Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.


Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife



View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile


Should Winston get US citizenship for his son Angelo?

Ask questions and get advice, or share advice. Disclaimer: Any advice you take here is at your own risk. We are not liable for any consequences you might incur from following someone's advice here.
Note: Before posting your question, do a search for it in the Google Search box at the top to see if it's already been addressed.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Re: Should Winston get US citizenship for his son Angelo?

Postby Winston » Wed Apr 06, 2016 8:51 am

Hey wait a minute. I've been Googling around for info on DNA paternity test kits, and I found that there are many mail order paternity test kits that I can get for around 100 dollars that will include the lab fees and test results. 100 dollars is a lot cheaper than the 300 dollars that www.EasyDna.ph will charge us. What do you think? Should I just do one of these mail order kits instead? They claim to be fully accredited by the US government and FDA. Surely the US Embassy should accept them too right? However, the samples would probably have to be collected by an accredited third party.

https://dnatesting.com/
https://homedna.com/

You can even get these paternity test kits on Amazon.com. See below.

http://www.amazon.com/STK-Paternity-Test-Kit-Includes/dp/B005Y34OKA
http://www.amazon.com/Rapid-Paternity-DNA-Testing-Markers/dp/B00HJCQR2W/

Btw, I was right that the US Embassy would only require a DNA test if other basic documentation is missing. See below:

https://dnatesting.com/how-the-paternity-test-kit-works/immigration/

When should I use immigration testing?

The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services Agency may sometimes request DNA testing to help prove a close family relationship when other evidence such as a birth certificate or other documentation is unavailable.


Well we do have my son's birth certificate and many photos.
Check out the latest posts in our blog The Happier Abroaders.

Don't forget my HA Grand Ebook and Dating Sites!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
User avatar
Winston
Site Admin
 
Posts: 23610
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:16 pm







Re: Should Winston get US citizenship for his son Angelo?

Postby starchild5 » Sat Apr 09, 2016 10:36 am

DNA tests are no big deals now, Its the approval from FDA that costs more, as they need to be accredited with 100 agencies.

If you don't want to prove it to anyone....You can do DNA testing for lot less...100 dollars is good enough
User avatar
starchild5
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1664
Joined: Fri Dec 20, 2013 10:32 am

Re: Should Winston get US citizenship for his son Angelo?

Postby Winston » Tue Apr 12, 2016 4:59 pm

Rock and Mr S,
I don't know why both of you stubbornly insisted that a DNA test would be mandatory as part of the application process for US citizenship for my son. Rock and I discussed this for a long time and he strongly felt that the DNA test would be required. I don't know why. But the policy on the US Embassy's website in Manila clearly stated otherwise. Moreover, online reports and testimonials that I read also said that it is not necessary in most cases as long as you have evidence to show your relationship with the mother of your child. And the lady who worked at http://www.EasyDNA.ph said there was a good chance of not needing it too.

Anyhow, to put this matter to rest, below are the CURRENT links and info on the US Embassy's website about the DNA test option, which are still there and therefore NOT outdated, like Rock suspects. As you can see, it says exactly what I said about it back in 2009. This matter was laid to rest many years ago, so why Rock, do you bring it up as if it was unresolved? Strange (scratching head). Rock, I hope when you see this, you will finally admit that "Winston was right, and I was wrong". lol

http://photos.state.gov/libraries/manila/19452/public/Citizenship%20-%20CRBA%20Checklist%20for%20MANILA%20applicants%20-%20Revised%20November%202015.pdf

Evidence of the couple’s relationship prior to the conception of the applicant.

* The burden of proving a claim to U.S. citizenship, including a blood relationship, is on the person making such claim. Photos prior to the time of conception, letters, and other correspondence may help establish the couple’s relationship prior to the conception of the applicant. Bring original documents and photocopy of each.

* Genetic testing is a useful tool for verifying a stated biological relationship when no other form of credible evidence is available. For more information, read about the DNA testing procedures on the Embassy’s website at,
http:// photos.state.gov/libraries/manila/350862/ACS-Consular_001/DNA%20Information%20Sheet%20_updated%20DEC%2016%20%202011_.pdf


As you can see, as long as you have photos of you and your child's mom, and letters of correspondence between you two, is sufficient to establish a couple's relationship prior to the birth of the child. That's what it says above. If you don't have that, then they may ask for a DNA test.

Also, see this document about DNA testing on the Embassy website:

http://photos.state.gov/libraries/manila/350862/ACS-Consular_001/DNA%20Information%20Sheet%20_updated%20DEC%2016%20%202011_.pdf

The testing option is normally offered to applicants who have tried, but have been unable, to meet the legal requirement of establishing a biological relationship (filiation) on which nationality may be based.

The Embassy does not “order” DNA tests. Testing is strictly voluntary, even in questionable cases where parentage evidence is unavailable or unsatisfactory.


So you see, it again says the same thing, that if I can establish a relationship between me and Dianne prior to our son's birth, then that fulfills the criteria. I told you, Rock and Mr S, this MANY MANY MANY times. Why is it hard to understand? The words are clear and precise. So why were you so adamant to say otherwise? That's illogical.

Also, those 100 dollar DNA paternity test kits I showed you above also claim to qualify to be used for immigration purposes, as long as the schwab samples are collected by an accredited third party. This means that they would have third party hospital or lab staff collect the DNA samples from me and my son, to be used for immigration purposes. And they are accredited by the American Association of Blood Banks (AABB) too. So the DNA test cost should be very minimal, especially with these mail in test kits that can be used by the US Embassy.
Check out the latest posts in our blog The Happier Abroaders.

Don't forget my HA Grand Ebook and Dating Sites!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
User avatar
Winston
Site Admin
 
Posts: 23610
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:16 pm

Re: Should Winston get US citizenship for his son Angelo?

Postby Rock » Tue Apr 12, 2016 6:04 pm

You are the one who keeps bringing it up. Like recently on my what's app. I told you recently that since it's not a sure thing, you they would probably require it if you don't do it and vice versa as per Murphy's Law.

Here is my most up to date suggestion.

1. Go ahead and apply for Angelos's US citizenship instead of talking about it year after year after year. And skip the official DNA test if that's your choice.

2. But to ensure Angelo is your child, order a cheap DNA test for your own assurance.

Please don't rehash this thread in like 2020 still not having taken action. Just move your ass and do it finally!
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 4123
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:16 pm

Re: Should Winston get US citizenship for his son Angelo?

Postby Rock » Tue Apr 12, 2016 6:07 pm

One more thing. Don't PM links to such threads to me. I read the forum everyday even if I don't post much anymore and I caught this thread before even checking my PM box. Jester already jested at you for sending too many useless messages. For me, links to threads I already read is just a waste of time and space. Stop it, please don't do it anymore!
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 4123
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:16 pm

Re: Should Winston get US citizenship for his son Angelo?

Postby Winston » Tue Apr 12, 2016 7:17 pm

Rock wrote:You are the one who keeps bringing it up. Like recently on my what's app. I told you recently that since it's not a sure thing, you they would probably require it if you don't do it and vice versa as per Murphy's Law.

Here is my most up to date suggestion.

1. Go ahead and apply for Angelos's US citizenship instead of talking about it year after year after year. And skip the official DNA test if that's your choice.

2. But to ensure Angelo is your child, order a cheap DNA test for your own assurance.

Please don't rehash this thread in like 2020 still not having taken action. Just move your a** and do it finally!


But rock, remember in thailand u kept insisting that the dna test was required. Remember? I swear you did. You wouldnt believe me. Remember? Well now you see that i was right. So you should admit it. Plain and simple. There was no logical reason for you to think that i was wrong before.

Btw its not easy to apply for citizenship. Have u seen the checklist? Many things are required, some of which are difficult or hard to find. Some may require going back to the USA to get, such as my college and high school transcripts. Etc. Its a major pain in the ass. Not as easy as u imagine rock.
Check out the latest posts in our blog The Happier Abroaders.

Don't forget my HA Grand Ebook and Dating Sites!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
User avatar
Winston
Site Admin
 
Posts: 23610
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:16 pm

Re: Should Winston get US citizenship for his son Angelo?

Postby Rock » Tue Apr 12, 2016 7:31 pm

Winston wrote:
Rock wrote:You are the one who keeps bringing it up. Like recently on my what's app. I told you recently that since it's not a sure thing, you they would probably require it if you don't do it and vice versa as per Murphy's Law.

Here is my most up to date suggestion.

1. Go ahead and apply for Angelos's US citizenship instead of talking about it year after year after year. And skip the official DNA test if that's your choice.

2. But to ensure Angelo is your child, order a cheap DNA test for your own assurance.

Please don't rehash this thread in like 2020 still not having taken action. Just move your a** and do it finally!


But rock, remember in thailand u kept insisting that the dna test was required. Remember? I swear you did. You wouldnt believe me. Remember? Well now you see that i was right. So you should admit it. Plain and simple. There was no logical reason for you to think that i was wrong before.

Btw its not easy to apply for citizenship. Have u seen the checklist? Many things are required, some of which are difficult or hard to find. Some may require going back to the USA to get, such as my college and high school transcripts. Etc. Its a major pain in the a**. Not as easy as u imagine rock.


This thread is 3 years old and your still just talking. Transcripts from US academic institutions don't require physical presences to apply for nor does even a Federal criminal background check from FBI in case they ask for that. Sometimes thinking and talking too much is a huge waste of time. If you had applied even a year after this thread was started, you could probably have it way behind you now. Instead, you wanna debate about whether or not to get a DNA test. If you know it's not required, then what are you waiting for??? Thinking and talking so much just wastes months, years, and decades.

Just do it finally and be done with it.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 4123
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:16 pm

Re: Should Winston get US citizenship for his son Angelo?

Postby starchild5 » Wed Apr 13, 2016 5:33 am

What he needs is Right Knowledge not US citizenship in this day and age.

If he has right skills, he can go to US anyways - Its not that hard for Filipinos with good Skills to go to America. If he learns computer from early age, he would be scooped off by Google and Microsoft itself from Philippines and they would sponsor his L1, H1b visa etc and then Green card.

We know American education DOES NOT teach skills required for this TECH AGE...He will lack Mathematical Skills to Compete...The entire Silicon Valley, where real job and money is filled with Non Americans for a reason.

The school system will suck out his life and then Loans for higher education, then bullying, bad food, bad health, bad girl friends.

---------------This getting desperate to get US citizenship is really for brainwashed losers Winston...You should know it better. You need to think this through for the next 10 years where America will be?

I would suggest, instead of spending 1000s of dollars on this and more in future...

GET HIM A GOOD Intel i7 1 TB, 8GB RAM Dell Laptop and a Very Good Super Fast Broadband connection. This is all he needs in this age to MAKE IT>>>If he learns ins and outs of programming, IT TECH>>>HE CAN make Millions before he reaches his 20th birthday.

THERE IS NO NEED FOR A FORMAL EDUCATION IN THIS TECH AGE. NO NEED FOR US CITIZENSHIP>>>>He can built an empire if you give him RIGHT KNOWLEDGE.

------------------------------------------------------------------

This may sound odd...but I will really really suggest you get his Indian Vedic Horoscope done. That is a MUST FOR A CHILD...By looking at his Birth Chart...You can define his life in a better way. My parents made the biggest mistake when they did not make my chart...I suffered all these years..Now, I made it on my own by research and my life is literally million times better.

All so called Superstition is really the real science. Planets define your Life NOT US VISA.

Right Knowledge will give your son a better life NOT US VISA.
User avatar
starchild5
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1664
Joined: Fri Dec 20, 2013 10:32 am

Re: Should Winston get US citizenship for his son Angelo?

Postby Winston » Thu Apr 14, 2016 12:24 pm

Rock wrote:
Winston wrote:
Rock wrote:You are the one who keeps bringing it up. Like recently on my what's app. I told you recently that since it's not a sure thing, you they would probably require it if you don't do it and vice versa as per Murphy's Law.

Here is my most up to date suggestion.

1. Go ahead and apply for Angelos's US citizenship instead of talking about it year after year after year. And skip the official DNA test if that's your choice.

2. But to ensure Angelo is your child, order a cheap DNA test for your own assurance.

Please don't rehash this thread in like 2020 still not having taken action. Just move your a** and do it finally!


But rock, remember in thailand u kept insisting that the dna test was required. Remember? I swear you did. You wouldnt believe me. Remember? Well now you see that i was right. So you should admit it. Plain and simple. There was no logical reason for you to think that i was wrong before.

Btw its not easy to apply for citizenship. Have u seen the checklist? Many things are required, some of which are difficult or hard to find. Some may require going back to the USA to get, such as my college and high school transcripts. Etc. Its a major pain in the a**. Not as easy as u imagine rock.


This thread is 3 years old and your still just talking. Transcripts from US academic institutions don't require physical presences to apply for nor does even a Federal criminal background check from FBI in case they ask for that. Sometimes thinking and talking too much is a huge waste of time. If you had applied even a year after this thread was started, you could probably have it way behind you now. Instead, you wanna debate about whether or not to get a DNA test. If you know it's not required, then what are you waiting for??? Thinking and talking so much just wastes months, years, and decades.

Just do it finally and be done with it.


Didn't you read above Rock? I am doing it now. I visited the Easy DNA Philippines office in Angeles and talked to the lady there for 2 hours, about all sorts of stuff, including HA stuff. I went there to make an appointment and to get all my questions answered. So I am taking action. Didn't you read the above? You are sure forgetful sometimes. lol

It's funny that what I forget, you remember, and what I remember, you forget. So we complement each other it seems.

Back in 2008 or 2009, I did start on the application process. But it asked so many questions I didn't know, such as exact dates when I left the US as a child, or went overseas, etc. that I got drowsy and fell asleep. I told you long ago that Philippines vibe makes you feel lazy and drowsy a lot. So it's nearly impossible to be productive or get stuff done here. We all know that. It's not just the heat and humidity, it's the vibe as well. The vibe may be relaxing, but it dulls the mind to stop it from thinking, so that you usually just lounge around all day everyday and can't help it.

Then after that, I got paranoid when people told me that Dianne could sue me for more child support, if Angelo became a US citizen. So I didn't continue with the process that I started. That's what happened. It's been all fully documented in this thread. Don't you remember?
Check out the latest posts in our blog The Happier Abroaders.

Don't forget my HA Grand Ebook and Dating Sites!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
User avatar
Winston
Site Admin
 
Posts: 23610
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:16 pm

Re: Should Winston get US citizenship for his son Angelo?

Postby Winston » Tue Apr 26, 2016 11:24 am

Hi all,
We got the DNA test result today from easydna.ph for me and my son. They sent the samples to an accredited lab in the US. So much for all the naysayers.

Image
Check out the latest posts in our blog The Happier Abroaders.

Don't forget my HA Grand Ebook and Dating Sites!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
User avatar
Winston
Site Admin
 
Posts: 23610
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:16 pm

Re: Should Winston get US citizenship for his son Angelo?

Postby Rock » Tue Apr 26, 2016 1:10 pm

Congrats! That's great to have done. Very soon with a bit of luck, Angelo will become a US citizen.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 4123
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:16 pm

Re: Should Winston get US citizenship for his son Angelo?

Postby MatureDJ » Fri Jun 24, 2016 11:54 am

Winston wrote:I have a question.

Should I get US citizenship for my son? On the one hand, he would have a US passport and be able to leave the Philippines to have a better life elsewhere. Then, I heard, he could petition his mom to get a green card to the USA. I heard that the mother of a US citizen will have an easier time getting a green card. Is that true?


https://www.uscis.gov/us-citizenship/citizenship-through-parents

It seems that the main extra requirements for a "genetic father" who is not married to the mother is:

- a " blood relationship between the person and the father is established by clear and convincing evidence", which of course means a DNA paternity test

- The father (unless deceased) has agreed in writing to provide financial support for the person until the person reaches the age of 18 years,

- prior to the child reaching 18:

- - "The person is legitimated under the law of the person’s residence or domicile", which means the father is listed on the birth certificate

OR

- - the "father acknowledges paternity of the person in writing under oath", which is can be accomplished at the consulate:

There is also the requirement of proving that the father has resided in the US for 5 years, 2 of which after the age of 14, which should easily be done by highs school & college records.

So presuming that the father is on the birth certificate, the father can just wait until the child reaches 18, at which time the support part becomes moot.

Something else to keep in mind is that a child under 18 cannot sponsor anyone for immigration, nor can he apply for a passport without his US citizen parent's authorization, and I'm pretty sure that his mother could not sue for support while outside the USA.

What you should at least do now is get the paternity test and as well, if needed, do the oath (you can do the oath without formally applying for citizenship), and organize all the school records.

You can talk to someone at a consulate and tell him your concern about not wanting to support the child and his mother in the USA, but still allowing hi to get citizenship.
MatureDJ
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 227
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2008 7:08 pm

Previous

Return to Questions and Advice

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests