Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Monday nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE AFA Seminar! See locations and dates here.


Scam free! Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife



View Active Topics       View Your Posts       Latest 100 Topics       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile


Regarding a Venezuelan woman.

Discuss international visas, immigration and citizenship issues.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Regarding a Venezuelan woman.

Postby MJay1978 » Thu Jul 16, 2015 10:26 pm

I have a situation on my hands and I need clear and direct info on how I can pull this off. I have a Venezuelan woman who is very much in love with me and cannot let go of me. However, the problem is I cannot go there due to the great economic stress and the very high crime rate in Venezuela. I was planning a two week stay to visit her, but realized close to the deadline that is not a good idea. However, my girlfriend does not have a US passport nor a visa to come to the United States. My girlfriend is also considered to be poor class and she is a Venezuelan citizen. What I'm trying to do is find a loophole to get my girlfriend to the United States so I can marry her and be with her without myself taking a risk to go to Venezuela.

I know it's possible some of you are going to give me shit about this, but I'm confident I can trust her. This Venezuelan woman does not drink alcohol, does not smoke, has very strong Christian beliefs, and has two beautiful daughters which I would like to raise as if they were my own kids. Can someone please help? Is there a much easier way I can do this without the cost being too high? It also has to be a sure way. No jokes please. This is coming from a man who is a middle class citizen in the United States who works hard and really, really wants to be with my Venezuelan girlfriend. Any sufficient help would be appreciated.
MJay1978
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 179
Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:52 pm







Re: Regarding a Venezuelan woman.

Postby chibolo » Fri Jul 17, 2015 1:17 am

Who don't you meet her in another country that is a little safer? Can't she go to Colombia or Brazil or something? Venezuelans can travel to many countries in South-America without even needing a passport:
http://www.arecoa.com/destinos/2013/08/12/ciudadanos-venezolanos-no-necesitaran-pasaporte-para-viajar-a-paises-del-mercosur/

This article mentions Brazil, Ecuador, Peru, Argentina, Chile and Uruguay.
Last edited by chibolo on Fri Jul 17, 2015 1:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
chibolo
Junior Poster
 
Posts: 508
Joined: Tue Jul 23, 2013 2:06 am

Re: Regarding a Venezuelan woman.

Postby wanderlust » Fri Jul 17, 2015 1:21 am

Yes have her go to another South American city. Medellin, Colombia is fairly close pretty safe (provided you steer clear of the bad barrios) so you'd be clear on the crime issue. Hotels can be had there for under $30 a night. She could maybe even get there on a bus; just have to be sure it's doable without a passport.

Foreign countries are cheaper (and maybe easier) to acquire passports than in the US. I think in much of the developing world it's more like $25 so even if funds are tight with you, that probably wouldn't break you.

In September, plane fares drop in the US so after that time you could probably fly for less. If you're flying from Miami the cost at that time might be under $500 round trip; if you have connecting flights it will be more.
wanderlust
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 94
Joined: Thu Jun 06, 2013 3:02 pm
Location: central US

Re: Regarding a Venezuelan woman.

Postby wanderlust » Fri Jul 17, 2015 1:39 am

I've heard things are definitely un-good in Venezuela. . . is it really unsafe to visit? How bad is it?

If you take taxis everywhere (they're cheaper than here), avoid the worst areas and stay inside after dark, that will get you most of the way out of the frying pan. Might be worth it to you.

Are the taxis metered there? That would reduce the chance of getting ripped off. Your GF could tell you. Do you speak Spanish?

Also from what I understand, most robberies in the developing world are to make a quick buck; beating up the victim isn't normally a top priority. The perp usually wants to grab and run. If you got kidnapped though, all bets are off.
wanderlust
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 94
Joined: Thu Jun 06, 2013 3:02 pm
Location: central US

Re: Regarding a Venezuelan woman.

Postby chibolo » Fri Jul 17, 2015 9:39 am

wanderlust wrote:I've heard things are definitely un-good in Venezuela. . . is it really unsafe to visit? How bad is it?

If you take taxis everywhere (they're cheaper than here), avoid the worst areas and stay inside after dark, that will get you most of the way out of the frying pan. Might be worth it to you.

Are the taxis metered there? That would reduce the chance of getting ripped off. Your GF could tell you. Do you speak Spanish?

Also from what I understand, most robberies in the developing world are to make a quick buck; beating up the victim isn't normally a top priority. The perp usually wants to grab and run. If you got kidnapped though, all bets are off.


I have heard that Venezuela is VERY bad. It has one of the highest homicide rates in the world and robbers there don't hesitate to shoot you. A famous Venezuelan model and actress was shot a couple of years ago during a robbery.
http://edition.cnn.com/2014/01/07/world/americas/monica-spear-venezuela-beauty-queen-killed/
chibolo
Junior Poster
 
Posts: 508
Joined: Tue Jul 23, 2013 2:06 am

Re: Regarding a Venezuelan woman.

Postby MJay1978 » Fri Jul 17, 2015 12:01 pm

wanderlust wrote:I've heard things are definitely un-good in Venezuela. . . is it really unsafe to visit? How bad is it?

If you take taxis everywhere (they're cheaper than here), avoid the worst areas and stay inside after dark, that will get you most of the way out of the frying pan. Might be worth it to you.

Are the taxis metered there? That would reduce the chance of getting ripped off. Your GF could tell you. Do you speak Spanish?

Also from what I understand, most robberies in the developing world are to make a quick buck; beating up the victim isn't normally a top priority. The perp usually wants to grab and run. If you got kidnapped though, all bets are off.


Thank you everyone for your responses. To answer your question, I'm going to be very honest with you. From what I've read in articles, travel reports, and from watching videos (most of the videos are from Vice News on YouTube), Venezuela is very dangerous. The economy is on the floor and the inflation rate is the worst. Yo soy un poco espanol senor. ...Hahaha! All jokes aside, Venezuela has the highest murder rate in the world. Once again, it is one of the most dangerous countries in the world.

....Well? As for the girlfriend, I had to cut her off and move on, which just currently happened. I found some things deceiving about her. Alarms started to go off in my head about this. All and all, it turned into a relationship that was going nowhere. Even though it is very sad what the people of Venezuela are going through, I do not recommend any kind of trips to that country. Especially if you are a U.S. citizen.
MJay1978
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 179
Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:52 pm

Re: Regarding a Venezuelan woman.

Postby Teal Lantern » Sun Jul 19, 2015 7:38 pm

If you can go from
MJay1978 wrote: ...What I'm trying to do is find a loophole to get my girlfriend to the United States so I can marry her and be with her without myself taking a risk to go to Venezuela.

I know it's possible some of you are going to give me shit about this, but I'm confident I can trust her. This Venezuelan woman does not drink alcohol, does not smoke, has very strong Christian beliefs, and has two beautiful daughters which I would like to raise as if they were my own kids.

to ...
MJay1978 wrote:....Well? As for the girlfriend, I had to cut her off and move on, which just currently happened. I found some things deceiving about her. Alarms started to go off in my head about this. All and all, it turned into a relationship that was going nowhere.

in such short time (24 hours?), you're in danger of letting some short-term infatuation lead you into life-long (or life ending) ruin.
Also, being a step-wallet is one of the most thankless jobs you could ever take on.
не поглеждай назад. 8)

"Even an American judge is unlikely to award child support for imputed children." - FredOnEverything
User avatar
Teal Lantern
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2750
Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:48 pm
Location: Briar Patch, Universe 25


Return to Visas, Immigration, Citizenship Issues

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest