Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Monday nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE AFA Seminar! See locations and dates here.



View Active Topics       View Your Posts       Latest 100 Topics       FAQ Topics       Mobile Friendly Theme


Why do African Americans want to live in the U.S.?

Ask questions and get advice. Disclaimer: Any advice you take here is at your own risk. We are not liable for any consequences you might incur from following advice here. Note: Before posting your question, do a search for it in the Google Search box at the top to see if it's been addressed.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster
Posts: 4573
Joined: October 4th, 2007, 5:33 am

Why do African Americans want to live in the U.S.?

Post by zboy1 » July 15th, 2013, 10:34 pm

Honest question: Why do Blacks continue to want to live in the USA or any other White-dominated country? As an Asian American, I see just how badly Blacks are mistreated in the USA. I also know the feeling of hate and discrimination towards my race, and how angry and resentful I got because of that. So then...why do Blacks continue to want to live here? All I see is Blacks complaining and whining about their situation, but it hasn't done any good, has it? Honestly, very little has changed since the Civil Rights Movement. I see many Blacks, to be honest, angry and frustrated with their situation. Many Blacks harbor great hatred and resentment towards White people (and many other groups such as Mexicans and Asians) but it's hard not to see why Blacks feel this way.

But then, having said all this, why do Blacks continue to pour into Europe and the USA--if they know they will be mistreated in those countries. It's the same way with how Asians are brainwashed to believe that everything 'Western' is somehow better than their own. I've always said that Asians would be a lot happier if they stayed in their own countries rather than immigrating to Western countries, en mase. Think of it: I'm on my way to permanently living in Asia in the future; I want-out of the country. Why don't more Blacks think like me, and escape their situation? The Trayvon Martin/George Zimmerman situation has really opened my eyes to how much White people despise Black people in the United States. It's been pretty shocking tbh, even though I supported Zimmerman in the court case. The vitriol of White America towards Blacks has shocked me in a lot of ways...




Check out our Dating Sites and International Romance Tours!



User avatar
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster
Posts: 6243
Joined: August 17th, 2012, 5:22 am

Post by Cornfed » July 15th, 2013, 11:02 pm

They seem like a passive domesticated race who simply stays where their Anglo-Jewish owners put them. They were shipped to various inner cities to be used as factory workers during and after the war, and decades after being rendered surplus to requirements, most of them are still there. The corporations that put them there should be held responsible for their removal, in the same way they generally have to dispose of other industrial waste.

User avatar
Teal Lantern
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2769
Joined: August 14th, 2012, 12:48 am
Location: Briar Patch, Universe 25

Post by Teal Lantern » July 15th, 2013, 11:29 pm

4 things:
#1) Most don't want to leave, permanently.
#2) No nation could handle or desires to handle an influx of that many people.
#3) Even if you found a willing country, consider the logistics of relocating tens of millions of people.
#4) It would take a separate post to explain, but .gov wouldn't take kindly to such an attempted mass exodus, either.

For all the complaining you may hear coming from SOME blacks, when it comes time to defend this country, you will find blacks represented in EVERY war America has ever fought.

Not everyone spends all their free time hating Whitey. :wink:
не поглеждай назад. 8)

"Even an American judge is unlikely to award child support for imputed children." - FredOnEverything

ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster
Posts: 3619
Joined: September 6th, 2007, 7:30 pm

Post by ladislav » July 16th, 2013, 12:20 am

Most blacks don't want to emigrate -- they want equality in the USA. They are Americans and want to fight for thier rights as Americans and partake in all the wealth. They feel that as former slaves they built this country so now they are owed it. And they are right.

Where will they go? Who will take them?

As Americans they've been taught that the US is the best country on earth. I asked my ex black boss who told me about discrimination in the US why he would not go and live in Latin America. He said " but I would have to learn Latin".

And frankly black people, if educated, can live a pretty decent life in America. Plus they can stay in all black areas-- where middle class black people live and have it pretty good. American is increasingly all about the haves and the have nots. Not about race.

Also, poor people can get welfare/subsidies and not even work. Be you black or white.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!

aozora13
Freshman Poster
Posts: 484
Joined: July 28th, 2008, 3:18 pm

Post by aozora13 » July 16th, 2013, 2:15 am

ladislav wrote:Most blacks don't want to emigrate -- they want equality in the USA. They are Americans and want to fight for thier rights as Americans and partake in all the wealth. They feel that as former slaves they built this country so now they are owed it. And they are right.

Where will they go? Who will take them?

As Americans they've been taught that the US is the best country on earth. I asked my ex black boss who told me about discrimination in the US why he would not go and live in Latin America. He said " but I would have to learn Latin".

And frankly black people, if educated, can live a pretty decent life in America. Plus they can stay in all black areas-- where middle class black people live and have it pretty good. American is increasingly all about the haves and the have nots. Not about race.

Also, poor people can get welfare/subsidies and not even work. Be you black or white.
+1

Also, usually even with 'benefits' family has a huge influence on if you should go because of job opportunities in Latin America which are low unless you want to start a business, etc.

User avatar
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster
Posts: 6243
Joined: August 17th, 2012, 5:22 am

Post by Cornfed » July 16th, 2013, 6:27 am

ladislav wrote:Most blacks don't want to emigrate -- they want equality in the USA. They are Americans and want to fight for thier rights as Americans and partake in all the wealth.
LOL, they are the exotic pets of the elite who want to get what they can out of their massas, just like other proto-people such as women, dogs and children. It is perfectly clear that blacks don't take themselves seriously as equal citizens. Only sickly white libtards do.

Chad114
Freshman Poster
Posts: 76
Joined: July 12th, 2012, 3:37 pm

Re: Why do African Americans want to live in the U.S.?

Post by Chad114 » July 16th, 2013, 7:29 am

zboy1 wrote:Honest question: Why do Blacks continue to want to live in the USA or any other White-dominated country? As an Asian American, I see just how badly Blacks are mistreated in the USA. I also know the feeling of hate and discrimination towards my race, and how angry and resentful I got because of that. So then...why do Blacks continue to want to live here? All I see is Blacks complaining and whining about their situation, but it hasn't done any good, has it? Honestly, very little has changed since the Civil Rights Movement. I see many Blacks, to be honest, angry and frustrated with their situation. Many Blacks harbor great hatred and resentment towards White people (and many other groups such as Mexicans and Asians) but it's hard not to see why Blacks feel this way.

Because White Supremacy is GLOBAL, there's nowhere to run to . It's EVERYWHERE. Highly melanated people are shit ed on across the planet.
zboy1 wrote:But then, having said all this, why do Blacks continue to pour into Europe and the USA--if they know they will be mistreated in those countries.
Because the System of White Supremacy has created conditions across the planet where Blacks and Asians and most other non white "races" have to flee their places of origin to go work for the crumbs of first world countries. If you live in a toilet, a dirty laundry bin will seem like HEAVEN in comparison. Check out the threads here on the monetary system and the debt scam. Read about Haiti to UNDERSTAND why it's so poor today. Don't wait for Cnn or MTV to tell you about it, it aint gonna happen.
zboy1 wrote:It's the same way with how Asians are brainwashed to believe that everything 'Western' is somehow better than their own.
Notice a familiar pattern??? :roll: The people that created the system of white supremacy were pretty smart they successfully pulled the wool over the world's MAJORITY non white population. Low self esteem and white worship are the NORM in most nonwhite countries.
zboy1 wrote:I've always said that Asians would be a lot happier if they stayed in their own countries rather than immigrating to Western countries, en mase. Think of it: I'm on my way to permanently living in Asia in the future; I want-out of the country. Why don't more Blacks think like me, and escape their situation?

They do or did, go look up Marcus Garvey. He led a back to Africa movement in the 1920's . He bought out some huge ocean liners (pretty big accomplishment back then!) and was ready to ship thousand ofBlacks back to africa to live independently . Guess what happened? Guess who was responsible?

I think White people despise us, yep they do, but they want us a around for various reasons I believe. Not too many of course, perhaps because our DNA is a threat to their existence.... The black people that think like you do are not made visible to people like you. But all nonwhite groups are pretty much in the same boat. Sure you don't get treated quite as poorly but unless you carry the "white" card, you aint equal in their eyes.

IMO that's why many nonwhites who are not "black" stand pat. You witness racism but you rationalize it by saying "atleast i dont get treated as bad as blacks". So then you you either decide to run from white supremacy (which aint really an option) or you just decide to join up with the bad guys (- the racist white Supremacists that run the planet) for acceptance into the club .
Meanwhile black people, the ones that aren't confused (an admittedly very small percentage) fight and DIE for justice that ALL nonwhites will and have BENEFITED from.
zboy1 wrote: The Trayvon Martin/George Zimmerman situation has really opened my eyes to how much White people despise Black people in the United States. It's been pretty shocking tbh, even though I supported Zimmerman in the court case. The vitriol of White America towards Blacks has shocked me in a lot of ways...
Well there you have it. I suggest you open your eyes a little more because, this is OLD news to black folks, TrAYVON MARTIN'S happen every day on this planet. But there's really no where to run to...

Contrarian Expatriate
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2284
Joined: December 3rd, 2009, 6:57 am

Post by Contrarian Expatriate » July 16th, 2013, 8:06 am

You can say the same of whites or any other ethnic group. Americans in general are miserable, though few would admit it.

You have to read between the lines and look at the suicide and divorce rates to see it.

Whites seem to delude themselves into thinking they are "happy" far better than blacks and they suffer the consequences because of it.

I can tell you the white Americans that live abroad rarely want to come back to the USA. What does that tell you?

zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster
Posts: 4573
Joined: October 4th, 2007, 5:33 am

Post by zboy1 » July 16th, 2013, 10:22 am

Chad, I disagree that Blacks don't have a place to run? Why not parts of Africa? Here's a video of an African American Family that repatriated to Ghana:



They seem happy, and they diss America in the process. What's better than that?

JamesSa
Freshman Poster
Posts: 62
Joined: February 19th, 2009, 6:04 pm

Post by JamesSa » July 16th, 2013, 11:58 am



ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster
Posts: 3619
Joined: September 6th, 2007, 7:30 pm

Post by ladislav » July 16th, 2013, 1:59 pm

In Russia, people from the Caucus are, despite their fair skin (ironically enough), called "black" and belong to that country's list of most despised. In America, they would be considered white, but not so in Russia! My Russian girlfriend never liked ...
That is Caucasus . From the countries of Armenia, Georgia, Azerbaijan. Also, from Muslim areas of Russia itself ( the areas that Russian conquered but the people there are still of Turkish-like look- Dagestan, Ingushetia etc.)

They are called black but skin is not taken into account. The hair color, eye color is. To give you a rough analogy- compare a Sicilian and an Anglo Saxon. In America, they are both white according to American classifications. But Sicilians were still called wops, dagos, guineas, and a smattering of other names. Greeks were called grease-balls. And on paper they are white. But who are you fooling? Just take a look at them! You've got to be blind not to see the difference.

Now, in Russia, there is no white category ( although Western racists are trying to bring it in).

There is the Russkiy- people that look like Vladimir Putin and have Russian names and family names. And then there are minorities who are not ethnic Russians- such as Tatars, various Siberian tribes and the people from the Caucasus- such as what I listed above. These are not Russkiy. Why? Because they are not- look at them!

In no paper anywhere, no document anywhere, no ethnological study of any kind, no government demographic listing of any sort would the word "white" be mentioned. As in no freaking place.

When discrimination takes place, they write:" people of Slavic appearance only! All others no need apply". Seen it in housing. But this is written in Russian; I don't know what they would write or say in English. The English language is rarely used there.

The "fair skin" thing does not apply.

Picture time!

This is a "russkiy" person

Image

Image

This is a person from the Caucusus:

Image

or this

Image

See the difference?

in Britain they would call him a wog, a bloody Paki, whatever. Kind of a similar division.

In the US, they both would be..white. But in the US now, Arabs are white and Turks are white too.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!

JamesSa
Freshman Poster
Posts: 62
Joined: February 19th, 2009, 6:04 pm

Post by JamesSa » July 16th, 2013, 3:47 pm

Good points, Ladislav.

When I first arrived here with my myopic American worldview concerning race, I quickly found it does not apply in Russia. In America, many of these different ethnic groups would all be lumped into the "white" category yet here in Russia, it does not exist, as you said. And they can easily distinguish one from another.

For this reason, there is no such thing as "white" privilege as you would see in the states. I agree: to hear Nationalist cries of "Russia for Russians" is not tantamount to "Russia for white people". It explains why a Jew is a Jew here; an Armenian is an Armenian; and a Turk is just a Turk. But in America, all of them are just "white" - exactly.

When I, as a black American, go to play pool with my Russian girlfriend and her friends, they will say things such as, "let's leave; too many Caucus people here!" or in general say, "This Tajik man! Pizdet!" (I think it's a swear word) But to me, with my American conception of race, it has taken me time to wrap my head around this new concept knowing that they would all just be white in America. I am getting better at noticing distinct features now after 6 months here, but sometimes it is still difficult to identify differences if the features are not too obvious (such as the pictures you showed).

I told my girl that if I were Uzbek, Caucus, or Tajik, I would try to flee Russia and head straight to the USA to avoid discrimination. Then I could enjoy a higher social status since I would now be "white" in America!
Last edited by JamesSa on July 16th, 2013, 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kai1275
Experienced Poster
Posts: 1436
Joined: April 29th, 2013, 6:19 pm

Re: Why do African Americans want to live in the U.S.?

Post by kai1275 » July 16th, 2013, 4:06 pm

Chad114 wrote:
zboy1 wrote:Honest question: Why do Blacks continue to want to live in the USA or any other White-dominated country? As an Asian American, I see just how badly Blacks are mistreated in the USA. I also know the feeling of hate and discrimination towards my race, and how angry and resentful I got because of that. So then...why do Blacks continue to want to live here? All I see is Blacks complaining and whining about their situation, but it hasn't done any good, has it? Honestly, very little has changed since the Civil Rights Movement. I see many Blacks, to be honest, angry and frustrated with their situation. Many Blacks harbor great hatred and resentment towards White people (and many other groups such as Mexicans and Asians) but it's hard not to see why Blacks feel this way.

Because White Supremacy is GLOBAL, there's nowhere to run to . It's EVERYWHERE. Highly melanated people are shit ed on across the planet.
zboy1 wrote:But then, having said all this, why do Blacks continue to pour into Europe and the USA--if they know they will be mistreated in those countries.
Because the System of White Supremacy has created conditions across the planet where Blacks and Asians and most other non white "races" have to flee their places of origin to go work for the crumbs of first world countries. If you live in a toilet, a dirty laundry bin will seem like HEAVEN in comparison. Check out the threads here on the monetary system and the debt scam. Read about Haiti to UNDERSTAND why it's so poor today. Don't wait for Cnn or MTV to tell you about it, it aint gonna happen.
zboy1 wrote:It's the same way with how Asians are brainwashed to believe that everything 'Western' is somehow better than their own.
Notice a familiar pattern??? :roll: The people that created the system of white supremacy were pretty smart they successfully pulled the wool over the world's MAJORITY non white population. Low self esteem and white worship are the NORM in most nonwhite countries.
zboy1 wrote:I've always said that Asians would be a lot happier if they stayed in their own countries rather than immigrating to Western countries, en mase. Think of it: I'm on my way to permanently living in Asia in the future; I want-out of the country. Why don't more Blacks think like me, and escape their situation?

They do or did, go look up Marcus Garvey. He led a back to Africa movement in the 1920's . He bought out some huge ocean liners (pretty big accomplishment back then!) and was ready to ship thousand ofBlacks back to africa to live independently . Guess what happened? Guess who was responsible?

I think White people despise us, yep they do, but they want us a around for various reasons I believe. Not too many of course, perhaps because our DNA is a threat to their existence.... The black people that think like you do are not made visible to people like you. But all nonwhite groups are pretty much in the same boat. Sure you don't get treated quite as poorly but unless you carry the "white" card, you aint equal in their eyes.

IMO that's why many nonwhites who are not "black" stand pat. You witness racism but you rationalize it by saying "atleast i dont get treated as bad as blacks". So then you you either decide to run from white supremacy (which aint really an option) or you just decide to join up with the bad guys (- the racist white Supremacists that run the planet) for acceptance into the club .
Meanwhile black people, the ones that aren't confused (an admittedly very small percentage) fight and DIE for justice that ALL nonwhites will and have BENEFITED from.
zboy1 wrote: The Trayvon Martin/George Zimmerman situation has really opened my eyes to how much White people despise Black people in the United States. It's been pretty shocking tbh, even though I supported Zimmerman in the court case. The vitriol of White America towards Blacks has shocked me in a lot of ways...
Well there you have it. I suggest you open your eyes a little more because, this is OLD news to black folks, TrAYVON MARTIN'S happen every day on this planet. But there's really no where to run to...
I don't have anything else to add to this. Spot on! There is no escape. They won't hold all of us down for too long at least. This global economy is going to open some serious doors for any black man willing to try different things.

ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster
Posts: 3619
Joined: September 6th, 2007, 7:30 pm

Post by ladislav » July 16th, 2013, 4:07 pm

I told my girl that if I were Uzbek, Caucus, or Tajik, I would try to flee Russia and head straight to the USA to avoid discrimination. Then I could enjoy a higher social status since I would now be "white" in America!
Well, not in some small redneck town, they won't. They'd call them 'damn Ay-rabs', grease-balls, or muzzies. On paper they would be white but not within daily interactions with people. To a black man, they would be white, though. But not all the time.

The white category was gradually expanded to include first the Irish, then Italians, than the Jews ( who disappeared off censuses- they can't in Russia, though) and later to include Arabs and Turks.

A hundred years ago, white meant British- Anglo Saxon and also Scandinavian, Dutch, etc. No more- the PC fighters slowly expanded it. The word Caucasian also means something totally different-- in Russia, they use the word Europid, not Caucasian.

No white people in Russia.

Nothing like this ever existed in Russia where either you are a Russkiy

Image

or you are a Ne-Russkiy

Image

Image

Can you see the difference? Or do they all look white to you?

However, in the shouts- Russia for Russians, they will usually not exclude other Slavs or Scandinavians. You don't have people beating up Ukrainians for one-- they just tease them. However, I've heard stories about Ukrainians who are dark looking- many Ukrainians are mixed with Turks getting harassed in Russia. Ukrainians are basically of Iranian stock with Scandinavian mixture added in later. They think they are the real Slavs and the motherland of all Slavs and that Russians are not even Slavic but Slavicized Finns. But Ukrainian themselves look very Turkish and Iranian in many cases:

Here's a Russian reel that is trying to refute the myth that Ukrainian are Slavs -- look at the faces, it says

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IX9HnxasFTA
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!

JamesSa
Freshman Poster
Posts: 62
Joined: February 19th, 2009, 6:04 pm

Post by JamesSa » July 16th, 2013, 4:21 pm

The white category was gradulally expanded to include first the Irish, then Italians, than the Jews ( who disappeared off censuses- they can't in Russia, though) and later to include Arabs and Turks.

I was just about to bring this up! While I am a "black" American, I also have Cherokee, Irish, and Lebanese ancestry.

I know my Irish ancestors were treated in a similar fashion to how black Americans were (and still are, to a large extent) treated today. Irish were considered "white Negroes" and had difficulty getting decent jobs. Many employers had signs that explicitly disallowed them from applying to jobs. They were often refused by landlords, forced to live in bad ghettos. Moreover, they had to live with the stereotype of being drunk, lazy, violent, and ignorant.

Even as late as the early 20th century, the U.S. Census Bureau did not include Irish and Italians under the "white" category.

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Questions and Advice”