Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Monday nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.

Scam free! Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife

View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

Countries you can bring your Filipina to without a visa

Discuss international visas, immigration and citizenship issues.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Re: Countries you can bring your Filipina to without a visa

Postby Winston » Wed Feb 01, 2017 1:01 pm

I just received an email from taiwan embassy:

"Dear Sir/Madam,

The Bureau of Consular Affairs of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of China (Taiwan) hereby acknowledges receipt of your eVisa application, as well as related fee payment (if applicable).

We will begin processing your application shortly. You will be notified by email of the decision concerning your application as soon as possible.

This is an automatically produced email. Please do not reply.

Thank you.

Bureau of Consular Affairs
Ministry of Foreign Affairs
Republic of China (Taiwan)"
Check out the latest posts in our blog The Happier Abroaders.

Don't forget my HA Grand Ebook and Dating Sites!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
Winston
Site Admin

Postby Winston » Thu Feb 02, 2017 2:43 am

It looks like the whole process for applying for a visitor visa or tourist visa to Taiwan for a Filipina can be done all online now, without the need to visit the Taiwan embassy in Manila. See below. This means it should be easy for me to bring my son to visit Taiwan now!

http://www.roc-taiwan.org/ph_en/post/1933.html

E-Visa(Online Visa)

Post Date:2016-10-11 (Last Update:2017-01-30)

The Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Republic of China (Taiwan) has announced that starting from October 7, 2016, Philippine passport holders who wish to travel to Taiwan are now eligible to apply for an E-visa (online visa). This simplified visa policy will facilitate the processing and save applicant's time, traffic hassles, and economic cost. The applicant doesn’t need to physically appear in the Taipei Economic and Cultural Office (TECO) in the Philippines.

Philippine passport holders who intend to visit Taiwan for the purpose of tourism, business, visiting relatives, attending international conference and participating in sport events can apply for the e-visa (with the required non-refundable fee by credit card payment). When an e-visa application has been approved, applicants are required to present the print-out of e-visa at the immigration checkpoint for verification upon arrival in Taiwan. An e-visa will be valid for 3 months upon approval with duration of stay up to 30 days.

The e-visa policy will be put on a trial basis for 1 year. Visitors may still file for their visa application at Taipei Economic and Cultural Office (TECO) in the Philippines.

Moreover, since September 1, 2016 Taiwan has eased its visa-free requirements for Filipinos who possess one of the following documents issued by Australia, Canada, Japan, Korea, New Zealand, any of the Schengen countries, the United Kingdom, and the United States: (1) a valid resident or permanent resident card; (2) a valid entry visa (electronic visa included); or (3) a resident card or visa that has expired less than 10 years prior to the date of arrival in Taiwan. Successful applicants are qualified to apply for the ROC (Taiwan) Travel Authorization Certificate which allows multiple-entries to Taiwan valid for 3 months with every stay up to 30 days.

Through the implementation of these two visa relaxing measures launched by the ROC (Taiwan) to the Philippine nationals, it is expected that it will greatly enhance the convenience of traveling between Taiwan and Philippines, and further promote bilateral economic, cultural and other exchanges between the two countries.

⇒For further information, please click here

⇒To apply an E-Visa, please click here

Taiwan eVisa FAQ's:

http://www.boca.gov.tw/content.asp?mp=2&CuItem=7283

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
Winston
Site Admin

Postby Winston » Thu Feb 02, 2017 8:09 am

Check this out. Here's how Angelo can apply for a Taiwan passport. Most of it is simple and straightforward. However, the part about showing his parents' marriage certificate seems to be a requirement, not an option. It assumes I am married to his mother and doesn't consider the possibility that I may not be. Typical square Taiwanese mentality and assumption. lol

http://www.roc-taiwan.org/ph_en/post/81.html

Winston
Site Admin

Postby Rock » Thu Feb 02, 2017 12:15 pm

Winston wrote:Check this out. Here's how Angelo can apply for a Taiwan passport. Most of it is simple and straightforward. However, the part about showing his parents' marriage certificate seems to be a requirement, not an option. It assumes I am married to his mother and doesn't consider the possibility that I may not be. Typical square Taiwanese mentality and assumption. lol

http://www.roc-taiwan.org/ph_en/post/81.html

Inquire to confirm that. If it's the case, then you could marry Dianne in Hong Kong and later divorce I think.

If you get Angelo a Taiwan passport and he ever lives in Taiwan before age 36, he may be conscripted for military service.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Previous

Return to Visas, Immigration, Citizenship Issues