Two Foreign Languages Every American Man Should Learn

Ask questions and get advice. Disclaimer: Any advice you take here is at your own risk. We are not liable for any consequences you might incur from following advice here. Note: Before posting your question, do a search for it in the Google Search box at the top to see if it's been addressed.
Mr S
Veteran Poster

Post by Mr S »

http://www.rooshv.com/

By Roosh

There is no stopping the rapid degradation of the USA, both with its economy and women. In short time a large portion of the male population will be unable to find a good job or a good woman, despite their best efforts. The smarter ones will pull the eject lever and parachute down to a foreign land where more professional and sexual opportunities can be found.

As I’ve written here many times before, you can’t expect to arrive in a foreign country and make it rain with only speaking in English. I can’t say anything about the level of fluency you’ll need for establishing a foreign career, but with sex you need basic knowledge of the local language, especially outside of Europe.

Having to learn a new language for every country you go to is impractical, so you want to get some bang for your buck. The language you choose to learn should have the following benefits:

be spoken by a large percentage of the world population
be a stepping stone to other desirable languages
be spoken in countries with beautiful women

The two languages that best fit the above requirements are Spanish and Russian.

Being able to speak Spanish is as close you’ll get to having a superpower: there are 20 countries that speak it, homes to the biggest bootied women in the world. An added bonus is that Spanish is very close to Portuguese, unlocking three additional countries for rape and pillage (Brazil, Portugal, and Angola). If you’re conversational in Spanish, it will only take you a couple months of intensive study to achieve the same in Portuguese as well. Both of these languages also give you a running start for the other Romance languages: Romanian, Catalan, French, and Italian.

Spanish is hands-down the easiest language for English speakers to learn. Attempting it as your first foreign language is worth your time because you have to learn how to learn a language, as strange as that may sound. In your Spanish studies you’ll develop tighter language habits that help you for much harder Russian.

Russian is the language spoken by the most feminine women left on the planet. Unfortunately, it’s hard as balls. Besides the cyrillic alphabet, you have noun cases, gendered verbs and nouns, comparative adjectives, difficult pronunciations, and all sorts of other crazy shit you don’t see in English. However, learning it will open up a whole new world of Former Soviet Union (FSU) p***y, such as Belarus, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan, Ukraine, Turkmenistan, and Uzbekistan. You probably know nothing of these countries, but guess what: neither do most of your countrymen. There are no cheap RyanAir or EasyJet flights. There are no stag parties. There are no Australians getting drunk in hostels. These are pristine but challenging places that have women you can’t find anywhere else.

As an added bonus, Russian is similar to Bulgarian, Serbo-Croatian, and to a lesser extent, Polish and Czech. Russian will give you the grammatical foundation to more easily learn these other tough languages. You’ll be shocked at how far you can get with a language such as Russian from studying only one hour a day. As for Spanish, studying one hour a day for three months will enable you to start having real conversations.

My advice to you is to learn Spanish first. Make it a project for the next 2-3 years. Take 1 or 2 trips a year to Latin America and work on your world game. Dabble a little in Portuguese and Brazilian poonani. If you’re content with Latin women then carve out a niche while seeking employment opportunities that are sure to open up with your increasing fluency. When you’re ready for something new and even more challenging, Russian and the former Soviet Union awaits you.

Recommended Resources For Learning Spanish

Pimsleur Spanish (Units 1-3) – three units of Pimsleur give a great language foundation
Madrigal’s Magic Key To Spanish – intuitive, easy approach
Spanish Verb Tenses Activity Book – a million exercises that drill Spanish verbs into your brain
Easy Spanish Reader – progressively harder reads

Recommended Resources For Leaning Russian

Pimsleur Russian (Units 1-3)
New Penguin Russian Course – the best Russian textbook (not like there’s a lot of choice anyway)
RussianPod101 – tons of downloadable audio programs, fairly priced

Again, start with Spanish first. Success there will give you the confidence that you’ll need to tackle Russian.
"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." Marcus Aurelius, Roman Emperor and stoic philosopher, 121-180 A.D.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

Convincing. Thanks.
"Well actually, she's not REALLY my daughter. But she does like to call me Daddy... at certain moments..."
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

I'd also add that Spanish is probably one of the easiest languages to learn and speak for English speakers.
patrick
Freshman Poster

Post by patrick »

if i would study a new language it would probably Russian. So many interesting countries where you can use it and where no-one speaks English.
IMO you don't really need to study Spanish, just use a phrasebook and some English will get you around.
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Contrarian Expatriate »

I speak Spanish already. I learned it for work and I wish I had studied something else.

Latin America is my least favorite region, and their women suck IMO.

I agree that Russian is a far more useful language for my purposes.
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

Pah, what do those alphas know? Learn Mandarin Chinese and you can date goddesses of women.
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.
Jvargasbronx
Freshman Poster

Post by Jvargasbronx »

The spanish language is easy to learn at the beginning but on expert level it'll get hard but in the end its worth the effort.
Robert77
Freshman Poster

Post by Robert77 »

colombia, venezuela, argetina, spain have on average VERY GOOD LOOKING WOMEN, much better than american women or other latin countries, so if you speak spanish you'll be on top of your game when it comes to getting women there.

Plus portuguese is like a broken spanish, so it wont be hard to make yourself understood in brazil

and if you speak english it's one of the easiest languages to learn.
World traveler, questions about women from a certain country? Ask!!! I can help
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

I speak both of these among others but make sure you have some money or a good source of income to go along with that. Also, if you shorter than 5'6" maybe learning Tagalog would be better for you.
Russian is now a colonial language much like English or Spanish. It is spoken by some 140 million people outside of Russia. Countries like Ukraine and Kazakhstan tried to get rid of it but could not. Too ingrained by now.
To those who are learning Russian I would give the same advice that I received when I was learning Arabic- learn broken Arabic with no grammar. Just learn it. Later on you will correct it as you go along. Same with Russian. In Moscow you can meet many Asian people from Uzbekistan, native Siberians, Azeris, etc. They all speak Russian fluently but wrongly- the grammar is all messed up. Same with Africans in Ukraine. The language is broken but flowing. They can explain everything they want.
If an uneducated Uzbek fruit vendor can speak fluent but accented and wrong Russian and still communicate everything he needs, so can you.
So don't get caught up in all these niceties. Use phrase books, make sentences in your head and just talk wrong but talk.

This is my poem about Spanish. Don't let this happen to you!

Spanish Language vs. Language of Money.

When I was young
I had a dream-
To fall in love
On distant shores.

My teachers said to me
"You need
To learn the language
-It opens doors".

If local cultures
You respect,
The people will
Appreciate it-

You will have friends
And go on dates,
And you will never
Be frustrated...

And then I bought
A Spanish book
To help me learn
That graceful tongue.

I then that project
Undertook-
I studied hard,
I studied long.

And then in Spanish
I became
A fluent speaker
In a year.

I spoke it well
And felt no shame
To make myself
To others clear.

And to a sultry land
I went.
To fall in love
I hoped immensely,

With swarthy maidens,
Hand in hand,
Walk on the beach
And kiss intensely.

But even though
In Espanol
I could converse,
I did not score.

If fact, I kissed
No one at all
And moped alone
Upon the shore.

"What was the problem?"
You will ask.
You see, it wasn't
My appearance

Or language-that
Was one such task
That needs no tongue
Or perseverance.

I saw some other
Tourists there
That spoke
No Spanish, not a word.

And they were fat
And had no hair,
Each one just looking
Like a nerd.

But boy, each one
Would have a girl
That made me boil
With jealous fury.

In Spanish dances
They would whirl,
Their noses
In their breasts
They'd bury.

Why, why not me?
I'm handsome,
Young,
And I speak Spanish
Like a native,

I 'm kind
And gentle, not high-strung,
And friendly, humble
And creative.

But that was not
What those girls
Would look for in
A Gringo tourist-

I had no job
No cash, no pearls-
In fact, I was among
The poorest.

And since no money
They could smell,
Down their noises
At me they sneered,

Although I spoke
The Spanish well
Like one big loser
I appeared

To most of them.
Oh, boy, it sucks!
I learned my lesson
All too late

In Latin countries
It's your bucks
And not the language
That gets the date.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

ladislav wrote:I speak both of these among others but make sure you have some money or a good source of income to go along with that. Also, if you shorter than 5'6" maybe learning Tagalog would be better for you.
Russian is now a colonial language much like English or Spanish. It is spoken by some 140 million people outside of Russia. Countries like Ukraine and Kazakhstan tried to get rid of it but could not. Too ingrained by now.
To those who are learning Russian I would give the same advice that I received when I was learning Arabic- learn broken Arabic with no grammar. Just learn it. Later on you will correct it as you go along. Same with Russian. In Moscow you can meet many Asian people from Uzbekistan, native Siberians, Azeris, etc. They all speak Russian fluently but wrongly- the grammar is all messed up. Same with Africans in Ukraine. The language is broken but flowing. They can explain everything they want.
If an uneducated Uzbek fruit vendor can speak fluent but accented and wrong Russian and still communicate everything he needs, so can you.
So don't get caught up in all these niceties. Use phrase books, make sentences in your head and just talk wrong but talk.

This is my poem about Spanish. Don't let this happen to you!

Spanish Language vs. Language of Money.

When I was young
I had a dream-
To fall in love
On distant shores.

My teachers said to me
"You need
To learn the language
-It opens doors".

If local cultures
You respect,
The people will
Appreciate it-

You will have friends
And go on dates,
And you will never
Be frustrated...

And then I bought
A Spanish book
To help me learn
That graceful tongue.

I then that project
Undertook-
I studied hard,
I studied long.

And then in Spanish
I became
A fluent speaker
In a year.

I spoke it well
And felt no shame
To make myself
To others clear.

And to a sultry land
I went.
To fall in love
I hoped immensely,

With swarthy maidens,
Hand in hand,
Walk on the beach
And kiss intensely.

But even though
In Espanol
I could converse,
I did not score.

If fact, I kissed
No one at all
And moped alone
Upon the shore.

"What was the problem?"
You will ask.
You see, it wasn't
My appearance

Or language-that
Was one such task
That needs no tongue
Or perseverance.

I saw some other
Tourists there
That spoke
No Spanish, not a word.

And they were fat
And had no hair,
Each one just looking
Like a nerd.

But boy, each one
Would have a girl
That made me boil
With jealous fury.

In Spanish dances
They would whirl,
Their noses
In their breasts
They'd bury.

Why, why not me?
I'm handsome,
Young,
And I speak Spanish
Like a native,

I 'm kind
And gentle, not high-strung,
And friendly, humble
And creative.

But that was not
What those girls
Would look for in
A Gringo tourist-

I had no job
No cash, no pearls-
In fact, I was among
The poorest.

And since no money
They could smell,
Down their noises
At me they sneered,

Although I spoke
The Spanish well
Like one big loser
I appeared

To most of them.
Oh, boy, it sucks!
I learned my lesson
All too late

In Latin countries
It's your bucks
And not the language
That gets the date.
+1

Winston, from now on Ladislav can not only be Chief Adviser but Poet Laureate!
Rocky Top
Freshman Poster

Post by Rocky Top »

This is the exact path I am on right now. I'll probably try to incorporate Portuguese later next year.
polya
Junior Poster

Re: Two Foreign Languages Every American Man Should Learn

Post by polya »

Mr S wrote:http://www.rooshv.com/

By Roosh
The two languages that best fit the above requirements are Spanish and Russian.

Spanish is hands-down the easiest language for English speakers to learn. Attempting it as your first foreign language is worth your time because you have to learn how to learn a language, as strange as that may sound. In your Spanish studies you’ll develop tighter language habits that help you for much harder Russian.

Russian is the language spoken by the most feminine women left on the planet. Unfortunately, it’s hard as balls. Besides the cyrillic alphabet, you have noun cases, gendered verbs and nouns, comparative adjectives, difficult pronunciations, and all sorts of other crazy sh** you don’t see in English. However, learning it will open up a whole new world of Former Soviet Union (FSU) p***y, such as Belarus, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan, Ukraine, Turkmenistan, and Uzbekistan. You probably know nothing of these countries, but guess what: neither do most of your countrymen. There are no cheap RyanAir or EasyJet flights. There are no stag parties. There are no Australians getting drunk in hostels. These are pristine but challenging places that have women you can’t find anywhere else.

As an added bonus, Russian is similar to Bulgarian, Serbo-Croatian, and to a lesser extent, Polish and Czech. Russian will give you the grammatical foundation to more easily learn these other tough languages. You’ll be shocked at how far you can get with a language such as Russian from studying only one hour a day. As for Spanish, studying one hour a day for three months will enable you to start having real conversations.

My advice to you is to learn Spanish first. Make it a project for the next 2-3 years. Take 1 or 2 trips a year to Latin America and work on your world game. Dabble a little in Portuguese and Brazilian poonani. If you’re content with Latin women then carve out a niche while seeking employment opportunities that are sure to open up with your increasing fluency. When you’re ready for something new and even more challenging, Russian and the former Soviet Union awaits you.

Recommended Resources For Learning Spanish

Again, start with Spanish first. Success there will give you the confidence that you’ll need to tackle Russian.
I've learned enough Russian to have basic conversations, but it's too hard to learn to speak fluently!! It was kind of like "ground-hog" day to keep having the same basic conversation with girl after girl. So I doubt most people will ever totally learn these languages.
"Woman is a violent and uncontrolled animal... If you allow them to achieve complete equality with men, do you think they will be easier to live with? Not at all. Once they have achieved equality, they will be your masters." Cato the Elder
Jackal
Experienced Poster

Post by Jackal »

xiongmao wrote:Pah, what do those alphas know? Learn Mandarin Chinese and you can date goddesses of women.
I agree. How about this? Men should choose 2 out of 3: Spanish, Russian, Chinese!

I would also add that in Europe, German can be quite useful because in countries like Hungary, the young people study either German or English as their main second language. I think other European countries are similar. So the people who aren't very good at English are often much better at German, and of course, many countries have German or a language which is related to German as their official language.

In America, everything German is villified, but German culture is as legitimate as any other culture, and Germany existed long before WWII!
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

In America, everything German is vilified, but German culture is as legitimate as any other culture, and Germany existed long before WWII!
Everything Russian is even more vilified. Chinese is not vilified because it would be racist to do so. But with Russia and Germany as well as with Arabs, it is an open season. They are not among the protected species.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

ladislav wrote:
In America, everything German is vilified, but German culture is as legitimate as any other culture, and Germany existed long before WWII!
Everything Russian is even more vilified. Chinese is not vilified because it would be racist to do so. But with Russia and Germany as well as with Arabs, it is an open season. They are not among the protected species.
You know as an erstwhile actor, that gives me an idea. I make a mean, tough-guy face on my headshot photo, and list language skills of Russian, German and Arabic. I know a few words of Russian and German and my accent is good.....

and of course I can shout "Y'Allah! Allahu akbar!!!!"