I've just been offered $15K for a fake Russian marriage.

Ask questions and get advice. Disclaimer: Any advice you take here is at your own risk. We are not liable for any consequences you might incur from following advice here. Note: Before posting your question, do a search for it in the Google Search box at the top to see if it's been addressed.
Guyver
Freshman Poster

I've just been offered $15K for a fake Russian marriage.

Post by Guyver »

I'm not kidding here. Today at work, out of the blue, I was eating lunch with my department consisting of 2 Russians and one Ukrainian and me. The Ukrainian guy happens to be my boss, and the two Russians are married (actual marriage between the man and woman). Keep in mind that I know all of them personally. My boss just says to me casually "you want to marry a Russian girl?" Then he laughs and proceeds to tell me it would be a fake marriage, and I'm supposed to get money out of the deal and she gets the green card. Note that she knows the Russian girl that I work with who moved here last year to be with her now Russian husband and work at the business.

I guess my question is WHAT THE f**k?? Do any of you guys have experience with this? If I were to go for it, then would I have to legally live with her for the 2-3 years or whatever it takes to get her citizenship??? I'm at a loss guys, and I need your input. I told them to give me 24 hours to sit on it.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

odbo
Veteran Poster

Post by odbo »

Do it! 15 grand in this economy for not doing jack shit!? :D
I would take that money and use it to bribe a European girl to "marry" me to become eligible for EU citizenship.
FYI I have no experience in this but on the surface it's not a bad idea.
lookin4happiness
Freshman Poster

Post by lookin4happiness »

definitely don't do it. It will become a royal pain in the ass for you and could end up getting you in major trouble and thus hinder your ability to move abroad and get a real wife in the near future! I had a women offer me like 10k in Nepal to marry her and bring her to the U.S. I am glad I didn't do it.
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: I've just been offered $15K for a fake Russian marriage.

Post by Contrarian Expatriate »

Guyver wrote:I'm not kidding here. Today at work, out of the blue, I was eating lunch with my department consisting of 2 Russians and one Ukrainian and me. The Ukrainian guy happens to be my boss, and the two Russians are married (actual marriage between the man and woman). Keep in mind that I know all of them personally. My boss just says to me casually "you want to marry a Russian girl?" Then he laughs and proceeds to tell me it would be a fake marriage, and I'm supposed to get money out of the deal and she gets the green card. Note that she knows the Russian girl that I work with who moved here last year to be with her now Russian husband and work at the business.

I guess my question is WHAT THE f**k?? Do any of you guys have experience with this? If I were to go for it, then would I have to legally live with her for the 2-3 years or whatever it takes to get her citizenship??? I'm at a loss guys, and I need your input. I told them to give me 24 hours to sit on it.
Don't even think about it. A sham marriage is a federal felony and people go to jail all the time because of it. USCIS knows how to detect it and you stand the chance of being discovered. Also, vengeful people send tip offs to USCIS all the time about sham marriages and that does them in.

If you go through with it, you deserve what you get. The last thing this country needs is another Russian woman who thinks she is above the law.
davewe
Experienced Poster

Re: I've just been offered $15K for a fake Russian marriage.

Post by davewe »

Contrarian Expatriate wrote:
Guyver wrote:I'm not kidding here. Today at work, out of the blue, I was eating lunch with my department consisting of 2 Russians and one Ukrainian and me. The Ukrainian guy happens to be my boss, and the two Russians are married (actual marriage between the man and woman). Keep in mind that I know all of them personally. My boss just says to me casually "you want to marry a Russian girl?" Then he laughs and proceeds to tell me it would be a fake marriage, and I'm supposed to get money out of the deal and she gets the green card. Note that she knows the Russian girl that I work with who moved here last year to be with her now Russian husband and work at the business.

Don't even think about it. A sham marriage is a federal felony and people go to jail all the time because of it. USCIS knows how to detect it and you stand the chance of being discovered. Also, vengeful people send tip offs to USCIS all the time about sham marriages and that does them in.

If you go through with it, you deserve what you get. The last thing this country needs is another Russian woman who thinks she is above the law.
Exactly. It's fraud and you don't wanna mess with immigration. Coincidentally this week's episode of House was exactly about this, except House was getting 30k.

Dont do it!
Guyver
Freshman Poster

Guess I know the answer

Post by Guyver »

The general consensus is a definite no as I expected it to be. Every fiber in me is screaming danger, and I was pretty much leaning towards no the whole time. I still find it weird that they would just offer it to me from out of no where like that. This whole thing is one big joke. I'm not even going to take it seriously.
odbo
Veteran Poster

Post by odbo »

The sad thing is all the captain save-a-hoes out there would do it for free. But as soon as they hear they will be rewarded their mindset changes to "NO! Evil scammer!"
Contrarian Expatriate wrote: The last thing this country needs is another Russian woman who thinks she is above the law.
Immigrants tend to think they are above the law, (except for the ones from Western Europe). They take advantage of the system and corrupt services they are granted, especially schools and colleges. This is obviously detrimental to the host country. At the same time westerners are total sheep when it comes to following laws, even refusing to J-walk in suburban towns with no cars, and need to learn a few lessons from these parasitic immigrants. In other words we need more people who think they are above the law. If only the law breakers focused on refusing unconstitutional regulations not raping benefits and exploiting loop-holes like the "good faith principle" for short-term personal gain.

"When injustice becomes law, rebellion becomes duty."
Guyver wrote:Every fiber in me is screaming danger.
Always follow your gut feeling/instinct, it knows better than anyone. However you asked for opinions and to me it's really not that big a deal. Maybe because I'm not a sheep or an old fart and I have little loyalty to this glorified slave farm. Tons of people pretend to live in a friend's or relative's house so they can go to high school in more expensive neighborhoods. Of course the penalty for that is non-existent compared to this, but if you're not 100% sure you won't get caught you shouldn't be doing it anyways. In my opinion it all depends on the intelligence of the woman. If you're dealing with a moron, especially an over-confident one, you're asking for trouble no matter what the deed and how much reassurance they give you. "You can't fix stupid." "Stupid is as stupid does." And so on... "Never under-estimate the predictability of stupidity."
Think Different
Junior Poster

Post by Think Different »

You're crazy if you do this. If this chick is willing to defraud the US government, don't you think she'd defraud you without batting an eye? Once you're legally married, she'll get her green card and then take 50% of everything you have. Is that really worth a measly 15K? Plus, you'll have a permanent record (felony, after all...) you'll probably get prison time, and also never likely be eligible for a US passport, meaning you're stuck in the US permanently (unless you bribe a foreigner to marry you and take you to THEIR country...)

Plus, do you really want the humiliation of having a Russian girl (and her male controller/friend) using you as such a tool? Wouldn't that be a massive blow to your ego as a man? It sure would be to mine.
Ned Zeppelin
Freshman Poster

Post by Ned Zeppelin »

I would not do it now for sure after you went and posted on a website about it. Honestly, that was pretty stupid. For all you know immigration could be monitoring this site because it is about foreign marriages after all.
Guyver
Freshman Poster

Post by Guyver »

I just turned them down today, so you guys can just chill the f**k out. It was kind of a no brainer because I felt something was fishy from the beginning. I didn't even know it was a felony until you guys told me about it.

Ned, do you really think immigration has the resources to monitor every site and every post there is on foreign anything? Exactly how many sites are there in the web on stuff like this that they would have to track? Get real dude. Not that any of it matters because I never wanted to go through with it to begin with. Only reason I created this topic was because I wanted honest input and to learn more about it. Anyways, I want to thank you guys for your answers.
Ned Zeppelin
Freshman Poster

Post by Ned Zeppelin »

I don't think that but it is possible. At least you made the right choice. They could have even been undercover or anything. Government does some shady shit.
keius
Freshman Poster

Post by keius »

Too cheap. The going rate for Chinese fake marriages was always around $40k in the past. I hear the current going rate for Fukinese (Fuzhou) is currently at the $50k range, assuming everything is successful that is. And they are supposed to pay for your trip to China (possibly 2 trips), the fake wedding pics, fake vacation, etc. Embassy guys are very good at spotting the fake marriages though...problem is, i've seen them burn alot of ppl who had real marriages or legit fiance visa's as well.

I've been offered $40k in the past. I was never desperate enough to try something like that and i'm glad i never did (as i'm happily married nowadays) since it could've had a real effect when I went through the real fiance visa process. I can see some semi-poor schmuck doing something like that though... the poor ones usually don't get those kind of offers as having a decent income increases the chances of it being successful.
odbo
Veteran Poster

Post by odbo »

Guyver wrote:I didn't even know it was a felony until you guys told me about it.
Assume it is and act accordingly because in the US virtually every infringement is a felony now. Keep in mind that it doesn't have to make sense, take for instance the fact that there are millions of illegal immigrants in the US. Some are even going to college and getting financial aid.
Guyver wrote:do you really think immigration has the resources to monitor every site and every post there is on foreign anything?
Not immigration specifically but other arms of the government have the resources. Then all it takes is an employee (or just a vindictive asshole reading through this thread) to call the authorities, even the local police, and they will trace the post through your ISP. Then if you were "getting married" you would already have a huge red flag. People doing shady shit should never post from home and even then anonymity is hardly guaranteed because catching you from a library or internet cafe is not much harder.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Where would this $15k come from? Who would be paying it? Were they serious? Does it include sex too, if you live with her? lol Is she even hot?

What kind of company do you work for that has a Russian boss?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
zacb
Experienced Poster

Post by zacb »

Yeah they do have the resources. I don't know about ICE or any similar agency, but I remember hearing a few months back on infowars that DHS was ordering social media software to monitor certain sites and trying in counterbalance bad opinions with good opinion of the agency. Also, they could use the social media accounts as "sock puppets" at have one person controlling more than one.

Even if that is not true, they have been watching the rating of their agencies online and keeping tabs. So is it possible? Maybe.
The Daily Agorist, Learn to Live Independent of the System! http://www.theagoristreview.blogspot.com