Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Monday nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE AFA Seminar! See locations and dates here.



View Active Topics       View Your Posts       Latest 100 Topics       FAQ Topics       Mobile Friendly Theme


For the AFA website, how come there are no Korean, Japanese, Vietnamese women listed?

Ask questions and get advice. Disclaimer: Any advice you take here is at your own risk. We are not liable for any consequences you might incur from following advice here. Note: Before posting your question, do a search for it in the Google Search box at the top to see if it's been addressed.

Moderators: fschmidt, jamesbond

Post Reply
User avatar
Horahngee
Freshman Poster
Posts: 181
Joined: February 25th, 2018, 12:51 am

For the AFA website, how come there are no Korean, Japanese, Vietnamese women listed?

Post by Horahngee » July 29th, 2018, 12:03 pm

I don't know if this question is for Winston.

I have looked at the AFA website. Really nice and enticing website.

However, when I looked at the category on the right hand side of the webpage, I am wondering why there are no Korean, Japanese or even Vietnamese women listed there?

For the East/SE Asian groups, I only see Thailand, China and the Philippines.

Any plans on expanding your female pool?

I am thinking of many resources to turn to in the near future. However, relocation and moving abroad is not one of my options. :(

User avatar
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster
Posts: 3069
Joined: April 3rd, 2014, 6:05 am
Location: Tokyo, JAPAN
Contact:

Re: For the AFA website, how come there are no Korean, Japanese, Vietnamese women listed?

Post by Yohan » July 30th, 2018, 12:58 pm

Not many Japanese and Korean women are interested in dating foreign men - it is more the opposite, Japanese and Korean men do their best to date foreign (but Asian) women.

No idea however about Vietnamese women .... Good question, why not?

User avatar
Horahngee
Freshman Poster
Posts: 181
Joined: February 25th, 2018, 12:51 am

Re: For the AFA website, how come there are no Korean, Japanese, Vietnamese women listed?

Post by Horahngee » July 31st, 2018, 8:49 am

Yohan wrote:
July 30th, 2018, 12:58 pm
Not many Japanese and Korean women are interested in dating foreign men - it is more the opposite, Japanese and Korean men do their best to date foreign (but Asian) women.
Say what, Yohan!? Nah, I actually do know of Korean and even Japanese women who want to marry foreigner to get out from their country. I don't know much about Japan since I have never been there.

The "poor" type of Korean women usually try to cozy up and marry a US GI and get herself a greencard to the US.
These type of women in Korea tend to work at bars. Kind of like the bargirl scenes in the Philippines and Thailand.
No idea however about Vietnamese women .... Good question, why not?
I know, I want to try to meet a nice foreign Vietnamese woman.

They tend to be smarter than your average Thai or even Filipino woman.

User avatar
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster
Posts: 3069
Joined: April 3rd, 2014, 6:05 am
Location: Tokyo, JAPAN
Contact:

Re: For the AFA website, how come there are no Korean, Japanese, Vietnamese women listed?

Post by Yohan » August 1st, 2018, 11:23 am

Horahngee wrote:
July 31st, 2018, 8:49 am
Say what, Yohan!? Nah, I actually do know of Korean and even Japanese women who want to marry foreigner to get out from their country. I don't know much about Japan since I have never been there.

The "poor" type of Korean women usually try to cozy up and marry a US GI and get herself a greencard to the US.
These type of women in Korea tend to work at bars. Kind of like the bargirl scenes in the Philippines and Thailand.
South Korea is not Vietnam, Philippines and Thailand. Every South Korean and Japanese woman can get out of their native country if they want to do it.
Passport/visa is no problem, and money also not.

Living in Japan since 40 years, I can only say that the number of Japanese women who want to marry a foreign man and leave Japan with him is very small. Not significant at all.

It's a bit better and easier with a Japanese woman who want to marry a foreign man but prefers to continue to live in Japan - the question is then however if the foreign man is qualified to live in Japan and able to create a reasonable income.
No Japanese woman is 'dreaming' about receiving a 'green card' for USA.

chanta76
Experienced Poster
Posts: 1846
Joined: February 11th, 2008, 4:56 pm

Re: For the AFA website, how come there are no Korean, Japanese, Vietnamese women listed?

Post by chanta76 » August 2nd, 2018, 3:54 pm

South korea and japan are develop countries. The women there have choices and are not hungry to get out like the ones in the Philippines. In matter of fact korean and Japanese women are starting to act stuck up and the local asian men there are seeking other asian women from the poorer countries.

flowerthief00
Freshman Poster
Posts: 119
Joined: January 11th, 2017, 5:14 am

Re: For the AFA website, how come there are no Korean, Japanese, Vietnamese women listed?

Post by flowerthief00 » August 4th, 2018, 9:44 pm

The implication to what the others have said above (which I agree with) is that the women from countries where they DO want to marry foreign are only doing so for the purpose of using the man. In other words, in no country are the women interested in a man for anything other than his utility. If you are a man you have to ask yourself how much do you love women. Do you love them enough to let yourself be used?

User avatar
Horahngee
Freshman Poster
Posts: 181
Joined: February 25th, 2018, 12:51 am

Re: For the AFA website, how come there are no Korean, Japanese, Vietnamese women listed?

Post by Horahngee » August 4th, 2018, 10:08 pm

Yohan wrote:
August 1st, 2018, 11:23 am


South Korea is not Vietnam, Philippines and Thailand. Every South Korean and Japanese woman can get out of their native country if they want to do it.
Passport/visa is no problem, and money also not.
yes, I understand that women or any human being from S. Korea, Japan or Taiwan have no issues of coming to the US because these are the only East Asian nations that are US visa-free nations.

However, I am sure that there are still women from S. Korea, Japan, or even Vietnam who want to marry a foreigner.

Still, why doesn't AFA have Vietnamese women or even Cambodian women on their website? It's only mainly Thai and Filipino women for the choices.

I guess for Filipina's, they are mainly liked because they speak English and it's easier for them to communicate with a western guy.


Living in Japan since 40 years, I can only say that the number of Japanese women who want to marry a foreign man and leave Japan with him is very small. Not significant at all.

I still don't believe you, Yohan, about Japanese women not wanting a foreign "Gaijin" husband. I see a crapload of white guys married to Japanese women in Hawaii, and here in the Puget Sound/Seattle area.

I have met Japanese women such as "Mariko Howards" and "Rika Smith" at some of the events I have attended in the past.


I think of all East Asian ethnic group, Japanese women are the highest to marry out to white western men. Second would be Taiwanese, and Filipinos.

It's a bit better and easier with a Japanese woman who want to marry a foreign man but prefers to continue to live in Japan - the question is then however if the foreign man is qualified to live in Japan and able to create a reasonable income.

In your case, you're a foreigner who has decided to stay in Japan. Plus you're European guy, so you're different from western guys from the US. I have not heard of any white guy from the US who wants to stay and live in Japan. A lot of US white or non-Japanese western guys are military soldiers who get married to a Japanese woman.
I don't know why any guy from another country outside of Japan wants to stay and live in Japan.

I am half Japanese too (my dad is US American sansei), but shit, I myself would not want to live there permanently, especially with all kinds of discrimination going on over there. :(

No Japanese woman is 'dreaming' about receiving a 'green card' for USA.
I disagree with you, yohan. While there is no a huge boatload of Japanese women who want to leave Japan, there are some Japanese women who are sick and tired of the work-a-holic lifestyle in Japan, and want to escape to live in the US or some other Western nation.

User avatar
Horahngee
Freshman Poster
Posts: 181
Joined: February 25th, 2018, 12:51 am

Re: For the AFA website, how come there are no Korean, Japanese, Vietnamese women listed?

Post by Horahngee » August 4th, 2018, 10:16 pm

chanta76 wrote:
August 2nd, 2018, 3:54 pm
South korea and japan are develop countries. The women there have choices and are not hungry to get out like the ones in the Philippines. In matter of fact korean and Japanese women are starting to act stuck up and the local asian men there are seeking other asian women from the poorer countries.
Chanta76, if I'm not mistaken, you're also a Korean-American guy.

Yes, sadly, a lot of Korean women these days are stuck up and can be materialistic, and even sleep around like sluts.

However, there is also a good handful of Korean women who grew up with Christian values and are still potential people to get married to.

I have recently enrolled with a Korean dating service here in my area and am communicating long-distance with a Korean girl living in Korea. What is good about her is that she previously lived here in the US for around 10 years on a US student visa. Her English writing and comprehension skills are good. I hope to connect with her and that she eventually visits me here in the US so that we get to know each other more.

I don't know too much about Japan, although my dad is 3rd-gen Japanese-murrican. But a lot of the Korean and Japanese men who are marrying Vietnamese, Thai, Cambodians and Filipino women tend to be from the countryside and mainly work in farming. A lot of the Korean women in the countryside tend to move to Seoul or Busan, bigger city, to find a job to work or to attend college. This leaves the men in the countryside with no choice but to find overseas bride to get married. A lot of the overseas women who marry Korean men are from either Vietnam or Cambodia. I have not heard much about Korean men marrying Thai or Filipino women.

flowerthief00
Freshman Poster
Posts: 119
Joined: January 11th, 2017, 5:14 am

Re: For the AFA website, how come there are no Korean, Japanese, Vietnamese women listed?

Post by flowerthief00 » August 4th, 2018, 10:48 pm

Horahngee wrote:
August 4th, 2018, 10:08 pm
I still don't believe you, Yohan, about Japanese women not wanting a foreign "Gaijin" husband. I see a crapload of white guys married to Japanese women in Hawaii, and here in the Puget Sound/Seattle area.

I have met Japanese women such as "Mariko Howards" and "Rika Smith" at some of the events I have attended in the past.
I can field this one. I know all about Hawaii.

Women prefer to select men of their own race/culture, but failing that they will select men of the dominant race/culture wherever they are. If that's Tennessee, the dominant race/culture will be white men; not a lot of Japanese men there. Seattle, probably the same.
If it's Hawaii, where a mix of race/culture is present, you see exactly that--a mix of pairings. Yes, there are many Mariko Howards and Rika Smiths.

However, take a closer look at Hawaii and you will see that Japanese women in Hawaii still date and marry Japanese men in Hawaii in large numbers. A Japanese man who has been stateside for years, knows his way around American culture, and can speak both English and Japanese is an ideal pick for her.

It's difficult to prove this, but I believe you will find that most of the Japanese women who marry white men in Hawaii are not what you would call the cream of the crop. They have been passed over by Japanese men either because they are too old, too homely-looking, too chubby, too slutty, too crazy in the head, etc. So they go to option #2. Realize that Japanese men have stricter standards than Western men. Even a woman in her late 20's is considered Christmas Cake; no one wants to eat the Christmas Cake after Christmas.

The very fact that a Japanese woman came to Hawaii is often a byproduct of her realization that it's not going to happen between her and a Japanese man. But the low standards of Western men is now world-famous so....

In other words, the relatively few Japanese woman (out of the entire population of Japan) who come to Hawaii are already preselected to be the type who would be looking for a foreign man. And even then, lots of them still end up marrying their fellow Japanese overseas.

Besides that, Hawaii is considered an attractive place to live, conveniently situated within a 7-hour plane ride from their home island, and some women will do whatever it takes to make their home there.

User avatar
Horahngee
Freshman Poster
Posts: 181
Joined: February 25th, 2018, 12:51 am

Re: For the AFA website, how come there are no Korean, Japanese, Vietnamese women listed?

Post by Horahngee » August 6th, 2018, 8:14 pm

flowerthief00 wrote:
August 4th, 2018, 10:48 pm


I can field this one. I know all about Hawaii.
What do you know about Hawaii? Have you lived there? Are you a local person?

Women prefer to select men of their own race/culture, but failing that they will select men of the dominant race/culture wherever they are. If that's Tennessee, the dominant race/culture will be white men; not a lot of Japanese men there. Seattle, probably the same.
If it's Hawaii, where a mix of race/culture is present, you see exactly that--a mix of pairings. Yes, there are many Mariko Howards and Rika Smiths.
Sadly, this is not true. Esp amongst the Asian-Amer females here in the US. But I don't care, as most American women in general, regardless of racial background, tend to be snobby, cocky, and materialistic.
However, take a closer look at Hawaii and you will see that Japanese women in Hawaii still date and marry Japanese men in Hawaii in large numbers. A Japanese man who has been stateside for years, knows his way around American culture, and can speak both English and Japanese is an ideal pick for her.
Not really, flowerthief. You'd be surprised that a lot of the local Japanese girls in Hawaii are turning away from dating or marrying Japanese-American men.
It's difficult to prove this, but I believe you will find that most of the Japanese women who marry white men in Hawaii are not what you would call the cream of the crop. They have been passed over by Japanese men either because they are too old, too homely-looking, too chubby, too slutty, too crazy in the head, etc. So they go to option #2. Realize that Japanese men have stricter standards than Western men. Even a woman in her late 20's is considered Christmas Cake; no one wants to eat the Christmas Cake after Christmas.
Yeah, I see what you're saying. However, I did not know that the Christmas Cake phenomenon was also common in Japan. I thought that it only applied to women who lived in China. I know that women in China over the age of 26 or 27 are considered to be leftovers.
Which sucks because 26-30 years of age is still considered to be young.

I do not know if this applies to Korean women in S. Korea. A lot of them tend to put off marriage because they are so focused on their career and jobs.

In other words, the relatively few Japanese woman (out of the entire population of Japan) who come to Hawaii are already preselected to be the type who would be looking for a foreign man. And even then, lots of them still end up marrying their fellow Japanese overseas.
Hmmm...I don't know. I do know one of my mom's client, he's Japanese-American born and raised in Hawaii, and eventually married a foreign Japanese woman. Lucky him.


Besides that, Hawaii is considered an attractive place to live, conveniently situated within a 7-hour plane ride from their home island, and some women will do whatever it takes to make their home there.

Attractive, but can be super expensive!

flowerthief00
Freshman Poster
Posts: 119
Joined: January 11th, 2017, 5:14 am

Re: For the AFA website, how come there are no Korean, Japanese, Vietnamese women listed?

Post by flowerthief00 » August 9th, 2018, 7:11 am

Horahngee wrote:
August 6th, 2018, 8:14 pm
What do you know about Hawaii? Have you lived there? Are you a local person?
I don't know how you want to define local, but yes I have lived and still live there.
Not really, flowerthief. You'd be surprised that a lot of the local Japanese girls in Hawaii are turning away from dating or marrying Japanese-American men.
There are a surplus of Japanese women compared to men in Hawaii. Some portion of them are going to go for the non-Japanese man, for sure.

I assume that the ones that go non-Japanese are washed-up. Why? Because Japanese girls who still have their youth and good looks (I'm talking teens and twenties) are seldom seen dating non-Japanese. Can it be really said that they like non-Japanese men when they only begin to seriously consider dating one after they've started the transformation into Christmas Cake that Japanese men don't want to eat?

I remember a time when I hosted a party for university-aged students and about a dozen fobby Japanese were there. For fun we asked them each which they prefer to date, Americans or Japanese. Every one of them answered Japanese.
And I knew at least a couple of the Japanese boys and girls there to be actually in relationships with each other at the time, so they weren't bullshitting.

Anyway, we shouldn't extrapolate conclusions about Japanese female preferences just from Hawaii when most Japanese are not in Hawaii. In Japan itself you will find a lower percentage of females who select foreigners despite the supply of foreigners in Japan constantly increasing.
Yeah, I see what you're saying. However, I did not know that the Christmas Cake phenomenon was also common in Japan. I thought that it only applied to women who lived in China. I know that women in China over the age of 26 or 27 are considered to be leftovers.
Which sucks because 26-30 years of age is still considered to be young.

I do not know if this applies to Korean women in S. Korea. A lot of them tend to put off marriage because they are so focused on their career and jobs.
Honestly, 26-30 is past my target range. After Christmas I'll just have a salad, thank you.

Women who focus on their careers through their youth had better realize they are passing on their best chance to have a man willingly lock himself down to her, if that's what they want. (If they really do value their careers more than marriage then I guess it's fine)
Hmmm...I don't know. I do know one of my mom's client, he's Japanese-American born and raised in Hawaii, and eventually married a foreign Japanese woman. Lucky him.
I see a lot of that. Local Japanese man marrying fob Japanese woman. It's included in what I meant by a man who has been stateside for years being a great pick.
But I'm not sure I'd call him lucky....
Attractive, but can be super expensive!
Hence "whatever it takes" to live there, up to and including marrying a local man. Divorce can always come later, right?

chanta76
Experienced Poster
Posts: 1846
Joined: February 11th, 2008, 4:56 pm

Re: For the AFA website, how come there are no Korean, Japanese, Vietnamese women listed?

Post by chanta76 » August 14th, 2018, 12:57 am

Flowerthief00,

You asian by chance? I knew one guy that lived in Hawaii. He was asian American. He none of the toxic or insecurity that you find much more common among main land asian Americans.

User avatar
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster
Posts: 3069
Joined: April 3rd, 2014, 6:05 am
Location: Tokyo, JAPAN
Contact:

Re: For the AFA website, how come there are no Korean, Japanese, Vietnamese women listed?

Post by Yohan » August 15th, 2018, 2:39 am

Horahngee wrote:
August 4th, 2018, 10:08 pm
I still don't believe you, Yohan, about Japanese women not wanting a foreign "Gaijin" husband. I see a crapload of white guys married to Japanese women in Hawaii, and here in the Puget Sound/Seattle area.

I have met Japanese women such as "Mariko Howards" and "Rika Smith" at some of the events I have attended in the past.

-----

I disagree with you, yohan. While there is no a huge boatload of Japanese women who want to leave Japan, there are some Japanese women who are sick and tired of the work-a-holic lifestyle in Japan, and want to escape to live in the US or some other Western nation.
A 'Mariko Howards' or a 'Rika Smith' are not Japanese citizens, as Japanese nationals keep their original names after marriage with a foreigner.

These people you are talking about are likely Asian Americans. They have some historical Japanese background but their behavior is anything else but Japanese. Alone in Brazil are over 3 millions of them.

Most Japanese women are not into a workaholic lifestyle. - You are wrongly informed. Japanese women have a choice if they want to work something or not. The huge majority working nonstop without taking any rest are clearly men and not women.

Comparing Japan with USA, I can only say you have less vacation in USA. Also if you want to work only part-time, payment is better in Japan than in USA per hour. Japan is not a tipping society. Japan offers also very reliable medical care to everybody living in Japan, medical bills are not a headache.
Japan -regardless where you are living in cities or rural areas - is much safer than USA, crime rate is very low here.

User avatar
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster
Posts: 3069
Joined: April 3rd, 2014, 6:05 am
Location: Tokyo, JAPAN
Contact:

Re: For the AFA website, how come there are no Korean, Japanese, Vietnamese women listed?

Post by Yohan » August 15th, 2018, 2:59 am

flowerthief00 wrote:
August 9th, 2018, 7:11 am
Anyway, we shouldn't extrapolate conclusions about Japanese female preferences just from Hawaii when most Japanese are not in Hawaii. In Japan itself you will find a lower percentage of females who select foreigners despite the supply of foreigners in Japan constantly increasing.
Most Japanese in Hawaii are merely tourists, coming and leaving and Hawaii for sure does not present typical Japanese daily way of life.
Now many Japanese are traveling around worldwide, often are interested into a working contract overseas for a few years, but they are not much willing to settle down overseas forever - they prefer a permanent address in Japan.

The main point is more about where does the huge majority of young Japanese women want to live in future, and the answer is 'in Japan'.

If the foreign man is able to settle down in Japan and earns enough for a good living he has a chance but it is not so easy.

Foreigners in Japan are about only 2 percent of the population, their number is only slowly increasing - many of them leave again after a few years and many of them are coming from nearby Asian countries - China, Taiwan, South Korea, Philippines and Vietnam - some others are Brazilian citizens with some Japanese background... and some US-servicemen...

The number of Western foreign men like I myself who are living permanently in Japan is small.
They usually make their income working within any international company or foreign government offices, like large hotels, restaurants serving Western food, international trading companies, staff of embassies, international schools...

flowerthief00
Freshman Poster
Posts: 119
Joined: January 11th, 2017, 5:14 am

Re: For the AFA website, how come there are no Korean, Japanese, Vietnamese women listed?

Post by flowerthief00 » August 15th, 2018, 7:12 am

chanta76 wrote:
August 14th, 2018, 12:57 am
Flowerthief00,

You asian by chance? I knew one guy that lived in Hawaii. He was asian American. He none of the toxic or insecurity that you find much more common among main land asian Americans.
I have some Asian in me. (That's also what she said that night in my room; j/k :P)

Oh, Asian is what you wanna be in Hawaii.
If you're White you probably got picked on in school.
If you're local, you have relatives and community, but mainlanders consider you provincially-minded, which you probably are.
If you're Asian everyone loves you.

Plenty of Asians here are not insecure. The most confident people I know here are Asian.

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Questions and Advice”