Anyone tried to commit suicide ?

Ask questions and get advice. Disclaimer: Any advice you take here is at your own risk. We are not liable for any consequences you might incur from following advice here. Note: Before posting your question, do a search for it in the Google Search box at the top to see if it's been addressed.
Mr.Darcy
Freshman Poster

Post by Mr.Darcy »

No, but I have wished I would suddenly die or sometging. This month has been bad.
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

Then go overseas, Mr Darcy!

Ever since I left the U.S. for China, I'm a lot happier even though I've had to deal with the culture shock, not knowing the language, not having any real Chinese friends, and having to deal with all kinds of problems at the school I'm teaching at. Even with all the crap I'm facing, I'm still strangely happy and content with my life...Sounds strange doesn't it????

Maybe it's because in China, I'm not pumped with all kinds of horror stories, killings, murders, and threats of war by the government. People just worry about getting on with their lives here, unlike in the United States. And it's really nice not having to deal with all the political and racial divisions in the country, that so plaque the U.S. back home...

A good example of what I'm talking about is the recent Navy shooting massacre in Washington, D.C., and the spate of anti-White killings recently by Blacks throughout the country. And no more Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity and Michael Savage on the radio spreading their hate, and no more biased, libtard MSNBC propaganda on the left.

This just goes to show you how unhappy and deranged Americans really are...It's kind of sad to see really...
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Asian Nirvana

Post by Jester »

zboy1 wrote:Then go overseas, Mr Darcy!

Ever since I left the U.S. for China, I'm a lot happier even though I've had to deal with the culture shock, not knowing the language, not having any real Chinese friends, and having to deal with all kinds of problems at the school I'm teaching at. Even with all the crap I'm facing, I'm still strangely happy and content with my life...Sounds strange doesn't it????

Maybe it's because in China, I'm not pumped with all kinds of horror stories, killings, murders, and threats of war by the government. People just worry about getting on with their lives here, unlike in the United States. And it's really nice not having to deal with all the political and racial divisions in the country, that so plaque the U.S. back home...

A good example of what I'm talking about is the recent Navy shooting massacre in Washington, D.C., and the spate of anti-White killings recently by Blacks throughout the country. And no more Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity and Michael Savage on the radio spreading their hate, and no more biased, libtard MSNBC propaganda on the left.

This just goes to show you how unhappy and deranged Americans really are...It's kind of sad to see really...
I notice expats in Mexico and Phils are VERY conscious of problems both in US and in their new country.

Not so in CN?

Hmmm... so Chi-Com censorship of western internet and media actually shelters the mind from broadcast discord?
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Anyone tried to commit suicide ?

Post by Jester »

chanta76 wrote:The reason why I posted this is because I thought about it and I did try it once but I failed at it. I was to scared with the pain of the process of killing yourself. I still think about it. I think sometimes it maybe just general depression but also to some extent your environment does play a factor .

I don't want to go too much into details of my burdens because we all have them. Usually it is hope that keeps us going or the journey in discovering what will happen in the end.

But I notice some of the posters here tend to be how can I say in the negative scope of things. Just wondering if anyone did try .
Never tried.

In dark times I try to focus on arranging my life so I can leave the US and be of service in a combat zone. So that my loved ones will not be crying over a suicide, and noone can call it that. Just daily risk. Doctors Without Borders or whatever.

The good thing is that this focuses me on the same prep I have to do to get abroad, accomplish some things, build a life, find female companionship and (re)build a family. Once I'm abroad, then if plan A doesn't work, well, there's plan B.
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Asian Nirvana

Post by zboy1 »

Jester wrote:
zboy1 wrote:Then go overseas, Mr Darcy!

I notice expats in Mexico and Phils are VERY conscious of problems both in US and in their new country.

Not so in CN?

Hmmm... so Chi-Com censorship of western internet and media actually shelters the mind from broadcast discord?
Well of course, I hear news about terrible things happening in China and the United States (as well as the rest of the world). What I'm trying to say is that people live day-to-day here in China, and don't worry about so much of the superficial crap like in the United States. It's like that, for the most part, in the poorer parts of the world...

Some people may disagree with me, but hey, that's my feeling right now. I may change my mind in the future...

As for the censorship in China--of course, I hate the commie government here--but what I don't miss is all the divisiveness and division that plague the United States, unlike here...It's nice not having to watch or listen on the radio to the daily barrages of MSNBC vs Fox News, liberal vs conservatives, Blacks vs Whites, Christians vs Muslims/Jews, etc...

That I don't miss from the United States, which gets tiring after a while...
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

To anyone contemplating suicide, please watch this video by hans wilhelm that shows you the spiritual perspective of what suicide will do to you and why it won't solve your problems.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=noGxBQBJYQY[/youtube]
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
HouseMD
Veteran Poster

Post by HouseMD »

My odds of doing so at some point in the future are, statistically, astronomical. I'm a divorced white male physician that knows how to operate a firearm and is up to his tits in debt.

I've thought about it many times, but not because life is particularly awful, just because it all feels so pointless sometimes. I'll just be drinking, have a bit too much, and be like, whoa, screw all of this. Thoughts like that are why I love spending time at the range but will never keep a gun in the house. Though if I really wanted to go, that probably wouldn't be my method of choice. Plenty of far less painful and disfiguring options out there. I won't go into them here because I fear that the clientele of this website would be too prone to considering them when times are dark, but let's just say physicians don't complete suicide at many times the average rate for no reason, we know how to effectively do it if we so choose.
sain
Freshman Poster

Post by sain »

Thought of doing so, but never tried. Suicide is an option for a coward in my honest opinion. Anyone can survive in this world at any cost, the world is so vast if you encounter some suicide situation better change your residing place, cut down the ties with people, move to a new place, settle over there, find new people.
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Contrarian Expatriate »

I support one's right and justified decision to commit suicide!

Most people have entertained passive thoughts of suicide, and some active thoughts. I don't have the prevailing view that suicide is innately bad.

It CAN be an indication of depression, or it CAN be an indication of the lack of desire to live in a world that is not at all easy.

Western religion and, by extension, the medical profession pathologize suicide. In some ways they are correct and in some ways they are not.

The issue comes down to whether or not your circumstances can be improved enough for you to NOT want to commit suicide. For example, if I am a paraplegic, or contract a painful disease, or get wrongly sentenced to life in prison, etc, I might tend to agree with the desire to end one's life.

However, for people who have the ability to life long fulfilling lives AFTER the period of misery, I am against it.

I am becoming increasingly supportive of the concept of "end of life" suicide. I would support anyone who due to dementia, Alzheimer's, or age-related physical debilitation to commit suicide if they so chose.

If I am 90 years old, and cannot clean myself, my home, or manage my personal affairs, suicide might be the correct option. Of course, those with religious indoctrination will react with horror at that suggestion but such is simply the nature of their lot.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

Contrarian Expatriate wrote:I support one's right and justified decision to commit suicide!
I am becoming increasingly supportive of the concept of "end of life" suicide. I would support anyone who due to dementia, Alzheimer's, or age-related physical debilitation to commit suicide if they so chose.

If I am 90 years old, and cannot clean myself, my home, or manage my personal affairs, suicide might be the correct option.
My opinion is quite similar to your one.

It is a difference if we talk about euthanasia 'near end of life' or successful suicide of a person who might think totally differently about what he or she did a few weeks later, but did not survive.

Euthanasia, I see no problem with it, it is legal in some countries already.

Suicide however because your girlfriend left you or out of other trivial issues does not make any sense.
However it is very difficult to prevent suicide. A person who has the firm intention to take his or her own life will do it - sooner or later.

-----

Here in Japan suicide is not seen as something tragically by a huge part of the population. Quite similar mindset can be found in other Buddhist countries. Suicide is often admired as a final action, which is honorable and brave.

To assist somebody you know as a family member or good friend to commit suicide, but being too weak for the final step was considered as a respected duty over centuries. As a fact, Buddhist religion is more about the administration after your death, not during your life.

Nowadays in Japan the government does not encourage suicide by any means and to assist somebody to commit suicide is a crime - but the Buddhist idea about it is very much alive.
Eric
Experienced Poster

Post by Eric »

Yes, I've thought about it msny, many times. But everyone's different. I tend to get suicidal impulses and thoughts in waves when im experiencing terrible suffering emotionally. I'd say my most problem is emotions, because mostly I put that down to being a sensitive kid and being raised in a military home, and also there was also some kind of trauma I went through. It was a weird mix because I was highly intuitive and sensitive yet I tried to 'be military' all the time. It didn't feel good but... that's all I knew. But...its complicated because they are connected, i think the 'military' way I handled things maybe made me worse or messed me up. It could be been the trauma, hard to tell. Anyways what matters is being better to yourself in every way. You don't think about it when younger, you just do what works...and it seemed cool to me to block out my feelings I had. I was too hard on myself, but then I wonder why I was like that... Anyways, this is not the answer and you have to learn to be kinder to yourself.. no matter what the situation is you're in. I'm a case study in emotional deregulation, but I'm trying to change it and be kinder to myself...and do more things that are loving and healthy for myself.
Sometimes unfortunate circumstances arise but let's contribute positivity in our lives and they'll only improve.
Misery and happiness are only states of mind.
Eric
Experienced Poster

Post by Eric »

Yes, I've thought about it msny, many times. But everyone's different. I tend to get suicidal impulses and thoughts in waves when im experiencing terrible suffering emotionally. I'd say my most problem is emotions, because mostly I put that down to being a sensitive kid and being raised in a military home, and also there was also some kind of trauma I went through. It was a weird mix because I was highly intuitive and sensitive yet I tried to 'be military' all the time. It didn't feel good but... that's all I knew. But...its complicated because they are connected, i think the 'military' way I handled things maybe made me worse or messed me up. It could be been the trauma, hard to tell. Anyways what matters is being better to yourself in every way. You don't think about it when younger, you just do what works...and it seemed cool to me to block out my feelings I had. I was too hard on myself, but then I wonder why I was like that... Anyways, this is not the answer and you have to learn to be kinder to yourself.. no matter what the situation is you're in. I'm a case study in emotional deregulation, but I'm trying to change it and be kinder to myself...and do more things that are loving and healthy for myself.
Sometimes unfortunate circumstances arise but let's contribute positivity in our lives and they'll only improve.
Misery and happiness are only states of mind.