Best place for people with autism

Ask questions and get advice. Disclaimer: Any advice you take here is at your own risk. We are not liable for any consequences you might incur from following advice here. Note: Before posting your question, do a search for it in the Google Search box at the top to see if it's been addressed.
zacb
Experienced Poster

Best place for people with autism

Post by zacb »

Hi,
First time poster, been lurking for a bit. I have a question that I tried asking at another forum but did not get a good answer. What is the best country to expat to if you have asperger syndrome? One of the main accommodations is social inclusion, which in the US kinda sucks honestly. Thanks
FlyingMoose
Freshman Poster

Post by FlyingMoose »

I think the Philippines might be a good bet. You might want to visit some places and see how you like them. With that said, I'd be interested in other people's answer to this question.
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

The answer is Japan of course. Go to Akihabara and you'll struggle to find anyone who doesn't have asperger's.

South Korea might be a runner up.

Geeky guys are generally a lot more popular in Asia assuming you can hold down a good salaryman job.
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.
zacb
Experienced Poster

Post by zacb »

Any thoughts on south america?
The Daily Agorist, Learn to Live Independent of the System! http://www.theagoristreview.blogspot.com
lavezzi
Junior Poster

Post by lavezzi »

First off, stop limiting yourself to a false label put on you by a control-freak system, then think about women.
zacb
Experienced Poster

Post by zacb »

All I am trying to say is that what countries are generally more accepting of "x " behavior. Most of the time I don't focus on it, but I don't want to end up depressed in another country without a ticket out. The whole point of moving abroad (at least in this forum) is to improve your quality of life. But back to the label. I generally don't label it. It is just where I live I feel like a square peg in a round hole and I want my social life to improve (along with other aspects of my life) I am not trying to sound rude, and I get what you are saying, but there are some genuine problems I face, andit did not just appear out of nowhere.
polya
Junior Poster

Just not any English-Speaking Western country!

Post by polya »

Just not any English-Speaking Western country! If you like European girls, I found Eastern European countries are not rejecting autistic people (as long as they are able to work & act in a "normal" way - e.g. no tantrums in public).

If you can afford it, jut go to another country & see what happens!
"Woman is a violent and uncontrolled animal... If you allow them to achieve complete equality with men, do you think they will be easier to live with? Not at all. Once they have achieved equality, they will be your masters." Cato the Elder
zacb
Experienced Poster

Post by zacb »

Thanks for the replies! Right now I am starting college in the fall at a local college and am working on some business ideas. So for now actually traveling is out of the question. I am kind of in the early prep process, so that is what I am focusing on now. Also I am trying to nail down a specific spot that I would like to visit first. I am thinking eastern europe (ukraine), somewhere in south america, or southeast asia. I am still looking at the pros and cons of each, but I know I want to get out. Not only because of dating (which prior to finding this forum I had not even considered, which I now am), but because of the economic and civil situation. I am scared as hell of the NDAA, flying domestic drones, the inflationary rampage that is in play, obamacare, the potential for abuse with all the executive orders in place , and other such stuff. So I am trying to sort out not only the relational end of it, but of the civil liberties and economic part as also.
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

I used to be the shyest guy on the planet... internet dating is your friend. Confidence grows with age though. Best thing I did was go to Japan by myself - that was a huge confidence boost.

As to politics... just focus on acquiring money... economics and politics is a serious distraction. We all live in our own economic boom and busts anyway.
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.
zacb
Experienced Poster

Post by zacb »

I guess the only reason I mentioned any political stuff is that I would like to move to a relatively free country. And it was the main reason for me considering moving (eventually). And I guess another thing is that what would be a good place to check out first?
zacb
Experienced Poster

Post by zacb »

I guess you are right in regards to money. It seems as though the more money you have the more options you have.
The Daily Agorist, Learn to Live Independent of the System! http://www.theagoristreview.blogspot.com
zacb
Experienced Poster

Post by zacb »

I guess I should have split this into two posts . One about finding women and the other about best places to live. Sorry about that
Bane
Freshman Poster

Post by Bane »

I will agree with the previous posters such as Xiongmao, Asia is your friend! Try Japan, China, Korea, Philippines. I've been to China and Japan, and my social life was orders of magnitude better than in the US
"A dreamer is one who can only find his way by moonlight, and his punishment is that he sees the dawn before the rest of the world." -Oscar Wilde

"Invincibility is in oneself, vulnerability is in the opponent" -Sun Tzu
Seeker
Freshman Poster

Post by Seeker »

Care home.
zacb
Experienced Poster

Post by zacb »

Not to be rude, but I also value religious values (Christianity <don't care about denomination>) . In that regard would the Philippines be the best for Asia and I was maybe thinking about Ukraine (maybe to live ) because a good chunk of them are religious, plus I appreciate a good intellectual discussion. So I have it down to those two.