Doctor in need of advice- rejections due to height

Ask questions and get advice. Disclaimer: Any advice you take here is at your own risk. We are not liable for any consequences you might incur from following advice here. Note: Before posting your question, do a search for it in the Google Search box at the top to see if it's been addressed.
colibri
Freshman Poster

gee

Post by colibri »

:P thats!! 1.65 cm ! that aint too short ! short would be 1.50 !
If God is watching us, the least we can do is be entertaining.
davewe
Experienced Poster

Post by davewe »

ShortDoctor37 wrote:My hair is cut every three weeks. Short on the sides and back, and medium on top (I can't really describe a haircut well haha). Also no problems far as I can tell on the hygiene front. I would like to think I am moderately handsome, or at the very least not hideous and I work out about 3-4 times a week. I don't know if this matters or not, but most of the women I try to pursue are white, whereas I am Asian. The Asian girls I have pursued in the past were either in my class or worked as residents and in some cases nurses. For the most part, I found the halfway attractive Asian girls either went for the doctors who were already studs (tall, dark and handsome) or went for a very "rugged" white guy who they would try to "civilize" (their words, not mine). I am not saying I never had any options available to me, but at the risk of sounding shallow, they were mostly either overweight or really did not care about their appearance even at a basic level (noticeable hair on the lip, BO, etc).

The white women I have pursued are all career oriented types (aged 27-34), which I guess was a stupid decision on my part. I had thought that since they also had relatively busy schedules and careers they were dedicated to, we would have something in common. But that also probably is what makes my earning potential and "status" less attractive to them. They definitely want it all. A great career and a trophy husband. Actually scratch that, I can't honestly say what they want. I have tried to guess and adapt in the past, but it never really works. I like the "girl next door" type, but most of them are waiting for that nerdy-but-not-really prince to sweep them off their feet.
Hey Doc (not gonna call you short Doc, cause that doesn't feel right to me). The real issue is this. Do you want these American women? Somewhere between the guy who says you can do whatever you want if you have confidence and the guy who says nothing will help is the truth. But so what? Who will you end up with? Someone probably not worthy of you anyway.

I have to assume you make more than enough cash to get on a plane, so that should be your strategy.

You can buy thousands of dollars in fishing equipment but if the fishing hole is dry you aren't gonna catching anything. And when the fishing hole is teaming with fish, all you have to do is stick your hand in there.

So stop worrying about what you're doing wrong here and start finding a better fishing hole - or any other kind of hole that suits your fancy. I wanna hear a trip report from you soon - and I hope it's graphic :)
Repatriate
Veteran Poster

Post by Repatriate »

ShortDoctor37 wrote:My hair is cut every three weeks. Short on the sides and back, and medium on top (I can't really describe a haircut well haha). Also no problems far as I can tell on the hygiene front. I would like to think I am moderately handsome, or at the very least not hideous and I work out about 3-4 times a week. I don't know if this matters or not, but most of the women I try to pursue are white, whereas I am Asian. The Asian girls I have pursued in the past were either in my class or worked as residents and in some cases nurses. For the most part, I found the halfway attractive Asian girls either went for the doctors who were already studs (tall, dark and handsome) or went for a very "rugged" white guy who they would try to "civilize" (their words, not mine). I am not saying I never had any options available to me, but at the risk of sounding shallow, they were mostly either overweight or really did not care about their appearance even at a basic level (noticeable hair on the lip, BO, etc).
Don't even bother with these women it's just a total waste of time especially someone with your status. I guarantee you things are much better overseas and you will be appreciated.
Christianfilipinacom
Freshman Poster

short or tall not important

Post by Christianfilipinacom »

I think you have gotten confused and are taking one nurse's comment too seriously. It's possible, of course, that you might have some kind of negativity complex and seek out people who specifically are not interested in you, however this seems unlikely. If you are looking for a fling, there are many people on this forum who can offer better advice than I can. If on the other hand you are looking for a long-term relationship, there are several things you need to remember. 1. You need to consider someone's values and lifestyle as more important than their looks or initial reactions. 2. Many ladies appreciate a slow approach to courtship. This is true worldwide. It might mean that you can say something nice to them once a week for a few weeks, then twice a week for a few weeks, and now at week 5 ask to invite her for something simple and fun, week 6 something finally romantic like a nice dinner, and don't forget to give her a kiss afterwards when you say goodbye.
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

Most Filipino guys particularly in the central region are 5'5". In VN they are even shorter. All have women. Case closed!
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

I'm 5' 6" - height is one thing women DO seek in a man.

Of course it's all relative and you just need to date shorter women! In my case 5' 3" women are the tallest I really go for. Just date Filipinas - some on my site are 4' 5". God, they must be tiny. These petite girls are very sexy though, and if they ever start nagging you just pick them up and put them in their place lol.
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.