What's a good place to buy Tickets for one way trip?

Ask questions and get advice. Disclaimer: Any advice you take here is at your own risk. We are not liable for any consequences you might incur from following advice here. Note: Before posting your question, do a search for it in the Google Search box at the top to see if it's been addressed.
Dark_Sol
Freshman Poster

What's a good place to buy Tickets for one way trip?

Post by Dark_Sol »

Name says it all. I've been looking on the web for tickets to Paraguay. The problem is that they want round trip and want a specific date, instead of showing me a qoute for when the cheapest date.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: What's a good place to buy Tickets for one way trip?

Post by Jester »

Dark_Sol wrote:Name says it all. I've been looking on the web for tickets to Paraguay. The problem is that they want round trip and want a specific date, instead of showing me a qoute for when the cheapest date.
They all seem to be this way -- like you should travel regardless of when tickets are cheap. Who does that?/

One day when I am dictator I will hunt down the guy responsible for this shitty software that all the air travel sites use -- and cut all his fingers off -- so he can't write code anymore.

In the meantime, you can try this site:

http://www.wego.co.in/flights/bjx/asu/c ... o-asuncion

SOMETIMES it lets you choose flexible dates. It's still kind of a shitty NWO-European-klunky software, but better than the others I've found.

If you find something better, PLEASE post.

Otherwise, what I had planned to do was to use the phone with an airline or travel agent specializing in the taget country in order to determine best time if year and day of week date to fly.

If you find any helpful travel agents or airlines for Paraguay, please post that as well.

Oh - and PY may require pre-arranged "onward travel", like most countries, since the initial visa that you enter on will be a tourist visa. So instead of round-trip, ask the travel agent or airline if "onward travel" ticket to Montevideo or Buenos Aires will work.

PS -- Do inquire about cost of this extra second visa (for Americans... Brazil, Bolivia and Chile are notoriously expensive).