Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.

Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife

View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

What to do and where to go

Ask questions and get advice, or share advice. Disclaimer: Any advice you take here is at your own risk. We are not liable for any consequences you might incur from following someone's advice here.
Note: Before posting your question, do a search for it in the Google Search box at the top to see if it's already been addressed.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

What to do and where to go

Postby Dark_Sol » Sat Mar 02, 2013 12:54 pm

After my time here in Ethiopia, I am pretty satisfied. Met a lot of nice girls and need a change of scenery. But there might be problems with my financial situation and needing to unload some of my stuff. I can go to the Philippines, it cost 965 and a 21 day visa. I can go to country x for 900 and get a free 60 day visa and return to the US for 1400 or do a visa run to the border(which is just about a stone throw away. Or go back to the US for 1200, consolidate my money, make a better plan and apply for some visas

From the US From Ethiopia
Paraguay-1150 Paraguay-1500
countryx- 1300 countryx-900
philippines-950 philippines-965
cambodia-900 cambodia-1000
Indonesia-850 Indonesia-800
Peru-700 Peru-1550
HHhhhmmmm choices, choices. Need some ideas, cause I personally want to keep on traveling, but I have a feeling that there is going to be a problem with my money. Not the first time the VA decided that I owe them some of the money back.
Dark_Sol
Freshman Poster

Postby sfexcellence » Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:22 pm

I have no experience with any of these countries, but I would say that unless the situation with your finances is more acute and means that going back to the US would resolve them, continue the adventure and head for other countries, no need to head back to the US unless you absolutely have to.
sfexcellence
Freshman Poster

Location: Body in Vancouver Canada, Mind + Heart + Soul in the World

Re: What to do and where to go

Postby clowny » Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:33 am

Dark_Sol wrote:After my time here in Ethiopia, I am pretty satisfied. Met a lot of nice girls and need a change of scenery. But there might be problems with my financial situation and needing to unload some of my stuff. I can go to the Philippines, it cost 965 and a 21 day visa. I can go to country x for 900 and get a free 60 day visa and return to the US for 1400 or do a visa run to the border(which is just about a stone throw away. Or go back to the US for 1200, consolidate my money, make a better plan and apply for some visas

From the US From Ethiopia
Paraguay-1150 Paraguay-1500
countryx- 1300 countryx-900
philippines-950 philippines-965
cambodia-900 cambodia-1000
Indonesia-850 Indonesia-800
Peru-700 Peru-1550
HHhhhmmmm choices, choices. Need some ideas, cause I personally want to keep on traveling, but I have a feeling that there is going to be a problem with my money. Not the first time the VA decided that I owe them some of the money back.

Do you have any stories or photos of ethiopian girls to share with the forum?
clowny
Freshman Poster

Postby Dark_Sol » Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:35 am

I have pictures of two girls, but stopped after every time I pulled it out to take a picture of someone. They tend to want to see every pics on it. Both pics are girls from the Hotel I was staying at. Needless to say, one was upset at the young one. As for stories, yup. After trying different types of areas to pick girls up(easy lay is the bar, but there is a high chance the girl is a pro or wants money). Go for shop girls, just smile, walk up to them and ask their name. They get a big smile and giggle with their friend and give you her phone number. Than you take her out to dinner that night and try to understand each other. But one girl who works at a restaurant, Jesus, is she cute and nice.

First time I walked in, she gave me a big smile. She understand English a bit. I asked for anything to eat and she came back with a platter of vegetarian food, it was Wednesday and no one eats meat that day. She than was asking if it was good and if I needed anything else. Well, later on she just kept on giving me more food, but said it was OK. That it was from her. She was just stuffing me and being a doll. So, the next day I came back. She saw me, was surprised, gave a huge smile and later that day was acting cute. Flirting a bit and doing funny things, like she grab a can of air freshener and use to much. Me and the other guys were just looking at her and laughing, she turned to me and smiled. She than did it even more, she was pleased I found it amusing and wanted to do it more. I think she is around 19-22 and she makes me feel like a school boy who has a crush. Feels nostalgic and great. She is the type you marry and have kids with. I just feel bad that I will be leaving and didn't have the chance to date her.

I'll write a longer piece, but for now I am really trying to think of where to go.
Dark_Sol
Freshman Poster

Postby Mr S » Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:04 am

What are your main goals when going to a country. You just want to live somewhere inexpensive or is the nightlife and girls the most important thing for you?

Indonesia is probably the cheapest place to live on your list, but the girls aren't that great.

Paraguay might be a good mix of both.

Philippines is only a good place to live cheap with girls around if you stay away from the major cities and foreigner hang outs. IF you can give up a foreigner lifestyle and live/eat mainly local foods then you can live fairly inexpensively. I'd say 1000 a month can take you far if you stay away from Manila, Cebu, Angeles City, Baguio areas.
"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." Marcus Aurelius, Roman Emperor and stoic philosopher, 121-180 A.D.
Mr S
Veteran Poster

Postby Dark_Sol » Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:58 am

Live cheap, but have some nice girls around. I've been living in a shitty rundown apartment, on a dirty mat in a small room with a shitty roommate here. Back in the states, I lived in a studio with just my sleeping bag and a computer. I think I am better off living on my own, but it is hard getting a good apartment without the Farangi price.

Right now I just bought a ticket back to the US. I will seriously plan better and learn what I need before coming to a country. It was fun, but to costly. Some bad dates, bad planing (my host not appearing and staying in a ripoff hotel for a week. 100 a night) finding cheap good food and so on.
Dark_Sol
Freshman Poster

Postby Jester » Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:49 am

sfexcellence wrote:I have no experience with any of these countries, but I would say that unless the situation with your finances is more acute and means that going back to the US would resolve them, continue the adventure and head for other countries, no need to head back to the US unless you absolutely have to.

Exactly. Spend lowest possible airfare from Ethiopia, go to Phils or Country X.

Language = English or Spanish is a plus right now to get around easier and quickly find cheap housing etc, no wasting money in hotels or taxicabs.

if you have relatives in Peru you can stay with a while, it might be worth the airfare difference if resolving money issues could take a few months. Kick back and take it easy.

Avoid the US.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: What to do and where to go

Postby Jester » Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:51 am

clowny wrote:
Do you have any stories or photos of ethiopian girls to share with the forum?

+1
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Return to Questions and Advice