Fastest way to make money to get back to China?

Ask questions and get advice. Disclaimer: Any advice you take here is at your own risk. We are not liable for any consequences you might incur from following advice here. Note: Before posting your question, do a search for it in the Google Search box at the top to see if it's been addressed.
ringspun
Freshman Poster

Post by ringspun »

xiongmao wrote:Online earning is very hard and buying stocks is a matter of luck. I've done both, and it's very difficult, especially if you can't afford to waste your cash experimenting.

For instant win you MUST get a teaching certificate, make it your #1 priority. You can teach here without one, I've found my academic background is enough, as have others. But if you don't have an academic background, then a CELTA or TESOL is good enough.

You've seen how many people there are here, you simply won't be allowed to work here unless it's to do English teaching.

Already I've turned down 2 English teaching job opportunities here. My plan is a long term game plan.

You can hustle here and export stuff. $$$$ can be made here if you have good contacts and know your niche. But work permits are very hard to get, and if you get caught illegally working, you'll be deported.
Thats good information. Thanks
Seeker
Freshman Poster

Post by Seeker »

To teach English or any other subject in China LEGALLY you absolutely require a degree. The chances of you finding any decent paying legal work in China without a degree are minimal and to be honest, without so much as a high school diploma you really have no business teaching anyone.
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

Ha ha ha, this is China. Since when has the law mattered?

Good contacts are everything here. And having the confidence to talk to people is the most valuable skill you need.

In related news, my Chinese bought shoes lasted 6 days. See if you want to go into the import/export business one bad consignment like that could bankrupt you. So be exceedingly careful if you come here to hustle.
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.
Seeker
Freshman Poster

Post by Seeker »

xiongmao wrote:Ha ha ha, this is China. Since when has the law mattered?

Good contacts are everything here. And having the confidence to talk to people is the most valuable skill you need.

In related news, my Chinese bought shoes lasted 6 days. See if you want to go into the import/export business one bad consignment like that could bankrupt you. So be exceedingly careful if you come here to hustle.
Those teaching without degrees tend to be at the bottom of the barrel, the most badly paid and the most likely to be exploited, they're able to be sent out of China at the merest whim of their employer. The OP has been warned, what he does is up to him.
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

I read on the local Chinese newspaper (in LA) that parents from China are coming to US for vacation and stocking up on baby supplies. Besides the baby formula, they're buying baby bottles, pacifiers, toys, and various infant related goods. The irony is that much of it is Made in China to US safety standards, but they cannot find it for sale in China.

I do not know how widespread this is, or what the market demand is. But it's potentially profitable if anyone wants to look into buying the stuff in the US and shipping it to China.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on October 28th, 2016, 12:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

On the baby stuff, yeah I saw loads of baby milk being carried across the border crossing at Shenzhen.

It's potentially a good business, although most "smugglers" are buying it for their own family.

But you need to consider that 80 million Cantonese have thought of the same business idea! Also imports are heavily taxed here, especially anything that can be produced here.
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.