Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Monday nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE AFA Seminar! See locations and dates here.



View Active Topics       View Your Posts       Latest 100 Topics       FAQ Topics       Mobile Friendly Theme


Philippine Retirement Visa

Discuss international visas, immigration and citizenship issues.

Moderators: fschmidt, jamesbond

Post Reply
User avatar
Teal Lantern
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2767
Joined: August 14th, 2012, 12:48 am
Location: Briar Patch, Universe 25

Philippine Retirement Visa

Post by Teal Lantern » January 11th, 2014, 3:11 am

Hmm....
http://myphilippinelife.com/philippines ... visa-srrv/
SPECIAL RESIDENT RETIREE VISA (SRRV). This is a top option if you are not married to a Philippine citizen, have a pension of more than $1,000 per month and have $10,000 to leave invested in a Philippine bank.
не поглеждай назад. 8)

"Even an American judge is unlikely to award child support for imputed children." - FredOnEverything

zacb
Experienced Poster
Posts: 1532
Joined: June 21st, 2012, 4:33 am
Location: Mexico

Post by zacb » January 11th, 2014, 3:32 am

Thanks for the post :)
The Daily Agorist, Learn to Live Independent of the System! http://www.theagoristreview.blogspot.com

ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster
Posts: 3606
Joined: September 6th, 2007, 7:30 pm

Post by ladislav » January 11th, 2014, 6:03 am

There is a new 6 month visa in Manila which costs some USD 320. Then you can extend it. Before you could stay in the Philippines 16 months on tourist visas, now it is two years.

Some people prefer tourist visas because these are cheaper. Not everyone wants to put $10,000- $20,000 in the local bank. Cause if you take it out, it cancels the visa.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!

User avatar
Teal Lantern
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2767
Joined: August 14th, 2012, 12:48 am
Location: Briar Patch, Universe 25

Post by Teal Lantern » January 11th, 2014, 6:15 am

ladislav wrote:There is a new 6 month visa in Manila which costs some USD 320. Then you can extend it. Before you could stay in the Philippines 16 months on tourist visas, now it is two years.

Some people prefer tourist visas because these are cheaper. Not everyone wants to put $10,000- $20,000 in the local bank. Cause if you take it out, it cancels the visa.
Thanks, ladi. No problem.

I just posted this because another site is offering oh-so-exclusive :roll: info about this and other places for "only" $400 per year.
не поглеждай назад. 8)

"Even an American judge is unlikely to award child support for imputed children." - FredOnEverything

Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster
Posts: 4225
Joined: April 21st, 2010, 5:16 pm

Post by Rock » January 11th, 2014, 9:43 am

Teal Lantern wrote:
ladislav wrote:There is a new 6 month visa in Manila which costs some USD 320. Then you can extend it. Before you could stay in the Philippines 16 months on tourist visas, now it is two years.

Some people prefer tourist visas because these are cheaper. Not everyone wants to put $10,000- $20,000 in the local bank. Cause if you take it out, it cancels the visa.
Thanks, ladi. No problem.

I just posted this because another site is offering oh-so-exclusive :roll: info about this and other places for "only" $400 per year.
There are different rules. As I remember, under 35, not available, 35-49 you need to lock US$50,000 in the bank and only earn tiny interest, 50+ you just need to lock US$10,000 in the bank earning tiny interest. But, a qualified condo can be used in substitution of the bank deposit. Condo must be in retiree's name and purchased in cash for US$50,000 or above.

The visa will give you a handful of special privileges and I believe you are even allowed to work in most jobs with it. But there is a maintenance of around US$300 per year and acquiring the visa in the first year is US$1,400 or $1,600 (I don't remember which).

Hard call as to whether it's worthwhile or not. I would say if you own a qualified condo it might be worth doing or if you are 50+ and wanna work in Phils, it might be worth considering too. But for 35-49 with no condo, US$50,000 is a heck of a lot of money to tie up like that.

MR2
Freshman Poster
Posts: 19
Joined: September 9th, 2013, 4:33 am
Location: Angeles City

Post by MR2 » January 11th, 2014, 2:49 pm

This is a great visa after you get past the approval part, and of course the app fees, plus nbi clearance. If you qualify for the 10k visa and I believe I do, then it would be a good way to retire. I can't remember the amount but you are allowed to ship household stuff in without paying taxes. You can also take stuff back home without paying taxes too.

It is not all rainbows though. If you do not qualify for the 10k visa then you will simply take a chance. If the bank holding your money goes under, the philippine government will only reimburse up to 500k php. Yes you lose your visa...

Having said that, you can spend the money. It can go towards a condo purchase, or long term housing lease.

HouseMD
Experienced Poster
Posts: 1463
Joined: February 14th, 2012, 3:20 am
Location: Buried Under a Pile of Books

Post by HouseMD » January 13th, 2014, 12:01 am

http://www.pra.gov.ph/main/srrv_program?page=1

Currently, you need 20k. 10k was the old amount. Here's the official site with all the plans. If you are under 35, the investor visa, which requires a 75k investment that is not in property, is your best bet. So far as I know they changed the rules to require 20k invested in an account with property no longer counting toward the total capital as of 2012, but I could be misinformed.

Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster
Posts: 4225
Joined: April 21st, 2010, 5:16 pm

Post by Rock » January 13th, 2014, 5:32 am

HouseMD wrote:http://www.pra.gov.ph/main/srrv_program?page=1

Currently, you need 20k. 10k was the old amount. Here's the official site with all the plans. If you are under 35, the investor visa, which requires a 75k investment that is not in property, is your best bet. So far as I know they changed the rules to require 20k invested in an account with property no longer counting toward the total capital as of 2012, but I could be misinformed.
With the SRVV Classic, $10,000 at 50+ works as long as you can prove you have an $800+ per month pension source.

As per the info., may be converted to investments (usually condo) as long as it's ready for occupancy (not presale/off plan).

I don't think anything has changed. I even visited their Makati office less than 3 months ago and confirmed all this info with them.

User avatar
Winston
Site Admin
Posts: 25341
Joined: August 18th, 2007, 2:16 pm
Contact:

Post by Winston » January 13th, 2014, 9:29 am

ladislav wrote:There is a new 6 month visa in Manila which costs some USD 320. Then you can extend it. Before you could stay in the Philippines 16 months on tourist visas, now it is two years.

Some people prefer tourist visas because these are cheaper. Not everyone wants to put $10,000- $20,000 in the local bank. Cause if you take it out, it cancels the visa.
How would they know if you withdrew money from the bank? And what's the reason you have to deposit that much cash in the bank?

This sounds like too much trouble. It's much easier to just keep extending the tourist visa.

What if you are married to a Filipina? Do you get a residency visa for free then?
Check out my video series Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Also see my HA Grand Ebook and Join Our Dating Sites to support us!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World

User avatar
Teal Lantern
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2767
Joined: August 14th, 2012, 12:48 am
Location: Briar Patch, Universe 25

Post by Teal Lantern » January 15th, 2014, 7:09 am

Winston wrote:How would they know if you withdrew money from the bank? And what's the reason you have to deposit that much cash in the bank?

This sounds like too much trouble. It's much easier to just keep extending the tourist visa.

What if you are married to a Filipina? Do you get a residency visa for free then?
"They" are the govt and the bank, that's how they know if you take the money out. :roll:
Same as in the USSA. :?
Large deposits weed out the transient riff-raff.
не поглеждай назад. 8)

"Even an American judge is unlikely to award child support for imputed children." - FredOnEverything

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Visas, Immigration, Citizenship Issues”