Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Monday nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE AFA Seminar! See locations and dates here.



View Active Topics       View Your Posts       Latest 100 Topics       FAQ Topics       Mobile Friendly Theme


Feasibility/risks of bringing an Asian woman into Australia?

Ask questions and get advice. Disclaimer: Any advice you take here is at your own risk. We are not liable for any consequences you might incur from following advice here. Note: Before posting your question, do a search for it in the Google Search box at the top to see if it's been addressed.

Moderators: fschmidt, jamesbond

Post Reply
clowny
Freshman Poster
Posts: 291
Joined: January 30th, 2013, 10:05 am

Feasibility/risks of bringing an Asian woman into Australia?

Post by clowny » February 7th, 2013, 8:36 am

As you're probably well aware, there's quite a market for aussie men travelling to asia (particularly southeast asia) with hopes of finding a bride to bring home with them. As I get older, I am increasingly intrigued by this phenomenon. I'm just curious to know if there's any men on this forum who have done this, or plan on doing it, or know somebody who has done it. I am interested in your stories and opinions on this topic, particularly from men who have actually visited or lived in asia (I have never been outside australia).

I'd also like to know what country you think would be the best bet for finding prospective asian wives? I find the idea of thailand and the phillipines a bit off-putting, just because these places have been frequented by wife-seeking western men for decades, and as such I think they're probably oversaturated with old western men and devious local women looking to exploit them for monetary gain.

I look forward to your responses.




Check out our Dating Sites and International Romance Tours!



Banano
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2012
Joined: June 11th, 2011, 9:26 am

Post by Banano » February 7th, 2013, 9:27 am

Stay away from thailand, PH should be avoided uness you get really realy desperate and have no other options, as you pointed out the above countries are oversaturated with old and young westen men

Try Indonesia, its a progressive muslim country, chicks have more meat on them, place isnt as touristy and it has 240 mil of people

clowny
Freshman Poster
Posts: 291
Joined: January 30th, 2013, 10:05 am

Post by clowny » February 7th, 2013, 9:56 am

Banano wrote:Stay away from thailand, PH should be avoided uness you get really realy desperate and have no other options, as you pointed out the above countries are oversaturated with old and young westen men

Try Indonesia, its a progressive muslim country, chicks have more meat on them, place isnt as touristy and it has 240 mil of people


I am good friends with an indonesian man who immigrated here. He told me that sulawesi in indonesia has great women who want to be in traditional marriages, plus not that many tourists go there. Although, I do not feel that I would be compatible with a muslim woman, and I am led to believe that they won't marry outside their religion anyway.

What about laos, vietnam or cambodia?

OutWest
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2253
Joined: March 19th, 2011, 8:09 am
Location: Asia/USA

Re: Feasibility/risks of bringing an asian woman into austra

Post by OutWest » February 7th, 2013, 10:19 am

clowny wrote:As you're probably well aware, there's quite a market for aussie men travelling to asia (particularly southeast asia) with hopes of finding a bride to bring home with them. As I get older, I am increasingly intrigued by this phenomenon. I'm just curious to know if there's any men on this forum who have done this, or plan on doing it, or know somebody who has done it. I am interested in your stories and opinions on this topic, particularly from men who have actually visited or lived in asia (I have never been outside australia).

I'd also like to know what country you think would be the best bet for finding prospective asian wives? I find the idea of thailand and the phillipines a bit off-putting, just because these places have been frequented by wife-seeking western men for decades, and as such I think they're probably oversaturated with old western men and devious local women looking to exploit them for monetary gain.

I look forward to your responses.


You will get a variety of replies, most of them foolish. Last year, the US issued about 30,000 fiance visas for the entire world.
The Philippines alone has a population of somewhere around 95 million. The chances of a good girl here finding a foreign mate is pretty slim- it is very unlikely for most.

Far more likely is that she will have a few scrapes with some foreign dolts looking for a free/whore and will finally give up on the idea
of meeting a decent foreign man because they are so rare.

If you actually have some good character to offer, and you actually show up in the Philippines, the competition is extremely thin.
For more common to see are Western men who are a total waste of skin- slimy degenerates looking for a hole in the mattress.

Far more common then any kind of Man is some "guy" heading to Angeles City to bing p4p girls and he will BS a bit about "finding a good one to marry." when we both know that is total crap. He is just trying to feel better about himself by referring to marriage.


It's just the way it is.

Outwest
Misamis Oriental, Mindanao

Banano
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2012
Joined: June 11th, 2011, 9:26 am

Post by Banano » February 7th, 2013, 12:04 pm

Be carefull with asian women and bringing them back to AUstralia;



Whats your age group, how well do you do in pubs and bars?


The biggest prob i see with people who go SEA with intent to marry Aian girl is that these people have no experience with women at all, socially awkward with not many friends, average at best to ugly looking, to me its like sending someone to war who never fired a single shot in entire life.

Banano
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2012
Joined: June 11th, 2011, 9:26 am

Post by Banano » February 7th, 2013, 12:04 pm

double post deleted

clowny
Freshman Poster
Posts: 291
Joined: January 30th, 2013, 10:05 am

Post by clowny » February 11th, 2013, 2:34 pm

Banano wrote:Whats your age group, how well do you do in pubs and bars?


I don't go to pubs and bars. Not my scene.

Banano wrote:The biggest prob i see with people who go SEA with intent to marry Aian girl is that these people have no experience with women at all, socially awkward with not many friends, average at best to ugly looking, to me its like sending someone to war who never fired a single shot in entire life.


Yeah, that pretty much describes me. :cry:

ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster
Posts: 3606
Joined: September 6th, 2007, 7:30 pm

Re: Feasibility/risks of bringing an asian woman into austra

Post by ladislav » February 11th, 2013, 3:27 pm

Exactly what I noticed. Distances, logistics, and the quality of men who actually make it to the Philippines make competition a non-issue. I spoke with girls who were online looking for guys and well, very few get visited. Many guys who contact them are either spineless wimps or creeps. The wimps usually have no money/time to visit the Philippines and /or have wrong priorities.

A case in point- I know one girl from a fairly good family who was in touch with her for 8 months and who kept promising to visit her but kept postponing allegedly because ( he was working as a teacher in Korea) he had no time- he had to work. I pulled up a Korean school year calendar for her to look at and it was mottled with all these breaks and three day weekends and anyone who had half the interest in the girl would fly out and visit her even for a day. Then, he said- oh, but the tickets are too expensive. Is this a man?

And among the creeps, they have men who ask these girls to undress on cam so that they could jack off. These are the idiots that girls have to deal with.

Granted, many girls are also either total airheads or they have a very simplistic concept of what a foreigner/American/white man ( these three words are absolute synonyms for Filipinos) is like. Most think we are very rich and they have a view of the US from 1946. When they find out that we have to work and that we refuse to treat their huge entourages of family/friends to dinner, they get disappointed and shocked- what kind of American are you?

Some girls online also cheat guys by faking illness and emergencies as well as the need for tuition to go to school and get saps to send them money- they do it with many guys and get multiple sources of income all of which goes to "help the family". A lot of girls also have BFs and even husbands who are poor and/or good for nothing drunks and this is when they start looking for foreigners- a magic race of people on the other side of the globe with unlimited money. Many will just take your money and bring it back to the boyfriend. Cheating, swindling, shameless lying abound in this type of dating.

The so called "educated" Filipinas are very similar to Americans in education- practical with very little general knowledge. I met high school graduates who thought London was in America and who did not know what country was to the south of the Philippines. And then you get college graduates and there is very little to talk about in terms of politics, geography, world history- they know very little outside of their field. Kind of like American but even more so.

Anyway, there is a lot of seiving that you will need to do in the Philippines and for that you need to be there. The online route may be an auxiliary path but you need to combine it with actual live visits and courting while there. One problem with the online thing is that photos can be deceiving. For example, I went to visit one girl, and her hands and feet were bigger than mine. Nothing to hold against her but not very attractive sexually speaking. Another girl was very pretty but had dragon breath. One girl had a huge head ( proportions were not clear in video chat). Another one had a very strange body- as if legs were growing directly from her chest. While I do have respect for those people, they are not exactly my type of mates.

You really need to go and visit and stay there for a while.
Last edited by ladislav on February 11th, 2013, 3:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Questions and Advice”