Thinking of going to Thailand and could use some advice!

Ask questions and get advice. Disclaimer: Any advice you take here is at your own risk. We are not liable for any consequences you might incur from following advice here. Note: Before posting your question, do a search for it in the Google Search box at the top to see if it's been addressed.
sexypizza
Freshman Poster

Thinking of going to Thailand and could use some advice!

Post by sexypizza »

Hello everybody I'm new here :)

I'm originally from Kuwait but I'm on a scholarship from my Gov studying in Melbourne Australia for 2 and a half years now and I have to admit that both my country and Melbourne, have been pretty shit for me in terms of establishing a romantic life. its always been a lifelong dream of mine to get a GF but the the closest I had ever gotten were a lot of pointless dates that went no where, a few bad experiences here and there, and a one night stand with a 4/10 slightly chubby Viet girl I met in Melb that I really didn't like and never saw again lol

so I thought that such was life, until I had stumbled unto this forum and a few other websites, and they all mentioned how girls are so much better in the Philippines, especially in Angeles city. this got me really excited. I eventually took the plunge and bought a ticket just for my self. the first few days I spent there I was completely culture shocked, but then after I adjusted I started to really enjoy the place. although I was getting scammed in nearly every financial interaction, people were generally very nice lol and I was constantly getting hit on by girls everywhere I went. at times it seemed like more then 50% of the girls I met were willing to hookup with me. though not always for the right reasons... i did hookup with girls there, p4p and for free, although the free ones weren't really what I call "normal" girls. they were kind of f***ed in a way, either too poor, ex prostitute, or still a prostitute, really needy.. ect ect in other words I wouldn't have a long term relationship with them. regardless of that it was a ton of fun being there. after philly I dropped in Singapore for a week, it was nice there too, but very disappointing for romantic purposes, even more so then Australia I would say.

after I came back from my trip, I immediately started planning for the next one. this time its gonna be Thailand. I already have some money saved up. for a ticket, I will be going in 2 or 3 months when I have a break from studying and will be spending a whole month there. my goal there is to hookup with as many "normal" girls as I can. while doing touristy stuff and exploring the country on the side, no bar girls are permitted this time. just nice, normal, down to earth Thai girls that will like me for me.

so my questions are.

1- is Thailand the best place to meet normal girls?

2- how easy/hard is it to hook up with normal girls there?

3- what are the best places to meet them? and how do u avoid bar girls.

4- is it hard to acquire a gf?

5- what is online dating like there? if i were to chat to Thai girls now, would i have alot of dates when i get there? whats the best sites for this? are there any free sites?

6- are there any guides or resources I can read before I go there?

7- and lastly. if not Thailand then where else?
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Thinking of going to thailand and could use some advice!

Post by zboy1 »

sexypizza wrote:Hello everybody I'm new here :)

I'm originally from Kuwait but I'm on a scholarship from my Gov studying in Melbourne Australia for 2 and a half years now and I have to admit that both my country and Melbourne, have been pretty shit for me in terms of establishing a romantic life. its always been a lifelong dream of mine to get a GF but the the closest I had ever gotten were a lot of pointless dates that went no where, a few bad experiences here and there, and a one night stand with a 4/10 slightly chubby Viet girl I met in Melb that I really didn't like and never saw again lol

so I thought that such was life, until I had stumbled unto this forum and a few other websites, and they all mentioned how girls are so much better in the Philippines, especially in Angeles city. this got me really excited. I eventually took the plunge and bought a ticket just for my self. the first few days I spent there I was completely culture shocked, but then after I adjusted I started to really enjoy the place. although I was getting scammed in nearly every financial interaction, people were generally very nice lol and I was constantly getting hit on by girls everywhere I went. at times it seemed like more then 50% of the girls I met were willing to hookup with me. though not always for the right reasons... i did hookup with girls there, p4p and for free, although the free ones weren't really what I call "normal" girls. they were kind of f***ed in a way, either too poor, ex hoe, or still a hoe, really needy.. ect ect in other words I wouldn't have a long term relationship with them. regardless of that it was a ton of fun being there. after philly I dropped in Singapore for a week, it was nice there too, but very disappointing for romantic purposes, even more so then Australia I would say.

after I came back from my trip, I immediately started planning for the next one. this time its gonna be Thailand. I already have some money saved up. for a ticket, I will be going in 2 or 3 months when I have a break from studying and will be spending a whole month there. my goal there is to hookup with as many "normal" girls as I can. while doing touristy stuff and exploring the country on the side, no bar girls are permitted this time. just nice, normal, down to earth Thai girls that will like me for me.

so my questions are.

1- is Thailand the best place to meet normal girls?

2- how easy/hard is it to hook up with normal girls there?

3- what are the best places to meet them? and how do u avoid bar girls.

4- is it hard to acquire a gf?

5- what is online dating like there? if i were to chat to Thai girls now, would i have alot of dates when i get there? whats the best sites for this? are there any free sites?

6- are there any guides or resources I can read before I go there?

7- and lastly. if not Thailand then where else?
I guess it's true what they say about Australian girls being difficult?...Outwest and Banano have said something similar in the past on HappierAbroad. Australian girls especially do not like Middle Eastern and South Asian/East Asian men from what I've heard and read on the Internet. They do like Black men, though....

And why do all the foreign guys want to go to Thailand to get girls? I'd rather get a good women from some place like China or Colombia than a slutty, bar girl in the Philippines or Thailand (just my opinion). If you're Kuwaiti, why not go to India to get a women, since they're much closer to your own culture and race? Sure, people bitch and moan about how feminist the women are over there, but, surely, not all Indian women are like that--are they?
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Welcome sexypizza. Do you find pizzas sexy? haha

Anyway, we have many threads about Thailand that can answer those questions. See the FAQ page here:

viewtopic.php?t=10859

Or do a search for "Thailand" or "Thai women" in the Google search box above.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

If you want to meet normal girls just develop a bit of confidence to chat up girls working in restaurants and small stores.
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.
pete98146
Experienced Poster

Post by pete98146 »

Thailand might be the last place I'd go to find a good girl. This is a topic of frequent posts on HA. The problem is that Thais view non Thais as sex tourists. Even if you aren't, Thai ladies don't want to be seen with you because it automatically labels them as a working girl. This is a very difficult issue to overcome. Yes you might meet a Thai lady and she may like you but the negative stigma that goes with dating a foreigner would probably be the deal breaker in her eyes.

This is a reason why so many guys visit the Philippines. If you want to meet a good girl, may I suggest visiting Mindinao or Cebu islands? If I were in your shoes, I'd join one of the asian dating sites and get to know a few filipinas and then go visit them.

If you are dead set on Thailand, you'd have better luck ANYWHERE but Bangkok. Chiang Mai might be decent place to prospect because it's not a mecca for P4P.
sexypizza
Freshman Poster

Post by sexypizza »

Thailand might be the last place I'd go to find a good girl. This is a topic of frequent posts on HA. The problem is that Thais view non Thais as sex tourists. Even if you aren't, Thai ladies don't want to be seen with you because it automatically labels them as a working girl. This is a very difficult issue to overcome. Yes you might meet a Thai lady and she may like you but the negative stigma that goes with dating a foreigner would probably be the deal breaker in her eyes.

This is a reason why so many guys visit the Philippines. If you want to meet a good girl, may I suggest visiting Mindinao or Cebu islands? If I were in your shoes, I'd join one of the asian dating sites and get to know a few filipinas and then go visit them.

If you are dead set on Thailand, you'd have better luck ANYWHERE but Bangkok. Chiang Mai might be decent place to prospect because it's not a mecca for P4P.
Yea after browsing the forums a bit, i was surprised to see that most have very negative views on Thailand this is contrasting with the views of my friends and others who make it out to be a very nice place. im not sure what to think anymore , it seems everyone here is pro Philippines lol which i dont mind, but ive already been there, would i fare better somewhere else? china perhaps?

also i do plan to stay away from Bangkok and touristy places in general. i do plan on visiting chaing mai.

I guess it's true what they say about Australian girls being difficult?...Outwest and Banano have said something similar in the past on HappierAbroad. Australian girls especially do not like Middle Eastern and South Asian/East Asian men from what I've heard and read on the Internet. They do like Black men, though....

And why do all the foreign guys want to go to Thailand to get girls? I'd rather get a good women from some place like China or Colombia than a slutty, bar girl in the Philippines or Thailand (just my opinion). If you're Kuwaiti, why not go to India to get a women, since they're much closer to your own culture and race? Sure, people bitch and moan about how feminist the women are over there, but, surely, not all Indian women are like that--are they?
I generally avoid Australian girls as i don't particularly find them that attractive. although i have never felt that im being rejected due to race or skin color, i think for that to happen it would probably depend on where you are in Australia, Melbourne as a city seems to have more intellectual and open minded people, so you don't see much racism here, but i think the further out you go from the city the more racist it will get, i cant confirm this though as i have never been anywhere else in Australia then Melbourne. i probably get treated a bit better as well because ive always been very westernized. ive been "Americanized" from an early age. and people i meet in melbourne usually assume i was born in Australia or America.

It is difficult to get laid here Melbourne and Sydney are known to be the hardest places to meet girls in Australia, and my theory is that its because most girls here have a lot of choices. and so they tend to be picky. its possible i think that 80% of the girls go for only 20% of the guys. you can still hookup here. i have a lot of friends who are successful at it. but it takes them alot of work, and they tend to have very good "game" to keep the girl interested. also alot of them like me, only seem to go for the Asian girls here.

India Im afraid is vastly different from my culture haha, i like Indian people, i have some Indian friends here. but i never find Indian girls attractive. Ive had Yellow fever now for a very long time now, possibly about 2 years. some of my friends think this is strange. but i think its understandable. there is an overpopulation of asian people in the city here, in fact they outnumber Australian people. so after sometime i grew fond of them.
If you want to meet normal girls just develop a bit of confidence to chat up girls working in restaurants and small stores
I generally don't have any trouble, at least here in Melbourne. to go up to a random girl on the street and start chatting her up. in an attempt to be successful with women, i joined a "PUA" group here long ago. and as a result i developed the confidence to be able to approach random girls. although i don't associate my self with pickup anymore. i still do approach random girls every now and then. but it generally doesn't lead anywhere. most of the phone numbers i get flake, at best ill get a date that wont lead to anything or just another friend.
Welcome sexypizza. Do you find pizzas sexy? haha

Anyway, we have many threads about Thailand that can answer those questions. See the FAQ page here:

viewtopic.php?t=10859

Or do a search for "Thailand" or "Thai women" in the Google search box above.
Yes ever since i started going to the gym, i began fantasizing about pizza's haha
Mr S
Veteran Poster

Post by Mr S »

Thailand is just a place to have a fantasy vacation, basically have fun with the girls but keep them in your memory rather than pursuing them as a long-term viable romantic partner.

I would suggest doing a bit more research online for places where the girls are more compatible with Westerners and there isn't as high a risk of getting screwed over in the long run like with a Thai woman.

Thailand is a place to get your sexual fantasies and frustrations fulfilled, then move on to other lands for serious romances that will actually lead somewhere and give back positive dividends.
"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." Marcus Aurelius, Roman Emperor and stoic philosopher, 121-180 A.D.
davewe
Experienced Poster

Post by davewe »

sexypizza wrote:

Yea after browsing the forums a bit, i was surprised to see that most have very negative views on Thailand this is contrasting with the views of my friends and others who make it out to be a very nice place. im not sure what to think anymore , it seems everyone here is pro Philippines lol which i dont mind, but ive already been there, would i fare better somewhere else? china perhaps?

also i do plan to stay away from Bangkok and touristy places in general. i do plan on visiting chaing mai.
Don't mistake what Pete and others are saying. I was in Thailand in April (mostly in Chiang Mai). It's a fun place, the food is great, the prices are fairly cheap, the women are quite attractive. I have nothing to complain about. To me it's a potential place to eventually live. The question you raised is how easy is it to get a good girl. Since I was with my gf and not looking I can't directly answer that. There certainly were Western men with Thai women there. But I have often heard what you have been told here. The girls are wary about how they might be viewed and in general it's hard to find a good one.

OTOH it is not very hard in the Philippines. If I were you I could consider Angeles to be like another country. Go somewhere else in PI - or several other places in PI.

Also make friends there. Many of them will be able to recommend a friend, relative, church member, etc. who would like to meet a nice guy.
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

Thailand is a great place to find a wife. Just go there for a year or more, learn the language and meet as many people as you can.

The girls who work in small stores and restaurants are worth chatting to.

I think I might go there if I get fed up with China. The main worry I have is being able to stick the climate.
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.