Time period for new wife to obtain citizenship...

Discuss international visas, immigration and citizenship issues.
Enticer
Freshman Poster

Time period for new wife to obtain citizenship...

Post by Enticer »

Hypothetical...

I meet a nice Japanese girl online. I visit her...we fall in love, she comes here, I ask her to marry me..she says YES. We get married in Japan and the US...

How long for her to get her Visa or citizenship to stay? Will she be able to stay on a temp Visa...or have to go home?

I have a friend who met a girl in Bulgaria....they married. Rather than bring her here, she stayed as the process took about a year. Her Visa would only last 3-6 months I believe.

In short...how would it work with my above scenario...???
MarkDY
Freshman Poster

Post by MarkDY »

Bring her to the USA to marry her. I know many Americans who married people from other countries, those who married their spouses overseas had a more difficult time bringing their spouses to the USA.
My friend Tim worked at the USA embassy in South Africa. He met a South African woman, he was told his co-workers his best option was to bring her to the USA to marry if she wanted to live, work and study in the USA.
Enticer
Freshman Poster

Post by Enticer »

Just wondering if things get expedited faster for certain foreign countries. I do know that there's that program with certain countries where they dont need a Visa to visit. Japan and Spain are 2...they get 90 days visitor pass.

The last thing i'd want is to marry a girl from Japan...marry her here, then after 6months, she has to go back due to BS with her green card/citizenship etc etc. Talk about a heartbreaker! Even if she went back for 2-3-4 months, it'd be depressing for both...
Enticer
Freshman Poster

Post by Enticer »

UP....

Again, asking some questions...

1. Does the time frame of marriage and final visa approval vary with different countries? Like...marrying a Filipino, Japanese or Ethiopian?

2. What is the "support" level of income needed for a US visa, for a foreign bride. In other words...how much roughly must I SHOW i make to get the process started? There is a form and you need show how much you make in order to get her the Visa

3. Should I marry here in Phil and the US both? Or, US first?

4. How long does the Finacee Visa last?
Obama420
Freshman Poster

Re: Time period for new wife to obtain citizenship...

Post by Obama420 »

I have a friend who met a girl in Bulgaria....they married. Rather than bring her here, she stayed as the process took about a year. Her Visa would only last 3-6 months I believe. :D
watson
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Time period for new wife to obtain citizenship...

Post by Yohan »

Enticer wrote:Hypothetical...
I meet a nice Japanese girl online. I visit her...we fall in love, she comes here, I ask her to marry me..she says YES. We get married in Japan and the US...
How long for her to get her Visa or citizenship to stay? Will she be able to stay on a temp Visa...or have to go home?
In short...how would it work with my above scenario...???
The best solution is not to bring her out of Japan, but for you to relocate to Japan.

Spouse visa is easy in Japan.
After the marriage is legally registered, visa for the foreign spouse includes national health insurance and general working permit.