Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.

Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife

View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

How do you arrange wallets, phones, keys in your pockets?

Ask questions and get advice, or share advice. Disclaimer: Any advice you take here is at your own risk. We are not liable for any consequences you might incur from following someone's advice here.
Note: Before posting your question, do a search for it in the Google Search box at the top to see if it's already been addressed.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Re: How do you arrange wallets, phones, keys in your pockets

Postby Winston » Fri Jan 23, 2015 4:58 am

Thanks Rock.

So do you leave your passport in your room with your luggage? Or in a safe?

It does seem that most guys who go out carry very little in their pocket. Maybe a cell phone and some cash. But where do they keep their ID and credit cards and ATM cards?

I also keep business cards, photos, membership cards, reward cards, etc. in my wallet too, so my wallet is kind of thick and heavy. How should I avoid that? How do other guys walk around with very little in their pocket and no shoulder bag?

Only in Asia are shoulder bags common with guys. In Western countries, guys do not carry them. Nowadays if you get a good smart phone with a good camera, you don't need to carry a camera anymore.

But I still need a shoulder bag to carry my phone charger in, power pack, toiletries, pain medicine, HA pamphlets, napkins and tissues, etc. How do other guys not have to do that?
Check out the latest posts in our blog The Happier Abroaders.

Don't forget my HA Grand Ebook and Dating Sites!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
Winston
Site Admin

Postby Winston » Fri Jan 23, 2015 5:07 am

I also got another question. When you go swimming in a pool or on the beach, where do you leave your wallet and cash and valuables? I've never understood this. I see people go to the beach in their swimming trunks, but I don't see where they leave all their valuables. It's as if they don't have any. lol

When I go swimming, I leave my valuables in my pants or in my shoulder bag and leave it nearby within viewing distance. It's the only way I know how. I try to put them all in a bag if possible. But what do other people do when they go swimming? I've never been able to figure that out.
Check out the latest posts in our blog The Happier Abroaders.

Don't forget my HA Grand Ebook and Dating Sites!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
Winston
Site Admin

Postby MrMan » Fri Jan 23, 2015 6:40 am

If I had a passport while traveling, I'd use the safe if one were available. When I last lived abroad, I had it in a drawer in a locked cabinet so the maids and no one else could get to it. I had a local ID card I put in my wallet that I'd carry around.

I carry keys, wallet, a cell phone and a pocket comb. Back when I wore glasses a lot, I'd have a handkerchief in one of those pockets. Sometimes I'd carry a backpack. If nothing else, I could put a water bottle in it, which is good for the tropics.

I also committed the fashion crime of rocking a leather fanny pack for a while back in the '90's, but it was too ugly so I stopped.
MrMan
Experienced Poster

Postby droid » Fri Jan 23, 2015 4:47 pm

Winston wrote:My wallet is chained to my pants with a PacSafe chain.

+1 I hadn't heard of that, good idea.

It's important to not let one's wallet get too thick. It speaks of your organisation and mental frame. I always get rid of old receipts, irrelevant business cards etc. I've seen guys pull out wallets that look like a ball Lol, and it's not money. I never carry bills outside the wallet, and now i'm actually using my jeans' coin pockets, they actually make sense.

Having said that, I love shoulder bags when I have to carry more than a few things, as you can carry a toothbrush, paste etc. These can either be manly like in the old the days, or modern metrosexual, depending on how you carry yourself lol.

Also, I remember there used to be some short nylon 'sock-tubes' you could wear at knee-height, under your pants, to carry all your critical stuff. Has any of you seen those again? the stuff I see online now sucks.
1)Too much of one thing defeats the purpose.
2)Everybody is full of it. What's your hypocrisy?
droid
Veteran Poster

Postby Yohan » Fri Jan 23, 2015 5:33 pm

Winston wrote:Sorry if this is a trifling question, but I'm very curious about it.
How do most guys arrange their wallet, smart phone and set of car/house keys in their pants pockets without carrying a shoulder bag?

Well, different people arrange it in a different way.

I wonder, why not using a small bag? I prefer it, my pockets are empty. My keys are fixed with a chain to my bag, so they cannot be lost.

My situation is different, as we have our own rooms in Thailand and we have a safety box there. I do not carry my creditcard and passport with me.

In my shoulder bag is a small camera, mobile phone, a Thai cashcard, very little money, my keys for home and motorcycle, photocopies of my passport...Airticket is E-Ticket anyway.

Winston: When you go swimming in a pool or on the beach, where do you leave your wallet and cash and valuables?

We have a very large swimmingpool only for tenants. No need to go to the beach.
Yohan
Veteran Poster

Previous

Return to Questions and Advice