Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.

Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife

View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

Which countries in Asia do you need a visa for?

Discuss international visas, immigration and citizenship issues.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Which countries in Asia do you need a visa for?

Postby Winston » Wed Dec 07, 2011 7:44 am

Which countries in Asia do you need a visa for and which do you don't, for US passports? Can someone make a list?

What about these:

China
Hong Kong
Singapore
Japan
Vietnam
Korea
Thailand
Philippines
Malaysia
Indonesia
Macau
Mongolia
Cambodia
Etc.
Check out the latest posts in our blog The Happier Abroaders.

Don't forget my HA Grand Ebook and Dating Sites!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
Winston
Site Admin

Re: Which countries in Asia do you need a visa for?

Postby Rock » Wed Dec 07, 2011 3:32 pm

Winston wrote:Which countries in Asia do you need a visa for and which do you don't, for US passports? Can someone make a list?

What about these:

China
Hong Kong
Singapore
Japan
Vietnam
Korea
Thailand
Philippines
Malaysia
Indonesia
Macau
Mongolia
Cambodia
Etc.

With US passport, of the countries you listed, a pre-arranged visa is only needed for China, Vietnam, Mongolia, and Cambodia. But with Cambodia, I think you can buy it at the airport after you land there but before going through immigration (double check that though). You would also need a visa to go to Myanmar, India, and Russia (Asian part) or most other CIS parts of Asia.

With your Taiwan citizenship and passport, you can get a Taibaozheng for China, better than using your US passport I think. With the other countries, probably best to stick with your US Passport.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby davewe » Wed Dec 07, 2011 5:27 pm

For Vietnam you do Visa on Arrival. Several online companies for a small charge will arrange the visa which you then pick up at the airport on arrival.

I'm going there in 2 weeks and cant wait!
Check out my blog @ www.marriedafilipina.com
davewe
Experienced Poster

Postby momopi » Tue Dec 20, 2011 2:03 am

Winston wrote:Which countries in Asia do you need a visa for and which do you don't, for US passports? Can someone make a list?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Visa_requi ... s_citizens
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby anamericaninbangkok » Fri May 24, 2013 1:06 am

Thailand - no visa for most nationalities.
Myanmar - need a visa. There were talks of allowing visa on arrival but as a few months ago it had not been implemented.
Cambodia - need a VOA, you can now also get it online
Laos - VOA
Singapore - No
Indonesia - VOA
anamericaninbangkok
Junior Poster

Postby Jester » Fri May 24, 2013 4:25 am

anamericaninbangkok wrote:Thailand - no visa for most nationalities.

According to my non-expert websurfing-only research, Thailand is 30 days without visa, or 60 days with visa.

(Of course one wonders how overstay will be enforced if there is no visa stamped in one's passport...... :twisted: :idea: )
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby anamericaninbangkok » Fri May 24, 2013 5:33 am

You are correct, 30 days is the norm for no-visa entries. A 60-day visa is a tourist visa and it can be extended an additional 30 days for $65.

Thai immigration always puts a stamp in the passport. It's a small triangle that they put the date inside. Visas can be stickers that take up a page or a stamp that takes up a half a page. It depends on the visa.

My previous passport:

anamericaninbangkok
Junior Poster

Postby E Irizarry R&B Singer » Fri May 24, 2013 7:11 am

Rock wrote:

What about these:

China
Hong Kong
Singapore
Japan
Vietnam
Korea
Thailand
Philippines
Malaysia
Indonesia
Macau
Mongolia
Cambodia
Etc.

With US passport, of the countries you listed, a pre-arranged visa is only needed for China, Vietnam, Mongolia, and Cambodia. But with Cambodia, I think you can buy it at the airport after you land there but before going through immigration (double check that though). You would also need a visa to go to Myanmar, India, and Russia (Asian part) or most other CIS parts of Asia.

With your Taiwan citizenship and passport, you can get a Taibaozheng for China, better than using your US passport I think. With the other countries, probably best to stick with your US Passport.

US Passports Marry Cambodian Visas: Explained (as of 2007)

It's time to expatriate to evade your fate; it's time to expatriate before the barn door permanently closes on "US" sheep.
Debut mixtape "The Skilled Neophyte of RNB (x64)" dropping Spring 2016 - Follow me on Twitter @eirizarryRNB
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Veteran Poster

Postby E Irizarry R&B Singer » Fri May 24, 2013 7:23 am

anamericaninbangkok wrote:
My previous passport:

Great Scott! Pun intended.
It's time to expatriate to evade your fate; it's time to expatriate before the barn door permanently closes on "US" sheep.
Debut mixtape "The Skilled Neophyte of RNB (x64)" dropping Spring 2016 - Follow me on Twitter @eirizarryRNB
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Veteran Poster

Return to Visas, Immigration, Citizenship Issues