Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.

Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife

View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

You are your own worst enemy!

Ask questions and get advice, or share advice. Disclaimer: Any advice you take here is at your own risk. We are not liable for any consequences you might incur from following someone's advice here.
Note: Before posting your question, do a search for it in the Google Search box at the top to see if it's already been addressed.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

You are your own worst enemy!

Postby odbo » Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:56 am

Ignorance, weakness, pride, stubbornness, delusion/disassociation, all road blocks preventing your life from going down the road of its true potential. So how do you cope with this hard-hitting, perhaps bitter realization?

Seeing faults (and cures for them) in others is easy but it proves rather difficult when applied to yourself. Another problem is regret and trauma, forgiving others is painless, but forgiving yourself and being able to move on is no effortless task.

Did you develop a system for analyzing your failings and fixing your faults. Or do you beat yourself up a lot, and if so is this constructive?

Last edited by odbo on Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
odbo
Veteran Poster

Re: You are your own worst enemy!

Postby lavezzi » Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:33 pm

what potental is there to be fulfilled other than simply being here? we are called human 'beings' for a reason. we are not gods, we cannot create, so there is nothing to 'do'. however, there is nothing wrong with doing things, or fulfilling ones potential whatever one feels that may be. but it is not the object of life. the object of life is and always has been, to be.

we are all faulty because we are humans. however, it is important not to see these faults as being personal. we have a conscience and enough integrity to use it to an adequate level, so as long as we are not behaving like savages and causing direct suffering to others, our faults arent a problem whatsoever.

we evolved from animals. animals kill and have sex without even knowing what they are doing. it is this animal drive which still causes us to posess an instinctive drive to 'do', even though survival and perpetuation of the species is all but ensured. it is completely unconscious and irrational, but we rationalize it consciously in ways such as feeling a 'need' to fulfill our personal potential.

there is no "your" life or "my" life, only life. life is awareness. awareness is primary and of ultimate importance, everything which happens through it is secondary and only of relative importance. humans have an innate tendency to overlook what is significant, awareness, and get completely entangled in an insignifcant personal perspective, and through this we analyze and differentiate everything in existence which we happen to come into contact with. its a complex system of delusion, and because of it we feel jaded, unsatisfied and bored. everything seems old and farmiliar, but this is only because we differentiate and contrast certain things against other things which we perceive as being exciting and new. everything is the same in reality. it is simply sights, sounds, feelings etc. they are equal and neutral on their own. this is the ultimate realization and when it is realized everything we experience seems fresh and new.
lavezzi
Junior Poster

Postby odbo » Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:33 am

lavezzi you missed the point, but i'm too lazy to explain. Bumping this in case someone wants to share their wisdom.
odbo
Veteran Poster

Re: You are your own worst enemy!

Postby jboy » Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:23 am

odbo wrote:Ignorance, weakness, pride, stubbornness, delusion/disassociation, all road blocks preventing your life from going down the road of its true potential. So how do you cope with this hard-hitting, perhaps bitter realization?

Seeing faults (and cures for them) in others is easy but it proves rather difficult when applied to yourself. Another problem is regret and trauma, forgiving others is painless, but forgiving yourself and being able to move on is no effortless task.

Did you develop a system for analyzing your failings and fixing your faults. Or do you beat yourself up a lot, and if so is this constructive?

Odbo, what is going on man? You seemed to have turned over a new leaf lately.
jboy
Freshman Poster

Postby odbo » Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:33 am

most of the males on this forum deserve their fate whatever it may be. most also deserve some kicks to the head and then castration or a long stint in a southeast-asian prison.
odbo
Veteran Poster

Postby ILoveBlackAmericanWomen » Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:05 am

This is a good post. Many people do have baggage and they must let go in order to start to heal from whatever emotional trauma and/or pain they have dealt with. Holding hate in your heart will only hurt you not the person you hate.
To be white or black - is to not be a human, but a living definition and label. To be a slave to definition, to fashion, to the industries that market us like cattle, emptying our pockets like the udders of the cow, being paid to cut our bodies for cosmetics, benefiting off of putting harsh chemicals on our heads, making money off of us choosing to live and participate in the reality they created. Don't be "black", don't be "white", don''t be "Asian", don't be "Latin." Destroy the illusion, become human.
ILoveBlackAmericanWomen
Freshman Poster

Postby odbo » Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:44 am

ILoveBlackAmericanWomen wrote:This is a good post. Many people do have baggage and they must let go in order to start to heal from whatever emotional trauma and/or pain they have dealt with. Holding hate in your heart will only hurt you not the person you hate.

Who asked you? Take your negress pop-psychology b.s. back the way you came and don't let the door hit your black ass on the way out.
odbo
Veteran Poster

Postby aozora13 » Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:34 pm

Odbo,

It sounds pretty much a war on certain groups with your responses. However, your post is good and most people, should follow it, even beyond the forum.
aozora13
Freshman Poster

Postby ILoveBlackAmericanWomen » Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:44 pm

odbo wrote:
ILoveBlackAmericanWomen wrote:This is a good post. Many people do have baggage and they must let go in order to start to heal from whatever emotional trauma and/or pain they have dealt with. Holding hate in your heart will only hurt you not the person you hate.

Who asked you? Take your negress pop-psychology b.s. back the way you came and don't let the door hit your black a** on the way out.

Lol I knew that was coming. I have seen you previous racial rants lol. I'll tell you what.. I'll take my negress b.s back to where I came from after you take your racist predictable behind back to where you came from. Men like you come a dime a dozen.
To be white or black - is to not be a human, but a living definition and label. To be a slave to definition, to fashion, to the industries that market us like cattle, emptying our pockets like the udders of the cow, being paid to cut our bodies for cosmetics, benefiting off of putting harsh chemicals on our heads, making money off of us choosing to live and participate in the reality they created. Don't be "black", don't be "white", don''t be "Asian", don't be "Latin." Destroy the illusion, become human.
ILoveBlackAmericanWomen
Freshman Poster

Postby Billy » Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:46 pm

odbo, what´s new in stormfrontcountry?

as to the topic. i´m little bit with lavezzi, in the end life has no point.

i don´t make any great moves which could be irreversible like having a family and having children.

as to how to avoid mistakes. there is a huge selhelp industry that deals with the topic. in my case i liked to read that stuff but nowadays most got repetitive and not so usefula.

anyway i triad to implement some fail controlling mechanisms. but most things are generally known like using:

diaries
kalender + todo lists
reading loudly
doing workouts = this is very important
playing pick up basketball
minimalism = also very important
trying not to be afraid of dead so life becomes easier
not needing to work
and some more rutins for moodmanagement.

i think the most usefull thing is like socrates said: know yourself. this of course
is not that easy. it takes time, commitment, loneliness, persistence.

but on the long run we will be all dead so take it easy white man :)
Billy
Experienced Poster

Return to Questions and Advice