Trip for my son

Ask questions and get advice. Disclaimer: Any advice you take here is at your own risk. We are not liable for any consequences you might incur from following advice here. Note: Before posting your question, do a search for it in the Google Search box at the top to see if it's been addressed.
fschmidt
Elite Upper Class Poster

Trip for my son

Post by fschmidt »

My son is 16 and homeschooled. I would like him to take a trip on his own somewhere this summer. It should be somewhere that is safe, fun, and easy to travel in. Of the places that I have been to, Thailand + Malaysia + Singapore seems good. My wife prefers Japan. I haven't been to the Philippines. Any suggestions?
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

No suggestions except you and your wife pat each other on the back. Homeschooling + OT + wanting your son to be on his own and see the world.

Now that's the way to raise a man.
"Well actually, she's not REALLY my daughter. But she does like to call me Daddy... at certain moments..."
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Trip for my son

Post by zboy1 »

fschmidt wrote:My son is 16 and homeschooled. I would like him to take a trip on his own somewhere this summer. It should be somewhere that is safe, fun, and easy to travel in. Of the places that I have been to, Thailand + Malaysia + Singapore seems good. My wife prefers Japan. I haven't been to the Philippines. Any suggestions?
I've only been to S. Korea and Thailand, so I can't comment on the other Asian countries. My suggestion would be S. Korea; it's a pretty safe country, cosmopolitan, and modern as well. I recommend the capital Seoul, the DMZ up-north, and Jeju Island down south. Just tell him to avoid the drunken, misbehaving American soldiers in Itaewon, Seoul and the places they like to frequent (bars, nightclubs, prostitutes) and he should be alright. I also loved Thailand when I was there, but I went with my family so I'm not sure if he would be okay being alone in that country! There are a lot of miscreants i.e. foreigners that like to cause a lot of problems in Thailand and the country is not as crime-free as a lot of other Asian countries. Nevertheless, it's a great place to have fun and enjoy oneself and enjoy the beaches, look at the cool temples, and enjoy Thai food!

Just what exactly is the purpose of this trip? Is it for sightseeing and travel or for something else?
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

Japan is pretty safe. And he can spend all your money in Akihabara maid cafes.

I wish I'd have gone teaching English in Japan when I was in my 20's!
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.
odbo
Veteran Poster

Post by odbo »

Vietnam??? As it should be possible to get a scooter and driver's license while other nations are too reliant on public transportation and that's not fun when you can't read the language, and no taking the bus is not an "adventure". Unless you're afraid of him getting hurt on the roads. In which case I'd send him to Europe as a backpacker. He can go to Asia when he's older and has yellow fever. I don't see the point of sending a kid to a concrete jungle like Korea or Japan where life is based on mass-consumerism and fashion and a lot of things will be closed off to him.
fschmidt
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by fschmidt »

zboy1 wrote:Just what exactly is the purpose of this trip?
Jester got it:
Jester wrote:wanting your son to be on his own and see the world.
Thanks Jester.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

This is not advice, just my own thoughts without having been to Asia:

Japan - great massage, night life, tourism, see a civilization that is advanced but non-Western
Vietnam - sex, food, business opportunity, fall in love with the country
Thailand - mind-bending sex, food, freedom
Philippines - multiple girlfriends, fall in love, get engaged
Korea - drink, make friends, p4p
China - fill the senses with an alien culture, get hired and live abroad five years

I think he will benefit from any one of these experiences. Good way also to experience the knowledge of young women that a young man needs in this weird society we live in, without the guilt of seducing and abandoning someone at a young age. (For example, Moses did it, obviously, growing up in Eqypt. Like Eddie Murphy in the opening of "Coming To America"). The cool thing for him is it doesn't need any embarrassing knowledge by mom and dad.
"Well actually, she's not REALLY my daughter. But she does like to call me Daddy... at certain moments..."
pete98146
Experienced Poster

Post by pete98146 »

I've been to many countries in Asia and I'd recommend Vietnam because it's cheap, safe and won't break the bank. He could fly into Saigon, spend a few days there then take the train up to Hanoi, visit Halong Bay then zip down to Nha Trang beach for a few days and then take the train back to Saigon.

Vietnamese people are friendly, the country is rather clean, food is plentiful and good and you can get a nice hotel room for $30.

It would be cheap, educational and fun for him.
fschmidt
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by fschmidt »

Can someone compare Thailand and Vietnam? I would prefer that he doesn't drive and I know that public transportation is fine in Thailand. zboy1 wrote about crime in Thailand. Can anyone else confirm that this is a problem? Also, can anyone compare Japan and Korea?
Greetercb
Freshman Poster

Brazil

Post by Greetercb »

If you Send your son To South America Then I Recommend Brazil & the Parts of Brazil That You Should Send your Son To Is The Beaches at Both Sao Paulo & Rio De Janeiro.

Also If You & Your Son is White then Take him To the south Part Of Brazil Which is Called Rio Grande Do Sul For The White Blond Haired Ladies Who Are Of The German & Itailian Ancestry There. ( Example XUXA who is A Famous Pop Singer At Brazil.)

I Hope this Helps. :wink:
Renata
Experienced Poster

Post by Renata »

fschmidt wrote:My son is 16 and homeschooled. I would like him to take a trip on his own somewhere this summer. It should be somewhere that is safe, fun, and easy to travel in. Of the places that I have been to, Thailand + Malaysia + Singapore seems good. My wife prefers Japan. I haven't been to the Philippines. Any suggestions?
is he going alone? he should go with some mates of his, or meet online/penpal friends in the destination of choice... keep his safe.
- It's easy to give, when you know what it's like to have nothing. -

- Develop a backbone, not a wishbone. -
fschmidt
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by fschmidt »

Renata wrote:is he going alone? he should go with some mates of his, or meet online/penpal friends in the destination of choice... keep his safe.
He would go alone but stay in touch with us somehow. Anyway he decided that he doesn't want to go just yet, so I will wait until he is ready to go.
Renata
Experienced Poster

Post by Renata »

fschmidt wrote:
Renata wrote:is he going alone? he should go with some mates of his, or meet online/penpal friends in the destination of choice... keep his safe.
He would go alone but stay in touch with us somehow. Anyway he decided that he doesn't want to go just yet, so I will wait until he is ready to go.
wow I wish you were my daddy LOL ... that's really cool you know

my first trip abroad I paid for it myself & they didn't help me to get my passport purely because they didn't want me going anywhere. Had to do it all on my own; visas everything.
- It's easy to give, when you know what it's like to have nothing. -

- Develop a backbone, not a wishbone. -
E_Irizarry
Veteran Poster

Post by E_Irizarry »

Renata wrote:
fschmidt wrote:
wow I wish you were my daddy LOL ... that's really cool you know

my first trip abroad I paid for it myself & they didn't help me to get my passport purely because they didn't want me going anywhere. Had to do it all on my own; visas everything.
Wow.
"I appreciate the opportunities I have in America. Opportunities that allow me to live abroad." **Smiles** - Have2Fly@H.A. (2013)

"The only way to overcome that is to go abroad to get a broad."
- E. Irizarry (2009)

"MGTOW resilience is the key to foreign residence. You better muthafuckin' ask somebody!!"
- E. Irizarry (2012)

"I rather be ostracized by 157.0 million (27.3% of the US of Gay pop), then to appease 1 feminist." - E. Irizarry (2013)

TanBoy by DNA | Despedido, Hugo Chavez...Descansa en paz!
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

Don't forget, Fschmidt is a self-made millionaire, he is American, and he knows what deprivation of sex is like. However, I know Fschmidt fairly well, and this is not a full list of countries he has visited. What is with only listing the Asian countries? Why not just Mexico city or Guad? Or is it the familiarity with Spanish?

I have never been to any part of Asia, but my understanding is that English is rarely spoken, and I'd imagine even navigation would be difficult. My two personal options are Japan and China. I would think some second tier cities (as opposed to Tokyo) or Okinawa. Maybe visit some Samurai, Martial arts and Buddhist sites. In China, also probably a secondary city. No idea where though.

I am not much of a fan of the Asian phenotype personally, but I am sure it varies greatly and there must be some very hot ones somewhere.

Check out Randy. His son studied with S. Korean babes and has visited. Give him a PM.
A good man is above pettiness. He is better than that.