Recommended books-ESL teachers crazy experiences overseas

Ask questions and get advice. Disclaimer: Any advice you take here is at your own risk. We are not liable for any consequences you might incur from following advice here. Note: Before posting your question, do a search for it in the Google Search box at the top to see if it's been addressed.
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Recommended books-ESL teachers crazy experiences overseas

Post by zboy1 »

If anyone is interested in becoming an ESL teacher overseas, I am personally recommending these books to other members of HA--as it details the trials and tribulations and wacky stories of some ESL teachers that people will find quite intriguing.

Vodkaberg: Nine Years in Russia (English Teacher X)

English Teacher X Guide To Teaching English Abroad: Practical Advice for Surviving the Perils and Pitfalls of a TEFL Job

Prisoner of Wonderland: An ESL Misadventure (South Korea)

Read the preview of the book, Prisoner of Wonderland here: http://books.google.com/books?id=-2BvJq ... &q&f=false

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

Konglish: The Ultimate Survival Guide for Teaching English in South Korea

Top 5 Reasons not to Teach ESL in South Korea
http://www.squidoo.com/top-5-reasons-no ... outh-korea

I Came To In Geumho-dong
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on October 27th, 2016, 11:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

Ghost wrote:I am currently working on getting an ESL job. The offers are fairly easy to get; it's the details that get you! I am trying to negotiate some things right now so that I don't end up in a tough spot.

Regardless, though, it is always prudent to go with some money in your pocket and a solid back-up plan.
I recommend you avoid going to Korea, Ghost. After reading many of the books from ESL teachers about the place, Koreans are really some of the worst people on the planet. I should know, being a Korean man myself; rude, materialistic, greedy, hateful, racist, and very Anti-American, Koreans can be the scum of the Earth....