My father having a difficult time with a white fem employee

Ask questions and get advice. Disclaimer: Any advice you take here is at your own risk. We are not liable for any consequences you might incur from following advice here. Note: Before posting your question, do a search for it in the Google Search box at the top to see if it's been addressed.
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

My father having a difficult time with a white fem employee

Post by zboy1 »

I need to ask for some advice from you guys: My father has been calling me on how to deal with a bitchy, backstabbing, white female supervisor; she's your typical Ameriskank female that will do anything to get ahead including lying to her supervisors to get employees she doesn't like in trouble and taking credit for other people's accomplishments. She's also trying to constantly put blame on my father for bullshit that he has nothing to do with him or his work. She tries to curry favor with higher ups, while trying to get my father in trouble and is possibly prejudiced as well (my father is Korean).

I've told him to talk to HR and try to get them to resolve the differences between the two, but he refuses to do so and doesn't believe that will help. My father has already tried to talk to the President of the company and other supervisors--with no such luck. It's because of the crap he has to go through on a daily basis that may me realize working for a soulless corporation is not the way to go for happiness in life!

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

1. What is your father's profession and its outlook in the job market?

2. Ask your father to start documenting his work and his interactions with the supervisor. If he ever needs to approach HR, do not go empty handed.
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

momopi wrote:1. What is your father's profession and its outlook in the job market?

2. Ask your father to start documenting his work and his interactions with the supervisor. If he ever needs to approach HR, do not go empty handed.
He's a technician working for a cell phone company. He's a supervisor that oversees a group of technicians. My father's job outlook is limited since he's pretty old, and him getting a new job in this economy is not very likely. As for you comment about documenting his interaction with his supervisor, that sounds like a good idea and something I'll pass on to my father. BTW, why are white women so bitchy to work with? Can anyone answer that for me?
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

Not certain but here is my guess:

She is a troublemaker, she will make trouble. Your father's focus has to be on seeing to it that he is protected/immune, through excellent rapport with higher-ups and other peers. Then she will find another, easier avenue for troublemaking, and continue un til she makes trouble for someone else who has the clout to ease her out (like Momopi said, with careful documentation).

Let it roll off, keep swimming, unperturbed.
"Well actually, she's not REALLY my daughter. But she does like to call me Daddy... at certain moments..."
All_That_Is_Man
Junior Poster

Post by All_That_Is_Man »

Simple answer: Women don't belong in positions of management or supervision over grown men. If they are, then chaos is bound to follow.
Until this fact clicks in with corporate America, and they finally "get it", then I will focus on my independent business(es) and seek only male-dominated fields of study.

Your father should quit because, unfortunately, America has deliberately created a "p***y pass" work environment in a majority of professions - including cell phone company technician.
"Manginas grovel. Men travel." - me (04/17/2012)

"I used to be one of those men who believed that men are better than women at everything. Then I stood corrected!
Women are better than men at... getting fat." - me (02/24/2013)

Black women suck at life.
Simoun
Freshman Poster

Post by Simoun »

1. Have him document everything - every interaction he has with her, what happened, when. Have him keep a journal of this information. If emails or documents are involved, keep copies.

2. He has to abide by the channels the company has set up for complaints. He can't bypass the process by going directly to the president of the company. He is ultimately setting up a harassment claim; he did everything the company insisted upon and nothing changed.

Companies are very fragile animals. They hate negative publicity and they will cut out a superior if it means a big payday for someone else if they don't.

I would recommend your father talk to an attorney who does employment law.
polya
Junior Poster

Post by polya »

Last edited by polya on August 23rd, 2012, 1:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Woman is a violent and uncontrolled animal... If you allow them to achieve complete equality with men, do you think they will be easier to live with? Not at all. Once they have achieved equality, they will be your masters." Cato the Elder
Jackal
Experienced Poster

Post by Jackal »

Simoun wrote:1. Have him document everything - every interaction he has with her, what happened, when. Have him keep a journal of this information. If emails or documents are involved, keep copies.

2. He has to abide by the channels the company has set up for complaints. He can't bypass the process by going directly to the president of the company. He is ultimately setting up a harassment claim; he did everything the company insisted upon and nothing changed.

Companies are very fragile animals. They hate negative publicity and they will cut out a superior if it means a big payday for someone else if they don't.

That sounds intelligent. I would also check and see if there is some Korean-American association which might back your father up and be able to put some legal and media pressure on his supervisor to scare her into behaving--and perhaps even get a monetary settlement out of it! I mean in America as this "minority rights" stuff is a big deal (unless you're Muslim or German).
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Contrarian Expatriate »

Simoun wrote:1. Have him document everything - every interaction he has with her, what happened, when. Have him keep a journal of this information. If emails or documents are involved, keep copies.

Precisely! He needs to consult with an attorney specializing in EEO (Equal Employment Opportunity) law or discrimination law. He should keep every email and begin to list witnesses (willing or not) who can attest to the treatment he is recieving from that bullying skank who likely has singled him out for discriminitory treatment due to his sex and national origin.
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

Thanks for some of the suggestions guys. I will pass this on to my father, so he can decide what to do next. Much appreciated!
All_That_Is_Man
Junior Poster

Learn from your father's mistakes.

Post by All_That_Is_Man »

zboy1, let this situation be a valuable lesson to you. You had mentioned before that you have a Bachelor of Arts degree in Business. Well, now that you see first hand that any cunt (qualified or otherwise) has the privilege to "manage" any business at any time and completely f**k up the flow of prosperity, this is AMPLE time to completely hone your degree and start your businesses. The only weaponry against a micro-managing cunt is to start your own business, be your own boss, hire mostly (if not all) males, and stay independent/not-for-sale. Seriously, your father is probably going through something that was completely unheard of in his day, and it's probably traumatic for him. Now is your chance to learn from this and intend to never be in a position where anything with a vagina can tarnish your career or work reputation overnight.
"Manginas grovel. Men travel." - me (04/17/2012)

"I used to be one of those men who believed that men are better than women at everything. Then I stood corrected!
Women are better than men at... getting fat." - me (02/24/2013)

Black women suck at life.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

All_That_Is_Man wrote:Simple answer: Women don't belong in positions of management or supervision over grown men. If they are, then chaos is bound to follow.
Until this fact clicks in with corporate America, and they finally "get it", then I will focus on my independent business(es)
and seek only male-dominated fields of study.
+1
PeterAndrewNolan
Experienced Poster

Re: My father having a difficult time with a white fem emplo

Post by PeterAndrewNolan »

zboy1 wrote:I need to ask for some advice from you guys: My father has been calling me on how to deal with a bitchy, backstabbing, white female supervisor; she's your typical Ameriskank female that will do anything to get ahead including lying to her supervisors to get employees she doesn't like in trouble and taking credit for other people's accomplishments. She's also trying to constantly put blame on my father for bullshit that he has nothing to do with him or his work. She tries to curry favor with higher ups, while trying to get my father in trouble and is possibly prejudiced as well (my father is Korean).

I've told him to talk to HR and try to get them to resolve the differences between the two, but he refuses to do so and doesn't believe that will help. My father has already tried to talk to the President of the company and other supervisors--with no such luck. It's because of the crap he has to go through on a daily basis that may me realize working for a soulless corporation is not the way to go for happiness in life!
Tell him to get a small voice recorder and to wear it at all times when he is talking to this woman....you can buy voice recorders that look like pens....if he is a tech at a cell phone company no one will notice that he has a voice recorder disguised as a pen. Tell him to engage the woman into discussions that he knows are being recorded and let her fly off the mouth about what it is she wants to say....he can build up evidence over time......

Then he should simply do nothing and allow the woman to cause as much havoc as possible. If there is ever any allegation that he caused a problem he has the voice recordings for evidence that he was always polite to her...he also has the evidence that he informed his superiors and they chose to do nothing....and in the end...when he leaves the job? He will have a GREAT set of recordings he can edit and put onto the web so that the woman will not be able to get her NEXT job....people google everyone now before they hire them....and her voice recordings can be posted to CAF and she will be picked up in google.

This is partly what CAF is for....to be able to have a place where women can be denounced as man haters.
Feel free to check out my blog:Click ME!
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

zboy1 wrote:
momopi wrote:1. What is your father's profession and its outlook in the job market?

He's a technician working for a cell phone company. He's a supervisor that oversees a group of technicians. My father's job outlook is limited since he's pretty old, and him getting a new job in this economy is not very likely. As for you comment about documenting his interaction with his supervisor, that sounds like a good idea and something I'll pass on to my father. BTW, why are white women so bitchy to work with? Can anyone answer that for me?
Make sure he doesn't only document interactions with the person. Have him document his work, projects, accomplishments, etc. If a confrontation should ever occur that require HR action, you want to make certain that you have your own butt covered.

If his knowledge of English is good, ask him to look into PMP or CAPM certification. ITIL cert may also help improve his job & career outlook. Companies tend to not hire very young looking PM who doesn't look the part and lacking experience, so it's less competition vs fresh college grads.

Like it or not you will find all kinds of people at work, good and bad. I have had really good white women managers who let me take off during work hours to attend class at nearby university, and I have had to deal with psycho bitch white women supervisor in other groups.

Part of going to school and interacting with people is to learn how to deal with people who don't like you. After you graduate and go into the workforce, you will find disagreeable coworkers. From project manager perspective, you will run into stakeholders impacted by your project being very vocal opponents due to people's tendency to resist change. It's up to you to convince the stakeholders that th changes are beneficial and turn them into your project supporters.

It's not necessary for you to like another peron and vice versa, but as long as the professional relationship is mutually beneficial, then you can at least coexist politely. My most recent position was change management and it was my job to say NO to people all day long. I had a lot of coworkers pissed at me during working hours, but I made sure they understood why I had to reject their change requests and told them what they had to fix to get my approval. So after work we are still good and hit the hot pot restaurants together (share bread at same table). I have since left the company and people who used to yell at me at work are introducing their contacts and head hunters to me.