Winston--how did you enjoy Russia as an Asian man?

Ask questions and get advice. Disclaimer: Any advice you take here is at your own risk. We are not liable for any consequences you might incur from following advice here. Note: Before posting your question, do a search for it in the Google Search box at the top to see if it's been addressed.
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Winston--how did you enjoy Russia as an Asian man?

Post by zboy1 »

Winston, I want to ask you this question because there's a possibility I may be teaching English in Russia (Central part of the country, near Kazakhstan) soon. The school is preparing an invitation letter for me and should arrive sometime next month (hopefully!). What are some of the things I should learn before the move, and what are some tips you can give me about the women there? Anyone else besides Winston that has experience in Russia should also jump in and contribute to the thread.
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Winston--how did you enjoy Russia as an Asian man?

Post by jamesbond »

Winston sure looked liked he had a lot of fun in Russia. He was able to meet women much easier than he was in the US. :D

"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
OutWest
Veteran Poster

Post by OutWest »

jamesbond wrote:Winston sure looked liked he had a lot of fun in Russia. He was able to meet women much easier than he was in the US. :D

The accounts he published at the time were not rosy for him. He spoke of escaping Russia as a horrible experience.
Traveler
Freshman Poster

Post by Traveler »

"I've slept with Russian girls before, but not European girls. Yeah Asian women are better in bed because they complement me better physically. But I connect with European girls better mentally. Not the liberal types of course. But there are types who are down to earth and philosophical. Trust me on that. If you talk to girls everyday in Europe, you will see this."

"Look at Mark Davis. He is the kind of man that FSU women like. He is big and burly and white and fearless. Before he found his wife, many hot Ukrainian women liked him too."
viewtopic.php?f=44&t=28831&start=15
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

zboy1 wrote:Winston, I want to ask you this question because there's a possibility I may be teaching English in Russia (Central part of the country, near Kazakhstan) soon. The school is preparing an invitation letter for me and should arrive sometime next month (hopefully!). What are some of the things I should learn before the move, and what are some tips you can give me about the women there? Anyone else besides Winston that has experience in Russia should also jump in and contribute to the thread.
Great question. As i told Mr S in another thread:

"You are right. Russia is a great place to date. The women are very down-to-earth, tall, feminine and proud to be women. They act humble too and are easy to talk to and flirt with. I've been there three times and can say that from first hand experience. It has a lot of culture too and the vibe feels rich and authentic, like the collective soul of people is deep and rich (hard to put into words) so it feels like a place that intellectual types can connect with. People there are not afraid to talk to strangers too, which is very refreshing if you come from the US.

However, Russia has many drawbacks. There are lots of scams and petty crimes and people aren't very generous. The streets are not always safe at night, not as safe as in Asia. People there can be more violent than in Asia. They also aren't very trusting. Russians do not use the word "friend" as easily as Americans and Chinese do. But if you practice good street smarts and use common sense, you can usually avoid trouble. The vibe also feels chaotic, which is nice in a way, because there's that "anything goes" type of vibe.

Yeah the Russian winter is very bad and cold and snowy. However, if you live in the southern area like Volgograd or Sochi, you can avoid the Russian winter. It's not as cold there, and it doesn't snow. So if you were to live in Russia, you could go to those southern cities during winter, if possible. Or you can go to Ukraine too. It doesn't snow there because it's further south.

Do you mean Putin is leaving, Mr S? Why? He's been president for so long, even when I was there in 2004. I just hope they don't get another Gorbachev, who bows down to the West and gives in to it. Either way, Russia is definitely a place where men are men and women are women.

There is also a rich soul in Russia and a feeling of deep authenticity that you can feel in the air there that is hard to put into words. You have to go there for a while to know what I mean. I'm sure CheezRaider and Ladislav can attest to what I mean.

So consider those things Mr S. You might like it there."

So why are you going to Kazakhstan? That would even be better for an asian guy, because it is a FSU asian republic, and has both asian culture and russian culture. So your asian race wont count against you there. Plus you are tall and FSU women like that.

As for tips, i would say learn some basics of the language. Download pimsleur russian. Its an audio language series that requires no computer or brute memorization and very little involvement. Its the easiest way to learn a language. Just play it in the background all the time and you will remember the words and phrases after a while with very little effort.

You gotta keep in mind that FSU hate stinginess so you gotta not appear that way. Russian guys say you gotta pretend to run out of cash to not appear stingy.

Dont worry about the language barrier though. I met many travelers in china who got around fine without speaking any chinese. So the language barrier thing is a myth. I even met an old lady from america who traveled alone around china and tibet and never spoke any chinese, yet she got around fine. I was shocked. So it definitely is possible and easier than you think to get around in a foreign country without speaking the language.

Btw if you want, ill send you a free copy of my travel and dating guide to russia in pdf format.

Let me know if you have any other questions.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

OutWest wrote: The accounts he published at the time were not rosy for him. He spoke of escaping Russia as a horrible experience.
Not exactly. Dont paint my journals with a broad brush. I wrote both good and bad things in my journals. Yes, at the end i said i was glad to be out of russia. But not because of the women. I said that traveling for 8 months and enduring the harsh russian winter had taken a toll on my body and i was tired and exhausted. The grim faces in winter there made me feel grim as well.

But anywhere can get tiring after a while. Even if you live in a nice lovely home, you will get tired of it after a while and want to go somewhere else. And if you are out in the cold for long, you will miss the comforts of a cozy home. It doesnt mean your home is a bad place. Its just that every place, even a great one, gets old after a while and you need a change of scenery. Thats the way things are. Even abroad. Try staying home for 3 days straight and youll see what i mean, you will feel like going out somewhere to get out of the house. Get it?

But either way, its still true that russia has a great dating scene. The women are very genuine, down to earth and have a richer soul than westerners. They are elegant too and love their femininity. Sure there are gold diggers and users too, but thats true anywhere. Some guys attract them and some dont.

One major difference between russian and asian women is that a fair percentage of russian women are interested in things like philosophy, history, art and classical literature. So you can talk about those things with them. But asian women tend to not be into those things at all, especially not philosophy. I know that doesnt matter to many guys, but it does to me since im a renaissance guy. Its a noticeable difference and means you can have deeper conversations with them about a broader range of topics. Overall, the russian soul is somewhat deeper and richer than the asian soul.

Why do you think all female chess champions are from russia or ukraine? Never from asia or america?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne