Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.


Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife



View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile


Realistic age gap in relationships?

Ask questions and get advice, or share advice. Disclaimer: Any advice you take here is at your own risk. We are not liable for any consequences you might incur from following someone's advice here.
Note: Before posting your question, do a search for it in the Google Search box at the top to see if it's already been addressed.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Postby Rock » Mon Jan 02, 2012 7:22 am

djfourmoney wrote:
Rock wrote:When I went to Cagayan de Oro, I stayed in the home of a 59 year old Japanese guy who had been married to a very cute 5'6" 29 year old Filipina for 10 years. I was told by her sister that after a year or so together, she began to love him. They have two kids together too. When I was there, I felt she treated him with respect and affection and was very happy to live there with him and near her extended family. She was very nice to me too and spoke excellent English even though her husband's English is still very broken and basic.


How many native Japanese do you know speak good English?????????? While from what I can tell most Flips can speak decent to fluent English.


Well the ones I've known who live and function long term in English in places like PI, HK, or London usually speak pretty fluently albeit with a strong accents. This fellow has been in PI for over 15 years and does not speak a lick of Visayan or Tagalog. He uses just English in his work and social life. As for PI, don't assume most Filipinos(as) speak decent English. In places like Cagayan de Oro and many other parts of Mindanao, there are plenty who do not. But you can always find others who with some command who can act as translators.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 4116
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:16 pm







Postby djfourmoney » Mon Jan 02, 2012 6:20 pm

Rock wrote:
djfourmoney wrote:
Rock wrote:When I went to Cagayan de Oro, I stayed in the home of a 59 year old Japanese guy who had been married to a very cute 5'6" 29 year old Filipina for 10 years. I was told by her sister that after a year or so together, she began to love him. They have two kids together too. When I was there, I felt she treated him with respect and affection and was very happy to live there with him and near her extended family. She was very nice to me too and spoke excellent English even though her husband's English is still very broken and basic.


How many native Japanese do you know speak good English?????????? While from what I can tell most Flips can speak decent to fluent English.


Well the ones I've known who live and function long term in English in places like PI, HK, or London usually speak pretty fluently albeit with a strong accents. This fellow has been in PI for over 15 years and does not speak a lick of Visayan or Tagalog. He uses just English in his work and social life. As for PI, don't assume most Filipinos(as) speak decent English. In places like Cagayan de Oro and many other parts of Mindanao, there are plenty who do not. But you can always find others who with some command who can act as translators.


That's my experience, most Japanese still speak too much Japanese on a regular basis to gain fluency.

I wouldn't expect people outside of the major cities in P.I to speak much English, they don't have much use for it.
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 3129
Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2010 11:09 pm
Location: Los Angeles

Postby Bijou » Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:48 am

eurobrat wrote:@jcris7
They come over and bitch about my lack of "stuff", then I go over to they're places and you need a bulldozer to get through all of there crap.



hahahahahahh
Bijou
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 21
Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2012 7:56 pm

Postby xiongmao » Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:38 am

I'm 40 my Chinese gf is 28. It's a good age difference, but man does she wear me out some times :D .

My Uncle is 62 and his Thai gf is 35. Again this seems OK. Realistically a man of any age could find an Asian bride in her mid-30's. She keeps telling my uncle she's an old lady (and said much the same when she was 28).

I know a couple of guys who have married Thai or Filipino women 25 years their junior, and have even gone on to have some cute kids.

Just bear in mind that these women aren't going to be perfect 10's, but average looking women (by the standards in their country) who will love and worship you forever :P .
xiongmao
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2536
Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:09 pm
Location: London

Postby ladislav » Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:50 am

I am going to be 52 and here in the Philippines it would be hard for me to find a decent looking girl in her 30ies as the pretty ones either get snatched up or knocked up by the time they are 22. I don't want a single mom because I have no kids or a woman who has already been popped by some whipper snapper and who now looks for an open minded foreigner to accept her as she is. You should of kept your legs closed, baby. So, that leaves you at any age with the 18-24 demographics unless you want someone who carries a lot of guilt and a grinning man somewhere who took her cherry and is now laughing all the way to his other conquest.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 3578
Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2007 6:30 pm

Postby jamesbond » Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:05 pm

In 2006, radio talk show host Art Bell met a girl online and 3 weeks later went over to the Philippines and married her. He was 61 at the time and she was 21. They now have one child together and are very happily married. So there was a 40 year age difference and they are perfectly happy together.

Mark Davis is 48 and his wife is 23. They met in Ukraine when she was 18 and he was 43. She did not care that he was 25 years older than him, she said she only cared that he was a good person. He was also married twice before and has 4 kids from his previous marriages and SHE STILL DID NOT CARE ABOUT THOSE THINGS.

Foreign women do not care about a big age difference between themselves and the men they date and marry like American women do.

If you haven't seen this video yet from Don Steele, who wrote the book, "How to date young women for men over 35" check it out. His wife is 34 years younger than him and she is mexican.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68oE5O56tTI[/youtube]
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
User avatar
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 7485
Joined: Sat Aug 25, 2007 5:45 pm
Location: USA

Postby davewe » Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:23 pm

ladislav wrote:I am going to be 52 and here in the Philippines it would be hard for me to find a decent looking girl in her 30ies as the pretty ones either get snatched up or knocked up by the time they are 22. I don't want a single mom because I have no kids or a woman who has already been popped by some whipper snapper and who now looks for an open minded foreigner to accept her as she is. You should of kept your legs closed, baby. So, that leaves you at any age with the 18-24 demographics unless you want someone who carries a lot of guilt and a grinning man somewhere who took her cherry and is now laughing all the way to his other conquest.


I agree (well mostly). When I was hot and heavy online I found that most of the Filipinas from their late 20s to mid 30s had kids (which sometimes I was told after we had chatted for awhile) husbands or bfs hanging around. And even if they didn't have any of those (making me question whether they were honest or not) they were generally quite hardened to men and Western men in particular. Since I can find that attitude easily in the U.S. it was not too attractive.

I wouldn't mind a girl a little older than Lad's demographic but that's mostly what came up when I was interested in girls with no kids, no husband, college education, etc.

OTOH I am not so naive as to expect a girl to "keep her legs closed"; I just want her to keep from getting pregnant.
davewe
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1391
Joined: Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:21 am

Postby WuFan » Fri Mar 02, 2012 6:16 am

no more than 5 years. 10 years is really pushing it.

No woman wants to date her dad.

If it´s more than that you can be sure that she is only with you for the money and is banging a young stud behind your back.
WuFan
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 177
Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2012 4:50 pm

Postby Twobrains » Fri Mar 02, 2012 4:23 pm

WuFan wrote:no more than 5 years. 10 years is really pushing it.

No woman wants to date her dad.

If it´s more than that you can be sure that she is only with you for the money and is banging a young stud behind your back.


I think Chileanueva/Konrad is back.
Twobrains
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 194
Joined: Mon Sep 05, 2011 1:39 pm
Location: Europe

Postby The_Hero_of_Men » Fri Mar 02, 2012 4:27 pm

Twobrains wrote:
WuFan wrote:no more than 5 years. 10 years is really pushing it.

No woman wants to date her dad.

If it´s more than that you can be sure that she is only with you for the money and is banging a young stud behind your back.


I think Chileanueva/Konrad is back.


Let's just wait and see...
Wielding the blade of evil's bane, he sealed the dark one away and gave the land light. This man, who traveled through time to save the land, was known as the Hero of Men. The man's tale was passed down through generations until it became legend...
The_Hero_of_Men
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1142
Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:22 pm
Location: The Surface (Hyrule)

Postby djfourmoney » Sat Mar 03, 2012 1:03 am

More than ten years is NOT pushing anyway. It s Anglo argument that defies logic on many levels.

I as I said in another thread the majority of Men in their early 20's ARE NOT INTERESTED IN A LONG TERM RELATIONSHIP. They are interested in SEX ONLY and any MEANS to get it including LYING ABOUT INTENTIONS.

While there are some men in their early 20's interested in relationships, YOU ARE THE MINORITY.

This is why its not UNCOMMON for SINGLE MOTHERS IN ANY COUNTRY to consider men up to and over ten years older than them. As I have said before they want STABILITY and men like Hero of Men who complains he can't afford anything because he's a poor college student can not offer that to those women. ANY woman that is thinking of having children in the near future will not consider people like him a candidate.

Sorry Link but those are the rules I don't make them.

What older men offer is experience, maturity and stability. Many under that can not provide those things.

The problem comes from younger men trying to make the Good Time Girls their wives....
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 3129
Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2010 11:09 pm
Location: Los Angeles

Postby The_Hero_of_Men » Sat Mar 03, 2012 1:54 am

djfourmoney wrote:More than ten years is NOT pushing anyway. It s Anglo argument that defies logic on many levels.

I as I said in another thread the majority of Men in their early 20's ARE NOT INTERESTED IN A LONG TERM RELATIONSHIP. They are interested in SEX ONLY and any MEANS to get it including LYING ABOUT INTENTIONS.

While there are some men in their early 20's interested in relationships, YOU ARE THE MINORITY.

This is why its not UNCOMMON for SINGLE MOTHERS IN ANY COUNTRY to consider men up to and over ten years older than them. As I have said before they want STABILITY and men like Hero of Men who complains he can't afford anything because he's a poor college student can not offer that to those women. ANY woman that is thinking of having children in the near future will not consider people like him a candidate.

Sorry Link but those are the rules I don't make them.

What older men offer is experience, maturity and stability. Many under that can not provide those things.

The problem comes from younger men trying to make the Good Time Girls their wives....



While you do have a point, I will say this: With all due respect, unless you have been a "poor college student", as you put it, there is no way you could begin to understand. You say to do something like it's no idea, without considering the other person's circumstances.
Wielding the blade of evil's bane, he sealed the dark one away and gave the land light. This man, who traveled through time to save the land, was known as the Hero of Men. The man's tale was passed down through generations until it became legend...
The_Hero_of_Men
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1142
Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:22 pm
Location: The Surface (Hyrule)

Postby djfourmoney » Sat Mar 03, 2012 7:18 am

The_Hero_of_Men wrote:
djfourmoney wrote:More than ten years is NOT pushing anyway. It s Anglo argument that defies logic on many levels.

I as I said in another thread the majority of Men in their early 20's ARE NOT INTERESTED IN A LONG TERM RELATIONSHIP. They are interested in SEX ONLY and any MEANS to get it including LYING ABOUT INTENTIONS.

While there are some men in their early 20's interested in relationships, YOU ARE THE MINORITY.

This is why its not UNCOMMON for SINGLE MOTHERS IN ANY COUNTRY to consider men up to and over ten years older than them. As I have said before they want STABILITY and men like Hero of Men who complains he can't afford anything because he's a poor college student can not offer that to those women. ANY woman that is thinking of having children in the near future will not consider people like him a candidate.

Sorry Link but those are the rules I don't make them.

What older men offer is experience, maturity and stability. Many under that can not provide those things.

The problem comes from younger men trying to make the Good Time Girls their wives....



While you do have a point, I will say this: With all due respect, unless you have been a "poor college student", as you put it, there is no way you could begin to understand. You say to do something like it's no idea, without considering the other person's circumstances.


I do understand, don't assume I don't and stop taking it personal. You are the one that keeps saying you want to travel here and there. But you make excuses. If you can't get around not having money, then what's the point of talking about going places? By the time you graduate the world will be very different from today I can assure you of that.

It cost me $120 of money I don't have to learn the ins and outs of A+ and IT. While its not costing me thousands of dollars, unless you're getting something involved in Health, Technology or Sciences, you're job will be eliminated in less than two decades. That would mean your $5,000 a year investment is likely worthless, think about it.

I currently am a poor man in his early 40's living at home with his parents, in Western terms you can't get much worst than that. In some respects I would get more props for being homeless.

I am saving as much money as possible in order to get to Europe by April. Maybe I'm lucky that I don't pay my cell bill ($55) for high speed internet ($70) and I don't have a car anymore ($460, payment and insurance) so like in our soon to come internet show, keeping money in your pocket is the key in the near future as a collapse is coming and you civil liberties are thing of the past.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqcPe-ZBQdk[/youtube]
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 3129
Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2010 11:09 pm
Location: Los Angeles

Postby The_Hero_of_Men » Sat Mar 03, 2012 2:40 pm

djfourmoney wrote:
The_Hero_of_Men wrote:
djfourmoney wrote:More than ten years is NOT pushing anyway. It s Anglo argument that defies logic on many levels.

I as I said in another thread the majority of Men in their early 20's ARE NOT INTERESTED IN A LONG TERM RELATIONSHIP. They are interested in SEX ONLY and any MEANS to get it including LYING ABOUT INTENTIONS.

While there are some men in their early 20's interested in relationships, YOU ARE THE MINORITY.

This is why its not UNCOMMON for SINGLE MOTHERS IN ANY COUNTRY to consider men up to and over ten years older than them. As I have said before they want STABILITY and men like Hero of Men who complains he can't afford anything because he's a poor college student can not offer that to those women. ANY woman that is thinking of having children in the near future will not consider people like him a candidate.

Sorry Link but those are the rules I don't make them.

What older men offer is experience, maturity and stability. Many under that can not provide those things.

The problem comes from younger men trying to make the Good Time Girls their wives....



While you do have a point, I will say this: With all due respect, unless you have been a "poor college student", as you put it, there is no way you could begin to understand. You say to do something like it's no idea, without considering the other person's circumstances.


I do understand, don't assume I don't and stop taking it personal. You are the one that keeps saying you want to travel here and there. But you make excuses. If you can't get around not having money, then what's the point of talking about going places? By the time you graduate the world will be very different from today I can assure you of that.

It cost me $120 of money I don't have to learn the ins and outs of A+ and IT. While its not costing me thousands of dollars, unless you're getting something involved in Health, Technology or Sciences, you're job will be eliminated in less than two decades. That would mean your $5,000 a year investment is likely worthless, think about it.

I currently am a poor man in his early 40's living at home with his parents, in Western terms you can't get much worst than that. In some respects I would get more props for being homeless.

I am saving as much money as possible in order to get to Europe by April. Maybe I'm lucky that I don't pay my cell bill ($55) for high speed internet ($70) and I don't have a car anymore ($460, payment and insurance) so like in our soon to come internet show, keeping money in your pocket is the key in the near future as a collapse is coming and you civil liberties are thing of the past.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqcPe-ZBQdk[/youtube]



I'm sorry, sir.
Wielding the blade of evil's bane, he sealed the dark one away and gave the land light. This man, who traveled through time to save the land, was known as the Hero of Men. The man's tale was passed down through generations until it became legend...
The_Hero_of_Men
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1142
Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:22 pm
Location: The Surface (Hyrule)

Postby Capster78 » Sun Mar 04, 2012 9:00 am

I don't understand why people care so much about age. My wife is actually about 8 years older than I am and she is filipina. But because she takes such good care of herself, she looks much younger than I do.. And I work out 3-5 times a week..

What it really boils down to is if your personalities match and your compatible.. Age is not a factor and making it a factor puts you in line with what american chicks do to men.. how can you blame american chicks for being shallow, if your being shallow as well..

My wife is amazing, and I actually enjoy the extra maturity and life expirience she has over some of the younger women who are immature. However, if I had met an 18 year old girl that was mature... age would not cross my mind if we got along really well.
Married to a sweet Filipina girl an never looking back!
Capster78
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 56
Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2012 3:36 am
Location: USA

PreviousNext

Return to Questions and Advice

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest