Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.


Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife



View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile


Momopi, HOT Taiwanese girl I met! What should I do?

Ask questions and get advice, or share advice. Disclaimer: Any advice you take here is at your own risk. We are not liable for any consequences you might incur from following someone's advice here.
Note: Before posting your question, do a search for it in the Google Search box at the top to see if it's already been addressed.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Postby pete98146 » Tue Aug 14, 2012 7:10 pm

Winston wrote:
It's not that simple, esp with younger girls. They easily flake and make excuses and can always claim to be busy. Or they have a boyfriend or are just very picky. I guess I can make small talk. But how do you make it lead to anywhere?



Send her something funny on FB. Women love to laugh and I really think they enjoy humorous guys.

Then a few days later shoot her a PM saying, "hey I wanted to check out this cool restaurant _____________. Why don't you come join me?" This is a confident man's way of asking her out on a date.
User avatar
pete98146
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1077
Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2009 3:31 pm







Postby chanta76 » Tue Aug 14, 2012 7:13 pm

Winston.

What every happened to your son? What ever you don't get another girl pregnant. No offense I don't think your the responsible type when it comes to relationship. I don't mean to say this to be mean but just judging from your track record.

If a girl facebook you . You have to stand out if you want to get close to her. E-mail her but go slow. Don't rush it. Connect with her on things you may have in common like food or something. It's possible that she just friend zone you but don't look it that way.
chanta76
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1486
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 3:56 pm

Postby Rock » Tue Aug 14, 2012 7:55 pm

There are a lot of girls in Taipei who are not as conservative as you think. If they like you and sometimes even when they don't, they will often give u their genuine digits if you ask. A lot depends on who's asking. When you are closer in age to the girl (say a 30 something), you can be more direct. With the very young girls, its probably best to go more slowly, and try to build a report on social media sites or email and subtly escalate it. Sure, the ultimate success rate with second strategy will probably be very low. But what do you expect with wide age gaps. Just play it like a numbers game and sooner or later, you might get lucky.

1. Monkro has gotten lots of phone numbers both at day and night and gone out on lots of dates with these girls.

2. Tonight, I had dinner with a girl I'm dating, her colleague, and her colleague's friend - an 18 Taiwanese guy who's lived in Oregon for several years and now studies in NYC. He's in Taiwan for the summer. This guy has another friend - a 15 year old Taiwanese guy who can pass for early 20s and has a fake ID - who went with him to Myst recently to have fun and 'find some girls for fun'. 'The kid' hit on around 10 or so girls in the club over the night and ended up dirty dancing and making out with 6 of them. He doesn't find it hard to pull 1 night stands here at all either.

3. Today, I also met Winston's American friend Shawn. According to what he told me, he's dated a lot of Taiwan girls and still does, some very seriously.

4. The following article from Today's China Post provides a bit of info on how kids here may be managing romance in their pre-teen years. You can be sure things get a lot more wild in high school and beyond.

Survey shows preteen romance on the rise [in Taiwan]

The China Post news staff--Recent surveys have shown that romance among local pre-teens have been on the rise, the Child Welfare League Foundation (CWLF) announced yesterday.

The survey found that among 5th to 8th graders, nearly 27 percent have had romantic relationships, with numbers doubling once children reached junior high. Furthermore, 72 percent have received confessions of love, with over half of the confessions coming from their classmates. Despite the high numbers, 23 percent break up with their partners within three months, and only 10 percent of relationships last more than a year. According to the survey, many children also meet strangers over the Internet and engage in relationships with them.

The survey found that 10 percent of children find caressing and cuddling acceptable, while 4 percent find sexual behavior acceptable. Forty percent go out on dates with the opposite sex, with schools being one of the most common sites, followed by cinemas, parks and amusement parks. According to the study, 5.9 percent have had dates at home.

Findings also show that 40 percent of children take their romantic cues from popular Taiwanese romance dramas. Up to 77 percent of those queried said that they watched the shows regularly. Moreover, 20 percent reported that they enjoyed watching the kissing scenes.

In order to boost ratings, producers of Taiwanese dramas have increased the amount and extent of sexual scenes in recent years. Chiu Jing-hui (邱靖惠), head of the Child League of Research and Development, stated that this may lead to sexual precocity in children and should be of concern to parents.

The Child Welfare League Foundations (CWLF) has proposed the “four L-O-V-E steps to safe datingâ€￾ and has requested that media and parents help promote the program in order to establish healthier attitudes toward dating and love.

The survey was conducted by the CWLF from April 9-20; 1428 children were questioned, with a sampling error of less than 3 percent.

(China Post, August 14, 2012)
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 4121
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:16 pm

Postby Winston » Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:28 pm

Yeah but Rock, Shawn admitted that he finds the lack of eye contact in Taiwan to be alienating and lonely, remember? I posted comments from him about that before. Did you see them? Yes he's dated women, but he doesn't claim that picking up girls in Taiwan is easy. He says he meets them on FB or at social functions, not by cold approach. Remember that over 99 percent of guys don't cold approach and don't think it's even an appropriate topic. Also, he doesn't date girls that look like the hot ones I posted in this thread.

He doesn't know you well, and you haven't exposed your vulnerability to him, so of course he's not going to tell you all that. He also said that he has to go to the Philippines sometimes cause it's less lonely there. Remember? You saw his own words. Why do you need to figure out the reasons why, when they are obvious?

How come you don't know a single person who finds Taiwanese girls to be stuck up except me? The friend that went with me to those massage parlors agreed with what I said too. It's a no brainer. Taiwanese girls are LESS open than girls in most of the other 200 countries of the world. It's very obvious.

So why is it so easy for everyone you know? The vibe here is complicated and difficult. Surely you must have felt the same, both here and in Hong Kong.

When you wave and smile and say hi to random girls you want to flirt with, how do they usually react to you? Do they always flirt back?

Are you claiming that Taiwanese girls are open and easy like in other countries, to everyone except me? lol Come on now...

Why don't you and your friends try approaching girls that look like this, and see how far you get?


Image

Image

Image


Do you really think that girls that look like that are approachable to strangers? lol

I'm sure older women in their 30's are more open and less shy. We all know that. But I like girls who are on the attractiveness level of the young girls I met in Russia who are featured in my photo collage:

http://www.happierabroad.com/ebook/Collage.htm

That's the kind of girls I'm talking about. Try approaching those types, such as the girl in the veggie cafe you see above.

I have many girls' phone numbers, both in Taiwan and the US, but it doesn't mean anything. Either way, it's not easy. Why are you reluctant to admit that? Why do you like to portray Taiwan as easy when it obviously isn't?

Finally, if Taiwan is so easy for everyone, why can't you tell me how to get the tons of Taiwanese girls on my facebook to go out with me rather than just leave me as a FB friend? It's easy right? So why can't you tell me?

Suppose I were to give you phone numbers of a number of TW girls I know. Would you be able to get dates with them easily? Yes or no? Would your friends who score easily in TW be able to get dates with them easily by contacting them, just like that?

Nothing good is easy you know. Don't you know that?

Also, when I was 17 and in Taiwan for a year, I didn't notice that TW girls were more approachable to strangers. Their body language was still the same, very uptight. Why is that?

And how come you say Taipei is more open, yet other people say that Taipei big city people are less friendly than people in the countryside? Why is that? Who is right and who is wrong? How come other people say the opposite?
Last edited by Winston on Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Check out the latest posts in our blog The Happier Abroaders.

Don't forget my HA Grand Ebook and Dating Sites!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
User avatar
Winston
Site Admin
 
Posts: 23609
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:16 pm

Postby pete98146 » Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:45 pm

With all due respect Winston...

You keep on talking about approaching these women in Taiwan as a total stranger. You've been living in Taiwan for awhile now. Maybe I'm asking too much of you but wouldn't it make sense to get involved in activities that are popular with women in your town? This way they get to know Winston Wu and you are no longer a stranger to them. Why rely solely on the cold approach?

Yes you are busy....blah blah blah...we all are busy these days. Winston, you are a smart and witty dude (with a new set of clothes) and you've lost some weight too. Go for it dude!!!! Get out there and integrate! Make enough contacts and the women will come naturally.
User avatar
pete98146
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1077
Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2009 3:31 pm

Postby Winston » Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:07 pm

pete98146 wrote:With all due respect Winston...

You keep on talking about approaching these women in Taiwan as a total stranger. You've been living in Taiwan for awhile now. Maybe I'm asking too much of you but wouldn't it make sense to get involved in activities that are popular with women in your town? This way they get to know Winston Wu and you are no longer a stranger to them. Why rely solely on the cold approach?

Yes you are busy....blah blah blah...we all are busy these days. Winston, you are a smart and witty dude (with a new set of clothes) and you've lost some weight too. Go for it dude!!!! Get out there and integrate! Make enough contacts and the women will come naturally.


Because I'm trying to finish stuff so I can get out of here. Also, I don't like moving super slow, esp when nothing will probably come of it. And I don't like pretending to be super innocent and lighthearted either. What activities? Where? I can't even read a billboard here.

I have met many Taiwan girls, but it doesn't go anywhere. That's the problem. Plus the vibes are weird and don't fit my direct flirtatious seduction style. Their vibes aren't like women in most of the other 200 countries of the world, rather, it's very abnormal and hard to put in words. I don't feel confident around them because I don't feel I can be myself. I've explained that already. Don't you understand it?

I like cold approach. Rock says cold approach is easy here.
Check out the latest posts in our blog The Happier Abroaders.

Don't forget my HA Grand Ebook and Dating Sites!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
User avatar
Winston
Site Admin
 
Posts: 23609
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:16 pm

Re: Momopi, HOT Taiwanese girl I met! What should I do?

Postby publicduende » Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:50 pm

Winston wrote:Image


She's not bad. By the way, are Taiwanese young men starting to embrace that Japanese culture of loving girls with slight facial imperfections (eg. large noses, like the above, or crooked teeth) as they are seen more approachable?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2060422/Japanese-cosmetic-trend-sexy-child-like-look-fuels-demand-CROOKED-teeth.html
User avatar
publicduende
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2630
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2011 5:20 pm

Postby momopi » Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:23 am

Winston wrote:What if you lived in TW? Would you ask for her number immediately? You said it was inappropriate to do that right? That you had to start off slow with MSN right?
It's not that simple, esp with younger girls. They easily flake and make excuses and can always claim to be busy. Or they have a boyfriend or are just very picky. I guess I can make small talk. But how do you make it lead to anywhere?


If you're meeting the girl for the first time and she is not comfortable with exchanging cell phone #'s, give her your personal calling card and request to exchange contact info. That gives her some wiggle room in deciding what she is comfortable with giving. If she has interest in you, she will be talking to you afterwards. If not, then expect a polite (or cold) brush-off.



Winston wrote:I have met many Taiwan girls, but it doesn't go anywhere. That's the problem. Plus the vibes are weird and don't fit my direct flirtatious seduction style. Their vibes aren't like women in most of the other 200 countries of the world, rather, it's very abnormal and hard to put in words. I don't feel confident around them because I don't feel I can be myself. I've explained that already. Don't you understand it?
I like cold approach. Rock says cold approach is easy here.


You have not been to 200 countries. For starters, an estimated 20%-25% of the world's population is Muslim.
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 4710
Joined: Sat Sep 01, 2007 4:44 am
Location: Orange County, California

Postby Winston » Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:31 am

Check out this comment in my Guestbook. This Taiwanese New Zealander also says he feels like he can't be himself in Taiwan. So you see, I'm not the only one!

http://www.ultraguest.com/view/1200586414

Name Ted
Date 2012-05-26
Location
Message As a Taiwanese New Zealander, nearly everything you've described here I have to agree.

After having been in New Zealand for 5 years of my early childhood and then moving back to study in Taiwan for 4 years and then back to New Zealand, I have only realised that four years of my life were wasted on something that I do not value at all. All the positive values that were ingrained in me in my earlier years just could not be put to use. It is as sick, twisted, and demented as you could call it.

And yes I found it really hard to "be myself" in that sort of society where they don't appreciate individuality but condemn or demean individual endeavors and characteristics. That was what I have been feeling for quite an extended amount of time.

I appreciate your work here on this website and being true to your own heart and speak for your own truth. There are lots of challenges ahead of me to redevelop these courageous, loving qualities that I truly valued.
Check out the latest posts in our blog The Happier Abroaders.

Don't forget my HA Grand Ebook and Dating Sites!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
User avatar
Winston
Site Admin
 
Posts: 23609
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:16 pm

Postby Winston » Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:43 am

momopi wrote:
Winston wrote:What if you lived in TW? Would you ask for her number immediately? You said it was inappropriate to do that right? That you had to start off slow with MSN right?
It's not that simple, esp with younger girls. They easily flake and make excuses and can always claim to be busy. Or they have a boyfriend or are just very picky. I guess I can make small talk. But how do you make it lead to anywhere?


If you're meeting the girl for the first time and she is not comfortable with exchanging cell phone #'s, give her your personal calling card and request to exchange contact info. That gives her some wiggle room in deciding what she is comfortable with giving. If she has interest in you, she will be talking to you afterwards. If not, then expect a polite (or cold) brush-off.


How would you know if she isn't comfortable exchanging numbers? Do you ask first? I was asking what YOU would do. If you were in Taiwan for a long time, would you ask a girl for her number when you first meet her? You told me before that you wouldn't.

Winston wrote:I have met many Taiwan girls, but it doesn't go anywhere. That's the problem. Plus the vibes are weird and don't fit my direct flirtatious seduction style. Their vibes aren't like women in most of the other 200 countries of the world, rather, it's very abnormal and hard to put in words. I don't feel confident around them because I don't feel I can be myself. I've explained that already. Don't you understand it?
I like cold approach. Rock says cold approach is easy here.


You have not been to 200 countries. For starters, an estimated 20%-25% of the world's population is Muslim.


What does being Muslim have to do with this? This isn't about religion. This is about cold uptight complicated NE personality. I've never met a Muslim girl as uptight as a NE Asian girl. Just because a girl comes from a strict conservative religion doesn't mean she's uptight and cold toward strangers. Come on now. Man, you really don't get it on this one. Religion has nothing to do with this. Even atheist NE Asians are cold, repressed and uptight. Errr! Bad comparison.

See the thread on Middle Eastern women. We all agreed that they are usually very down to earth and relaxed and easy to talk to. Thus they are MUCH EASIER to talk to than NE Asian women. I think you made a bad boo boo on this one...

I don't have to go to 200 countries. I'll bet you can't even name 3 countries outside of NE Asia where women are this repressed, uptight, rigid, cold, and awkward. It's something you have to experience to understand. Words can't even describe what I'm truly talking about. I don't know of any country outside of NE Asia where people are like that inherently. It's simply abnormal and an aberration in the world, fortunately that is.
Check out the latest posts in our blog The Happier Abroaders.

Don't forget my HA Grand Ebook and Dating Sites!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
User avatar
Winston
Site Admin
 
Posts: 23609
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:16 pm

Postby Rayn » Wed Aug 15, 2012 2:13 am

Send her something funny on FB. Women love to laugh and I really think they enjoy humorous guys.



To be playing Devil's Advocate here...you are not the first one to crack up a joke for her via social media. Not the second, not the third, not even the tenth.

The average social media-pimping girl has had tons of male suitor-pretending-to-be-her-joking-buddies done that to her already.

Don't get me wrong, it really does help - but not that much.

Then a few days later shoot her a PM saying, "hey I wanted to check out this cool restaurant _____________. Why don't you come join me?" This is a confident man's way of asking her out on a date.


I would prefer not to take her out for dinner at the initial stages, but to engage her in exciting activities together like skating, jogging or my favorite - playing chess out in the park (in before boo hoo only old grannies do that - surprise surprise, hot intelligent chicks love it too!!). Weeds out the boring, lazy gold-digging, simple-minded types real good.

There's a lot of things going wrong with taking girls out to dinner the first time around when it comes to Asians and their 'man responsible for everything' traditional mindset. By doing things other than eating, there's no ground to argue about who pays first, you get what I mean?
Rayn
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 168
Joined: Mon Jun 11, 2012 1:37 pm
Location: Malaysia

Re: Momopi, HOT Taiwanese girl I met! What should I do?

Postby eurobrat » Wed Aug 15, 2012 2:22 am

...
Last edited by eurobrat on Fri May 24, 2013 11:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
eurobrat
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2267
Joined: Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:18 am

Postby Naoki » Wed Aug 15, 2012 2:56 am

Winston wrote:
Yeah I noticed it's like that in Japan too. Now you know what Taiwan is like. The vibe is similar, except Japan is even more strict and cold and uptight, I hear. NE Asian females are overly complicated, difficult and have strange vibes. They are not fun and free flowing at all. Far from it.

You aren't allowed to say this though. There is an unspoken social rule that everywhere you go, you have to say that "The people are so friendly!" It's really stupid that you can't tell the truth publicly.


Winston, I think I have something in common with you.
You said you are a white guy trapped in an Asian body right? I think I'm a Russian guy trapped in a Japanese guy's body.
Japanese women are very cold, cliquish and have extremely high standards.
Most of my male friends end up with anime girls, that is so pathetic.
How can human society like this?

Winston wrote:I think it's mostly Chinese men, esp older men, that hold a grudge against the Japanese for WWII. Women don't care about history or patriotism or wars. They don't even like war movies. As long as Japanese men have status, class and looks, that's what matters to women. Chinese women could care less about history. Chinese see Japanese culture as higher class anyway, and status is everything to them. I don't think most people are that nationalistic anyway.


Will I get beat up by local Chinese guys if they see a Japanese guy like me hang out with their women?
Naoki
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 64
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:44 am

Postby green1976 » Wed Aug 15, 2012 4:34 am

Winston wrote:
momopi wrote:
Winston wrote:What if you lived in TW? Would you ask for her number immediately? You said it was inappropriate to do that right? That you had to start off slow with MSN right?
It's not that simple, esp with younger girls. They easily flake and make excuses and can always claim to be busy. Or they have a boyfriend or are just very picky. I guess I can make small talk. But how do you make it lead to anywhere?


If you're meeting the girl for the first time and she is not comfortable with exchanging cell phone #'s, give her your personal calling card and request to exchange contact info. That gives her some wiggle room in deciding what she is comfortable with giving. If she has interest in you, she will be talking to you afterwards. If not, then expect a polite (or cold) brush-off.


How would you know if she isn't comfortable exchanging numbers? Do you ask first? I was asking what YOU would do. If you were in Taiwan for a long time, would you ask a girl for her number when you first meet her? You told me before that you wouldn't.

Winston wrote:I have met many Taiwan girls, but it doesn't go anywhere. That's the problem. Plus the vibes are weird and don't fit my direct flirtatious seduction style. Their vibes aren't like women in most of the other 200 countries of the world, rather, it's very abnormal and hard to put in words. I don't feel confident around them because I don't feel I can be myself. I've explained that already. Don't you understand it?
I like cold approach. Rock says cold approach is easy here.


You have not been to 200 countries. For starters, an estimated 20%-25% of the world's population is Muslim.


What does being Muslim have to do with this? This isn't about religion. This is about cold uptight complicated NE personality. I've never met a Muslim girl as uptight as a NE Asian girl. Just because a girl comes from a strict conservative religion doesn't mean she's uptight and cold toward strangers. Come on now. Man, you really don't get it on this one. Religion has nothing to do with this. Even atheist NE Asians are cold, repressed and uptight. Errr! Bad comparison.

See the thread on Middle Eastern women. We all agreed that they are usually very down to earth and relaxed and easy to talk to. Thus they are MUCH EASIER to talk to than NE Asian women. I think you made a bad boo boo on this one...

I don't have to go to 200 countries. I'll bet you can't even name 3 countries outside of NE Asia where women are this repressed, uptight, rigid, cold, and awkward. It's something you have to experience to understand. Words can't even describe what I'm truly talking about. I don't know of any country outside of NE Asia where people are like that inherently. It's simply abnormal and an aberration in the world, fortunately that is.



Muslim women in Muslim countries easy to talk?
You got it wrong i can tell you.

I'm from France and we are really exposed to Muslims so you should just know that if you engage in some cold approach tactits let's say in Egypt or Iran,you gonna be in trouble.

Maybe we could tell that these women are down to earth but they are totally out of reach and more for a foreigner.

Really,only some few places are more relaxed like Morroco or maybe Indonesia but a player who wants to play in most of Muslim countries,it could become really dangerous.

Don't you know that in many of those places women are not allowed to talk to random males?

A lot of them are covered and those who are not covered are not so easy to talk because they tend to get harrassed and are seeing like bad women.

What you live in Taiwan is in no way a good environment for cold approach but if i had to choose between Taiwan or most Muslim countries,i will choose Taiwan.

In many Muslim countries it's true that women are not allowed to show too much of their bodies contrary to Taiwan,so it can be frustrating in Taiwan to see so much but not being able to do something.

Putting Taiwan as worst as let's say Iran or Egypt is a mistake..and i'm not implying that Taiwan is good.
I think both are bad but Iran or Egypt are a dump for finding available women.

This repressed,rigid,cold and uptight women outside NE can be found in Singapour.
I had many friends who went there,i read numerous trip reports, and Singapour should have a similar vibe like NE countries.
HK is also on the list.
green1976
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 373
Joined: Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:24 pm

Postby polya » Wed Aug 15, 2012 4:41 am

I think you should tell these girls about your amazing website and ask their opinions about misandry & if they think women should be 51% of the prison population, deaths on the battlefield, pay child support 51% of the time. Then you'll know if they will be compatable.
"Woman is a violent and uncontrolled animal... If you allow them to achieve complete equality with men, do you think they will be easier to live with? Not at all. Once they have achieved equality, they will be your masters." Cato the Elder
polya
Junior Poster
 
Posts: 850
Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2008 7:21 am

PreviousNext

Return to Questions and Advice

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest