Where to move?

Ask questions and get advice. Disclaimer: Any advice you take here is at your own risk. We are not liable for any consequences you might incur from following advice here. Note: Before posting your question, do a search for it in the Google Search box at the top to see if it's been addressed.
drblue
Freshman Poster

Where to move?

Post by drblue »

Hi All. A newbie here.

I am 42 yrs old Korean man who has recently retired and looking for some places to move.
The reason to move? I am just simply tired of being in this competitive society. I have been living this life for more than 30 yrs. I think this is enough.
I am healthy, easy going (at least I want to be), above average looking for Asian, 180 cm tall, 73 Kg weighted with $12,000 disposal income per month.

The place I look for is
1. in the city. I do not need a mega city but need public facilities including electricity, hot water, fast internet, safe public transportation, parks to walk, shopping centres, restaurants, bars, cinemas, museums and a MODERN, RELIABLE HOSPITAL just for emergency.

2. safe. I know Seoul is one of the safest city in the world next to Japan and Singapore. I do not expect that level of safety, but I wish to drive car or get a cab alone in the night without worry.

3. Golf. I am into golf. It has to have a few golf courses.

4. Warm climate. I do not mind being cold, but prefer warm (hot) place with less humidity. It would be better if the city is located by sea.

5. Friendly society to foreigner / stranger. I am divorced and have no plan to get married in near future. However I wish to have a long term relationship with a local lady and to be in the local and/or expat community.

6. Easier to live. I don't like housework. I want a maid, a helper and even a driver for myself if I can afford.

7. Available for long term stay. I plan to stay there at least a few years. So I definitely need a long term stay visa.

Some cities in SE Asia such as Cebu, Pattaya, Jakarta are perfect for me. I have been there many times and I know I can live well there. Before I relocate myself to SE Asia, I would like to widen my options to some places in South America like Lima in Peru.

What I heard about Lima is pretty developed city located by seashore. It is warm. It offers many historical spots for me to explorer.
I also heard that Peru is pretty familiar with Asian (Korean) thanks to K-pop, K-drama, K-products and so on. However I understand this does not mean they welcome a middle aged Asian man who has no intention to work.

Has anyone in this forum especially Asian man (including Asian-American) lived in Lima?
Can anyone tell me how you were treated by local people? Are they friendly enough?
Can I adopt myself there like I can do in SE Asian countries?

With my qualifications, Can anyone suggest other places which fullfil my expectation for me to look into?

Thanks.

JK
Be Aware who you are talking to.
Two men share this ID, who are Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde.
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

Come with me and we'll start up an enclave of 40 something men in Guangzhou!

The weather's great, the women are smoking hot and it's a great place to do business.

Oh, and I think there are golf courses there, Chinese ladies are very into golf.
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Where to move?

Post by Jester »

drblue wrote:Hi All. A newbie here.

I am 42 yrs old Korean man who has recently retired and looking for some places to move.
The reason to move? I am just simply tired of being in this competitive society. I have been living this life for more than 30 yrs. I think this is enough.
I am healthy, easy going (at least I want to be), above average looking for Asian, 180 cm tall, 73 Kg weighted with $12,000 disposal income per month.

The place I look for is
1. in the city. I do not need a mega city but need public facilities including electricity, hot water, fast internet, safe public transportation, parks to walk, shopping centres, restaurants, bars, cinemas, museums and a MODERN, RELIABLE HOSPITAL just for emergency.

2. safe. I know Seoul is one of the safest city in the world next to Japan and Singapore. I do not expect that level of safety, but I wish to drive car or get a cab alone in the night without worry.

4. Warm climate. I do not mind being cold, but prefer warm (hot) place with less humidity. It would be better if the city is located by sea.

5. Friendly society to foreigner / stranger. I am divorced and have no plan to get married in near future. However I wish to have a long term relationship with a local lady and to be in the local and/or expat community.

6. Easier to live. I don't like housework. I want a maid, a helper and even a driver for myself if I can afford.

7. Available for long term stay. I plan to stay there at least a few years. So I definitely need a long term stay visa.

Some cities in SE Asia such as Cebu, Pattaya, Jakarta are perfect for me. I have been there many times and I know I can live well there. Before I relocate myself to SE Asia, I would like to widen my options to some places in South America like Lima in Peru.

What I heard about Lima is pretty developed city located by seashore. It is warm. It offers many historical spots for me to explorer.
I also heard that Peru is pretty familiar with Asian (Korean) thanks to K-pop, K-drama, K-products and so on. However I understand this does not mean they welcome a middle aged Asian man who has no intention to work.

Has anyone in this forum especially Asian man (including Asian-American) lived in Lima?
Can anyone tell me how you were treated by local people? Are they friendly enough?

With my qualifications, Can anyone suggest other places which fullfil my expectation for me to look into?

Thanks.

JK
Don't know about golf... but Peru has some long-resident Asians (Japanese, but I don't think Peruvians are that conscious of the difference) -- who are quite integrated. They may think you're Peruvian if you dress the part.

Peruvians are the friendliest people in South America. The top-tier women are world-class.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=od5ALTk1uIs

The guys at the country club are going to have some daughters for you to meet.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

Cayman Islands might be another, very different alternative for you.
"Well actually, she's not REALLY my daughter. But she does like to call me Daddy... at certain moments..."
gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by gsjackson »

Your income allows you to live anywhere, including Paris or London, so basically you've got the whole world to choose from. Given your criteria, I'd think the southern coast of Spain would be a good bet. Hot, dry (which you certainly won't find in Asia) climate, lots of great golf courses, and the added bonus, if you want to buy a place to live, of being able to pick from any number of real estate bargains left over from a huge overbuilding before the bubble burst. People there are said to be friendly, the women flirtatious. The southern coast of France and Italy are also appealing, but don't offer nearly as many golf options.

Of course, California and Arizona (where I live, and which is a golfer's paradise, especially now because the courses are hurting for business and prices have dropped dramatically) meet most of your criteria. On this site, however, these places get very low marks for the quality of women you can meet. You won't stick out here, you'll just be ignored. It's possible to live a good life here, if you collect everything you need within your own private world, and avoid mainstream culture, which has become very toxic.
Dark_Sol
Freshman Poster

Post by Dark_Sol »

Peru has Japanese and chinese descent. My gandfather ran away from China, along with many others to Peru when communisim took over. One thing I must warn is shoes, if you got big feet, like me. Just give up, I searched all over Lima for shoes my size. I got relatives down there and they are great people. Know someone down there, they can get you the best deals and where to go for good products.
E_Irizarry
Veteran Poster

Post by E_Irizarry »

Jester wrote:

The place I look for is

Thanks.

JK
Don't know about golf... but Peru has some long-resident Asians (Japanese, but I don't think Peruvians are that conscious of the difference) -- who are quite integrated. They may think you're Peruvian if you dress the part.

Peruvians are the friendliest people in South America. The top-tier women are world-class.

BAH HAH! Yeah alright! ..at least not to me. "Parece como brasileño"....."El es demasiado grandote".
But Jester, you're a White man so alas of course you would say that Peruvians are the friendliest of all S. Americans. Peruvians are some of the most self-hating, pro-Nordic-and-Anglo S. Americans I have ever seen....worse than dark-skinned Chileans (not all Chileans but some) that are dark due to a big hole in the ozone layer above northern Chile.

Again, Jester this is not condescension against you.
"I appreciate the opportunities I have in America. Opportunities that allow me to live abroad." **Smiles** - Have2Fly@H.A. (2013)

"The only way to overcome that is to go abroad to get a broad."
- E. Irizarry (2009)

"MGTOW resilience is the key to foreign residence. You better muthafuckin' ask somebody!!"
- E. Irizarry (2012)

"I rather be ostracized by 157.0 million (27.3% of the US of Gay pop), then to appease 1 feminist." - E. Irizarry (2013)

TanBoy by DNA | Despedido, Hugo Chavez...Descansa en paz!
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

E_Irizarry wrote:
Jester wrote:

The place I look for is

Thanks.

JK

BAH HAH! Yeah alright! ..at least not to me. "Parece como brasileño"....."El es demasiado grandote".
But Jester, you're a White man so alas of course you would say that Peruvians are the friendliest of all S. Americans. Peruvians are some of the most self-hating, pro-Nordic-and-Anglo S. Americans I have ever seen....worse than dark-skinned Chileans (not all Chileans but some) that are dark due to a big hole in the ozone layer above northern Chile.

Yes, you're right, the friendly young beauties I am thinking of were quite dark, and I am quite pale.

Funny world. Here I think I am going against the tide if I date cross-culturally, when in a way I am just going to be taking the path of least resistance.

Of course since you are Brazilian-American I assume you have connections to a great country for dating, and therefore feel no pity for you!!

:wink:

PS My mind is made up, -- so dont try to confuse me with facts!
E_Irizarry
Veteran Poster

Post by E_Irizarry »

Jester wrote:
E_Irizarry wrote:
Jester wrote:

Yes, you're right, the friendly young beauties I am thinking of were quite dark, and I am quite pale.

Funny world. Here I think I am going against the tide if I date cross-culturally, when in a way I am just going to be taking the path of least resistance.

Of course since you are Brazilian-American I assume you have connections to a great country for dating, and therefore feel no pity for you!!

:wink:

PS My mind is made up, -- so dont try to confuse me with facts!
That is a tough-love post, man. But within the same token, you are basically reaffirming what already I know. Non-pittance is accepted here LMBO. You are taking the path of least-resistance (and you should do so!). I do have connections. I just need money as that catalyst. ;o)
"I appreciate the opportunities I have in America. Opportunities that allow me to live abroad." **Smiles** - Have2Fly@H.A. (2013)

"The only way to overcome that is to go abroad to get a broad."
- E. Irizarry (2009)

"MGTOW resilience is the key to foreign residence. You better muthafuckin' ask somebody!!"
- E. Irizarry (2012)

"I rather be ostracized by 157.0 million (27.3% of the US of Gay pop), then to appease 1 feminist." - E. Irizarry (2013)

TanBoy by DNA | Despedido, Hugo Chavez...Descansa en paz!
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

E_Irizarry wrote: I do have connections. I just need money as that catalyst. ;o)
Soon.
Me too.
8)