Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.

Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife

View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

What about Brunei?

Ask questions and get advice, or share advice. Disclaimer: Any advice you take here is at your own risk. We are not liable for any consequences you might incur from following someone's advice here.
Note: Before posting your question, do a search for it in the Google Search box at the top to see if it's already been addressed.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

What about Brunei?

Postby Will N. Dowd » Mon Jul 04, 2011 5:55 pm

Has anyone here lived, worked or been to Brunei? On paper it seems like one of the best places to live. It has no income tax, no sales tax, and English is widely used. It is warm year round, gets lots of sun, has a very strong economy, has 0 debt, and a high standard of living. It is extremely wealthy country due to huge gas reserves. The king is one of the richest people on Earth. Even the health care is free for residents, not sure about expats though. It has great shopping and beaches, and cost of living is reasonable. Real estate is remarkably cheap. Their are many expats there, as well as many workers from the Philippines. It seems like a secret paradise very few people know about or have even heard of.

For me it looks perfect, because I love Asian girls, don't like paying tax (Who does?) and don't like being cold. Alcohol is illegal there, which is perfect for me, since I don't drink and think alcohol is one of the biggest evils in the world. I think it would be ideal to work there for 10 years and then retire to Philippines.

The downside is it is very small, and is muslim, and I am atheist. That being said, sex before marriage is legal, and the countries prince is a sex addict and pays girls $20,000 for two weeks to hang out in one of his harems.

Anyone have any thoughts or experiences on it?
Will N. Dowd
Freshman Poster

Postby Think Different » Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:37 pm

Think Different
Junior Poster

Postby ladislav » Wed Jul 06, 2011 2:42 am

There are not that many jobs for Americans there. It is not like Saudi, you know.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Return to Questions and Advice