The Filipina I'm talking to is married but wants a divorce

Discuss international visas, immigration and citizenship issues.
filipinalover
Freshman Poster

The Filipina I'm talking to is married but wants a divorce

Post by filipinalover »

Hello Happier Abroad community!

First off, I want to thank everyone on this forum for your contributions! I've received so much great information during my search from the forum here. I found this site a few months ago after I started my search on one of the Filipina dating sites.

Well, I found a wonderful and beautiful Filipina who I want to plan a future with; however, there's a few obstacles in the way. She's married but separated from her husband. She's currently a household worker in Saudi Arabia and her contract will be over soon. Our plan is for her to get a visa when she goes back home to the Philippines and then come to the US where I am so she can file for divorce.

I've read the horror stories of how long it can take to get an annulment, so we'd rather skip that red tape if possible. She recently brought up the prospect of converting to Islam on paper because she would be allowed to marry again immediately under Islamic law. I'm completely against it though. With the way the United States and other countries treat Muslims, I don't want any part of that.

I recently started looking into our options. What can anyone recommend as far as visa options? Any help is very much appreciated.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

filipinalover
Freshman Poster

Re: The Filipina I'm talking to is married but wants a divor

Post by filipinalover »

Well, I suppose this thread can be closed now.
Zambales
Experienced Poster

Post by Zambales »

Where did you meet her? Saudi or PH?
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

With all the single women in the world, why would you marry another man's wife?
filipinalover
Freshman Poster

Post by filipinalover »

Zambales wrote:Where did you meet her? Saudi or PH?
In the Philippines.
Jonny Law
Experienced Poster

Post by Jonny Law »

filipinalover wrote:
In the Philippines.
-Newsflash-
There is no divorce in the Philippines. And you are a sucker for even taking this bitch seriously.
Zambales
Experienced Poster

Post by Zambales »

filipinalover wrote:
In the Philippines.
Did you know adultery is a crime in the Philippines? Any evidence of cohorting with this woman in a sexual manner together with the husband filing a complaint against you both could land the pair of you in jail for up to seven years.
MarcosZeitola
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MarcosZeitola »

I don't understand why in a country so chock-full ofsexy young unattached women, one would go through the drama of dating and falling for divorced women. I see so many men who date women in their late twenties, in their thirties, or even forties. Women with estranged husbands, children by (multiple) men, volatile exes, messed up family situations... why? I think some men are so used to the messed up dating situation in their own country that they foolishly consider such a woman "a prize". They forget that old hags who still have some degree of value in the Western world, have none in foreign countries.

Foreign men such as OP go for the women local men in the Philippines do not want anymore. They are their knights in shining armour, their saviors. But all you do is sell yourselves short, in my opinion. Either way, love is a strange thing. If this woman is different, and she makes you happy, then be my guest. I hope things work out.

Just out of curiosity... how old are you, how old is she, how long ago did you meet and does she have any children already? Also, what sort of a man is her husband? When it comes to annulments, don't count on it. I talked to a Filipino millionaire past December and he told me even he, with all his wealth, has not been able to get his marriage ended after five years of trying and even bribing an attorney. Legally, your position is pretty much impossible.
On "Faux-Tradionalists" and why they're heading nowhere: viewtopic.php?style=1&f=37&t=29144
filipinalover
Freshman Poster

Post by filipinalover »

Zambales wrote:
filipinalover wrote:
In the Philippines.
Did you know adultery is a crime in the Philippines? Any evidence of cohorting with this woman in a sexual manner together with the husband filing a complaint against you both could land the pair of you in jail for up to seven years.
Yes, I'm aware. We haven't had any form of sexual contact. I appreciate the warning.
Last edited by filipinalover on January 25th, 2016, 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
filipinalover
Freshman Poster

Post by filipinalover »

MarcosZeitola wrote:I don't understand why in a country so chock-full ofsexy young unattached women, one would go through the drama of dating and falling for divorced women. I see so many men who date women in their late twenties, in their thirties, or even forties. Women with estranged husbands, children by (multiple) men, volatile exes, messed up family situations... why? I think some men are so used to the messed up dating situation in their own country that they foolishly consider such a woman "a prize". They forget that old hags who still have some degree of value in the Western world, have none in foreign countries.

Foreign men such as OP go for the women local men in the Philippines do not want anymore. They are their knights in shining armour, their saviors. But all you do is sell yourselves short, in my opinion. Either way, love is a strange thing. If this woman is different, and she makes you happy, then be my guest. I hope things work out.

Just out of curiosity... how old are you, how old is she, how long ago did you meet and does she have any children already? Also, what sort of a man is her husband? When it comes to annulments, don't count on it. I talked to a Filipino millionaire past December and he told me even he, with all his wealth, has not been able to get his marriage ended after five years of trying and even bribing an attorney. Legally, your position is pretty much impossible.
I'm 34 and she's 25. We met last summer and she has 2 children from the same man that she's separated from. According to her, she was raped and ended up staying with him. I found that very strange, but from what I've read, it's more common for a woman to do that there because she lost her "honor" to him. I intend to get a private investigator on the case to check her out. She claims that she's separated because he was emotionally abusive, addicted to alcohol and gambling and he wasn't a good father & husband overall.

The attorneys I spoke with said it's possible for her to get a divorce if she comes here first, but they are attorneys after all. Many attorneys will tell you want to hear to gain your business. That's why I wanted to lean on the knowledge and experience of guys here who have been there, done that before going over my options with an attorney.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

If he raped her and she chose to marry her, she still chose to marry him. She's his wife. You shouldn't covet, date, or seek to marry another man's wife.

Just find a single woman.

It's possible a woman married a man who raped her. But you could be the guy she's telling some other guy a sob story about down the road.

How will her family and other Filippinos view her if she divorces and remarries? Your going to have a 'baby daddy' in your life that you are going to believe is a rapist?

There are lots of beautiful Filippinas and women from other countries who don't have husbands. Why not marry one of them?
filipinalover
Freshman Poster

Post by filipinalover »

I saw this online also:

http://www.mosquedalaw.com/12-16-06%20E ... SIDENT.htm

Philippine Law On Foreign

Divorce By Its Citizens:

Executive Order No. 227, signed into law by Pres. Corazon Aquino on July 17, 1987, added paragraph 2 to Article 26 of the Philippine Family Code (Executive Order No. 209, signed into law on July 06, 1987 and effective on August 03, 1988), which states: “Where a marriage between a Filipino citizen and a foreigner is validly celebrated and a divorce is thereafter validly obtained abroad by the alien spouse capacitating him or her to remarry, the Filipino spouse shall have capacity to remarry under Philippine law.”
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

It is possible to nullify such a marriage in Philippines if the woman claims she was raped but forced to marry - not really a single case. I know about such women too in the Philippines. Often from a violent rural area, uneducated and often alcohol and gambling play also a certain role.

Such men never pay any support for their children either and it is understandable that she is interested to meet foreign men.
If she is living now separated already for several years with her 2 children and if the marriage is not contested by the husband there is no problem to nullify the marriage. Takes a while, costs some money however. Likely he is already with another woman and will not contest any nullification.

As there is no divorce law yet, there are many Filipinos/Filipinas, who are living separated, are still married but are living already together with other men or women. Many of them do not have the financial resources to pay for nullification, they just don't care.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on January 8th, 2020, 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mr Natural
Freshman Poster

Post by Mr Natural »

Maybe can obtain a divorce in the USA, but how to get her here first? Doesn't the fiancee visa process require some sort of evidence from their country that she is eligible to marry? Sounds like lawyer territory for sure.
Everybody has a plan til they get punched in the mouth
Mike Tyson