Meeting her: From internet to real life

Ask questions and get advice. Disclaimer: Any advice you take here is at your own risk. We are not liable for any consequences you might incur from following advice here. Note: Before posting your question, do a search for it in the Google Search box at the top to see if it's been addressed.
wanderlust
Freshman Poster

Meeting her: From internet to real life

Post by wanderlust »

I've been looking at different foreign dating sites and so far I see some of the same problems that you'd find domestically:

- Photos are somewhat unrealistic, misleading, photoshopped.
- Normally you have to subscribe before testing the waters.
- They seem to attract a certain clientele - something like in the US. Which is to say, compared to all available women as a group, the ones who look online tend to do a lot of shopping (technically, they're getting "shopped" since we are usually initiating contact) and be selective about status - more than average, anyway.

So I am looking for anyone who can give experience-based input to tell me some things.

1. Anyone on here progressed from meeting on a foreign dating site to meeting her for real? Tell me some stories of how it went. How long did you talk beforehand? Was she like you expected?

2. I assume plenty of times it doesn't work out once you meet. What did you do with the rest of the time you were abroad? Have other girls you planned to meet?

3. Any websites you'd suggest? I'm looking for a low-key woman and prefer not spending the next three years fishing to find her. Mostly attracted to the girls from Eastern Europe but Latin American women aren't out of the question either.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Dudevondudenstein
Freshman Poster

Post by Dudevondudenstein »

wanderlust wrote:1. Anyone on here progressed from meeting on a foreign dating site to meeting her for real? Tell me some stories of how it went. How long did you talk beforehand? Was she like you expected?
I talked to my fiancé online for about 15 months before we actually met in person. We started by corresponding on the dating site and after about three months when we decided we wanted to try for a relationship with each other we closed our dating site accounts and changed to communicating by email, Facebook and Skype. Things worked out great for us when we met in person. She told me how tall she was and how much she weighed but I was still surprised by how small she was in person. When we first saw each other we had to wait to greet each other because we were on opposite sides of airport security. It was worth the wait though.
wanderlust wrote:2. I assume plenty of times it doesn't work out once you meet. What did you do with the rest of the time you were abroad? Have other girls you planned to meet?
I did not have to worry about this thankfully, but I know some guy’s line up 2-3 possibly matches while explaining to each of them that they plan on meeting other girls as well to maximize their chances of meeting someone to have a successful relationship with.
wanderlust wrote:3. Any websites you'd suggest? I'm looking for a low-key woman and prefer not spending the next three years fishing to find her. Mostly attracted to the girls from Eastern Europe but Latin American women aren't out of the question either.
I cannot suggest a site for Eastern Europe or Latin America because I met my fiancé on a dating website with Filipina women called cebuanas.

Good luck on your search!
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

Some may have crooked legs or bad breath and a host of other problems.

Please, no promises to anyone until you have met and decided you like her.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
pete98146
Experienced Poster

Re: Meeting her: From internet to real life

Post by pete98146 »

1. Anyone on here progressed from meeting on a foreign dating site to meeting her for real? Tell me some stories of how it went. How long did you talk beforehand? Was she like you expected?

I talked to my wife for 6 months before I went to visit her the first time. She was exactly as I expected because I did a lot of due dilligence ahead of time. But I also know that I got extremely lucky finding her.

2. I assume plenty of times it doesn't work out once you meet. What did you do with the rest of the time you were abroad? Have other girls you planned to meet?

LOL my wife had to work in the day time so I could only see her at night. Her sisters took time off from their jobs to show me around Cebu Island. I didn't have any other girls on the docket to visit, only my wife. Again I was lucky.

3. Any websites you'd suggest? I'm looking for a low-key woman and prefer not spending the next three years fishing to find her. Mostly attracted to the girls from Eastern Europe but Latin American women aren't out of the question either.

I'm more into Asian ladies so can't give you a good recommendation for Euro or Latin women. You don't need to spend three years finding one. That said, I wouldn't rush into anything. I'd wait atleast 6 months before you commit to go visit her. When you talk to a lady online and she knows you are not in a hurry, it tends to get rid of the gold diggers and scammers as they are looking for a quick buck. Make her work for your affection and time. Have her prove that she's serious and committed to being with you.
fschmidt
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by fschmidt »

I don't have personal experience but I asked around about international dating sites for my own reasons. What I was told is that those sites that have a low monthly fee are best because they knock out all the guys who are there just to waste women's time. Cupid Media runs a bunch of sites like this:

http://www.cupidmedia.com/services.cfm
kai1275
Experienced Poster

Re: Meeting her: From internet to real life

Post by kai1275 »

wanderlust wrote:I've been looking at different foreign dating sites and so far I see some of the same problems that you'd find domestically:

- Photos are somewhat unrealistic, misleading, photoshopped.
- Normally you have to subscribe before testing the waters.
- They seem to attract a certain clientele - something like in the US. Which is to say, compared to all available women as a group, the ones who look online tend to do a lot of shopping (technically, they're getting "shopped" since we are usually initiating contact) and be selective about status - more than average, anyway.

So I am looking for anyone who can give experience-based input to tell me some things.

1. Yes. We talked for 3 months before I flew over to meet her. Everything was fantastic when we met. She was even better than what I expected. We traveled around China and then went to go spend time with her parents in her hometown.

2. I literally got rid of all the other girls I could have met about a week before going there. I knew she was the one. Sure I could have resurrected those others if things went bad, but nah.... Once you are there, you are there I guess. There were tons of other hot girls everywhere, plenty winked or waved, but I did not need them. I found the faults in all the others before meeting my wife, so there was no need to see how bad they were in person. Some were great girls, just not as good as my wife too. My advantage is that I can speak Chinese moderately, and I knew alot about Chinese and China from college, friends, etc.

3. Sorry can't help you there. I wrote a large guide for dating Chinese women from Mainland China in the Asia subforum if you might be interested in a Chinese woman but I have no experience with EE and I don't have a wealth of resources or knowledge on Latin Women, which is a tad broad. Narrow it down some. Someone is writing a Dating in Mexico Guide, in real talk, like my guide. Keep an eye out for that.
Jacaré
Freshman Poster

Post by Jacaré »

Kai,
I'd be very interested in reading your guide on dating main land chinese girls. Could you post a link to it please? Thanks!