Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.

Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife

View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

Living in Penang for a year. Are there white women there?

Ask questions and get advice, or share advice. Disclaimer: Any advice you take here is at your own risk. We are not liable for any consequences you might incur from following someone's advice here.
Note: Before posting your question, do a search for it in the Google Search box at the top to see if it's already been addressed.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Living in Penang for a year. Are there white women there?

Postby mooshooporkbun » Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:34 am

Hello all, first off I'd like to introduce myself. I'm an Asian from the states and due to a company transfer I will be living in Penang for a year.

I just discovered this forum by looking for dating advice for Asians abroad.

My main concern about moving to Penang is, whether or not there will be white women there, as I will fully admit that I have always preferred to date caucasian throughout my life. I have done some research showing that the native population is mostly malay/chinese/muslim. My question is, are there certain areas where I will be able to find and interact with perhaps european/australian/american tourists? How easy would it be to hookup with said population while in Penang?

How is the nightlife in Penang for a guy with my preferences?
mooshooporkbun
Freshman Poster

Re: Living in Penang for a year. Are there white women there

Postby Cornfed » Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:19 am

mooshooporkbun wrote:My question is, are there certain areas where I will be able to find and interact with perhaps european/australian/american tourists? How easy would it be to hookup with said population while in Penang?

That is like going to a high class restaurant and eating rotting garbage out of the trash cans.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby ladislav » Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:22 am

Been there. Most white people I saw were retirees from the UK. I also saw some backpackers. However, most people are Indians and Chinese there.

What I would suggest is using

friendfinder.com

to locate the few white women that are there as opposed to going on a wild goose chase.

Note: if anyone offers you to rent a moped there, make sure you have an international DL.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby mooshooporkbun » Fri Jun 14, 2013 8:04 pm

Whats the crowd like at the resorts? Anybody have experience there?
mooshooporkbun
Freshman Poster

Postby pete98146 » Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:35 pm

Do they have a Starbucks in Penang? If so, try there....
pete98146
Experienced Poster

Postby zboy1 » Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:41 pm

pete98146 wrote:Do they have a Starbucks in Penang? If so, try there....

Dude...Starbucks is everywhere these days, LOL!
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby germanguy » Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:46 pm

Cornfed wrote:
mooshooporkbun wrote:My question is, are there certain areas where I will be able to find and interact with perhaps european/australian/american tourists? How easy would it be to hookup with said population while in Penang?

That is like going to a high class restaurant and eating rotting garbage out of the trash cans.

:lol:

That´s what I was thinking...Even though Penang isnt really an "high-class" restaurant, more like a average one which cant decide which food they should specialize on.
germanguy
Freshman Poster

Postby ClearView » Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:58 am

I was in Penang for a week in Georgetown and the only white people I saw were in my hotel (Traders's Hotel). Even in KL they were few and far between. It could just have been that I wasn't going to the places they hang out. I'm no expert just relating my experience.
ClearView
Freshman Poster

Postby xiongmao » Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:59 am

Cornfed wrote:That is like going to a high class restaurant and eating rotting garbage out of the trash cans.

So true. I'm in Bangkok now and the Aussie backpackers are the lowest forms of life here, maybe lower than the rats and roaches!!!
In February 2013 I quit my boring job and now I'm Happier Abroad...
Do YOU want to date beautiful foreign women? Find out which country's women are best for you, and which dating site to look for them on!
Plus, if you like Asian girls, then check out my free Asian dating site.
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Postby celery2010 » Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:50 am

If you stay in a hostel the entire time there then yes. There are some very attractive Iranian women (mostly tourists) in KL. There will be a lot in Thailand, which is not very far from Penang. You can fly on a cheap flight on Air Asia.
celery2010
Freshman Poster

Postby Robert77 » Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:02 pm

some of the most vulgar, loud, agressive, obnoxious, trashy people ive ever met, were white aussies in penang.... i felt disgusted by the way they talk to asians (very condescending)..... Good luck to you if you're looking to interact with them over there.....
World traveler, questions about women from a certain country? Ask!!! I can help
Robert77
Freshman Poster

Postby Rocky Top » Sat Jun 29, 2013 1:02 am

I don't understand some guys, I guess. I prefer variety. If I'm in a foreign place, I would want to sample the local cuisine and at least have that experience of expanding my tastes. Most Westerners, I suppose, would just rather maintain the status quo and eat at Mcdonalds/Starbucks and date white women.
Rocky Top
Freshman Poster

Postby Jester » Sun Jun 30, 2013 8:23 am

RLOL over this thread.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks to the OP!!
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Return to Questions and Advice