Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.

Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife

View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

Winston's Vietnamese ex-girlfriend

Ask questions and get advice, or share advice. Disclaimer: Any advice you take here is at your own risk. We are not liable for any consequences you might incur from following someone's advice here.
Note: Before posting your question, do a search for it in the Google Search box at the top to see if it's already been addressed.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Winston's Vietnamese ex-girlfriend

Postby Falcon » Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:45 am

So, here's a question for Winston:

How did you approach, get to know, and ask out your first Vietnamese girlfriend, and what exactly happened during the relationship? Why do you think she accepted you at first?

You had always said that women were nearly impossible to approach and befriend during your teen's and 20's, although you did have a few girlfriends while in America. Evidently, not all American women were unapproachable for you, and I'd like to know what was different about them (or the situation). I know plenty of high school and college students who can't get dates no matter how hard they try, but you don't seem to be one of those people.

In http://www.happierabroad.com/MyStory.htm you said the following, but I'd like to see you elaborate more on it.

The following year, I finally had my first girlfriend, but not without struggle. She was a short but cute Vietnamese girl. She had a boyfriend at the time, but their relationship was on the rocks, and she eventually chose me over him. With her, I had my first kiss and lost my virginity soon afterward. I went out a lot with her and her large network of Vietnamese friends and family. But she had a nasty temper and was very small minded, so we had a lot of fights and arguments. After two years, we finally let go of each other, but remained friends.

And in http://www.happierabroad.com/biography.htm :

After finishing my last year of high school, I went to a community college and met my first girlfriend, a cute petite Vietnamese Accounting student named Phuong Nguyen. But after two years together, we split due to irreconcilable differences and incompatibility, but remained friends. (i.e. I was open-minded, expressive, imaginative, free-thinking and free-spirited, while she was judgmental, materialistic, and closed-minded.) Gradually, I realized and discovered that my soul and destiny were not fit for a conventional business career or the corporate culture, but wasn’t sure what the alternatives were. I found that I was too much of a “free spiritâ€￾ and a fish out of water in their materialistic and conformist mentality.
Falcon
Experienced Poster

Postby Winston » Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:36 pm

I met her at a community college through a Chinese immigrant girl, who became our mutual friend. I wish I had gone for the Chinese girl, because she was taller and better looking. But she had no charisma whereas my Vietnamese girlfriend did.

They were accounting students, so not very open minded, but rigid and narrow.

The three of us hung out for a few months, until she and I developed feelings for each other, which culminated into our first kiss and makeout on the couch in my living room while we were watching "Empire Strikes Back". It was a surreal moment. While we were kissing, the background sounds from the movie became like "sounds of heaven". lol

The relationship was very sexual in that we had sex almost everyday. But I soon got tired of her. She was short and I started lusting after taller girls.

Our personality didn't connect well though. She was on a simpler wavelength and didn't have many interests. She only understood practical things. Plus she had a nasty temper and would argue about little things, such as the way I took chips out of the bag, which she said looked too feminine. This meant that she was unhappy, because only unhappy people argue about little things.

She later revealed that she only got together with me because I was a useful asset in helping her with her essays and homework in English. I don't know if she really meant that though, or if she was just looking for an excuse to break up.

Deep down she was a good person though with no malice.

My second girlfriend after that was in Washington. I met her through AOL while mass mailing a lot of girls in Washington by doing searches in AOL member directory.

Btw, FYI, when I said that girls in America were unapproachable, I meant 99.99 percent. I didn't mean that I never had a girlfriend.
Check out the latest posts in our blog The Happier Abroaders.

Don't forget my HA Grand Ebook and Dating Sites!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
Winston
Site Admin

Postby Winston » Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:41 pm

Here are some pics of her and me taken around my house if you want to see them. Didn't I look so innocent, thin and handsome? lol

Check out the latest posts in our blog The Happier Abroaders.

Don't forget my HA Grand Ebook and Dating Sites!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
Winston
Site Admin

Postby Falcon » Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:19 pm

Not bad at all! Thanks for sharing. I had also grown up in one of those neighborhoods in the Bay.

Things have changed after 20 years. When you two were dating, I was still a little baby. Many good-looking young guys in college now get absolutely NO women and have never gone out on dates. Now it's also very hard to find Asian-American women with that kind of sweet, innocent, laid-back look that Phuong had. Glad you got out of the US before things actually started to turn really, really bad. I'm also just about to make my exodus, very soon.
Falcon
Experienced Poster

Postby aozora13 » Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:45 pm

Falcon, are you trying to go to Mexico or to somewhere else?
aozora13
Freshman Poster

Return to Questions and Advice