Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.


Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife



View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile


Where to go???

Ask questions and get advice, or share advice. Disclaimer: Any advice you take here is at your own risk. We are not liable for any consequences you might incur from following someone's advice here.
Note: Before posting your question, do a search for it in the Google Search box at the top to see if it's already been addressed.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Where to go???

Postby CheezeRaider » Sat Aug 06, 2011 5:16 am

$3000 disposable income per month. More or less retired. age 40

Have duel citizenship with 2 1st world country. (2 passport)

I am far east Asian decent (I bundle all the far east chicks in to 1. They are all the same IMO). Bilingual, but absolutely not interest in either.

I want nothing to do with tier 1 cities. I am allergic to tier 1 bimbos. Fucky fucky and sucky sucky gets old from airheads. And there are smarts ones to, but I've find them to be to narcissistic for me. Just like the USofA, good ones are taken already. And looking for the few gems that are left is waste of energy and time. Westernization has done its job well. It's all about the money!!!

Even though I respect Filipino's, my only dealing are with US Filipino's. Have done some readings. I'm finding that Philippines will not do for me as I need intellectual stimulation from any relationship. So that is not in the calculations.

So far I've generalized to Russia and Ukraine. I like the fact that they still have decent university programs for physics and I'm interested in the subject. Also, their tuition and books are right around 3k per annual. Which is be peanut in cost.

I'm not really interested in any of the other Americas, beside Argentina(mainly because I'm still researching the country).

Would really like some input from some of you well traveled and and currently living abroad forum members. I plan to fly by January, and as I try to narrow it down a bit. I find myself getting cold feet because of I realized how little I really know. Stupid thing is I'm not completely new to international life or travel (all my international times were in Asian counties). There is a difference from vacationing for few weeks and long term stay and I'm just not sure how the other non-Asian nations will receive me. I'm not worried about W Europe. Maybe I'm just getting cold feet.

Either way I'd really appreciated if veterans can give me some feed back on the possibility of other counties that might interest me and receive me. no body want to be in a place where they are not welcome.

Thanks in Advance!!!
CheezeRaider
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 92
Joined: Thu Apr 28, 2011 5:50 am







Re: Where to go???

Postby Rock » Sat Aug 06, 2011 6:42 am

CheezeRaider wrote:$3000 disposable income per month. More or less retired. age 40

Have duel citizenship with 2 1st world country. (2 passport)

I am far east Asian decent (I bundle all the far east chicks in to 1. They are all the same IMO). Bilingual, but absolutely not interest in either.

I want nothing to do with tier 1 cities. I am allergic to tier 1 bimbos. Fucky fucky and sucky sucky gets old from airheads. And there are smarts ones to, but I've find them to be to narcissistic for me. Just like the USofA, good ones are taken already. And looking for the few gems that are left is waste of energy and time. Westernization has done its job well. It's all about the money!!!

Even though I respect Filipino's, my only dealing are with US Filipino's. Have done some readings. I'm finding that Philippines will not do for me as I need intellectual stimulation from any relationship. So that is not in the calculations.

So far I've generalized to Russia and Ukraine. I like the fact that they still have decent university programs for physics and I'm interested in the subject. Also, their tuition and books are right around 3k per annual. Which is be peanut in cost.

I'm not really interested in any of the other Americas, beside Argentina(mainly because I'm still researching the country).

Would really like some input from some of you well traveled and and currently living abroad forum members. I plan to fly by January, and as I try to narrow it down a bit. I find myself getting cold feet because of I realized how little I really know. Stupid thing is I'm not completely new to international life or travel (all my international times were in Asian counties). There is a difference from vacationing for few weeks and long term stay and I'm just not sure how the other non-Asian nations will receive me. I'm not worried about W Europe. Maybe I'm just getting cold feet.

Either way I'd really appreciated if veterans can give me some feed back on the possibility of other counties that might interest me and receive me. no body want to be in a place where they are not welcome.

Thanks in Advance!!!


You sound like you are in a very good position. There's already a lot of info and debates on this forum about all the possibilities that await you. Just do some digging , its all there.

My advice to you is to make short-list of 5-10 countries/areas you are most interested in and follow-up with a survey trip for several weeks to months to discover which place would suit you best long term. Then you can make arrangements to settle there. You have sufficient funds and freedom to approach the HA lifestyle in this manner. Also, you should probably look to invest into overseas assets to mitigate some of your US$/US economy risks.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 4118
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:16 pm

Postby Winston » Sat Aug 06, 2011 8:20 am

Did you say you do like Asian women or you don't? If you are of Asian descent and want to go to Russia, it's been suggested that you try Eastern Russia or the southern FSU republics such as Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Uzbekistan, etc. Those are much more Asian friendly I heard.

If you're Asian though, then you aren't who I thought you were.
Check out the latest posts in our blog The Happier Abroaders.

Don't forget my HA Grand Ebook and Dating Sites!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
User avatar
Winston
Site Admin
 
Posts: 23594
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:16 pm

Re: Where to go???

Postby LarryLaffer » Sun Aug 07, 2011 12:05 am

CheezeRaider wrote:$3000 disposable income per month. More or less retired. age 40

Have duel citizenship with 2 1st world country. (2 passport)

I am far east Asian decent (I bundle all the far east chicks in to 1. They are all the same IMO). Bilingual, but absolutely not interest in either.

I want nothing to do with tier 1 cities. I am allergic to tier 1 bimbos. Fucky fucky and sucky sucky gets old from airheads. And there are smarts ones to, but I've find them to be to narcissistic for me. Just like the USofA, good ones are taken already. And looking for the few gems that are left is waste of energy and time. Westernization has done its job well. It's all about the money!!!

Even though I respect Filipino's, my only dealing are with US Filipino's. Have done some readings. I'm finding that Philippines will not do for me as I need intellectual stimulation from any relationship. So that is not in the calculations.

So far I've generalized to Russia and Ukraine. I like the fact that they still have decent university programs for physics and I'm interested in the subject. Also, their tuition and books are right around 3k per annual. Which is be peanut in cost.

I'm not really interested in any of the other Americas, beside Argentina(mainly because I'm still researching the country).

Would really like some input from some of you well traveled and and currently living abroad forum members. I plan to fly by January, and as I try to narrow it down a bit. I find myself getting cold feet because of I realized how little I really know. Stupid thing is I'm not completely new to international life or travel (all my international times were in Asian counties). There is a difference from vacationing for few weeks and long term stay and I'm just not sure how the other non-Asian nations will receive me. I'm not worried about W Europe. Maybe I'm just getting cold feet.

Either way I'd really appreciated if veterans can give me some feed back on the possibility of other counties that might interest me and receive me. no body want to be in a place where they are not welcome.

Thanks in Advance!!!


Hi CheezeRaider,

I'm in a somewhat similar situation but have somewhat less disposable income. I'm considering moving abroad and the things I'm taking into consideration are:

1. Safety
2. Cost of Living
3. Attractiveness of the women
4. How easy is it to learn the language and adapt to the culture
5. Corruption Level

Because the women in Russia and Ukraine are quite attractive, I was initially interested in them. However, as I did further research, I found that those countries are rather dangerous.

For example, read this Wikipedia article about the justice system in Ukraine. It is scary:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Judicial_system_of_Ukraine

Therefore, I have narrowed my search to countries that have somewhat better human rights.

http://www.freedomhouse.org/template.cf ... &year=2010

I think I would only consider the countries in Green on the map in the link above.

Countries I'm considering are:

Chile
Argentina
Uruguay
Costa Rica
Panama
Latvia
Lithuania
Estonia
Poland
Hungary
Bulgaria

What types of women are you attracted to? Do you like all types or just certain types (i.e. White, Asian, Latin) ?
LarryLaffer
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 45
Joined: Sat Aug 06, 2011 11:31 pm

Postby CheezeRaider » Sun Aug 07, 2011 11:08 pm

Thinks for the reply Rock.

I've been working on some list but for some reason, I've been stuck on FSU.

To Larry.
That's a good list, but I feel safety shouldn't be a problems as long you the government isn't falling apart with some revolution. And I think if you use some bit of streetwise/situational awareness you should be safe. No different then walking late alone in downtown NY or Seattle. More or less. I know 98% of crap on media are propaganda's or fear mongering to sell news. I think I should be fine.

I guess my real concern is the accepted level of far east Asians in their country.

Many Asian talk about and moved to 1st world nations, but I rarely hear about them moving to another 3rd or 2nd world nation.

Over the last century, plenty of white American men have lived abroad. So that may not be new. But it's only in the last decade that new generation of Asian American men have decide to expat and very few are on any forums to share their experiences. I was hoping to gain some more understanding before I fly. But I guess it's gonna have to be a bit of leap of faith.

Thanks for the input.
CheezeRaider
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 92
Joined: Thu Apr 28, 2011 5:50 am

Postby E_Irizarry » Sun Aug 07, 2011 11:36 pm

CheezeRaider wrote:....Many Asian talk about and moved to 1st world nations, but I rarely hear about them moving to another 3rd or 2nd world nation....


That's because they love money. I may be wrong, but a few years ago, I overheard a conversation between two dudes; they were talking about how the Chinese began capitalism, not the Europeans. Is that true, guys?
"I appreciate the opportunities I have in America. Opportunities that allow me to live abroad." **Smiles** - Have2Fly@H.A. (2013)

"The only way to overcome that is to go abroad to get a broad."
- E. Irizarry (2009)

"MGTOW resilience is the key to foreign residence. You better muthafuckin' ask somebody!!"
- E. Irizarry (2012)

"I rather be ostracized by 157.0 million (27.3% of the US of Gay pop), then to appease 1 feminist." - E. Irizarry (2013)

TanBoy by DNA | Despedido, Hugo Chavez...Descansa en paz!
E_Irizarry
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2352
Joined: Sat Jul 05, 2008 8:07 am
Location: The Corporation ( the U.S. of Gay )

Postby momopi » Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:17 am

CheezeRaider wrote:Many Asian talk about and moved to 1st world nations, but I rarely hear about them moving to another 3rd or 2nd world nation.


Asians go where economic opportunities exist. You'd find Chinese going to Laos, Cambodia, Burma, Africa, etc., and Koreans in Philippines, Vietnam. etc. There are 115,000 Koreans in the Philippines and 85,000 in Vietnam.

Except for Singapore, most Asian countries are big enough to have a "gap" between first tier urban cities vs. smaller towns and rural areas. i.e. Taiwan doesn't look very big on the map, but once you put your foot on the ground, the place becomes bigger and more varied from location to location. Taipei is a very different environment from Yilan and Yilan is different from Nantou. Cost of living in smaller town and rural areas in East Asia can be pretty cheap.



E_Irizarry wrote:
CheezeRaider wrote:....Many Asian talk about and moved to 1st world nations, but I rarely hear about them moving to another 3rd or 2nd world nation....

That's because they love money. I may be wrong, but a few years ago, I overheard a conversation between two dudes; they were talking about how the Chinese began capitalism, not the Europeans. Is that true, guys?


No. From economic perspective, capitalism is the private ownership to means of production (goods and services), I doubt any country or civilization can lay claim to its founding.
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 4707
Joined: Sat Sep 01, 2007 4:44 am
Location: Orange County, California

Re: Where to go???

Postby Jackal » Mon Aug 08, 2011 1:55 am

CheezeRaider wrote:$3000 disposable income per month. More or less retired. age 40

That's plenty for most FSU countries, assuming that you're not renting a palace in the capital...

CheezeRaider wrote:Have duel citizenship with 2 1st world country. (2 passport)

I am far east Asian decent

So are 100% Asian or just half Asian? If you look obviously Asian, then I don't you'll be treated badly for the most part. However, if you're half Asian and look somewhat like a gypsy, then a lot people WILL be unkind to you. Or if you just look a white guy with a slight dash of exotic genes, then you might just be considered handsome.

Are you Japanese? In Hungary now, lots of people are really crazy about Japanese things, but I don't know whether they'd want to have a romantic relationship with an Asian or not.

CheezeRaider wrote:I like the fact that they still have decent university programs for physics and I'm interested in the subject. Also, their tuition and books are right around 3k per annual. Which is be peanut in cost.

I think most FSU countries have good physics programs. Hungary has some, too, and a few are in English, I think. Search for universities in Budapest and Debrecen.
Jackal
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1229
Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2008 3:24 am
Location: Hungary

Postby Free » Tue Aug 09, 2011 5:32 am

Ahhh.....the million dollar question. ;)
"Give me liberty or give me death" - Patrick Henry
(Free)
Free
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 106
Joined: Sun May 16, 2010 12:27 am

Postby Rock » Tue Aug 09, 2011 6:12 am

CheezeRaider wrote:Thinks for the reply Rock.

I've been working on some list but for some reason, I've been stuck on FSU.



Well then, what are you waiting for? Get your shit together and get-on over there. Summer will be over soon and next thing you know, you'll have to deal with the brutal cold. And FSU is a large enough area to keep you busy surveying for quite awhile. You could easily spend a year traveling around and sampling.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 4118
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:16 pm

Postby Winston » Wed Aug 10, 2011 2:14 pm

CheezeRaider,
I don't understand. If you are East Asian, then how could you be connected to Robin LaFleur? They have no family friends who are Asian, except this Korean American girl whom Robin was friends with named Linda. There were no male Asians that I met through them.

Mike, Jackie's husband, whom I thought you were, was not East Asian. If you aren't him, then who are you? This doesn't make sense.
Check out the latest posts in our blog The Happier Abroaders.

Don't forget my HA Grand Ebook and Dating Sites!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
User avatar
Winston
Site Admin
 
Posts: 23594
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:16 pm

Postby djfourmoney » Thu Aug 11, 2011 5:41 pm

Argentina because of its peso is dirt cheap IF done correctly. Jackson who runs the ISG website and servers lives full time in Argentina only on the income he generates from the ISG web site, mostly for server maintenance and paying for his high speed connection. As I understand it, he's retired and lives pretty well otherwise, by Western standards.

This is much the case in much of South America. Brazil is getting more expensive but that's because the US Dollar is worth a lot less!

I recently watched an episode of House Hunters: International that featured a very run of the mill US couple (Male is a French immigrant) and they bought some property in Montevideo, Uruguay and it was surprisingly cheap for the biggest city, downtown as well, under $100,000. I think they paid about $92,000 for 800-900ft Apartment.

The point is, you can retire in comfort in much of South America. That's why its become popular though you don't hear about it much in American Media. They want you to think much of the world is 3rd World, when the US is a 3rd World Banana Republic it just hasn't told the population at large yet.
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 3129
Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2010 11:09 pm
Location: Los Angeles

Postby CheezeRaider » Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:18 am

Thx for the replies and the advice. I'm currently on a road trip to Florida. But once I get back home, I'll be getting ready to fly as soon as all my personal affairs are in ordered.

I don't mind the cold Rock ))) I want to be hardcore and travel to Siberia during winter. haha.

Argentina is a place I'm thinking of reserving for later on. More I look into it, more I like about the place. But I'd like to experience other places first. Thx :D
CheezeRaider
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 92
Joined: Thu Apr 28, 2011 5:50 am


Return to Questions and Advice

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest