A problem with my Filipina....

Ask questions and get advice. Disclaimer: Any advice you take here is at your own risk. We are not liable for any consequences you might incur from following advice here. Note: Before posting your question, do a search for it in the Google Search box at the top to see if it's been addressed.
NorthAmericanguy
Veteran Poster

Post by NorthAmericanguy »

ladislav wrote:Women are emotional creatures; Filipinas are even more so. Using logic is generally futile.
Quoted for truth.
NorthAmericanguy
Veteran Poster

Post by NorthAmericanguy »

Winston wrote: Now, her family works and have their own jobs and lives.

Remember, the bottom line is that you don't owe them anything. Don't let them use you like shameless leeches. They survived before they met you, and will survive again. There are billions of people who are poor and starving, but you can't do anything about it. You gotta take care of yourself and your real family, or else those lower than you will bring you down.

If you start making money soon, you gotta save it so you can live overseas and become an expat with means. You can't let leeches ruin all that.

Why are people so dumb as to give away all their money like that? It's far more logical and efficient to save your money in the bank, not waste it. Why are so many foreigners so stupid? When foreigners splurge and show that they love to waste money, it gives them expectations and makes Filipinos think that all of us are like that. Think. Use your head.
Good advice.

Also, I will submit that it's not that foreigners are so stupid, but a combination of the desperation that some foreigners have to find a woman, and the fact that in certain places the US dollar can convert into a lot more purchasing power which creates a synergistic effect to spend a lot more money then they normally would.
DaRick
Freshman Poster

Post by DaRick »

pete98146 wrote:
DaRick wrote:
I am glad that things are over between us, but am I at fault here? Or is she?
Why ask why Rick? Seems like it's water under the bridge by now. I'll apologize in advance for the repeated lectures on dating educated filipinas but usually the gap in maturity between your nice uneducated filipina sweety vs. the polished filipina with the 4 year degree is the size of the Grand Canyon. These differences are even more pronounced over in Philippines.

So what is next for you Rick?
Um...this girl DOES have a degree - in IT from the University of the Philippines. She also speaks three languages.

However, she had obvious abandonment issues, because her father abandoned her when she was very young. So she kept apologising over everything and obsessing over 'losing me'.

As for me, I'm currently talking to a number of Latin American girls.

There are other conceivable places where I could pick up a wife: Latin America and the Arab/Persian/Indonesian Muslim world (amazingly enough), though I'd rather not head for the latter unless I have no choice. How well I do is inverse to the level of secularism in a given place.
Zambales
Experienced Poster

Re: A problem with my Filipina....

Post by Zambales »

DaRick wrote:
May 16th, 2011, 7:03 am
She is in serious financial trouble
It doesn't matter whether it's true or she's just spinning you a sob story, you were 100% correct to finish with her and you shouldn't feel guilty because of it.
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

Zambales wrote:
December 7th, 2017, 5:41 am
DaRick wrote:
It doesn't matter whether it's true or she's just spinning you a sob story, you were 100% correct to finish with her and you shouldn't feel guilty because of it.
LOL seriously, a 6.5-year bounce?! :D
Zambales
Experienced Poster

Post by Zambales »

publicduende wrote:
December 7th, 2017, 6:08 am
Zambales wrote:
December 7th, 2017, 5:41 am
DaRick wrote:
LOL seriously, a 6.5-year bounce?! :D
Yeah, I know. I was reading the "similar topics" that appear below with the new format, and felt the need to reply. It's advice that may help others. 8)