ONE SHOT! What's your opinion? I have $30K to spend!

Ask questions and get advice. Disclaimer: Any advice you take here is at your own risk. We are not liable for any consequences you might incur from following advice here. Note: Before posting your question, do a search for it in the Google Search box at the top to see if it's been addressed.

I have $30K to spend ! Where to spend it ?

Phillipines
38%
Turkey
No votes
Ukraine
No votes
Cambodia
13%
Bogota
38%
Vietnam
No votes
China
13%
Romania
No votes
Poland
No votes
Italy
No votes
Northern Florida
No votes

Total votes: 8
Timetofly
Freshman Poster

ONE SHOT! What's your opinion? I have $30K to spend!

Post by Timetofly »

So I am 45, look 35, good looking but no greek god. Work in Tech Support and have saved $30K.

I want to go somewhere and settle in, maybe start a small business or do some IT work remotely or actually work there as a teacher or whatever !

I would like to settle in and join the dating scene till I find a good woman to start a family with a younger lady (25-30). Once my $30k is spent I will need to return to the us to work, unless I am working abroad by then.

So is this possible to do and for how long ?

And where would be the best place to settle/look for suitable dates?

Or should I do a hopping tour - hop around to 5or 6 countries ?

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: ONE SHOT ! What's your opinion ? I have $30K to spend

Post by jamesbond »

Timetofly wrote:So I am 45, look 35, good looking but no greek god. Work in Tech Support and have saved $30K.

I want to go somewhere and settle in, maybe start a small business or do some IT work remotely or actually work there as a teacher or whatever !

I would like to settle in and join the dating scene till I find a good woman to start a family with a younger lady (25-30). Once my $30k is spent I will need to return to the us to work, unless I am working abroad by then.

So is this possible to do and for how long ?

And where would be the best place to settle/look for suitable dates?
It all depends on what type of women you are interested in. If you like Asian women, then the Philippines is for you. If you like white women then eastern Europe and Russia is for you.

I have heard of guys who had almost no money and they managed to move overseas and find a job pretty quickly. Most of them became teachers, I am not sure what the pay is like for teachers in foreign countries, I am sure there are guys here who can shed more light on this subject.
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
Iawesome60
Freshman Poster

Post by Iawesome60 »

Choose a country where you have the best chance of getting a job. Also, make sure you can take care of yourself enough in that particular country. You want to get a job where you can make enough money to survive and you are able to pay the bills. You have to have bills for groceries, phone, gas for car (if you are able to get a car), clothes, rent, and etcetera. I concur with jamesbond, you should also choose which nationality/race of women you prefer.

I did not vote because I do not know what your preferences are and I do not want to pick a country that does not give you the best opportunities.
There aren't many attractive women (inside and outside) in America. A man wants a physically attractive woman with attractive personality traits. American women usually don't have that combination.

Ever since I found Winston's website and read the information on there, my life has been much easier and I've been a MUCH more happier person!

No matter how good she looks, some other guy is sick and tired of putting up with her crap. ~Author Unknown (Quote about women)
Think Different
Junior Poster

Post by Think Different »

If you're trying to start a new life, that means spending a lot of money potentially, so your money will go further if you stick to countries with a lower cost of living. That means leave the US and western Europe OUT. Your 30K in Italy will last you 1 year, tops. Italy is VERY expensive. If you're looking to find a wife and raise a family, then I'd personally stick with a traditional country, where the women are doting, and not just looking for a good time/sugar daddy. That leaves most of Eastern Europe out (also Turkey...plus, are you going to try to marry a Muslim woman?...) From what I understand, you'll get the most mileage out of Bogota and Philippines, but not having been to either place, I can only go on what other guys have said. Romania is cheap, but it's very poor and rural with not much to do. Bogota is closer to the US and nearly every American knows at least a couple phrases in Spanish. Plus, you're surrounded by a bunch of other countries that speak Spanish, which is a practical language and useful language to learn. Romanian isn't. My vote is for Bogota.
onezero4u
Freshman Poster

Post by onezero4u »

since youre on a tight budget, i would pick a cheap place to live (to maximize your time overseas living frugally) where your skills can land you a job...id forget country hopping b/c that will eat up your 30k in no time.

good luck!
marriage is a 3 ring circus: engagement ring, wedding ring and then suffering.