Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Monday nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE AFA Seminar! See locations and dates here.

View Active Topics       View Your Posts       Latest 100 Topics       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

Poll: Philippines or Ukraine?

Ask questions and get advice. Disclaimer: Any advice you take here is at your own risk. We are not liable for any consequences you might incur from following advice here. Note: Before posting your question, do a search for it in the Google Search box at the top to see if it's been addressed.

Moderators: fschmidt, jamesbond

Philippines
39%
Ukraine
61%

Total votes : 31

Postby Free » August 1st, 2011, 1:41 am

Assuming as a base theme, ease of women meeting, types of women, but also, considering other aspects such as quality of life, care-free nature of a place, resources, costs of living, etc., as these are certainly important factors (life isn't ONLY about meeting women), offered is this poll.

What would be the best, having a person, or people contribute who have lived in both places.
Although, even still, even people who have never been to neither, only heard reports, their input is valued as well.

This thread could end up expanding to something quite useful as these 2 locations are mentioned quite a bit, in general, and on this forum.
It's up to you guys. If you contribute or not.

A sort of pros/cons of each places would serve as a nice foundation.

For example:
- If you are shaped primarily by finances, maybe the Philippines would be the better choice.
- If you can't stand "3rd world" living, however you may interpret that, well, then probably Ukraine over the Philippines.
- If you absolutely can not stand judgemental people, maybe again, the Philippines would be better, even though, in Ukraine judgement of others exists less than at least in Western lands.
- If you want the most easiest way to meet women: the Philippines. Not to say Ukraine is difficult, but certainly Philippines would be easier.
- If you prefer the more Euro-type look and way of the females, then obviously, Ukraine.
- If you can not speak a lick of Ukranian and think this could be a grand hinderance, then, the Philippines, as they speak English there.
- If you prefer more sport activites, probably the Philippines.
- If you do not want to be TOO far from the Western world (be it to visit family, or just to feel that security that you may feel in Western places), then Ukraine.
- Expanding on the above, if you prefer to be around the many positive sides of other Western places (i.e. the treats of Paris, Germany, etc.), then Ukraine.
- If you worry about natural disasters, such as tsunamis, flooding, hurricanes?, etc., then Ukraine.
....let's see, what else?...
- If you just want to live a super care-free life, wear what you want, not be in a field of tense high energy, judgemental thinking of others, free flow in relationships, break down the barriers, just be... then the Philippines.
- If you want women that are just much more flexible and easy going and not putting up walls, then, the Philippines.
- But, if you want deeper women, then, Ukraine.
- If you want great weather, the Philippines.
...anything else?

It's all individual. Depends on what the person values highest. At this point in my life, getting more and more fed up with the high judgement and this high heavy tense energy of just simple thinking and judging in the West, and wanting to just go out and simply be, these are elements I'm leaning towards valuing high.
To expand on that high heavy tense energy/thinking aspect usually thrown in with judgement, this is near impossibly to explain in words. All I can say, in "3rd world" countries, obviously they think, but there is this sort of less analytical, less deep, less heavy, less smothering aspect of the thinking, and certainly less judgement. In the West, it's like everyone is deeply analyzing everyone else - in general.
Therefore, "in the air" it makes for such a heavy, tense, smothering energy. AND, for people like us here on this forum, who seem more awake, more aware of surroundings, I think it just gets to us more.
I miss the days of being in "3rd world" countries where the "air" is lighter. You can just be, you can just free flow.

About judgement, it basically exists worldwide, in human nature, but the point is, when the people judge over petty things, do they then outcast you and not want to engage with you, as is prevelant in the Western lands, or do the people simply observe the bright polk-a-dot shirt you have on, think it odd, laugh maybe, but then STILL be ok with getting to know you as is more common in the "3rd world" lands.
THIS is the point, the distinction.

Sorry for digressing, but it's important to paint a clearer picture.

So, whatd'ya say? -

For ones still looking for a place to go to, or ones who have been to either or both, or just the ones in general that have something to add, what place would you lean towards and why?

I think this poll, answers in this thread, if built properly, could help several others.

My choice? Hard to say. I value several items on the list above and some are more prevelant in one spot, while the others are more so in the other location.
Again, it depends I guess on what ends up winning out as being the top of your list for what you value most.

Certainly it would be great to have all of your desires met in just one location, but as others have said, usually you have to have multiple flags, or if you are part of the masses, then this is a different thing - most of them seem to be carrying on fine in their locations.

Thanks for whoever contributes beneficial elements.
"Give me liberty or give me death" - Patrick Henry
(Free)
Free
Freshman Poster

Check out our Dating Sites and HA International Romance Tours!

Postby tradcom » August 1st, 2011, 2:14 am

Personally, I'm only really attracted to white women, so it's a no-brainer for that reason alone already.
tradcom
Freshman Poster

Postby zboy1 » August 1st, 2011, 3:38 am

Philippine women seem to be overrated in my opinion. I heard Ukrainian women are great though.
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby MrPeabody » August 1st, 2011, 3:39 am

I would give Philippines the edge, although I am not too interested in either choice, and still prefer Latin America. My criteria would be something you didn’t mention - the ability of a woman to love and care for someone. I remember once meeting a man who was in the hospital about to have a heart operation, and the day before surgery his American girlfriend said she was breaking up. He said the agony of being in that situation was indescribable. So, what is the capacity of a woman to actually love a man? When you are sick will she come to visit? Can you trust her with your finances? Will she stick by you or use your sickness to take advantage. We all are going to get sick. But boys always seem to think of only tits and asses. When I talked to the ladies in the Ukraine, they were highly educated and when asked about their goals had great things planned but never talked about love, family, or caring for a husband. From what I have heard about the Philippines (never been there) it seems possible to meet a loving woman. Although, it sounds like if you aren’t generous you may be judged as a cheap Charlie.
MrPeabody
Experienced Poster

Postby Taco » August 1st, 2011, 4:04 am

MrPeabody wrote:I would give Philippines the edge, although I am not too interested in either choice, and still prefer Latin America. My criteria would be something you didn’t mention - the ability of a woman to love and care for someone. I remember once meeting a man who was in the hospital about to have a heart operation, and the day before surgery his American girlfriend said she was breaking up. He said the agony of being in that situation was indescribable. So, what is the capacity of a woman to actually love a man? When you are sick will she come to visit? Can you trust her with your finances? Will she stick by you or use your sickness to take advantage. We all are going to get sick. But boys always seem to think of only tits and asses. When I talked to the ladies in the Ukraine, they were highly educated and when asked about their goals had great things planned but never talked about love, family, or caring for a husband. From what I have heard about the Philippines (never been there) it seems possible to meet a loving woman. Although, it sounds like if you aren’t generous you may be judged as a cheap Charlie.

I totally agree with this.

If your looking for a relationship you need someone you can trust and quite frankly women from any european country won't make the cut, except for maybe italian women(they have a low divorce rate). When your a young guy all you want is a woman with blonde hair and giant tits. However, as you get older your criteria for the perfect mate expands considerably, you'll realize one day that domestic skills, common interests and friendship are just as important as physical attraction to a stable relationship.

Guys from western countries drink more than any men in the world its because most of them don't have a loving, trustworthy filipina taking care of them.
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby tradcom » August 1st, 2011, 4:26 am

Taco wrote:When your a young guy all you want is a woman with blonde hair and giant tits.

I beg to differ, lol.

However, as you get older your criteria for the perfect mate expands considerably, you'll realize one day that domestic skills, common interests and friendship are just as important as physical attraction to a stable relationship.

Which is why one should go to smaller cities, towns, and even villages in Ukraine as opposed to the big cities (although even the capital's women are leagues away from women in the femisphere - positively, of course).
tradcom
Freshman Poster

Postby Taco » August 1st, 2011, 5:17 am

theyoungagegroup wrote:
Taco wrote:When your a young guy all you want is a woman with blonde hair and giant tits.

I beg to differ, lol.

However, as you get older your criteria for the perfect mate expands considerably, you'll realize one day that domestic skills, common interests and friendship are just as important as physical attraction to a stable relationship.

Which is why one should go to smaller cities, towns, and even villages in Ukraine as opposed to the big cities (although even the capital's women are leagues away from women in the femisphere - positively, of course).

I went to a Ukrainian Village(population 100 people) about 8 years to meet a meet woman and she turned out to be a slut. We wrote letters for a long time before I went there and I'm still pissed off about it. In addition, I know Ukrainian guys that prefer asian woman. As one Ukrainian guy confided in me, "If your going to date Ukrainian women you need to have money". Theres no such thing as a traditional(virgin) Ukrainian woman any more.
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby Rock » August 1st, 2011, 7:30 am

MrPeabody wrote:I would give Philippines the edge, although I am not too interested in either choice, and still prefer Latin America. My criteria would be something you didn’t mention - the ability of a woman to love and care for someone. I remember once meeting a man who was in the hospital about to have a heart operation, and the day before surgery his American girlfriend said she was breaking up. He said the agony of being in that situation was indescribable. So, what is the capacity of a woman to actually love a man? When you are sick will she come to visit? Can you trust her with your finances? Will she stick by you or use your sickness to take advantage. We all are going to get sick. But boys always seem to think of only tits and asses. When I talked to the ladies in the Ukraine, they were highly educated and when asked about their goals had great things planned but never talked about love, family, or caring for a husband. From what I have heard about the Philippines (never been there) it seems possible to meet a loving woman. Although, it sounds like if you aren’t generous you may be judged as a cheap Charlie.

Why do people always default to PI when discussing where to find the most loving and loyal women. And the assumption always seems to that they are the easiest girls to attract and win-over. PI seems to continually get over-rated here. People assume that girls there fall into your lap (and they don't in my experience so far). The whole place is a minefield - continuous monetary expectations from extended family, dirty environment, cultural desert, girls who are intellectually incompatible with educated westerners, bad food, terrible air, and high crime rates.

On the other hand, NE Asia usually gets by-passed as a point of consideration even though women there tend to be much hotter (by most standards) AND many of them still have modest expectations despite what media and even local men claim. If a Taiwanese woman loves you (and its pretty easy to tell), she will be there for you, always. Your health will be her obsession. Even nitpicking and nagging mainland Chinese women tend to stick by their men once the love connection has been established.

We need to find more original types of destinations to discuss on this forum. Some of CIS/western Asia countries with significant Asian populations should be researched, visited, and talked about more because they tend to have a lot of attractive women (Asian and western). Perhaps some of them are hidden gems. And they may be very cheap too. Also, certain parts of LatAm should be considered such as smaller cities in Peru (though girls are less attractive there) or perhaps even rural Argentina. And there's a big hole on this forum regarding China. Perhaps 2nd to 4th tier cities still have a lot of potential for some of the guys here.

Yes, Ukraine vs. PI is an interesting contrast to start with. But its also very limiting if we don't expand it to other destinations. PI has been highly over-rated. Most of the negatives which have been brought up are accurate. But the girls are not nearly as easy or gaga over westerners as many posts seem to suggest, IMO. And I'm sure for many, dating a virgin who intends to stay that way until after marriage would be very frustrating. I mean, isn't sexual compatibility an important aspect which informs your decision on whether or not to propose?
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby ladislav » August 1st, 2011, 2:29 pm

It is interesting to read how different people have different expectations/reactions from different places. It depends on a lot of factors. Filipinas seem to like me, always have and always will. So, I prefer this place. I had a French friend, though, who had a factory in Cebu and he hated it there- he could not find even one date. The place did not agree with him.

North East Asian women, for example, do not appreciate me and react coldly to me when I try and form any kind of relationship with them. I guess these Asian "Nordics", if they like white people at all, prefer white Nordics/ Celts/ Anglos/Germanics, not a Mediterranean looking guy like me.

So some people click with some places and not with others and there is nothing you can do except see for yourself. We all have a certain place that fits us. And what is good for one is not good for another. It is as simple as that.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby Winston » August 1st, 2011, 7:00 pm

Excellent points Rock.

However, like everything, there are degrees of truth on different sides.

For instance, you have to take into account that Ladislav has gotten tons of dates with girls from malls, and elsewhere in the PI. He has dated hundreds of them. So girls have fallen in his lap.

And even with me, I've met enthusiastic girls in malls that have given me their number. They turned out to be sweet and enthusiastic.

But when you were in the PI, you hardly approached anyone right? So how would you know? That Spanish looking girl I approached and introduced you to in Ermita, who met up with us the next day, turned out to be very nice and took a liking to you, remember? She was a nice easy to get along with tall girl. You could never find a tall girl that friendly and easygoing in the US. So you see, you met some new girls on your last trip too. And they were friendly right?

That was not a fluke though. If you go out everyday in Manila, you can get acquainted with many girls. You've seen me approach. It didn't look hard at all right?

But you are right though, that with a hundred negatives in the PI, it's not worth it to stay just for girls or cheap sex. The scales are obviously unbalanced with a hundred negative qualities and only one benefit. lol But then again, some guys are insane. lol

However, there are many stories of guys who have found a loving wonderful Filipina wife. You gotta take that into account. See examples below.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnXFYwzFGnA[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ySL1QFO0_w[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hgneI4AA6k[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAtmYAUV36Y[/youtube]
Last edited by Winston on August 1st, 2011, 7:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Check out the latest posts in our blog The Happier Abroaders.

Don't forget my HA Grand Ebook and Dating Sites!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
Winston
Site Admin

Postby Taco » August 1st, 2011, 7:01 pm

ladislav wrote:I had a French friend, though, who had a factory in Cebu and he hated it there- he could not find even one date. The place did not agree with him.

I noticed filipinas do not like loud, arrogant men generally speaking. They seem much more attracted to clean cut, down to earth "nice guys" that go to church on sunday. In comparison, western women will not like you unless your asshole IQ is above 160 (genious level). They just want a guy they can relate to.
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby Winston » August 1st, 2011, 7:13 pm

Taco wrote:
ladislav wrote:I had a French friend, though, who had a factory in Cebu and he hated it there- he could not find even one date. The place did not agree with him.

I noticed filipinas do not like loud, arrogant men generally speaking. They seem much more attracted to clean cut, down to earth "nice guys" that go to church on sunday. In comparison, western women will not like you unless your asshole IQ is above 160 (genious level). They just want a guy they can relate to.

I've noticed that too. If you're sincere, kind and decent, it creates a liking/attraction in them. They are drawn to that for some reason. It's totally different than in America.
Check out the latest posts in our blog The Happier Abroaders.

Don't forget my HA Grand Ebook and Dating Sites!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
Winston
Site Admin

Postby NorthAmericanguy » August 1st, 2011, 9:20 pm

+1
NorthAmericanguy
Veteran Poster

Postby NorthAmericanguy » August 1st, 2011, 9:27 pm

Rock wrote:
Why do people always default to PI when discussing where to find the most loving and loyal women. And the assumption always seems to that they are the easiest girls to attract and win-over. PI seems to continually get over-rated here. People assume that girls there fall into your lap (and they don't in my experience so far). The whole place is a minefield - continuous monetary expectations from extended family, dirty environment, cultural desert, girls who are intellectually incompatible with educated westerners, bad food, terrible air, and high crime rates.

This is all true.
Last edited by NorthAmericanguy on August 2nd, 2011, 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NorthAmericanguy
Veteran Poster

Postby well-informed » August 1st, 2011, 9:58 pm

That's the beautiful thing of filipinas, goodness in a man is reciprocated
well-informed
Freshman Poster

Next

Return to Questions and Advice