To go to Japan, or not to go to Japan

Ask questions and get advice. Disclaimer: Any advice you take here is at your own risk. We are not liable for any consequences you might incur from following advice here. Note: Before posting your question, do a search for it in the Google Search box at the top to see if it's been addressed.
magnum
Junior Poster

Post by magnum »

What I'm about to say is 100% superficial and I fully admit that, however, it's the truth.

I don't find philippines attractive, I've seen a few acceptions, mostly super models.

My list would be for physically ideal women something like this.

Korean, japanese, chinese, vietnamese, thai ect,

The problem is finding a girl who's as beautiful inside as out, and then getting a date with her, the rest will fall in to place easy if she's looking for a quality monogamous man.

I've thought about korea too, but my own interactions with one left me with frost bite from her old black heart, I'd imagine after what I've read about korean girls to a lot of guys its best to skip it, though ironically you would think it's ideal because koreans are super christian.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

magnum wrote:Well xiongmao that's real experience talking, how old were you when you dated in japan?

I respect your input, that makes me have pause when thinking about it for sure.

Just today I had a conversation with a chinese guy, i can't type out his name, but he lived in the usa for 6 years, we had a conversation about my plans ect, he said I should for sure go to japan too, I don't understand, is it a "grass is greener on the other side" kind of deal or what?

All the chinese men say japanese girls are nicer, and that personal experience tells them a guy like me will do awesome in japan, granted they could just be trying to give me encouragement, but this is coming from some people with living experience in japan, makes me wonder if I'll do well looks/fitness wise, but on the flip side, that should give me a really big boost here in china too, I guess in the end it'll come down to find out for your self or make the choice to play it safe and stick with china.

It sounds about right when it comes to the more attractive women, it would boil down to quality of the girls personality and how attractive valuable they think I am, plus if your saying I have to shower them with money it's not ideal, but on the flip side chinese girls seem to be sexually attracted to money, so isn't that kind of the same thing?

And I wont lie, I'm looking for a woman as attractive outside as inside, so if all I'm going to do is land a ugly desperate japanese girl who's almost 30, forget that, but I've read stories about guys landing my ideal, wish I had done this 8 years ago.. it would be a known factor already!
I don't doubt the correctness of what folks here are telling you, that China is generaly for a Westerner to bride-hun in.

But we don't know you. The folks who DO know you are telling you Japan. Is it the way you come across, or the fact that you don't have much money, or an interest in Japanese culture? Whatever it is, there is a reason.

Just a thought.

Anyway, time is short, savor every minute you're in Asia. And if and when Miss Right appears. move in and don't stop.
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

My Chinese friend here, her friend married a Japanese man. He was a little chubby, and so was she. But l look at their photo and they look like a perfect couple. Also she is way hotter than the Japanese woman he could have hoped to attract.

Also I showed a guy here a photo of my first Chinese gf and... yeah, he was impressed.

I was 38 when I dated some Japanese women, they ranged in age from 32-38.

Filipinas can make great wives as well, and if you're a younger guy then you'll be able to date some really hot girls there. They're very friendly and obviously there's not too much of a language barrier either. There aren't many Filipinas here (quite honestly we don't need any more people here!) but if there were I'd try and meet some.

I haven't met any new girls here yet. I need to find some good places to meet good 'uns. I'm doing a bit of work on Chinese Love Links, but it's really hard work to shortlist some worth meeting. And right now I'm busy sorting out my visa, apartment etc. etc. I have a longer term game plan here anyway, so there's no hurry.

Also by the end of the semester my Chinese should be pretty good. Honestly, in an 80 minute class today we practically covered all you need to know about sentence structure, so we just need to learn the words for things.
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.
fschmidt
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by fschmidt »

I hope women isn't the only consideration for where to do. Japan is the world's most civilized country, and for that reason it is worth visiting.
magnum
Junior Poster

Post by magnum »

Not the only, but a huge factor, the objective is to get married before I'm 30 to a younger woman, 18 to 25, though Im not sure how realistic that is in japan, so that's one thing to consider.

The culture, the shared hobbies, and the women.

I like a lot of aspects of japan, however, I'll go where I can get the best wife too, I've got a few years to complete my objective, if my hope for a wife and family fail, I'll feel rather foolish, but a mans got to try what he can to achieve his goals.

Seems japanese women don't date older men that much, so seeing as i'll be 28 by the time I get to japan, I'd probably be looking at a dating pool of 25 to 28, am I correct in that assumption, if so that's reason enough to maybe back away from the idea of japan.
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

Absolutely. Initially I went to China to meet a girl I met online. However, my current residency in China has a wider scope. While I still want to date girls here, I'm also mindful that I'm putting some hefty meat on my resume by figuring out how the world's 2nd largest economy works.

Japan is dazzling, but it's expensive and it will take a lifetime to figure out the country and especially its women.

In all honesty there are far better opportunities in China as far as career advancement and women are concerned.

Plus if you come here to learn Mandarin, then you'll be able to communicate using the two most common languages in the world - bad English and bad Mandarin :)
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.