Problems with lack of education and proper income

Ask questions and get advice. Disclaimer: Any advice you take here is at your own risk. We are not liable for any consequences you might incur from following advice here. Note: Before posting your question, do a search for it in the Google Search box at the top to see if it's been addressed.

Join the military or go for the education

Join the military
38%
go for the teaching credential
38%
Go for A woman despite the situation and choice
25%

Total votes: 8
magnum
Junior Poster

Problems with lack of education and proper income

Post by magnum »

I've lurked on these forums on and off, and I've taken a lot of the advice on here to heart, I'm sure some of you guys have seen the few posts I've made before.

My problem is, I'm stuck working a low income dead end job, and I'm no educated, I've never had any experience with college so I'm coming to the end of the road here.

My current job is as a supplement store manager, I don't even get paid enough for the job, I make 9$ a hour, I work 10 hours a day, 4 days out of the week....

Needless to say I don't make enough money.

I was originally interested in finding a girl from another country I even consulted a few guys on here about where to go, and I was directed to a few good websites, though I think I need to go to that country my self honestly.

Point being is, even if I was to find a girl, I think my current situation is vary unfair to bring a woman in to, sure her situation might not be much better depending on the country she's from, and she might not even look at it the same way.... but I feel as though if I can't afford to support us both on my own wage, and my job security isn't that great, what kind of person would I be to drag a girl in to that.

I've avoided the military for a long time now, not because I don't want to be a military man, but I knew I would never meet the kind of woman i want in the military, but I'm coming to the point now where I might not have a choice, and I'm in fear for my future with a woman if I do join, as I don't think I'll be able to be a proper husband to any girl wile being part of the army/navy not to mention waist the remaining amount of my youth serving a country I don't even like, with a zero chance of meeting the kind of girl I'd like to be with.

So my question for you guys is, what would you do if you're a non-patrotic guy, with no education (though I was going to try and get a 4 year teaching credential out of the way as quickly as possible) do at this point.

I should have been born 500 years ago, I have a warriors heart, I just don't have the country I live in within my heart, I know I need to do something that isn't behind a desk, something with meaning and feeling where I'm active, so the military is attractive in that aspect to me, but it has so many negatives.

Join the military or tuff it out get a teaching credential and make a go of it in another country, I was thinking japan, but you already have to get a rather large bank roll before jumping on a plain.

I don't see much hope for my future right now, a life time ago I was a 300 fat 22 year old with a dream of being in shape and getting a girl friend, now I'm a 26 year old in decent shape guy wondering why I even bothered, if I had only known money was more important then my personal fitness in getting a woman I might have focused on school, though on the flip side, i wouldn't undo what I've accomplished, and I rather live longer and uneducated then die with knowledge, but that's just me.

This is mostly a recap of the subjects I've posted about on here, but It was on my mind and I need more input, I've had a few of you guys give me really good information, so thanks guys.

I made a poll out of it, I figured why not, a fast way to get opinions.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Think Different
Junior Poster

Post by Think Different »

I'll repeat this again for the new guy: Join the French Foreign Legion!

http://www.legion-recrute.com/en/

Benefits:

1. You get let your inner warrior out
2. You get good leadership and job skill training
3. You get to travel to strange and exotic places and make comrades from around the world
4. You get French (i.e. EU) citizenship after you do your 3-4 years of duty
5. You get to learn French in the process (they teach it to you in order to survive the Legion)
6. You'll then get out and get to meet lots of hot French chicks who dig macho men
7. You get to enjoy life in France and eat French food, French wine, etc.
8. Legionnaires are highly regarded in France and get good job placement help

Good luck!
ErikHeaven
Experienced Poster

Foreign Legion Is A Great Idea

Post by ErikHeaven »

Also anything in the trucking field. Truck drivers in my company make 100,000 dollars a year. Diesel Mechanics make 20 dollars an hour. Both do not require college. Think about both ideas.
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Problems with lack of education and proper income

Post by zboy1 »

magnum wrote:I've lurked on these forums on and off, and I've taken a lot of the advice on here to heart, I'm sure some of you guys have seen the few posts I've made before.

My problem is, I'm stuck working a low income dead end job, and I'm no educated, I've never had any experience with college so I'm coming to the end of the road here.

My current job is as a supplement store manager, I don't even get paid enough for the job, I make 9$ a hour, I work 10 hours a day, 4 days out of the week....

Needless to say I don't make enough money.

I was originally interested in finding a girl from another country I even consulted a few guys on here about where to go, and I was directed to a few good websites, though I think I need to go to that country my self honestly.

Point being is, even if I was to find a girl, I think my current situation is vary unfair to bring a woman in to, sure her situation might not be much better depending on the country she's from, and she might not even look at it the same way.... but I feel as though if I can't afford to support us both on my own wage, and my job security isn't that great, what kind of person would I be to drag a girl in to that.

I've avoided the military for a long time now, not because I don't want to be a military man, but I knew I would never meet the kind of woman i want in the military, but I'm coming to the point now where I might not have a choice, and I'm in fear for my future with a woman if I do join, as I don't think I'll be able to be a proper husband to any girl wile being part of the army/navy not to mention waist the remaining amount of my youth serving a country I don't even like, with a zero chance of meeting the kind of girl I'd like to be with.

So my question for you guys is, what would you do if you're a non-patrotic guy, with no education (though I was going to try and get a 4 year teaching credential out of the way as quickly as possible) do at this point.

I should have been born 500 years ago, I have a warriors heart, I just don't have the country I live in within my heart, I know I need to do something that isn't behind a desk, something with meaning and feeling where I'm active, so the military is attractive in that aspect to me, but it has so many negatives.

Join the military or tuff it out get a teaching credential and make a go of it in another country, I was thinking japan, but you already have to get a rather large bank roll before jumping on a plain.

I don't see much hope for my future right now, a life time ago I was a 300 fat 22 year old with a dream of being in shape and getting a girl friend, now I'm a 26 year old in decent shape guy wondering why I even bothered, if I had only known money was more important then my personal fitness in getting a woman I might have focused on school, though on the flip side, i wouldn't undo what I've accomplished, and I rather live longer and uneducated then die with knowledge, but that's just me.

This is mostly a recap of the subjects I've posted about on here, but It was on my mind and I need more input, I've had a few of you guys give me really good information, so thanks guys.

I made a poll out of it, I figured why not, a fast way to get opinions.
Magnum, I am in a similar situation as you. I am choosing to go the teacher route, but that may not be possible in your case. Since, I was once in the military, I can give you some advice: First of all, you don't necessarily have to be a patriot to serve in the military. There are a lot of disaffected American's serving in the Armed Forces. Just don't be chatty about it or you might get your butt whipped. The other advice is to join the Air Force since it's probably the least stringent out of all the services. Basic training was hell, but relatively easy compared to the one for the Marines, Army, or the Navy. Second, when you choose a career, I suggest choosing a career that fits you; in other words if you are mechanical inclined choose that field. If you're interested in logistics, choose that. If you like working with fighter planes, choose aircraft mechanic. If you like medical, you can choose to be a medic or etc,. Do not join Special Forces or infantry or anything similar because your as GOOD AS DEAD if you choose that path. The American government is corrupt as hell, and would love to send your ass to some hellhole like Iraq or Iran to fight in some stupid pointless war. At least in the Air Force you won't see direct combat if you choose the right career (although you might be sent to a warzone, you would most likely stay in a fortified base unlike combat soldiers). But I will preface to say that there is still a chance you might get killed no matter what branch of the service and what career you choose.
Think Different
Junior Poster

Don't forget the Coast Guard, too.
odbo
Veteran Poster

Post by odbo »

Let me tell you what's going to happen if you join the military.
4 years down the f***ing toilet.

I don't know how many millions of young retards (including some of my friends) have to make the same mistake for ANYONE TO LEARN FROM IT.

The problem is people don't get their advice from disgruntled vets, they only get one source of information, THE ARMY ITSELF. You can't expect an army recruitment commercial or army.com to tell the truth. Everyone says the same thing, "My recruiter lied to me." They are professional liars.

In the military they're going to inject you with all sorts of vaccines and poisons. Once you join you are their slave. You have no rights. Read up on Gulf War syndrome. What kind of idiot would trust his life to these people?

After 4 years you will be in the same position you are now, but without a job, and with psychological problems. Not to mention your brain will have been altered from those vaccines.

If you're lucky, you will be shot dead or blown up in Afghanistan and come home a hero. Of course you're more likely to come back missing some limbs or with have your face missing. You'll be a chick magnet then.

Listen kid, and I refer to you as that because you're obviously a man-child, SEE PAST THE PROPAGANDA. We already told you this LAST TIME you asked: viewtopic.php?p=46038&highlight=#46038

Most of us are in a similar position to yours. Tough it out, get a 2nd job, use your brain to start an online business, save up every penny you earn and get the f**k out of this country. Find happiness abroad. Even if you were making good money, American life is monotonous. You think that would suddenly change if you brought back a woman? You're dreaming. Real living is a life centered around human interaction, not restaurant chains, movie theaters and writing Yelp reviews on the restaurant chain and/or movie theater you just came back from.
magnum
Junior Poster

Post by magnum »

See, I understand happiness isn't money...I just know the world makes the rules, and the rules say, without enough money you don't get to have a woman or even hold on to one, and that rule isn't bound by country.

That's why I envy people who found love when they were younger and perhaps too young and dumb to understand how important money is or would be, they at least grew to love one another despite money or social status.

I see all the points made.

4 years down the drain and in the same spot...that's true but so far, it's all down the drain and nothing to show for, and the military would give me enough money to survive.

On the other hand teaching isn't something I want to do, it's a tool that I'm willing to learn to get out of this country, but even that is a temporary fix, as I don't think that alone would allow me to retire or move up in profession.

French foreign legion, you know, I've heard this one few times actually from my old man hah...problem is I don't like french women or the lingo....

My inner warrior...well I wish this was 800 years ago and I had a sword in my hand, but your born when your born...

Thanks for the input guys, I appreciate it.

I don't agree or condone a lot of things I see and read here, but it's a fantastic place to go for REAL information, and real input not brain washed garbage from blind sheep in denial. thanks guys.
Fenix
Junior Poster

Post by Fenix »

I am going to post online jobs you can do, so men like you or future members don't have to feel like shit. I am a freelance writer and I make more money than what they are paying in the French Legion. Don't feel sorry for yourself. Trust me...The Internet is huge. You just have to search online for jobs. I am probably the only man on here against teaching English because it is NOT THE ONLY JOB AVAILABLE FOR YOU TO DO. Take teaching out of your head.

Stop thinking about money = women fall head over hills for you. That's bullshit. Get that Ameriskank mentality out of your head. Many rich men have women, but do those women stay? They divorce or break up. Money isn't your savoir.

The two most amazing women I ever met in America was when I had no job or made little money. I am just a regular dude. If I can get a girl in America when I had no job, no car, etc. you sure as hell can get one or overseas. Most of you men need to stop thinking about money. f**k money.

Go to the forum section on here called "making a living overseas/studying abroad." I am a writer, but there are so many jobs you can do at home that you can actually make a decent living from. Don't get discouraged.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

Phoenix Sosa wrote:I am going to post online jobs you can do, so men like you or future members don't have to feel like shit. I am a freelance writer and I make more money than what they are paying in the French Legion. Don't feel sorry for yourself. Trust me...The Internet is huge. You just have to search online for jobs. I am probably the only man on here against teaching English because it is NOT THE ONLY JOB AVAILABLE FOR YOU TO DO. Take teaching out of your head.

Stop thinking about money = women fall head over hills for you. That's bullshit. Get that Ameriskank mentality out of your head. Many rich men have women, but do those women stay? They divorce or break up. Money isn't your savoir.

The two most amazing women I ever met in America was when I had no job or made little money. I am just a regular dude. If I can get a girl in America when I had no job, no car, etc. you sure as hell can get one or overseas. Most of you men need to stop thinking about money. f**k money.

Go to the forum section on here called "making a living overseas/studying abroad." I am a writer, but there are so many jobs you can do at home that you can actually make a decent living from. Don't get discouraged.
Yes, its very true that many men can get women without money whether abroad or even in the States. Many guys work under the wrong assumption that women are all about money. Most are not IMO. And the women who come during your leanest times are often the best ones, at least character and loyalty wise.

BUT, IMO, life overseas without money sucks. The best thing to do is to find a way to make as much money as possible to support a much more interesting lifestyle. Now if you want genuine girls, you can pose as a poor English teacher for awhile. Once you establish a relationship with that girl who has proven herself, then you can show more means and enjoy a higher standard of living. No money means being a slave to a low paying job and its boss and rules, minimal travel, no 5 star hotels and resorts, no massages, very limited clubbing, etc.
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

1. Go to careerbuilder.com
2. Type in JAPAN in the keyword search field (NOT the Location field), then click on search
3. Look through the job listings and check qualifications. Most oversea postings require experience, so you'll have to obtain the work experience (and education) here first.

Now try putting in other countries in the search field and see what the results are.

magnum wrote: My problem is, I'm stuck working a low income dead end job, and I'm no educated, I've never had any experience with college so I'm coming to the end of the road here.
Summer is almost over. Sign up for a couple classes at your local community college in the Fall term and see if you like it. College can be a fun experience, but if you don't like the on-campus method, there are many schools offering online learning. Even schools like Stanford offer remote learning classes:

http://scpd.stanford.edu/degreeCredit/d ... icates.jsp
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Taco »

Buy a fake degree off the internet and teach english in China. You can save about half of what you make in China and no one will check your credentials. If you don't llike that option you can become a truck driver, it doesn't take much training and you can do it in almost any country if you have immigration status.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SbVRSjcRQkM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acohwkuIa5o
Jackal
Experienced Poster

Post by Jackal »

Think Different wrote:I'll repeat this again for the new guy: Join the French Foreign Legion!
http://www.legion-recrute.com/en/
Holy shit, dude! Is that link for real? That would be a very cool option if they don't use you as some kind of slave, but then again, people are slaves in America anyway, so a slave on a path to EU citizenship would already be an improvement.
magnum wrote: French foreign legion, you know, I've heard this one few times actually from my old man hah...problem is I don't like french women or the lingo....
How many French women have you met? How much French have you actually heard? Are you basing your opinion on real experiences or are you just jumping to conclusions based on stereotypes and American anti-French propaganda?

Are French women and the French language really so terrible?
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6obb199L ... re=related[/youtube]
Think Different wrote:Don't forget the Coast Guard, too.
and the Merchant Marines! There is also a Merchant Marine academy as well as a Coast Guard Academy. I have posted links about this stuff before. Just use google for more info.
Taco wrote:Buy a fake degree off the internet and teach english in China. You can save about half of what you make in China and no one will check your credentials. If you don't llike that option you can become a truck driver, it doesn't take much training and you can do it in almost any country if you have immigration status.
As a Buddhist, I would not normally approve of lying, but if you've got your back to the wall, you're already reasonably intelligent, and this is your only chance for a future overseas, then it might be necessary. Being a tax-paying slave for the US government is not so ethical, either.

So don't let yourself go down the dark road of despair. There are options available to you to get overseas, even though they might not be your favorite ones.

SO MY VOTE IS A TIE BETWEEN YOU JOINING A FOREIGN MILITARY AND GETTING A TEACHING CREDENTIAL.
MrPeabody
Experienced Poster

Post by MrPeabody »

I wouldn't even consider the French Foreign Legion unless you actually meet someone who has done it and knows what he is talking about. The army can be a brutal place and you are agreeing to fight and die on command if necessary. That being said, there are a small minority of men with the right psychological makeup that might benefit from the experience.
Think Different
Junior Poster

MrPeabody wrote:I wouldn't even consider the French Foreign Legion unless you actually meet someone who has done it and knows what he is talking about. The army can be a brutal place and you are agreeing to fight and die on command if necessary. That being said, there are a small minority of men with the right psychological makeup that might benefit from the experience.
He said he had an inner warrior that needed to get out, so I took him at his word. And for the record, French women, French food, and the French language are awesome. You've never really made love until a French girl doused in nice perfume, wearing nice lingerie is whispering in your ear in French, while you're going at it.
Jackal
Experienced Poster

Post by Jackal »

Also, somebody a while back posted a link about foreigners being able to join the Russian army, but I think that would be a far harsher experience than being in the French army. Anyway, search for the old thread.

There are lots of interesting opportunities out there, but unfortunately, most American guys will never be willing to take action and actually do them. They don't like the fact that they are considering something that their friends and the US media have never talked about. They don't want to deal with foreign cultures and languages, etc.

It always takes some courage to go to a foreign country for a long period of time. You plan the best you can, but you can never know beforehand exactly how things will turn out and that's always a little bit nerve-wracking. There's no getting around that.