Fastest way to make money to get back to China?

Ask questions and get advice. Disclaimer: Any advice you take here is at your own risk. We are not liable for any consequences you might incur from following advice here. Note: Before posting your question, do a search for it in the Google Search box at the top to see if it's been addressed.
magnum
Junior Poster

Fastest way to make money to get back to China?

Post by magnum »

So I'm 100% in, I have to get back to china so I can reunite with my girl friend.

I will be buying food tax free, and have a rent free house to stay in, so it's on to save money.

my buddy said I have a part time job waiting for me when I get to his place, but part time wont cut it if I want to save as much cash as I can before seeing my girl again.

I already have the money for the ticket back to china and the passport, but I need the bank roll to establish my self, not to mention my ignorance about the "work visa" work around or how to get as long of a stay as possible, I don't know of anyone who could sponsor me, or anyone who would provide enough funds to be worth sponsoring me.

I figure 2000$ should be enough to find a job, and if desperate get some kind of english teaching job, I think I can save that in 2 months or less, ideally though, I'd rather have 4000$ before heading over, that way if things don't work out with her, I can always cut my losses and continue the search for a wife.

I can import some items to sell in china too, my buddy told me a few tricks we could use to do this, but the problem with that is, I'd be the odd guy out, and have no way to track of my cut of the pie was fair.

Teaching english online can be done from the usa too, so I'm pondering doing that right off the bat, having zero experience it might not go so well.

My girl friend has 2 to 3 years of study left, and I refuse to ask her to leave before she concludes her studies not to mention I like china more than the usa, so I'd never want to bring her to this horrible isolating place of suffering.

One thing she did say however, is that she wanted to study for 2 years in france, then I told her it sounds as though she wont have room in her future for me because she already has plans, her responds was "my plans can change" so I'm thinking this girl is a keeper based on comments such as these, otherwise I don't think she'd be willing to sacrifice things like that. :P
zacb
Experienced Poster

Post by zacb »

Hustling certain items can make you some good money (I was recently reading about this on the Rooshv forum, but it was discussing Brazil). I would suggest setting up an online business, leverage that temporary money and create a sustainable business. FOr more sustainable businesses, I would suggest maybe writing on kindle (although I would suggest writing multiple books). English could be a good short term option. Also, building up money and investing them in stocks with decent dividends can help. For instance, I found a stock that is yielding 13 %, and it was at only $4 something. If you have a sizable sum, you could maybe live off that (I know at least for the Philippines that would be double the minimum you would need to live), assuming you had 100,000 to invest. I would also educate myself on online and offline marketing (and sales). For online sales, I would check out warriorforum.com. And as far as offline stuff, I would suggest selling stuff you like. Right now I am looking into a position that would teach me the basics of insurance. So just keep hustling :D .
The Daily Agorist, Learn to Live Independent of the System! http://www.theagoristreview.blogspot.com
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

Online earning is very hard and buying stocks is a matter of luck. I've done both, and it's very difficult, especially if you can't afford to waste your cash experimenting.

For instant win you MUST get a teaching certificate, make it your #1 priority. You can teach here without one, I've found my academic background is enough, as have others. But if you don't have an academic background, then a CELTA or TESOL is good enough.

You've seen how many people there are here, you simply won't be allowed to work here unless it's to do English teaching.

Already I've turned down 2 English teaching job opportunities here. My plan is a long term game plan.

You can hustle here and export stuff. $$$$ can be made here if you have good contacts and know your niche. But work permits are very hard to get, and if you get caught illegally working, you'll be deported.
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

To the OP:

Please remember to capitalize the first letter of your thread title, and also capitalize names of countries and ethnicities too, such as China or America. Putting it in all lowercase looks sloppy and uneducated. I went ahead and fixed it in this thread title. Please remember this so I don't have to fix so many thread titles everyday.

Thanks,
Winston
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

If you're back in the US, I would have thought it was obviously just a case of getting a job or selling drugs or whatever to get money. As already stated, the easiest way to stay in China would be to teach English, as you could get a Z visa and a place to stay. Often the work hours aren't very long.
magnum
Junior Poster

Post by magnum »

Ok, I'll remember to capitalize all my countrys ect, but I don't think I do too shabby for a guy who never went to high school or college :twisted:

I won't sell drugs, though the idea of beating a drug dealer half to death and pocketing his funds is appealing to me.

That was a plan of mine, in the months I'd be working in the usa, I would get a TESOL cirt, and a personal training cirt.

My girl friend has told me for summer break she wants me to come live at her house while she's off, but I'm not so sure that's a great idea, to me that's more of a test for her to see how serous I am, and I am serous, but it might be a little odd, as she lives with her parents, however, such a offer of living in her home with her parents for the holiday would imply she's vary serous about me.

Seems my plan to get the TESOL, and perosnal training cirts are my best bet, as both these jobs seem easy for me to get.

I might have a contact with a guy that's...how to put it...a loan collector type...but if I did that kind of work, I would probably get caught for standing out, or because they need a fall guy, so not a realistic option.
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

Yeah, TESOL is good. Work on that plan. It's much easier to find a job when you're actually here though. Well you can always take anything and sit it out till something better turns up.

Just stay on the right side of the law because if you get a criminal record then China's off limits.

Living with a girl is best avoided, because it's her way of owning you. And while you might think you're in love with her, if she's a 7 and a 9 comes along, then you'll soon forget all about her. Well who knows, I'm pretty new at this. But all I know is that going on a date with a 9 was just a whole better experience than anything I've achieved here so far.

I'm still figuring out what I'm gonna do here. Assuming I get my visa then I'll be a student till the end of June. Quite honestly I don't know what the point is learning Mandarin in Guangzhou - I barely heard any Mandarin speakers today! Haizhu is a Cantonese fortress, and on the metro I heard any number of dialects. I was even stood next to a couple of girls from Kazakhstan. One smooth operator got their phone numbers! See, if you got game, you can do well here!

I've had a dateless weekend which was a shame. But it seems Miss Xiang is back in the running - she wants me to visit her city. And it's going well with Ms Wang - I think I'm nearly at the stage when I can meet her for the first time. Which is great because she looks just like my favourite Asian p**n star. Well who knows what she's like in real life, but 9 times out of 10, if I've had a good feeling about the girl on a dating site, then she's just as hot in real life.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
magnum
Junior Poster

Post by magnum »

Well, the girl I'm with has voiced that she's not only willing to change her plans for me, but she's willing to work a job just so we can see one another sooner.

I understand what you are saying about wait for a 9 or 10, but I'm looking for more than just a hot girl... this girl is attractive enough to me, despite where she would land on the "hot" scale, everyone has said she's a pass, and honestly...the girl knows I'm 27, knows I don't have a job back in the usa right now.

The chances of finding a 20 year old who's 10 on the hot scale, who's willing to date me in my current situation..and change her life for me? doubtful.

You probably think I'm devaluing my self, but the truth is, if things don't work out with this girl, I'll have a injured heart for a while, or longer...but I'll also be in the middle of china once more, and ready to find another girl.

The women of the age 20 to 23 have the initiative to change to fit a mans life, I've found once they get much passed that age, they'll never alter anything for you, x10 if a career is involved, I could be wring but that's just about any race, not just Chinese.

Besides gents, china has left me with so much self confidence to go with my already crazy will power that failure is simply a learning curve to my success, I no longer even stress about my future.

The only thing I'm stressed and pushing to are 2 things, losing the 4 lbs I gained in china, and getting back to my girl.
Devil Dog
Freshman Poster

Post by Devil Dog »

xiongmao wrote: You can hustle here and export stuff. $$$$ can be made here if you have good contacts and know your niche. But work permits are very hard to get, and if you get caught illegally working, you'll be deported.
Slight derailment, but is it legal to have a side business (exporting) while there legally doing something else (teaching English)?
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

In China there are work visas and student visas.

The worst things to do are to get caught working on a student visa, or to get caught doing a job that a local person here could do.

I know teachers here on work visas who make extra money through private tuition. I guess their visas say they can only do this type of work.

Exporting stuff - I guess you could do this but it's not something I know much about. I should post some photos of the wholesale markets here - you'd get eaten alive if you didn't have a game plan.

A good way of making money here is to be a middle man, connecting factories with buyers back home. But you'll need some pretty decent contacts to do this, plus good Mandarin (or a trustworthy assistant).
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

My understanding is that if you have a full time teaching gig in China and the visa to go with it, there are no restrictions on work you can do on the side. I don't know this for a fact, but it was common for people to recommend teaching in China rather than Korea on that basis. (In Korea, any work on the side is strictly prohibited). In a major city, there are probably white-guy things you can do on the side - calendar modeling, strutting around in business attire to make the organization seem more cosmopolitan, private lessons etc. You could also take clothing and such rejected for export to countries with high standards such as Germany and ship it back to your home country for your friends to sell. I know an African guy who was doing this. Apparently Guangzhou is the best place to do this on a small scale. In Shanghai they want you to do at least a container load at a time.
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

Yeah white guy work is advertised all the time, I saw a gig where they wanted two Steve Jobs lookalikes, and of course at Christmas you'll have no shortage of Santa gigs.

I need to investigate the work situation, especially as regards my getting some teaching practice on my student visa. Well I see the immigration officials this week, so I'll decide to do when I get my visa.

Again, the key thing is to not do any kind of job that a Chinese person can do.

Guangzhou is absolutely the best place to export stuff, there are huge malls of wholesale stuff here. You need to know what you're doing, but it's potentially very lucrative.

But for most people teaching is good enough. You get a free apartment and (usually) plenty of spare time. Don't overstretch yourself, especially in a tropical climate. If you're looking for a wife here then believe me when I say that this is a full time job in itself.
All_That_Is_Man
Junior Poster

Re: Fastest way to make money to get back to China?

Post by All_That_Is_Man »

magnum wrote:Fastest way to make money to get back to China?
The fastest way? Seriously, just mug one of these man-hating, middle-age western females walking down the street and take her money (which is probably her husband's or ex's anyway). You not only rake in more money, but you also give a western female a legitimate reason to hate and fear you, whereas she had no reason before yet still hated and feared you. Whether I am joking or not is really up to you.
"Manginas grovel. Men travel." - me (04/17/2012)

"I used to be one of those men who believed that men are better than women at everything. Then I stood corrected!
Women are better than men at... getting fat." - me (02/24/2013)

Black women suck at life.
Montanaland
Freshman Poster

North Dakota

Post by Montanaland »

Im going on my 14 month as a driver of a fuel truck in Watford City, N.D. ..the epicenter of the bakken oil boom. I w-2'd $79k last year (11mo) but cant see myself putting another year in when im confident I can triple that trading. Its a pretty easy job..but one needs to obtain a cdl before going up there.
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

Try looking into shipping powdered milk to China (baby formula). I'm not sure what restrictions they may have imposed recently, and what profits remain after shipping cost. You'll have to do your due dillegence. Be warned that this is a controversial subject.