Regarding a Venezuelan woman.

Discuss international visas, immigration and citizenship issues.
MJay1978
Freshman Poster

Regarding a Venezuelan woman.

Post by MJay1978 »

I have a situation on my hands and I need clear and direct info on how I can pull this off. I have a Venezuelan woman who is very much in love with me and cannot let go of me. However, the problem is I cannot go there due to the great economic stress and the very high crime rate in Venezuela. I was planning a two week stay to visit her, but realized close to the deadline that is not a good idea. However, my girlfriend does not have a US passport nor a visa to come to the United States. My girlfriend is also considered to be poor class and she is a Venezuelan citizen. What I'm trying to do is find a loophole to get my girlfriend to the United States so I can marry her and be with her without myself taking a risk to go to Venezuela.

I know it's possible some of you are going to give me shit about this, but I'm confident I can trust her. This Venezuelan woman does not drink alcohol, does not smoke, has very strong Christian beliefs, and has two beautiful daughters which I would like to raise as if they were my own kids. Can someone please help? Is there a much easier way I can do this without the cost being too high? It also has to be a sure way. No jokes please. This is coming from a man who is a middle class citizen in the United States who works hard and really, really wants to be with my Venezuelan girlfriend. Any sufficient help would be appreciated.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

chibolo
Junior Poster

Re: Regarding a Venezuelan woman.

Post by chibolo »

Who don't you meet her in another country that is a little safer? Can't she go to Colombia or Brazil or something? Venezuelans can travel to many countries in South-America without even needing a passport:
http://www.arecoa.com/destinos/2013/08/ ... -mercosur/

This article mentions Brazil, Ecuador, Peru, Argentina, Chile and Uruguay.
Last edited by chibolo on July 16th, 2015, 6:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wanderlust
Freshman Poster

Post by wanderlust »

Yes have her go to another South American city. Medellin, Colombia is fairly close pretty safe (provided you steer clear of the bad barrios) so you'd be clear on the crime issue. Hotels can be had there for under $30 a night. She could maybe even get there on a bus; just have to be sure it's doable without a passport.

Foreign countries are cheaper (and maybe easier) to acquire passports than in the US. I think in much of the developing world it's more like $25 so even if funds are tight with you, that probably wouldn't break you.

In September, plane fares drop in the US so after that time you could probably fly for less. If you're flying from Miami the cost at that time might be under $500 round trip; if you have connecting flights it will be more.
wanderlust
Freshman Poster

Post by wanderlust »

I've heard things are definitely un-good in Venezuela. . . is it really unsafe to visit? How bad is it?

If you take taxis everywhere (they're cheaper than here), avoid the worst areas and stay inside after dark, that will get you most of the way out of the frying pan. Might be worth it to you.

Are the taxis metered there? That would reduce the chance of getting ripped off. Your GF could tell you. Do you speak Spanish?

Also from what I understand, most robberies in the developing world are to make a quick buck; beating up the victim isn't normally a top priority. The perp usually wants to grab and run. If you got kidnapped though, all bets are off.
chibolo
Junior Poster

Post by chibolo »

wanderlust wrote:I've heard things are definitely un-good in Venezuela. . . is it really unsafe to visit? How bad is it?

If you take taxis everywhere (they're cheaper than here), avoid the worst areas and stay inside after dark, that will get you most of the way out of the frying pan. Might be worth it to you.

Are the taxis metered there? That would reduce the chance of getting ripped off. Your GF could tell you. Do you speak Spanish?

Also from what I understand, most robberies in the developing world are to make a quick buck; beating up the victim isn't normally a top priority. The perp usually wants to grab and run. If you got kidnapped though, all bets are off.
I have heard that Venezuela is VERY bad. It has one of the highest homicide rates in the world and robbers there don't hesitate to shoot you. A famous Venezuelan model and actress was shot a couple of years ago during a robbery.
http://edition.cnn.com/2014/01/07/world ... en-killed/
MJay1978
Freshman Poster

Post by MJay1978 »

wanderlust wrote:I've heard things are definitely un-good in Venezuela. . . is it really unsafe to visit? How bad is it?

Thank you everyone for your responses. To answer your question, I'm going to be very honest with you. From what I've read in articles, travel reports, and from watching videos (most of the videos are from Vice News on YouTube), Venezuela is very dangerous. The economy is on the floor and the inflation rate is the worst. Yo soy un poco espanol senor. ...Hahaha! All jokes aside, Venezuela has the highest murder rate in the world. Once again, it is one of the most dangerous countries in the world.

....Well? As for the girlfriend, I had to cut her off and move on, which just currently happened. I found some things deceiving about her. Alarms started to go off in my head about this. All and all, it turned into a relationship that was going nowhere. Even though it is very sad what the people of Venezuela are going through, I do not recommend any kind of trips to that country. Especially if you are a U.S. citizen.
Teal Lantern
Veteran Poster

Post by Teal Lantern »

If you can go from
MJay1978 wrote: ...What I'm trying to do is find a loophole to get my girlfriend to the United States so I can marry her and be with her without myself taking a risk to go to Venezuela.

I know it's possible some of you are going to give me shit about this, but I'm confident I can trust her. This Venezuelan woman does not drink alcohol, does not smoke, has very strong Christian beliefs, and has two beautiful daughters which I would like to raise as if they were my own kids.
to ...
MJay1978 wrote:....Well? As for the girlfriend, I had to cut her off and move on, which just currently happened. I found some things deceiving about her. Alarms started to go off in my head about this. All and all, it turned into a relationship that was going nowhere.
in such short time (24 hours?), you're in danger of letting some short-term infatuation lead you into life-long (or life ending) ruin.
Also, being a step-wallet is one of the most thankless jobs you could ever take on.
не поглеждай назад. 8)

"Even an American judge is unlikely to award child support for imputed children." - FredOnEverything
Williams3421
Freshman Poster

Post by Williams3421 »

MJay1878 iwas wondering if you would mind telling me your lady friends first name. Also what kind of "alarms". I wont go into much detail but someone i know personally is trying to go over there for a woman and he is ignoring all the things that dont make sence or warning signs.
chomommablack
Freshman Poster

Post by chomommablack »

Please don't step foot in the country. There is plenty of Venezuelan booty in other Latin American countries. And in a lot of American cities as well: http://www.city-data.com/top2/h159.html
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

There was this show called 90-day-fiance that posted an ad here some time back looking for people to follow around with a camera. Apparently, the US has a 90-day fiance visa. Bring a girl in on the visa, marry her in 90 days, and then you can continue with the other visa paperwork (I assume a greencard.)

Venezuela may have a lot of crime, but what are the chances of being a victim? Chicago has a high crime rate, as long as you don't walk through disputed gang territory or walk around really late at night, what are the changes of being the victim of a crime? You could visit Venezuela, dress plain, and have her family walk around with you so you won't be out alone. You could ask her dad for her hand and fly her back.

If you don't have enough money, you'll have to work hard to get some.
chomommablack
Freshman Poster

Post by chomommablack »

MrMan wrote: Venezuela may have a lot of crime, but what are the chances of being a victim? Chicago has a high crime rate, as long as you don't walk through disputed gang territory or walk around really late at night, what are the changes of being the victim of a crime? You could visit Venezuela, dress plain, and have her family walk around with you so you won't be out alone. You could ask her dad for her hand and fly her back.
The difference is Chicago has welfare and in Venezuela you have to stand on line the whole day just for bread and water. It is practically a dystopian dicto-anarchy there. Major airliners are refusing to fly there or service the country.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

comommablack

Have you been there? I think of it in terms of the news showing the worst of foreign countries. If they show protestors causing trouble, usually the rest of the country is not full of protestors making trouble. There were protestors in front of the US embassy in Jakarta. When I called my mom way back when, she'd say it looked really dangerous over there. There was a relatively small group of protestors, probably paid, there and I hadn't heard of protestors throughout the rest of the city. I emailed her once that I was going to Singapore on a visa run. She said to be careful; it sounds dangerous there. She saw the news many years before about a teenager being caned there. I chucked internally reading that. She could not see how dangerous it was in Jakarta just to cross the street versus how safe it was in Singapore. In comparison to US cities, Singapore is safe.

Is Venezuela really that dangerous? What are the odds of getting into trouble?

If it is that bad, there may be a line of Venezuelan women ready to fall in love really fast with some expat to marry him and go to his country to eat. Do you think Venezuela is a good place for expats looking for desperate women?
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Contrarian Expatriate »

MrMan wrote:comommablack
Is Venezuela really that dangerous? What are the odds of getting into trouble?

If it is that bad, there may be a line of Venezuelan women ready to fall in love really fast with some expat to marry him and go to his country to eat. Do you think Venezuela is a good place for expats looking for desperate women?
Dude what rock did you just crawl out from under? Venezuela is close to becoming a failed state. There is pandemonium in the streets and people recently raided the zoo to have the animals as meat.

Venezuela is quite possibly the most dangerous country in terms of high crime in the world right now. A westerner walking around there is on borrowed time. Don't you have Google? This stuff is common knowledge (or maybe not).

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/20 ... zuela.html