Best Countries for Asian Men?

Ask questions and get advice. Disclaimer: Any advice you take here is at your own risk. We are not liable for any consequences you might incur from following advice here. Note: Before posting your question, do a search for it in the Google Search box at the top to see if it's been addressed.
Winston
Site Admin

Best Countries for Asian Men?

Post by Winston »

Since we have a "Best Countries for Black Men" thread already, I figured we should have one for Asian men as well.

What do you all think are the best countries for Asian men?

From my perspective:

1. Eastern Europe seems to have very approachable women. They were really nice to me, especially in Latvia, Lithuania and Poland. They give Asian men some attention. But I'm not sure they are open to romance with Asian men though.

2. Western Europe is another possibility. The reports are mixed. Some Asians report success there. But others report that tall white Euro girls do not take Asian men seriously, though they may befriend them. I guess it depends on your looks and luck. Sometimes, if you're lucky, you can meet a Euro girl who happens to have a fetish for Asian culture and will be unusually receptive toward Asian men.

3. Eastern Russia and the southern FSU Republics (Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Uzbekistan) are Asianized cultures and regions, and should theoretically be great for Asian men. Women there should be very approachable, feminine and authentic.

4. Asian countries of course, are another option for Asian men. However, they will not get the free benefits and attention that white foreigners get. Instead, it will be more of a merit system where they will have to "earn their worth". They won't have an exotic novelty appeal or get a free ride from it. The exceptions it seems, are Philippines, Thailand, and SE Asia, where foreign Asians are treated well and seen as higher desirable status.

5. South America is another possibility. People are more warm, open and authentic. Girls are more approachable, humble and appreciative. Men are appreciated. There should be much less racism against Asian men there compared to America.

What do you think of my assessment? Anything you guys want to add?

Winston
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

chanta76
Experienced Poster

Post by chanta76 »

I guess there is not allot of Asian posters on this site to answer this one.

I have not traveled to Europe or South America to know much . I did travel around Asia. Being Asian or Asian American can give you some edge but not much. With the rise of Korean pop or Japanese pop maybe that might influence global image of Asian men but we still have a long way to go.

White guys or even black guys still have a better image as a sex symbol compared to Asian men But that just mean we have to work harder.
Repatriate
Veteran Poster

Post by Repatriate »

It's all about finding your niche. For instance most of the girls that I seem to get along with and have dated in Thailand are overwhelmingly Chinese-Thai (which I am attracted to anyways.) Being an ABC is a good advantage in that scenario.

In Taiwan or China the language/cultural factors would play into my strengths.

Being Korean-american, you should be visiting places that like or look highly on Korean culture. Thailand would be very good for you. K-pop is popular here and many girls are familiar with Koreans. In addition you're a gyopo (equivalent of ABC) so you should be able to use that to your advantage in Korea.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Best Countries for Asian Men?

Post by Rock »

Winston wrote:Since we have a "Best Countries for Black Men" thread already, I figured we should have one for Asian men as well.

What do you all think are the best countries for Asian men?

From my perspective:

1. Eastern Europe seems to have very approachable women. They were really nice to me, especially in Latvia, Lithuania and Poland. They give Asian men some attention. But I'm not sure they are open to romance with Asian men though.

2. Western Europe is another possibility. The reports are mixed. Some Asians report success there. But others report that tall white Euro girls do not take Asian men seriously, though they may befriend them. I guess it depends on your looks and luck. Sometimes, if you're lucky, you can meet a Euro girl who happens to have a fetish for Asian culture and will be unusually receptive toward Asian men.

3. Eastern Russia and the southern FSU Republics (Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Uzbekistan) are Asianized cultures and regions, and should theoretically be great for Asian men. Women there should be very approachable, feminine and authentic.

4. Asian countries of course, are another option for Asian men. However, they will not get the free benefits and attention that white foreigners get. Instead, it will be more of a merit system where they will have to "earn their worth". They won't have an exotic novelty appeal or get a free ride from it. The exceptions it seems, are Philippines, Thailand, and SE Asia, where foreign Asians are treated well and seen as higher desirable status.

5. South America is another possibility. People are more warm, open and authentic. Girls are more approachable, humble and appreciative. Men are appreciated. There should be much less racism against Asian men there compared to America.

What do you think of my assessment? Anything you guys want to add?

Winston
Great start Winston. I would also like to learn more about southern FSU republics. I suspect that in some of these cases at least, women can be loosely divided between whites and Asians. And the whites will likely have different romantic ideals than the Asians.

LatAm/Caribbean needs to be explored more too. I think you would really like DR where I just spent some 3 weeks in Santo Domingo. I got more eye contact than I can handle from people in general. It seems like nobody is really a stranger - people often talk to each other like they have know one-another for awhile when in fact they may have never met before. I will say more son in a separate thread.
chanta76
Experienced Poster

Post by chanta76 »

repatriate,

gypops were in demand maybe 5 years ago...but I think it's like a trend. I mean way back in the 90's and early 2000 ..It's like I heard stories that white guys were doing really well in Japan but it's been over stated and white guys lost some flavor and being replace with black guys and soon they lost some appeal.

Gyopos were popular way back in 90's and up to maybe 2003. From my estimate. You meet more Korean girls who prefer native Korean guys or just some decent guy regardless of race. In Korea ..Korean guys got better. They dress better are more romantic with better style. Sometimes better than western guys(just watch some of those K-dramas and you know what I mean.) I think with gyopos they have this belief that just because they are from America it makes them better...kind of like a false sense of superiority complex. You also get this with so many white guys in Asia too.

Saying that..it's all belief system..I think. Plus in Korea age is BIG thing to them. I'm 35 years old....In Korea people would be like how come I'm not married yet..girls in the early to mid 20's are off my list. That still leaves late 20's to early 30's but Korea is age conscious society. I think other Asian countries are much more forgiving with age than South Korea.

I think China is also much more forgiving with age too..but Chinese guys and Korean guys are bit different in styles and approach to woman. It seems like some Chinese guys I met let the woman take control of them. I met Chinese guys who cook, clean and earn the money while their chinese wife does nothing. Korean guys really never go for this.

I always thought it's because China has too many males and they just about do anything to keep their women. I don't know..I should take a trip out to China/
Repatriate
Veteran Poster

Post by Repatriate »

chanta76 wrote:
Saying that..it's all belief system..I think. Plus in Korea age is BIG thing to them. I'm 35 years old....In Korea people would be like how come I'm not married yet..girls in the early to mid 20's are off my list. That still leaves late 20's to early 30's but Korea is age conscious society. I think other Asian countries are much more forgiving with age than South Korea.
I'm a bit younger than you, I guess my next question would be do you look 35 or younger? Many 30 something year old guys who have no problems dating way younger women due to their looks. Does that factor into relationships in S. Korea or are women really intent on dating within a tight age range?

One major flaw I find with asian-american men is that many are too self conscious. I believe gyopos are the same and when they go abroad they are insecure. Native Korean men don't have this type of insecurity and so they flow better with the women plus native Korean men are definitely in trend in Asia.

Korean men do have a somewhat bad rep for wife beating though.
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

In China there are approx. 73 million women between the ages of 18-25, almost 1/4 the total population of the US. For 18-30, the number adds up to ~120 million, or almost 40% of US population.

In 2006, approx. 10,000 Chinese women married South Korean men, vs. 2,600 South Korean women married Chinese men. You can see from the dating show that I posted, many South Korean men go to China to seek their fortunes, and some Chinese & Korean Chinese girls marry off to S. Korea. Though the ratio exchange is 4:1 in favor of Koreans, 10,000 hardly makes a dent.

If you want to see where the "bigger dents" are, look at mistresses and 2nd wives kept by Taiwanese, HK, and wealthy Mainlanders. I once sat at a banquet table with my ex-GF's father and his coworkers in Tianjin, and he told me bluntly that all the men at the table except him keeps a mistress on the side. The situation is big enough that schools in China now have classes on how to avoid becoming a mistress.

http://www.time.com/time/world/article/ ... 30,00.html
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/08/10/world ... wanted=all

As for the gender ratio question, China is simply behind the trend to TW and SK. In 1990 the gender ratio at birth for South Korea was 117 boys : 100 girls, and in TW was 110 boys : 100 girls. In China today the gender ratio at birth is approx. 120 boys : 100 girls. Many people have the incorrect perception that in China, due to the 1 child per couple law, if the 1st child is a daughter, the daughter is often killed so the couple can have a 2nd child. But statistically speaking, the gender ratio at birth for 1st born is actually near equal. The problem occurs where the government allows the couple to have a 2nd child if the 1st child is a daughter, and the parents abort baby girls in favor of having baby boys for their 2nd (or 3rd) child. This trend existed previously in S. Korea. Back in 1992, when S. Korean couples have 3 kids, the 3rd child is almost twice as likely to be a boy than a girl (200:100 ratio).

http://www.economist.com/node/15636231
"In China the one-child policy increases that pressure further. Unexpectedly, though, it is the relaxation of the policy, rather than the policy pure and simple, which explains the unnatural upsurge in the number of boys."
Last edited by momopi on November 1st, 2011, 12:31 am, edited 2 times in total.
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

Repatriate wrote:
chanta76 wrote:
I'm a bit younger than you, I guess my next question would be do you look 35 or younger? Many 30 something year old guys who have no problems dating way younger women due to their looks. Does that factor into relationships in S. Korea or are women really intent on dating within a tight age range?

One major flaw I find with asian-american men is that many are too self conscious. I believe gyopos are the same and when they go abroad they are insecure. Native Korean men don't have this type of insecurity and so they flow better with the women plus native Korean men are definitely in trend in Asia.

Korean men do have a somewhat bad rep for wife beating though.
Well, of course Asian American men are self conscious. Wouldn't you be too if you lived in a culture that sort of looked down on you? Anglo society is especially difficult on Asian men. That's why men from Asia are much more confident and cockier than Asian men living in the U.S./Canada/Australia etc. They don't face the same scrutiny as we do here. The one place in the U.S. where Asian men are not like that is in Hawaii, but that's because Hawaii is full of Asians and they effectively control the State.
Repatriate
Veteran Poster

Post by Repatriate »

zboy1 wrote: Well, of course Asian American men are self conscious. Wouldn't you be too if you lived in a culture that sort of looked down on you? Anglo society is especially difficult on Asian men.
That's true but it's also true that self consciousness and mental baggage is something you (as an individual) are partially responsible for. Do you let it effect you or do you try and shape your own mental outlook? There's a lot of people in America who want to dictate who or what you should feel at any given time but that doesn't mean you have to go along with the program.
chanta76
Experienced Poster

Post by chanta76 »

repatriate,

About Korean men and the wife beating stereotype...is sooooo old. It's like saying are all Jewish people into money or all all black men super athletes.

I find it sad that sometimes among Asian groups we have this intra-asian rivalry. In the Korean community the stereotype about Chinese men is that they don't have back bone and that chinese women wear the pants in the family. Part of the reason why Korean people say this is to dissuade Korean men to go after Chinese women..or that Japanese women are really easy and all prefer western guys ..etc..etc..''Don't get me wrong. Behind every stereotype there is an ounce of truth. But stats wise when it comes to domestic violence in Korea it's no higher or lower than any other countries. Plus I dated a few Chinese native girls....compared to Korean girls I found them allot more traditional type.

You know growing up as a Korean American male..I been attack and lambasted because of my race. Since to white people they categorize Koreans and CHinese or any other Asian as one whole monolithic group..we get label sooo much. For all the asian men here..you should know what I mean. This part of the reason why I was able to relate with Winston ..

anyway, I am 35 years old. Do I look it? TO some people I look younger others about my age. If you want a pic I send you one privately.
chanta76
Experienced Poster

Post by chanta76 »

momopi,

You know with the gender imbalance in Asia will effect western men trying to get an Asian bride. I really think the local Asian guys will start being more territorial with the women in the community. It's not a bad thing...it's been happenning here in the states all the time with white women. I can't tell you how many times when me and my asian buddies tries to hit on white girls we get either cock block by local white guys or they start fights with us. And I live in NYC.

I had a Korean male friend that had a black girl friend..he told me countless times the harassment he got from black people and white people too.
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

I presume you are referring to Asian American as in Oriental-looking ( Mongolian-descent) and other Anglo Asian men. I would say that Thailand wins hands down. They love Western Asian guys and accept them and accept all other Oriental looking people as brothers and take them into their fold. Seen it with my owns eyes so many times and such people prosper there socially speaking. Any other SE Asian country would be good. If they want white girls, then I guess they need to go to the Baltics and Eastern Ukraine.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
colibri
Freshman Poster

Post by colibri »

Asians guys are rare around here :( , so when i see one walking on the street i cant take my eyes off of them ...haha <3
If God is watching us, the least we can do is be entertaining.
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

colibri wrote:Asians guys are rare around here :( , so when i see one walking on the street i cant take my eyes off of them ...haha <3
Wow colibri, is that you in the picture? If it is, you're pretty hot. Where do you live? Just wondering...Heah, if you like Asian men, I'm single BTW, LOL.
colibri
Freshman Poster

Post by colibri »

yes , its me , from a site named photocabine ijust found it hahah its fun :P.--------> http://www.laphotocabine.com
(and yes i like asian guys hehe
im from Cuernavca Mex. 8)
Last edited by colibri on December 27th, 2011, 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If God is watching us, the least we can do is be entertaining.