Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.

Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife

View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

Planning trip to Philippines: Looking for Advice

Ask questions and get advice, or share advice. Disclaimer: Any advice you take here is at your own risk. We are not liable for any consequences you might incur from following someone's advice here.
Note: Before posting your question, do a search for it in the Google Search box at the top to see if it's already been addressed.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Planning trip to Philippines: Looking for Advice

Postby Lucid-Dreams » Thu Jul 04, 2013 7:02 pm

Hi! I'm planning a trip to the Philippines at the end of August to perhaps meet the right person to share the rest of my life with.

Originally, I've had my eye on doing a romance tour on AFA for YEARS. I finally decided that this is the year, and I took vacation to do the romance tour from AFA in Cebu this summer. I haven't bought anything yet.

Recently, I came across Tony Bochene's website and videos where he claims AFA is a scam that hires prostitutes, etc. However, Tony himself seems a bit shady to me, like he has an alternative motive. Maybe he just wants to stick it to John Adams for something personal, maybe he wants to profit from ads from his "free" advice (I run an ad-blocker at all times so I'm not sure if his website and YouTube videos are revenue-generating.) What's more, everything bad that I've read about AFA is form the Russian tours, and not the Philippines. I'm still considering the AFA Tour.

Nevertheless, this did motivate me to recently consider alternatives.

One alternative I'm considering is joining cebuanas.com. It seems like a great way to get to know women ahead of time, and just going to one city and meeting the ones I am interested in the most. They even have a cheap romance tour, where for $299 they pick you up from the airport and take you to your hotel, (I've never been to the Philippines), give a Cebu city tour, setup up to 5 dates per day from women I've gotten to know on the website, and they actually assign you a tour guide for 7 days! Compare this with AFA, which would be $1995 where they pick you up, provide the hotel, provide two big socials but otherwise your fairly on your own.

However, I see another poster wrote awhile back: "Philippines is still the place to go as long as you stay out of Cebu, AC, and Subic where women are either used up or as bad as Thai Isaan girls."

Is Cebu (and in virtue of that cebuanas.com) not a great place to meet a potential life partner? By contrast, the post titled "They all want to meet you" really inspired me to go Cebu.

I love Will N. Dowd's post titled "I was a GOD in The Philippines!" and that got me super excited about visiting Davao. He just kind of winged it, but I don't think he was looking for a wife either. I want to have a plan, and I'm not quite sure the best way to get to know potential Davao women without a specific website or tour. It will be unlikely that I'll get another entire week off for the next year, so it's late August/early September or wait another year or more.

I read about the Davao Death Squad and actually since my intentions are good I'm not worried about them. :)

So, any advice on how I can best put this together would be appreciated! Should I do the AFA romance tour (in Cebu)? (can't do the AFA tour in Davao any time in the next 12 months due to vacation/work schedules) Or should get to know women from cebuanas.com they fly to Cebu and meet them? Or, should I try to get to know girls from Davao and try and figure how to structure my 7 day trip? Or... any other ideas? :?:

Thank you in advance! 8)
Lucid-Dreams
Freshman Poster

Re: Planning trip to Philippines: Looking for Advice

Postby Rock » Thu Jul 04, 2013 7:28 pm

Lucid-Dreams wrote:Hi! I'm planning a trip to the Philippines at the end of August to perhaps meet the right person to share the rest of my life with.

Originally, I've had my eye on doing a romance tour on AFA for YEARS. I finally decided that this is the year, and I took vacation to do the romance tour from AFA in Cebu this summer. I haven't bought anything yet.

Recently, I came across Tony Bochene's website and videos where he claims AFA is a scam that hires hoes, etc. However, Tony himself seems a bit shady to me, like he has an alternative motive. Maybe he just wants to stick it to John Adams for something personal, maybe he wants to profit from ads from his "free" advice (I run an ad-blocker at all times so I'm not sure if his website and YouTube videos are revenue-generating.) What's more, everything bad that I've read about AFA is form the Russian tours, and not the Philippines. I'm still considering the AFA Tour.

Nevertheless, this did motivate me to recently consider alternatives.

One alternative I'm considering is joining cebuanas.com. It seems like a great way to get to know women ahead of time, and just going to one city and meeting the ones I am interested in the most. They even have a cheap romance tour, where for $299 they pick you up from the airport and take you to your hotel, (I've never been to the Philippines), give a Cebu city tour, setup up to 5 dates per day from women I've gotten to know on the website, and they actually assign you a tour guide for 7 days! Compare this with AFA, which would be $1995 where they pick you up, provide the hotel, provide two big socials but otherwise your fairly on your own.

However, I see another poster wrote awhile back: "Philippines is still the place to go as long as you stay out of Cebu, AC, and Subic where women are either used up or as bad as Thai Isaan girls."

Is Cebu (and in virtue of that cebuanas.com) not a great place to meet a potential life partner? By contrast, the post titled "They all want to meet you" really inspired me to go Cebu.

I love Will N. Dowd's post titled "I was a GOD in The Philippines!" and that got me super excited about visiting Davao. He just kind of winged it, but I don't think he was looking for a wife either. I want to have a plan, and I'm not quite sure the best way to get to know potential Davao women without a specific website or tour. It will be unlikely that I'll get another entire week off for the next year, so it's late August/early September or wait another year or more.

I read about the Davao Death Squad and actually since my intentions are good I'm not worried about them. :)

So, any advice on how I can best put this together would be appreciated! Should I do the AFA romance tour (in Cebu)? (can't do the AFA tour in Davao any time in the next 12 months due to vacation/work schedules) Or should get to know women from cebuanas.com they fly to Cebu and meet them? Or, should I try to get to know girls from Davao and try and figure how to structure my 7 day trip? Or... any other ideas? :?:

Thank you in advance! 8)

If money means anything to you at all (you're not rich), don't think about an AFA tour in Cebu. Very bad from a value for money stand-point. Phils. is user friendly so you don't need those guys. But I realize on-the-ground time is very precious for you. It's not like you can just go and hang-out there open ended till you manage to meet the right one.

Why not develop online friendships with a bunch of girls from 2 or 3 cities in Phils. through dating sites. Get to know them as well as possible before you go through chats, photos, videos, cam, etc. Then get a shortlist of ones who you best click with and utilize your time in Phils to be with one or more of them. Relationships take more than a week to blossom in most cases. So do your homework and make best use of your prep time Stateside. Don't think handing over a couple grand to AFA will be you golden ticket. Better you manage the process yourself and save major bucks doing so. It's your future, not theirs.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Planning trip to Philippines: Looking for Advice

Postby Jester » Fri Jul 05, 2013 12:45 am

Lucid-Dreams wrote:One alternative I'm considering is joining cebuanas.com. It seems like a great way to get to know women ahead of time, and just going to one city and meeting the ones I am interested in the most. They even have a cheap romance tour, where for $299 they pick you up from the airport and take you to your hotel, (I've never been to the Philippines), give a Cebu city tour, setup up to 5 dates per day from women I've gotten to know on the website, and they actually assign you a tour guide for 7 days! Compare this with AFA, which would be $1995 where they pick you up, provide the hotel, provide two big socials but otherwise your fairly on your own.

Is Cebu (and in virtue of that cebuanas.com) not a great place to meet a potential life partner? By contrast, the post titled "They all want to meet you" really inspired me to go Cebu............

I wouldn't be afraid of Cebu. Lots of nice women. Definitely not all hoes! You'll meet sweet, shy girls there and in Davao. Hopefully you can screen out the few bad ones that will try to creep in.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby xiongmao » Fri Jul 05, 2013 2:40 am

I tried going on vacation and looking for an Asian wife but I don't recommend it. Long distance relationships have wrecked me as I was in limbo for so many months before I could meet another girl.

Far better to save up some cash then go live in Asia for 6 months or more.

Incidentally, why are so many HA guys going to the Phillies now? Why is nobody interested in Thai brides. The women here aren't all from Issan! In fact the majority of women here look nothing like the Thai brides I saw back in the UK!
In February 2013 I quit my boring job and now I'm Happier Abroad...
Do YOU want to date beautiful foreign women? Find out which country's women are best for you, and which dating site to look for them on!
Plus, if you like Asian girls, then check out my free Asian dating site.
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Answer to ur PM

Postby jboy » Fri Jul 05, 2013 5:13 am

I thought to share this here as well:

Hi!

Perhaps join a Philippine centric site and get to know several pinays from ur target city and meet up with the ones u click with. Tell them u are on vacation and means no hanky-panky. Stay away from those who want to be ur GF right away and never give them taxi money. They should meet u of their own accord.

Davao seems to be a good place. Its a safe city compared to Cebu and Manila. Based on my personal experience, cebuanas are a deceitful lot, manila girls are a bit stuck up but they are more real...the best for a newbie would be Davao.

Its a pity the resident pinays of this forum has been run off by the misogynists and manipulators but u can still try to contact them and see what they got to say. Try sending messages to Pinay Teacher, Ginger, and chaste-filipina. They could give u a ton of info and might even meet u up, if u are lucky lol.

What kind of look are u looking for? Some areas have a higher percentage of certain looks.

-James

Hey, if u swing by Makati, I can show u around if I happen to be free.
jboy
Freshman Poster

Postby Lucid-Dreams » Fri Jul 05, 2013 8:31 pm

xiongmao wrote:I tried going on vacation and looking for an Asian wife but I don't recommend it. Long distance relationships have wrecked me as I was in limbo for so many months before I could meet another girl.

Incidentally, why are so many HA guys going to the Phillies now? Why is nobody interested in Thai brides. The women here aren't all from Issan! In fact the majority of women here look nothing like the Thai brides I saw back in the UK!

HA... I'm not familiar with this acronym. Um... horny American?

I personally think that Thai women are super sexy!

https://thechive.files.wordpress.com/20 ... -poy-2.jpg

Face is so-so but OMG that body!: https://dc473.4shared.com/img/y0CZ5l5M/ ... del-17.jpg

I've heard that there is quite a cultural difference between Thai and Filipina women. From what I've read (and quickly correct me if I am wrong), while Thai will leave their country they really want to live in Thailand. They may secretly resent leaving their homeland. On the one hand, it seems that Thai's fantasize about the poor country girl who leaves town and marries the rich foreigner and returns so happy. A dream come true. On the other hand, sometimes the woman loses some face by marrying a foreigner. The man is often perceived as ill-natured who took advantage of a young pretty girl in need. Because the man is being perceived as a predator, her family and friends won't think it is wrong for her to try to take her husband to the cleaners and take half his stuff and then move back to Thailand. He took advantage of her, so it's okay for her to take advantage of him. What's more, the Thai women that tend to be attracted to foreign men are exactly the type of Thai woman that foreign men should generally avoid.

Whereas in the Philippines, so many grow up in hopes of leaving the country for a better life to provide for their families. Boys dream of being engineers, and women nurses or marrying a foreigner. Getting foreign income and "making it" is the Filipina dream. There is no shame, her entire family will be genuinely excited that she met a foreign guy. The perception of him is positive. The man isn't generally seen as a predator but a good guy who fell in love with a young pretty girl. Her dream is to sincerely have a family with him, and of course to help her family out too.

These are generalizations of course, and there are always exceptions. I'm sure there are plenty of Thai's who are 100% genuine, and plenty of Filipinas who just want to use someone for money or a green card and then they're gone.

So what say you guys? Feel free to affirm or deny any of these cultural generalizations!

Oh, and back when I was considering Thailand I was especially steered away from Thailand by these two fantastic articles.

"What Farangs “Don’t Getâ€￾ About Thai Women" http://www.stickmanbangkok.com/Reader/reader1844.htm
"Stickman's thoughts: Absolutely spot on, another submission that really is compulsory reading for farangs who spend time with Thai women."

"Why I Never Married A Thai": http://www.stickmanbangkok.com/Reader/reader1803.htm
LONG but excellent read!
"Stickman's thoughts: My God, it is as if everything this site has been working towards has been articulated and summed up in 19,000 odd words. This is, in my mind, the best submission this site has ever received and to use an often used cliché, this submission is COMPULSORY READING for all farangs interested in pursuing a relationship with a Thai woman."
Lucid-Dreams
Freshman Poster

Postby xiongmao » Sat Jul 06, 2013 2:29 am

Quite a few guys on this forum have Filipina wives/girlfriends. But they tend not to post much after they get hooked up. Which is a good thing - they should be having fun with their ladies, not posting stuff here!

I guess it's natural for Thai ladies to want to live in Thailand and Filipinas to leave their country. Thailand is a much better place to live and 24 million foreign tourists a year cannot be wrong about Thailand being THE BEST place in SE Asia.

As to your photos, that girl in the pink has the look that many middle class girls here have. Kind of a long face, white skin and big eyes. Few foreigners hook up with these girls though, they prefer the darker girls from Issan.

Thai ladies are a lot different in real life to what I expected before I came here. A couple of days ago I dated an Issan woman with an E or F sized chest and she looked more Indian than anything. She definitely didn't look like a typical Issan girl.

Last night a friend and I did some additional research into Thai women by going into a go-go bar. The dancers wore skirts that were little more than belts, so I can confirm that Thai girls have amazing asses. Also they were exceedingly friendly and one of the girls wasn't shy at all about showing us her goods.

As to good girls/bad girls - I got another friend who lives in China and he found out his good girl was cheating on him. Maybe it's better to date a bad girl!

P.S. Winston if you read this, the forum just logged me out. Can't you ditch those GoDaddy asshats?
In February 2013 I quit my boring job and now I'm Happier Abroad...
Do YOU want to date beautiful foreign women? Find out which country's women are best for you, and which dating site to look for them on!
Plus, if you like Asian girls, then check out my free Asian dating site.
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Postby Raja » Sat Jul 06, 2013 2:39 am

Lucid-Dreams wrote:
xiongmao wrote:I tried going on vacation and looking for an Asian wife but I don't recommend it. Long distance relationships have wrecked me as I was in limbo for so many months before I could meet another girl.

HA... I'm not familiar with this acronym. Um... horny American?

I personally think that Thai women are super sexy!

"

In this usage I think HA stands for Happier Abroad
Raja
Freshman Poster

Re: Planning trip to Phillipines: Looking for Advice

Postby davewe » Mon Jul 08, 2013 9:24 pm

Lucid-Dreams wrote:Hi! I'm planning a trip to the Philippines at the end of August to perhaps meet the right person to share the rest of my life with.

Thank you in advance! 8)

Davao's a nice city based on the small amount of time I spent there. I also really liked Cagayan de Oro (CDO). I've spent a fair amount of time in Cebu and while there are reasons it's called Little Manila (pollution, traffic) it's a good city to visit and a place to meet many girls - many good girls.

There's always a debate between whether you want girls from metro areas like Cebu or Manila or girls from the provinces. There are advantages and disadvantages both ways. BTW, one thing that makes it more complicated is that fat that many girls who live in manila and Cebu are provincial girls who moved for the work. So don't assume every Manila or Cebu girl is a city girl.

I think the best way to get a feel for different areas is to chat with girls online from those areas. Soon you'll get a feel for what you like and who might like to meet you.

Have fun!
davewe
Experienced Poster

Postby Jester » Tue Jul 09, 2013 7:35 am

Lucid-Dreams wrote:
xiongmao wrote:......Why is nobody interested in Thai brides. The women here aren't all from Issan! In fact the majority of women here look nothing like the Thai brides I saw back in the UK!

Oh, and back when I was considering Thailand I was especially steered away from Thailand by these two fantastic articles.

"What Farangs “Don’t Getâ€￾ About Thai Women" http://www.stickmanbangkok.com/Reader/reader1844.htm
"Stickman's thoughts: Absolutely spot on, another submission that really is compulsory reading for farangs who spend time with Thai women."

The first Stickman article seems irrelevant to me. Why do you or I care what Thais think of dark skin?

What I want to know is, are there Issan girls who are PRETTY?
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby Rock » Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:41 am

Jester wrote:
Lucid-Dreams wrote:
xiongmao wrote:......Why is nobody interested in Thai brides. The women here aren't all from Issan! In fact the majority of women here look nothing like the Thai brides I saw back in the UK!

The first Stickman article seems irrelevant to me. Why do you or I care what Thais think of dark skin?

As far as I'm concerned, yes there are!

1. Issan is huge region accounting for about a third of Thailand's population. It has its own diversity so it's not like everyone up there looks the same. And they're not all dark either. Certain parts have a an abundance of lighter skinned Thais.

2. I think standard of living for people from Issan has risen substantially in last decade or two. They have benefited from the emergence of Thailand as an economy and major global tourist destination. Many Issan people migrate to where the work opportunities are and send a substantial portion of their earnings back home. With economic growth of a given region, women tend to become taller, healthier, and better looking. That has happened with Issan Thais. They also eat relatively healthy food and some even take care of their skin these days.

3. IMO, the average girl or young woman from Issan today is taller, better built, has better skin, and is often prettier than an average young Pinay. Issanites are know for having ugly features, being short, skinny, and dark skinned. But that is a stereotype. Plenty don't fit that mold at all. They may be distinct from Central Thais and Thai Chinese. But some are still quite attractive or even hot. BTW, there is even a smattering of Chinese or even Indian blood which can sometimes be found in Issan people. And don't forget the ones who have mixed in white or NE Asian blood. Certain NE Asian tourists associate with girls from this region too.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

@Lucid-dreams

Postby buddy77 » Tue Jul 09, 2013 7:59 pm

When i went to Manilla, two years ago, what i did was arrange several dates a few months in advance, before my trip. I built a friendly connection with some of the women, others i teased and created sexual tension with.

I personally wasn't searching for marriage, just women to date while traveling abroad. I use dating websites and social networks.

Though i didnt sleep with any of the ladies, i still had fun meeting the different personalities. I also didnt feel alone or bored as i looked foreward to the next date.

I used this same strategy when i traveled to Mexico and Thailand, it certainly made my vacations more fun and enjoyable. though i dont have the ease to move out of
US of gay, shithole. I was really happier abroad!

Im heading on my third trip to Thailand btw, and i already have several propective dates lined up.
i always tell the ladies that im meeting other women as well to avoid any awkwardor hurt feelings.
Some of them are ok with it other not. They can take it or leave it.

Always set up several dates in case some of the women flake on you. You can employ the same strategy when you travel just about anywhere even in the Philippines.
Good luck and have fun!
buddy77
Freshman Poster

Postby hammanta » Sun Jul 14, 2013 5:30 pm

Hey, new to this site, well new in the sense that I've never made' a profile though I've been reading blogs on here for a couple years.

I've never done the whole dating tour thing so I can't help you there but I would advise, like everyone else, to try the online dating scene. You will have girls lined up for weeks wanting to meet you. Date in Asia is full of ladies though many scammers, gold diggers, ladyboys, etc. but I did meet a few well educated, well off and beautiful girls from that site. Others are Filipino cupid, Cherryblossom, AsianDating, WorldFriends, etc. My goal in the Philippines wasn't to find a wife as I am still young (23), but more so to travel, visit friends and family of friends from my other trips, and just have fun. But being a recent college grad. I'm always down for meeting women and partying so I have plenty experience in the online game, which is by far the easiest method of meeting girls in the country.

I guess my biggest advice to you is to throw away that notion of "I am a God" in the Philippines. Sure you will get much attention on dating sites and even in person but It will totally skew your sense of reality. You may pass on the right girl thinking, "oh i can find a better one," or you may build an ego and get a reality check when you come back to your own country. You may develop this view that every "jane" walking down the street must want me cause I'm a foreigner. You may even build a superiority complex to filipino men. Also there is no short supply of girls there but quality ones are a little trickier. The richer girls or more sophisticated ones don't really bother with foreigners unless you have entered their circle of friends (pretty hard to do in a few weeks). Poor girls are easy as hell to find but a little lower in the looks category as well as the notion of providing for her whole family. "Middle class" girls and single educated mothers are where you need to stay. The girls that don't need a way out but do want to find that special someone. I would make sure she at least has a degree and a respectable job.

And the biggest point is that there will be FAR more busts then there are fireworks. Like Winston had posted previously, Filipinas can be nightmares socially. Little sophistication, no intelligent thinking, and little childish things that will drive you up a wall. Communication can be difficult and frustrating. Flaking out on dates is common and be prepared to always have something to talk about cause its rare to find one who enjoys intensive conversation.

HOWEVER, don't let this be a discouragement. There are beautiful and wonderful girls all over the country to be had. Just go to the country, get some dates, make some contacts, and don't set the bar too high. Get a feel for the country and make plans to return for a longer stay. You will be highly disappointed if you plan on in a couple weeks finding the girl of your dreams. Good luck.
hammanta
Junior Poster

Postby Lucid-Dreams » Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:31 am

Jester wrote:
Lucid-Dreams wrote:
xiongmao wrote:.

It's not so much about the color of the skin. I think Issan girl are hot too! He even comments in the article that if you like how the girl looks that's all that matters; it doesn't matter what everyone else says. But did you read the entire article! I know it's long, but he makes a long and detailed case about how the Thai women that go after forefingers is exactly the kind of women to not marry. He explains why. He also argues that the pool of nice girls who are not especially interested in foreigners are difficult to access for the foreigner, and these are the best ones to marry. So, they irony being the ones we can get are exactly the ones we don't want. :p I've never been the Thailand; I'm just referencing the article.

Yeah Hammanta, I've already been busy sending emails, chatting and hours and hours of webcam chats. I'm not getting an ego though. Well, not much maybe a little! I have game here in the U.S so it's not like I'm surprised beautiful women want to meet me. Also, I do get reality checks when some of the women ignore my e-mails or chat requests, etc. yet they sign on every day. [It seems the best way to get the attention of the attractive women is to turn on a webcam, kick back, relax and let them approach! :) ] I still want to attract an seduce these women even if I don't need to. I don't want the relationship to be just about my material assets. I understand that's part of it, but I want her heart too so I'll treat each one like a person with feelings who wants not just comfort but love also, and not like a coin operated sex doll.
Lucid-Dreams
Freshman Poster

Return to Questions and Advice