Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.


Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife



View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile


What should I tell foreign women about my occupation?

Ask questions and get advice, or share advice. Disclaimer: Any advice you take here is at your own risk. We are not liable for any consequences you might incur from following someone's advice here.
Note: Before posting your question, do a search for it in the Google Search box at the top to see if it's already been addressed.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

What should I tell foreign women about my occupation?

Postby Winston » Sat Dec 10, 2011 7:46 am

I have a dilemma.

When I correspond with foreign women, such as women in China, they will inevitably want to know what I do and what my occupation is. Now, if I tell them that I have an online business or have online income, they will naturally want to see this "online business". And if they see this site, it could reflect negatively on me, esp if they see the photo collage, which makes me look like a playboy or sex tourist.

But even if I said something vague, like I'm an import/export specialist, or am self-employed, or a freelance writer, etc. they will still naturally want to see some evidence of what I do, and want to know more about it.

Also, if you say you are a freelancer, then it makes you look unemployed and unstable, and unsuited for starting a family with.

So how should I handle this aspect? How do you guys handle it when the question of your occupation comes up with foreign women you correspond with?

The irony in all this is that men who have great stable careers tend to have the least free time, only two weeks a year to visit these foreign women. But those with the most free time are usually the unstable ones with the least financial stability. So it's a paradox to these foreign women, isn't it? lol
Check out the latest posts in our blog The Happier Abroaders.

Don't forget my HA Grand Ebook and Dating Sites!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
User avatar
Winston
Site Admin
 
Posts: 23568
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:16 pm







Postby have2fly » Sat Dec 10, 2011 9:20 am

OMG! Come on, Winston! Why do you HAVE to be so honest? Just say you are working for IBM helping out with their SQL database services. Read Wikipedia about SQL, ladies just cannot see that stuff because it is shared in the Intranet, instead of the Internet. You not actually BS-ing, you are just keeping your info confidential. Time to grow up, man. Girls rarely, if ever, tell you the truth, especially about how many men they had or what do they really expect from relationship etc. You know it, just play their card, tell them what they want to hear. It is much easier than it seems.
have2fly
Junior Poster
 
Posts: 588
Joined: Wed Jul 21, 2010 1:42 pm

Postby Contrarian Expatriate » Sat Dec 10, 2011 11:30 am

First of all, concerns about what you do are preoccupations of gold-diggers. The way I handle it is to say I'm in "business." If they persist in asking, just throw them another nugget and say you consult in cyber commerce or something vague like that.

Finally, explain that you have a personal policy to not discuss your business activities with people you don't know very well. That serves as an incentive for them to get to know you more, and it retains some mystery that makes you more attractive.
Feel free to visit my sites and to leave your respected words of wisdom:

http://thedeclineofmyamerica.blogspot.com/

http://www.youtube.com/user/ContrarianExpatriate
Contrarian Expatriate
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1404
Joined: Thu Dec 03, 2009 5:57 am

Postby Rock » Sat Dec 10, 2011 1:54 pm

I don't think I've ever had a girl I dated press me for details about my career, except for one in HK who wanted to know my salary.

In the initial phase, she will be curious about what you do - student, work and if so, what kind, etc. But if you answer her plausibly - I work as a consultant in the computer industry OR I build and monetize websites OR I invest in and trade real estate, bonds, hedge funds, derivatives, etc. that should be sufficient. And jobs like that allow you to set your own hours and be free so it makes sense.

Over time, the girl will put 2 and 2 together. If you have cash to spend, stay in reasonable accommodation, go out to decent places for eating or entertainment sometimes, etc., she will figure your job is pretty decent. If you are always seem strapped for cash, she may not like that. Its not that she's a gold digger. But you need to have a reasonable amounts of money to spend for her to have confidence in your ability to start and raise a family. Make sense?
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 4115
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:16 pm

Re: What should I tell foreign women about my occupation?

Postby momopi » Sun Dec 11, 2011 2:51 am

Winston wrote:When I correspond with foreign women, such as women in China, they will inevitably want to know what I do and what my occupation is. Now, if I tell them that I have an online business or have online income, they will naturally want to see this "online business". And if they see this site, it could reflect negatively on me, esp if they see the photo collage, which makes me look like a playboy or sex tourist.
But even if I said something vague, like I'm an import/export specialist, or am self-employed, or a freelance writer, etc. they will still naturally want to see some evidence of what I do, and want to know more about it.
Also, if you say you are a freelancer, then it makes you look unemployed and unstable, and unsuited for starting a family with.
So how should I handle this aspect? How do you guys handle it when the question of your occupation comes up with foreign women you correspond with?
The irony in all this is that men who have great stable careers tend to have the least free time, only two weeks a year to visit these foreign women. But those with the most free time are usually the unstable ones with the least financial stability. So it's a paradox to these foreign women, isn't it? lol


1. Say you're a writer/editor. If they want examples, point them to the Korean MMO game that you worked on. Tell her that you've worked for South Korean game companies, but would like to see if there's opportunity to help Chinese software/game companies to expand into the English speaking market.

2. "Men who have great careers" include ex-pat workers stationed in China, and receiving salary levels of their home countries. There are over 1 million Taiwanese (or ROC citizens) living in China today, and many of them work for Taiwanese companies and get Taiwan-level pay while living in China, which is significantly higher than what the locals get. They have plenty of time after work to socialize and f*ck their local GF's or 2nd wives.
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 4707
Joined: Sat Sep 01, 2007 4:44 am
Location: Orange County, California

Postby Winston » Sun Dec 11, 2011 8:36 am

have2fly wrote:OMG! Come on, Winston! Why do you HAVE to be so honest? Just say you are working for IBM helping out with their SQL database services. Read Wikipedia about SQL, ladies just cannot see that stuff because it is shared in the Intranet, instead of the Internet. You not actually BS-ing, you are just keeping your info confidential. Time to grow up, man. Girls rarely, if ever, tell you the truth, especially about how many men they had or what do they really expect from relationship etc. You know it, just play their card, tell them what they want to hear. It is much easier than it seems.


Oh come on, not an SQL database programmer. If I said that, it'd make me look like a boring nerd. lol Nah ah.

I don't like to lie directly. It destroys my credibility and honor. I'd rather just try to keep it vague.
Check out the latest posts in our blog The Happier Abroaders.

Don't forget my HA Grand Ebook and Dating Sites!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
User avatar
Winston
Site Admin
 
Posts: 23568
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:16 pm

Postby Ghost » Sat Dec 17, 2011 5:59 pm

...
Last edited by Ghost on Fri Oct 28, 2016 5:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 5749
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:23 am

Postby E_Irizarry » Sat Dec 17, 2011 6:39 pm

Winston wrote:
have2fly wrote:OMG! Come on, Winston! Why do you HAVE to be so honest? Just say you are working for IBM helping out with their SQL database services. Read Wikipedia about SQL, ladies just cannot see that stuff because it is shared in the Intranet, instead of the Internet. You not actually BS-ing, you are just keeping your info confidential. Time to grow up, man. Girls rarely, if ever, tell you the truth, especially about how many men they had or what do they really expect from relationship etc. You know it, just play their card, tell them what they want to hear. It is much easier than it seems.


Oh come on, not an SQL database programmer. If I said that, it'd make me look like a boring nerd. lol Nah ah.

I don't like to lie directly. It destroys my credibility and honor. I'd rather just try to keep it vague.


See this is why women are children. C'mon repeat it with me now! See-this-is-why-wuh-myn-are-chil-dren. f**k n' chuck does not suck, Winston. It keeps you distinguished while you are gracefully aging. And it burns off those kilocalories you had stacked up in Marlon Brando mode.

You have to tell children what they want to hear. When you tell them the truth, they pout, get their underwear in a bunch, etc. See this is why I hate messing around with women whom are bald down there. It's bad enough they emulate children via the proxy of a child. Now to add overkill insult to injury, I have to eat a bald p***y as if I were looking down changing my neice's diapers?? GTFOH.

Being an I.T. professional buys you "children" for f**k n' chuck sessions. Women don't invent things but they just modify simple shit of what's already out there.

E.G. Who has invented the iPad and iPad2? Who has invented the CRT for TV sets? The only thing a woman has invented lately is Rape-X patented over there in S. Africa. Is that supposed to be an ingenious means invented to make life improved for the masses? I think not. If anything, it eggs on feminism in punishing those miscreant men monsters for wanting some p***y.
"I appreciate the opportunities I have in America. Opportunities that allow me to live abroad." **Smiles** - Have2Fly@H.A. (2013)

"The only way to overcome that is to go abroad to get a broad."
- E. Irizarry (2009)

"MGTOW resilience is the key to foreign residence. You better muthafuckin' ask somebody!!"
- E. Irizarry (2012)

"I rather be ostracized by 157.0 million (27.3% of the US of Gay pop), then to appease 1 feminist." - E. Irizarry (2013)

TanBoy by DNA | Despedido, Hugo Chavez...Descansa en paz!
E_Irizarry
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2352
Joined: Sat Jul 05, 2008 8:07 am
Location: The Corporation ( the U.S. of Gay )

Postby Winston » Fri Jan 06, 2012 3:27 pm

Momopi,
Thanks for your help. I was wondering about a few things.

1. If I tell foreign women that I'm a freelance editor, then they will think that I don't have a steady job. Doesn't that look bad?

2. If I tell them that I have an online business, then they will naturally say, "Oh really? Can I see your website? I'm curious." If I show them this site, they may think I'm a playboy. But if I don't, then they will think that I have something to hide, or maybe that I'm making it up, or that my site isn't impressive. What do you suggest then?

3. Isn't it ok to tell foreign women that I run a site promoting global dating, or run an international dating site? I mean, if you think about it, they are trying to date internationally too, so in that sense, they too are part of the Global Dating Movement that we are trying to promote here. So what could they possibly have against someone promoting it to help single men in America?

Thanks.
Check out the latest posts in our blog The Happier Abroaders.

Don't forget my HA Grand Ebook and Dating Sites!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
User avatar
Winston
Site Admin
 
Posts: 23568
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:16 pm

Re: What should I tell foreign women about my occupation?

Postby davewe » Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:20 pm

Winston wrote:I have a dilemma.

When I correspond with foreign women, such as women in China, they will inevitably want to know what I do and what my occupation is. Now, if I tell them that I have an online business or have online income, they will naturally want to see this "online business". And if they see this site, it could reflect negatively on me, esp if they see the photo collage, which makes me look like a playboy or sex tourist.

But even if I said something vague, like I'm an import/export specialist, or am self-employed, or a freelance writer, etc. they will still naturally want to see some evidence of what I do, and want to know more about it.

Also, if you say you are a freelancer, then it makes you look unemployed and unstable, and unsuited for starting a family with.

So how should I handle this aspect? How do you guys handle it when the question of your occupation comes up with foreign women you correspond with?

The irony in all this is that men who have great stable careers tend to have the least free time, only two weeks a year to visit these foreign women. But those with the most free time are usually the unstable ones with the least financial stability. So it's a paradox to these foreign women, isn't it? lol


Women may be initially curious but you control the frame on this one. When asked, I tell them I am a writer, which is true. This sounds exciting to them but rarely do they inquire further. If they do, I tell them I am a technical writer - also true. Since they don't know what a technical writer is they usually say nothing, but assume it's a good job. As Rock said, since I take them to reasonably nice places, they know I must be legit. With my current girl whom I met in PI, I even tried to tell her the Fortune 500 company I worked for, but she didn't much care. The way I treated her and the places we went said it all.
davewe
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1391
Joined: Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:21 am

Postby momopi » Sat Jan 07, 2012 6:59 pm

Winston wrote:Momopi,
Thanks for your help. I was wondering about a few things.
1. If I tell foreign women that I'm a freelance editor, then they will think that I don't have a steady job. Doesn't that look bad?
2. If I tell them that I have an online business, then they will naturally say, "Oh really? Can I see your website? I'm curious." If I show them this site, they may think I'm a playboy. But if I don't, then they will think that I have something to hide, or maybe that I'm making it up, or that my site isn't impressive. What do you suggest then?
3. Isn't it ok to tell foreign women that I run a site promoting global dating, or run an international dating site? I mean, if you think about it, they are trying to date internationally too, so in that sense, they too are part of the Global Dating Movement that we are trying to promote here. So what could they possibly have against someone promoting it to help single men in America?
Thanks.


Tell them that you're a contractor, and if they want to see your work, show them the Korean MMO that you worked on.
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 4707
Joined: Sat Sep 01, 2007 4:44 am
Location: Orange County, California

Postby smallcheese » Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:53 am

I usually tell women that I'm a consultant who helps companies leverage computers and information technology in their business. Then I mention some of the big companies I've worked for in the past, e.g. HSBC, Johnson and Johnson, Citibank, etc. If they ask for more details I can get more technical but usually this suffices and is impressive enough. And as others have said, if you meet, they'll learn more about you when they see how you treat her and how much you spend on food, hotels, tours, etc.
smallcheese
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 151
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2012 6:42 am
Location: Citizen of the world, currently in Hong Kong

Postby Winston » Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:45 pm

I have an idea. What if I remove the links to the photo collage from the navigation links on the home page, and just leave them on subpages? That way, it'll make it harder for first time visitors to find it. If I do that, then maybe this site will be more safe to share with foreign women, since they won't find that photo collage and think that I'm a player. Would that be a good idea? Or would it compromise the main selling piece of this site? What do you think?
Check out the latest posts in our blog The Happier Abroaders.

Don't forget my HA Grand Ebook and Dating Sites!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
User avatar
Winston
Site Admin
 
Posts: 23568
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:16 pm


Return to Questions and Advice

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest