Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.

Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife

View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

Is life better for men without having kids?

Ask questions and get advice, or share advice. Disclaimer: Any advice you take here is at your own risk. We are not liable for any consequences you might incur from following someone's advice here.
Note: Before posting your question, do a search for it in the Google Search box at the top to see if it's already been addressed.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Postby Winston » Mon Dec 23, 2013 11:49 pm

jamesbond wrote:
Boner_Jones wrote:so... if you don't have kids... who will care for you when you're old? Cause you might need help and maybe you can't afford to stay in an retirement home...

So if you're 60,70,80 then what? what's life like then when you're all alone?

I have thought about this too. What is life like if you don't have kids and your old and all alone and don't have any children to look after you?

Isn't that a myth? Most adults in the US don't take care of their parents in old age. They don't have the time and are too busy with their own families. Most American adults rarely even see their parents. My cousin is a lawyer in Las Vegas but he won't even see his own mother in the same city. He just doesn't give a shit. When she needs a ride to the airport, he won't even help.

So you can't depend on that, at least not in the US. Why not save up your money and hire a maid to take care of you. Or do that overseas where maids are cheaper? Or keep fit and healthy so you can move even when you're old? The guy who invented The Juiceman is 90 yet still very fit, active and energetic because he juices his vegetables everyday.

You gotta maximize your life while you're still young. Not sacrifice everything just for security in old age. That's not a way to live.
Check out the latest posts in our blog The Happier Abroaders.

Don't forget my HA Grand Ebook and Dating Sites!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
Winston
Site Admin

Postby Contrarian Expatriate » Tue Dec 24, 2013 7:17 am

I am 47 and without kids. I have not regretted it one bit. In fact, I love the wealth I have been able to accumulate. I love that I can take 4 international trips per year. I love that I live a leisurely existance outside of work.

Kids are overrated. They are a burden and a huge expense. People with huge ego need children to give them what they think is immortality.

I am starting to believe that children are the biological imperative of women and the men who are bamboozled by those women.
Feel free to visit my sites and to leave your respected words of wisdom:

http://thedeclineofmyamerica.blogspot.com/

http://www.youtube.com/user/ContrarianExpatriate
Contrarian Expatriate
Experienced Poster

Postby tre » Tue Dec 24, 2013 8:33 pm

I like children when they are between the ages of 3 and 10. They are cute, innocent and fun. The older they get past the age of 10 the less I get along with them. Between the ages of 13 and 18, they are a nightmare IMO...especially girls. I do not think I will ever have children. When I was younger and more energetic, it was definitely on my "to do" list. However, the older I get, the more daunting that task looks to me. I am also very worried about the future and would feel irresponsible to bring children into a world that is about to collapse. I already have 13 nieces and nephews from YOUNGER siblings with two more on the way. I think that is enough...I don't need to be adding to it.

Since I am planning on teaching at an International School, I will focus on teaching the age range I prefer. I will be able to do my part in helping them live better lives. I think this makes more sense than to add to a population that is ripe for depopulation by corrupt outside forces.

The benefit of being a teacher is that you do get to help children and give them a better chance at success in life. However, you also earn money instead of spending it. Everyday after work you get to relax and take care of yourself (exercise, further education, etc).. At this point in my life, I don't know that I'd survive the huge weight of responsibility that raising children (correctly) involves...
tre
Junior Poster

Postby E Irizarry R&B Singer » Sun Jan 05, 2014 1:40 pm

Contrarian Expatriate wrote:I am 47 and without kids. I have not regretted it one bit. In fact, I love the wealth I have been able to accumulate. I love that I can take 4 international trips per year. I love that I live a leisurely existance outside of work.

Kids are overrated. They are a burden and a huge expense. People with huge ego need children to give them what they think is immortality.

I am starting to believe that children are the biological imperative of women and the men who are bamboozled by those women.

#[My]AmericanIdol :-D
It's time to expatriate to evade your fate; it's time to expatriate before the barn door permanently closes on "US" sheep.
Debut mixtape "The Skilled Neophyte of RNB (x64)" dropping Spring 2016 - Follow me on Twitter @eirizarryRNB
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Veteran Poster

Previous

Return to Questions and Advice