How do you arrange wallets, phones, keys in your pockets?

Ask questions and get advice. Disclaimer: Any advice you take here is at your own risk. We are not liable for any consequences you might incur from following advice here. Note: Before posting your question, do a search for it in the Google Search box at the top to see if it's been addressed.
Winston
Site Admin

Re: How do you arrange wallets, phones, keys in your pockets

Post by Winston »

Thanks Rock.

So do you leave your passport in your room with your luggage? Or in a safe?

It does seem that most guys who go out carry very little in their pocket. Maybe a cell phone and some cash. But where do they keep their ID and credit cards and ATM cards?

I also keep business cards, photos, membership cards, reward cards, etc. in my wallet too, so my wallet is kind of thick and heavy. How should I avoid that? How do other guys walk around with very little in their pocket and no shoulder bag?

Only in Asia are shoulder bags common with guys. In Western countries, guys do not carry them. Nowadays if you get a good smart phone with a good camera, you don't need to carry a camera anymore.

But I still need a shoulder bag to carry my phone charger in, power pack, toiletries, pain medicine, HA pamphlets, napkins and tissues, etc. How do other guys not have to do that?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

I also got another question. When you go swimming in a pool or on the beach, where do you leave your wallet and cash and valuables? I've never understood this. I see people go to the beach in their swimming trunks, but I don't see where they leave all their valuables. It's as if they don't have any. lol

When I go swimming, I leave my valuables in my pants or in my shoulder bag and leave it nearby within viewing distance. It's the only way I know how. I try to put them all in a bag if possible. But what do other people do when they go swimming? I've never been able to figure that out.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

If I had a passport while traveling, I'd use the safe if one were available. When I last lived abroad, I had it in a drawer in a locked cabinet so the maids and no one else could get to it. I had a local ID card I put in my wallet that I'd carry around.

I carry keys, wallet, a cell phone and a pocket comb. Back when I wore glasses a lot, I'd have a handkerchief in one of those pockets. Sometimes I'd carry a backpack. If nothing else, I could put a water bottle in it, which is good for the tropics.

I also committed the fashion crime of rocking a leather fanny pack for a while back in the '90's, but it was too ugly so I stopped.
droid
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by droid »

Winston wrote:My wallet is chained to my pants with a PacSafe chain.
+1 I hadn't heard of that, good idea.

It's important to not let one's wallet get too thick. It speaks of your organisation and mental frame. I always get rid of old receipts, irrelevant business cards etc. I've seen guys pull out wallets that look like a ball Lol, and it's not money. I never carry bills outside the wallet, and now i'm actually using my jeans' coin pockets, they actually make sense.

Having said that, I love shoulder bags when I have to carry more than a few things, as you can carry a toothbrush, paste etc. These can either be manly like in the old the days, or modern metrosexual, depending on how you carry yourself lol.

Also, I remember there used to be some short nylon 'sock-tubes' you could wear at knee-height, under your pants, to carry all your critical stuff. Has any of you seen those again? the stuff I see online now sucks.
1)Too much of one thing defeats the purpose.
2)Everybody is full of it. What's your hypocrisy?
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

Winston wrote:Sorry if this is a trifling question, but I'm very curious about it.
How do most guys arrange their wallet, smart phone and set of car/house keys in their pants pockets without carrying a shoulder bag?
Well, different people arrange it in a different way.

I wonder, why not using a small bag? I prefer it, my pockets are empty. My keys are fixed with a chain to my bag, so they cannot be lost.

My situation is different, as we have our own rooms in Thailand and we have a safety box there. I do not carry my creditcard and passport with me.

In my shoulder bag is a small camera, mobile phone, a Thai cashcard, very little money, my keys for home and motorcycle, photocopies of my passport...Airticket is E-Ticket anyway.
Winston: When you go swimming in a pool or on the beach, where do you leave your wallet and cash and valuables?
We have a very large swimmingpool only for tenants. No need to go to the beach.
Winston
Site Admin

Re: How do you arrange wallets, phones, keys in your pockets?

Post by Winston »

Question. How do most guys carry their phone? In their front pocket? The thing is the new phones have big screens and feel like a big bulk in your front pocket. Plus its not good for your testicles to have EMF near your groin like that. And of course the average western male does not like carrying a shoulder bag to put the phone in. So how do most men carry the new big sized phones?

Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

Winston wrote:
December 2nd, 2021, 7:24 am
So how do most men carry the new big sized phones?
Here they mostly have a special leather pouch that clips onto your belt.
Shemp
Experienced Poster

Post by Shemp »

Winston wrote:
December 2nd, 2021, 7:24 am
And of course the average western male does not like carrying a shoulder bag to put the phone in.
Most Eastern European men do carry a shoulder bag. A masculine looking bag, of course. I also carry one and the smartphone goes there when not in hand, though I tend to carry in my left hand 90% of the time.

When at nightclubs, I carry in my left front pocket, which is large and hangs down the side of my leg, shielding the phone from my testicles with my leg.

Right front pocket is for coin/key purse attached to my belt by a cord to foil pickpockets. Valuables (passport, currency, cards) in a hanging wallet attached to my belt and hanging inside my pants, thus invisible and untouchable by pickpockets.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Shemp,
Where do u get the hanging wallet inside your pants? Isnt that uncomfortable to wear? Doesnt it press against your leg? What do u mean a cord attached to your purse? How do u get that? Did u buy it at a security travel store?

Spencer
Junior Poster

Post by Spencer »

Wiseton need make distinishings

first seprate country wit mug risk - dangervil - vs country wit jus pic yr pockets risk - safetyvil

if safetyvil it simple simon

firstly dividing stuffs to must never losting to stuffs easy for replacment

never losting item store way in da room safebox or hide in da room if biger like pasport but for item must have like atm card or small id card put in snugy front pants pockets or internal pockets that you feel so kno wit you same baby on back

wit atm card jus bring one leave others to room safebox for heging
"Close mind genus more dangrous than 10,000 dumwits" - Spencer

"Wiseton is a very dynamic individual, what most would call a genius. He's started a movement, and only genius types can do such a thing." - Boycottamericanwomen
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

Winston wrote:
December 2nd, 2021, 2:23 pm
Shemp,
Where do u get the hanging wallet inside your pants? Isnt that uncomfortable to wear? Doesnt it press against your leg? What do u mean a cord attached to your purse? How do u get that? Did u buy it at a security travel store?
I keep my wallet in my back left pocket, usually, a comb in my right left pocket, keys in my right front pocket and maybe some change in the left front or that could go in the right front pocket. I used to keep a cotton handkerchief in my left front pocket but since I stopped wearing glasses much as I aged, I stopped carrying one. I can put my phone in my front left pocket if it does not fit well in my shirt pocket for the shirt I am wearing or if I am concerned it may fall out.

If I go somewhere where I am concerned about pickpockets, I may put the wallet in my front left pocket. If I am travelling, I may carry some cash in a passport holder around my neck. I have used a moneybelt for that while traveling, but it was just too uncomfortable. I used a fanny pack some in my 20's. That was okay if I did not care who saw me. I had a black leather one, which looked good as far as fanny packs went. But I stopped wearing those. They aren't very flattering. I would prefer it to a man purse. A backpack is best if I can dress casual and need to carry stuff. I used to carry a backpack quit a bit in Jakarta. I may carry a computer bag now and put a few things in it.

My wallet is not quite this big, but a little something like this:

Shemp
Experienced Poster

Post by Shemp »

Winston wrote:
Shemp,
https://www.amazon.com/Lewis-N-Clark-RF ... B0845QHX7Q

Above is typical example, but plenty cheaper versions like it. Get one with as few zippers and pockets as possible, to keep bulk down. Wrap the cord around your belt and hang inside your pants, along the outside of your upper leg. This is very comfortable in hot weather because the wallet hangs freely and allows air flow. You could use 2 such wallets, one on each side: one for passport and cards, one for smartphone, because these wallets tend to be big enough for smartphones. I don't do this because I am constantly accessing my smartphone and the hanging wallet is a nuisance to pull out frequently.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Shemp wrote:
December 3rd, 2021, 11:14 am
Winston wrote:
Shemp,
https://www.amazon.com/Lewis-N-Clark-RF ... B0845QHX7Q

Above is typical example, but plenty cheaper versions like it. Get one with as few zippers and pockets as possible, to keep bulk down. Wrap the cord around your belt and hang inside your pants, along the outside of your upper leg. This is very comfortable in hot weather because the wallet hangs freely and allows air flow. You could use 2 such wallets, one on each side: one for passport and cards, one for smartphone, because these wallets tend to be big enough for smartphones. I don't do this because I am constantly accessing my smartphone and the hanging wallet is a nuisance to pull out frequently.
But that one is meant to hang around your neck right? You can put that inside your pants too? Why not put it around your neck? I had one long ago in Russia that wrapped around my torso but it was uncomfortable and started to smell after a while from sweat. I hated having to wear it. What does it mean RFID blocking?

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

@publicduende

I was wondering something. Is every European required to carry their passport around everywhere they go? If so, where does the average European man put his passport? Where do you put your passport when you were in Italy? The thing is, most men do not like carrying shoulder bags right? Asian men may carry it but white men don't like to. So where would you put your passport then? If you put it in your back pocket, someone could easily steal it and if you sit down, you will wrinkle it. If you put it in your front pocket, it will be folded and wrinkled too. Right? So what do you do? Do you put it in a protective case and then put it in your pocket? If so, then every guy would have a bulge in his pocket but I don't see that on most guys. So how do they manage it? lol

Btw, where does the average guy put his smart phone in his pocket? If he puts it in his front pockets, it could get damaged by his car keys, or if it's in the same pocket as his wallet, then it would create a huge bulge that is uncomfortable, but I don't see any guys outside having a big bulge in their pocket except me. So how do normal guys arrange all this? lol

publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

Winston wrote:
April 8th, 2022, 11:58 am
@publicduende

I was wondering something. Is every European required to carry their passport around everywhere they go? If so, where does the average European man put his passport? Where do you put your passport when you were in Italy? The thing is, most men do not like carrying shoulder bags right? Asian men may carry it but white men don't like to. So where would you put your passport then? If you put it in your back pocket, someone could easily steal it and if you sit down, you will wrinkle it. If you put it in your front pocket, it will be folded and wrinkled too. Right? So what do you do? Do you put it in a protective case and then put it in your pocket? If so, then every guy would have a bulge in his pocket but I don't see that on most guys. So how do they manage it? lol
@Winston

No European is required to carry their passport, or any form of ID, with them. Not even in proper police states, like Russia, LOL

Most European countries have their own national ID cards, which are recognised as valid IDs when travelling within the Schengen area (26 countries). There used to be an "extended" Schengen area including the UK and Ireland. After Brexit the UK is no longer in it and Euro travellers are required to present their passports at border control.

Ironically, it's in countries like the UK where no national ID system exists, that travellers have no other choice to present their passports if they don't have anything alternative available (e.g. they have no driving licence).

The Italian ID card is wallet size and, even when laminated, easily fits in a man's wallet. Passports obviously won't fit a wallet, but we usually only carry them for the duration of an international flight, or when visiting a consular office or an employer where we know we might be asked for an original proof of ID, or specifically our passports.

I personally keep my passport safe in one of my home office drawers. It takes more than a month to get a replacement, so losing it is a risk nobody wants to run. When carrying it, it's usually in my laptop bag, which I use as a carry-on baggage when flying, so it's always with me. When I used to be in London, when going out with a suit or jacket was the norm, I would put it in one of my inner breast pockets.

About wrinkled passports, yes, Euro passports tend to be quite sturdy as far as I could see. It takes years or neglect to really spoil a passport.
Winston wrote:
April 8th, 2022, 11:58 am
Btw, where does the average guy put his smart phone in his pocket? If he puts it in his front pockets, it could get damaged by his car keys, or if it's in the same pocket as his wallet, then it would create a huge bulge that is uncomfortable, but I don't see any guys outside having a big bulge in their pocket except me. So how do normal guys arrange all this? lol
No idea, I guess it depends on the person. I usually carry it in my right pocket. My Samsung Galaxy has a hard plastic case but the cover is not secured, so there's always a chance that, when falling, it might open and hit the floor on the screen or a screen corner. Fortunately it has never happened to me but, judging from the number of friends and acquaintances I see, with phone screen badly damaged, I guess it's quite common! :)