How Territorial Are Other Cultures?

Ask questions and get advice. Disclaimer: Any advice you take here is at your own risk. We are not liable for any consequences you might incur from following advice here. Note: Before posting your question, do a search for it in the Google Search box at the top to see if it's been addressed.
NorthAmericanguy
Veteran Poster

How Territorial Are Other Cultures?

Post by NorthAmericanguy »

Here in America I'm just amazed at how much property is private, and how territorial people are with their land (much of which is STOLEN from Native Americans). Especially here in the suburbs where I live, they build no sidewalks in some areas but then have many signs all over their land indicating that it's private property and you can't trespass.

This is just another reason why I want out of America, too many areas are private, or you have to pay people to have use of something that should be open for free use to everyone.

So my question is, for you guys that have traveled is it like this overseas? Do you have free use of open land? Can you exercise on a university track and not get kicked off for not being a student there? Can you walk across a field without worry of somebody calling the cops on you?

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

The_Adventurer
Experienced Poster

Post by The_Adventurer »

One thing I like about many Asian countries is, without need of permits or licenses, you can roll your trolly up to any street corner,set up shop and start cooking up fried rice for anyone who passes by.
“Booty is so strong that there are dudes willing to blow themselves up for the highly unlikely possibility of booty in another dimension." -- Joe Rogan
NorthAmericanguy
Veteran Poster

Post by NorthAmericanguy »

^^ That sounds awesome.
E_Irizarry
Veteran Poster

Post by E_Irizarry »

That sounds like the hood but Chinese Shaolin style hustle! lol!
"I appreciate the opportunities I have in America. Opportunities that allow me to live abroad." **Smiles** - Have2Fly@H.A. (2013)

"The only way to overcome that is to go abroad to get a broad."
- E. Irizarry (2009)

"MGTOW resilience is the key to foreign residence. You better muthafuckin' ask somebody!!"
- E. Irizarry (2012)

"I rather be ostracized by 157.0 million (27.3% of the US of Gay pop), then to appease 1 feminist." - E. Irizarry (2013)

TanBoy by DNA | Despedido, Hugo Chavez...Descansa en paz!
have2fly
Junior Poster

Post by have2fly »

YES!!! Here we go again, another wonderful observance!

When I lived in Ukraine there was almost "no" private property because during USSR everything was "state owned", so people had access to everything. I could walk to any place in the country or take a bus/train to any part of the country, no need for a car at all. You can actually walk through any city by yourself, it may take you a whole day, but you will be able to walk - there will be sidewalks and no one driving by will think you are crazy because you are not jogging, but "walking". In the U.S. drivers honk at you and think you are a weirdo or some broke-ass drug-addict who sold his car to get crack, people are not even used to seeing people on the streets, it is nutz! It was also very depressing when I moved to the U.S. originally to see empty streets without people. It is like living in the empty world - all you see is cars and lawns, but nobody around. Also people like to be around people in Europe, it is considered a part of your life, no one in Ukraine ever told me that they dream to buy a few square miles of land, build a house and live in the middle of the country far away from all people possible. Wow, to me it is a suicide - how depressing can it be living all alone? People don't like people in the U.S., with all that disconnection, very small communication and nuclear families - people want even more loneliness. It is crazy if you ask me.
E_Irizarry
Veteran Poster

Post by E_Irizarry »

have2fly wrote:YES!!! Here we go again, another wonderful observance!

When I lived in Ukraine there was almost "no" private property because during USSR everything was "state owned", so people had access to everything. I could walk to any place in the country or take a bus/train to any part of the country, no need for a car at all. You can actually walk through any city by yourself, it may take you a whole day, but you will be able to walk - there will be sidewalks and no one driving by will think you are crazy because you are not jogging, but "walking". In the U.S. drivers honk at you and think you are a weirdo or some broke-ass drug-addict who sold his car to get crack, people are not even used to seeing people on the streets, it is nutz! It was also very depressing when I moved to the U.S. originally to see empty streets without people. It is like living in the empty world - all you see is cars and lawns, but nobody around. Also people like to be around people in Europe, it is considered a part of your life, no one in Ukraine ever told me that they dream to buy a few square miles of land, build a house and live in the middle of the country far away from all people possible. Wow, to me it is a suicide - how depressing can it be living all alone? People don't like people in the U.S., with all that disconnection, very small communication and nuclear families - people want even more loneliness. It is crazy if you ask me.
It is...it really is.
"I appreciate the opportunities I have in America. Opportunities that allow me to live abroad." **Smiles** - Have2Fly@H.A. (2013)

"The only way to overcome that is to go abroad to get a broad."
- E. Irizarry (2009)

"MGTOW resilience is the key to foreign residence. You better muthafuckin' ask somebody!!"
- E. Irizarry (2012)

"I rather be ostracized by 157.0 million (27.3% of the US of Gay pop), then to appease 1 feminist." - E. Irizarry (2013)

TanBoy by DNA | Despedido, Hugo Chavez...Descansa en paz!