Should Winston get US citizenship for his son Angelo?

Ask questions and get advice. Disclaimer: Any advice you take here is at your own risk. We are not liable for any consequences you might incur from following advice here. Note: Before posting your question, do a search for it in the Google Search box at the top to see if it's been addressed.
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Should Winston get US citizenship for his son Angelo?

Post by Contrarian Expatriate »

Yohan wrote:
May 16th, 2019, 10:36 pm
Winston wrote:
May 16th, 2019, 9:06 pm
..... I've never known a poor American citizen to be hounded by the IRS. Ask any guy here, especially those living with parents, if they get audited or threatened by the IRS. Not unless they have high income and assets and are tax evaders. I never known any low income people to be hounded by the IRS. Have you?
You have to report all and everything - merely routine paper work - which is however so complicated that you need sometimes professional help to do it correctly and it has to be done on time, but it seems required payment of US-taxes is not such a big issue for US-citizens living outside of the USA.
Correct, it is the annual reporting of foreign bank account information that gets most people in trouble. As little as the equivalent of $10,000 total obligates you to do that reporting to the US Government.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

Contrarian Expatriate wrote:
May 16th, 2019, 10:10 pm
.....I have both worked to locate American tax cheats in the countries where I worked. Most of these Americans were poor, but were charged with tax evasion along with laundry lists of other charges. In fact, I only worked on one case with a wealthy individual.
Can you explain this a little bit...

I think, if they are charged with tax cheats and other offenses, it is likely, because they NEVER reported - failed totally over many years to do the required complicated paperwork.

There are millions of US citizens living outside of USA (I have seen estimates of 8 to 9 million for 2019), it is impossible to hound them all for tax money.

Some of them might be poor but are simply lazy and don't care and never report anything, others might be rich and really hiding assets, others are hiding something like a criminal record, payment of child support etc... and this is the wrong way to go... no question such US-citizens do exist. No idea how many they are.

However I do not know about any US-citizen I met for a talk personally - not even one - who was complaining about being in trouble regarding payment of US-taxes - but true, all of them mentioned that they find the paperwork USA is demanding from them as very annoying.

How is my situation for Europe if we compare EU with USA? - I go every year one time to the Japanese tax office and receive a simple form which confirms the Japanese Revenue Office takes care about me. I send this form by registered letter to my retirement agency in Europe - and that's it. Really very easy. I don't know why USA is so complicated, but I am not from USA....
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Yohan wrote:
May 16th, 2019, 10:57 pm
Contrarian Expatriate wrote:
May 16th, 2019, 10:10 pm
.....I have both worked to locate American tax cheats in the countries where I worked. Most of these Americans were poor, but were charged with tax evasion along with laundry lists of other charges. In fact, I only worked on one case with a wealthy individual.
Can you explain this a little bit...
The vast majority of these people already had arrest warrants United States and were hiding out in foreign countries. A few were pediphiles and some were affiliated with terrorists.

In each case their banks turned turned over their information to the US government because of FATCA when that was never a risk. So the laundry list of charges were things like flight to avoid prosecution, failure to file tax returns, willful non-payment of child support, identity theft, and sometimes others.

But the law most relevant to the discussion here is: 26 U.S. Code § 7203 - Willful failure to file return, supply information, or pay tax.
MarcosZeitola
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MarcosZeitola »

Winston wrote:
May 16th, 2019, 7:19 pm
The only chance is to work abroad, especially if you are a male. Females can find foreign sugar daddies of course.
Very degrading and not much of a living if you see the sort of trashy, low class men they're usually with, lol.
Winston wrote:
Angelo told me he is not interested in girls now. And he thinks he wants to be a doctor. But thankfully he's not gay. lol
I don't think a man like you is capable of producing a gay son. It simply isn't written in your DNA. As for the girls, I am assuming he speaks fluent Tagalog and possible knows one or more local dialects as well, so he will probably be much more successful in picking up young and pretty girls in the Philippines compared to his old man. He'll be a slayer in no time if you keep him fit, well-fed and ensure masculine values in him that would set him apart from other local boys, well aside from his status as 'Chinito/mestizo' and his interesting last name of Wu, which will do him a lot of favors with girls as well. At least from a romantic perspective, the Philippines would be a very happy place for your son as opposed to America where he will be just another short Asian immigrant easily lost in the crowd.
Winston wrote:
He is 11 now. Yeah time flies. Soon he will be able to stay home alone so Dianne and I can travel more. I'm not sure what the legal age that a child can stay home alone is. In the US it might be 12 or 13.
You and Dianne are still in some sort of open relationship or something? Odd.
On "Faux-Tradionalists" and why they're heading nowhere: viewtopic.php?style=1&f=37&t=29144
HouseMD
Veteran Poster

Post by HouseMD »

MarcosZeitola wrote:
May 18th, 2019, 3:00 pm
Winston wrote:
The only chance is to work abroad, especially if you are a male. Females can find foreign sugar daddies of course.
Very degrading and not much of a living if you see the sort of trashy, low class men they're usually with, lol.
Winston wrote:
Angelo told me he is not interested in girls now. And he thinks he wants to be a doctor. But thankfully he's not gay. lol
I don't think a man like you is capable of producing a gay son. It simply isn't written in your DNA. As for the girls, I am assuming he speaks fluent Tagalog and possible knows one or more local dialects as well, so he will probably be much more successful in picking up young and pretty girls in the Philippines compared to his old man. He'll be a slayer in no time if you keep him fit, well-fed and ensure masculine values in him that would set him apart from other local boys, well aside from his status as 'Chinito/mestizo' and his interesting last name of Wu, which will do him a lot of favors with girls as well. At least from a romantic perspective, the Philippines would be a very happy place for your son as opposed to America where he will be just another short Asian immigrant easily lost in the crowd.
Winston wrote:
He is 11 now. Yeah time flies. Soon he will be able to stay home alone so Dianne and I can travel more. I'm not sure what the legal age that a child can stay home alone is. In the US it might be 12 or 13.
You and Dianne are still in some sort of open relationship or something? Odd.
The big risk his son has for being gay from a developmental perspective is his father being largely absent in his life. Daddy issues crop up a lot in those situations, and it's how you end up with so many guys who are gay but closet cases in the black community in the states
Neo
Junior Poster

Post by Neo »

If I had a son abroad and another first world citizenship, the answer would be no. Only because, the US government is completely in even the personal lives of those who reside abroad.
Prudence is the knowledge of things to be sought, and those to be shunned.
Shemp
Experienced Poster

Post by Shemp »

From son's point of view, US citizenship very valuable as an option. No problems with taxes or bank accounts for now, and he can always renounce US citizenship later. No issue with back taxes unless he's rich, as in very rich, when he renounces. Possibility of Winston dying accidentally (plane crash, etc) at any point, so best for son to get citizenship ASAP, since much easier while father alive.

From Winston's point of view, risk of Dianne moving to USA and filing for child support in whichever state is most generous.

@HouseMD: IMO, homosexuality is result of young boy believing that he will never be capable of competing with other men in the competition for women, and so instead he decides to compete with women in the competition for men. Absence of father might contribute to this belief in the young boy, but so could father who was excessively present and made it clear he was and always would be superior to boy. Maybe other situations. It's clearly a developmental issue, not genetic. Boys who are genetically frail (small, thin bones like a girl, pretty face) might have good reason to believe they can't compete with other men for women, but presumably such genetic frailty would be strongly selected against and disappear from the gene pool in a few generations. Curious that lady boys are so common in Thailand and Philippines. Any thoughts on this?
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Shemp wrote:
May 20th, 2019, 4:44 am
@HouseMD: IMO, homosexuality is result of young boy believing that he will never be capable of competing with other men in the competition for women, and so instead he decides to compete with women in the competition for men. Absence of father might contribute to this belief in the young boy, but so could father who was excessively present and made it clear he was and always would be superior to boy. Maybe other situations. It's clearly a developmental issue, not genetic. Boys who are genetically frail (small, thin bones like a girl, pretty face) might have good reason to believe they can't compete with other men for women, but presumably such genetic frailty would be strongly selected against and disappear from the gene pool in a few generations. Curious that lady boys are so common in Thailand and Philippines. Any thoughts on this?
I'm not so sure. I tend to see homosexuality exploding in populations where the local women are so off putting, that they simply are no longer sexually desirable to the men. For example:

Puerto Rico seemed to have a HUGE rate of gay men. But when I viewed the local women who were combative, obese, and radically feminist, it all became clear. The same can be said of African Americans and some other Latino groups with their increasing incidence of gay men.

I personally see gay males as partially the result of if you can't beat 'em, join 'em. They become honorary females in the society and therefore have instant kinship with actual females and they enjoy the social "kid gloves" that go along with being female.

This is not to preclude other causes of homosexuality. Broken homes, blurred gender roles, society's lack of respect for masculinity, and the celebration of LGBTQ are other contributing factors, but the Horrible Women Theory is foremost in my mind.
Shemp
Experienced Poster

Post by Shemp »

Cornfed wrote:
May 20th, 2019, 12:24 pm
There are several explanations you could posit for homosexuality.
Thanks for the link but my time is valuable and my patience for listening to nasal voiced twits is severely limited. Please summarize in written form what the twit droned on about.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

Shemp wrote:
May 20th, 2019, 8:27 pm
Cornfed wrote:
May 20th, 2019, 12:24 pm
There are several explanations you could posit for homosexuality.
Thanks for the link but my time is valuable and my patience for listening to nasal voiced twits is severely limited. Please summarize in written form what the twit droned on about.
1. If a female is pregnant with a male baby her body will produce an excess of female hormones to neutralise the male hormones the baby is putting out. After a bunch of pregnancies with male babies her body may get very efficient at this, thus turning the male baby into essentially a female.

2. Although females like men to be manly it is desirable that men be not completely manly. Super macho men tend to be arrogant, violent, promiscuous, not like being around children and treat children like shit etc. Not someone you’d want to start a family with. Therefore it is desirable that some feminising genes be kicking around in the male gene pool. By random chance some males will get lots of these genes and therefore essentially see the world as females.

3. It is desirable to have some very manly men to teach boys to be men - warriors, athletes etc. - but generally manly men hate children. To sweeten the pill of being around them it would be desirable that they found them sexually attractive, which would make them more pleasantly disposed towards them. Generally they wouldn’t act on this attraction (although sometimes they would of course).

4. There is the more familiar “Gay uncle theory”. This is where by being gay the man is not having children of his own so his resources are freed up to help his close relatives raise their children.

Apparently there is some evidence to support all these theories.
Shemp
Experienced Poster

Post by Shemp »

I see. Everything genetic. I have the opposite view that that sexually is mostly learned in very early childhood, with plenty of ways to learn "wrongly". That is, neural network is blank slate that learns incredibly fast initially. Even breathing has to be learned, though that takes just a few seconds. Walking takes years to learn with humans, a few weeks with cats and dogs, a few hours with animals with reduced range of motion in the legs like horses, cows, deer.

Once something like sexuality learned / mislearned in early childhood, it can't be relearned, so effectively indistinguishable from characteristics obviously based strictly on genetics, such as hair color, facial shape, etc. Same as how we can never speak a language like a native if not exposed to sounds of that language in first 6 months of life.
Shemp
Experienced Poster

Post by Shemp »

Sexuality sexuality, that's what kind of sexuality. Boys learn to be attracted to women, mainly because they can see men attracted to their mother and notice their mother's love is slightly different, meaning more sexual, from father's love. Opposite situation for girls. More learning from other adults. Adults normally treat little boys and little girls differently, that just how it is, or how it used to be. God knows what's going to happen with future generations now that single mothers are encouraging their sons to wear dresses. Probably lots more ladyboys like in Thailand.

Speaking of which, no one addressed my question as to why ladyboys are so common in a country (Thailand) known for macho Muay Thai fighting and lack of feminism.

Did you know that even cows have to learn sexuality? The humping reflex is largely genetic, like the knee jerk reflex in humans, but if you watch cows, you'll notice young bulls mounting other young bulls, young cows mounting other young cows or bulls, even adult cows sometimes mount other cows and bulls. Only trial and error teaches that bull mounting cow is correct way to eliminate pain of unrelieved sexual tension. There's also a smell factor, in that bulls put their nose next to each cow's vagina. If cow in heat, that causes sexual tension in bull, which he learns to relieve by mounting. Smell factor also in humans, but to much lower degree than other animals.

Note that male dogs, a much smarter animal, also incorrectly try mounting the legs of humans occasionally.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

Shemp wrote:
May 20th, 2019, 11:50 pm
Sexuality sexuality, that's what kind of sexuality. Boys learn to be attracted to women, mainly because they can see men attracted to their mother and notice their mother's love is slightly different, meaning more sexual, from father's love. Opposite situation for girls. More learning from other adults. Adults normally treat little boys and little girls differently, that just how it is, or how it used to be.
That is completely counterintuitive to me and I would guess most people. Seeing what others do doesn't make my dick hard. But perhaps because you are retired you would have the time to research the subject and submit a paper to the appropriate journal.
Did you know that even cows have to learn sexuality? The humping reflex is largely genetic, like the knee jerk reflex in humans, but if you watch cows, you'll notice young bulls mounting other young bulls, young cows mounting other young cows or bulls, even adult cows sometimes mount other cows and bulls. Only trial and error teaches that bull mounting cow is correct way to eliminate pain of unrelieved sexual tension.
Yeah I grew up on a farm so I know this. The thing is that these animals are in captivity and selectively bred, so it is a bit like judging the sexual behavior of humans by going to a maximum security prison.
Shemp
Experienced Poster

Post by Shemp »

Cornfed wrote:
May 22nd, 2019, 2:31 am
... Seeing what others do doesn't ... [shape my own behavior]. But perhaps because you are retired you would have the time to research the subject and submit a paper to the appropriate journal.
Plenty such papers already published by child development psychologists. But feel free to ignore real experts and get your information instead from cranks on YouTube.
MatureDJ
Junior Poster

Post by MatureDJ »

Winston, you were the unmarried US citizen father of Angelo. Therefore, to sponsor him for sui generis citizenship - which you must so before he turns 18 - is to prove that you had lived as a US citizen in the USA for 5 years, 3 years after age 14 (which I presume you could easily do), and then submit documentation of biological paternity (i.e., DNA test), and then sign an affidavit saying that you agree to support him financially until he is an adult.

So with his passport in hand, he would need to first be 18, then spend the same number of 5 years living in the USA, and then he would need to sponsor his mother, meaning he would need to show a steady income, or enough assets, and then she gets in line with everyone else doing this. And this presumes that the political situation will not have changed - with that change obviously being something that Trump represents, and even will become popular with the Democrats once Andrew Yang's idea of Guaranteed Income becomes a reality.

But of course, Angelo carries the same Y chromosome as you, and so he will not want to live in the USA either, but rather chase bar-girls like dear old dad.