Why do African Americans want to live in the U.S.?

Ask questions and get advice. Disclaimer: Any advice you take here is at your own risk. We are not liable for any consequences you might incur from following advice here. Note: Before posting your question, do a search for it in the Google Search box at the top to see if it's been addressed.
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

Most such definitions are nebulous and place-dependant. They also depend on who's doing the defining. But generally, if you have an English first names such as Mike, John, Dave, Bill speak English as your first language ( and do not speak any other), don't seriously belong to any ethnic associations and look like this:

You are an Anglo. And most people in America, CN, Oz, NZ fit that bill. It has to do with your culture, true, but also, what you look like plays a big role. There are people on periphery, true but not the majority.
Like here in OH most people are of German descent but they:
1) Don't speak German or have a German accent in English ( which is their first and family language)
2) Have never been to Germany and don't hold German citizenship
3) Don't have German names and do not identify with the German culture in any way.
4) Are not identified as German-Americans by anybody and don't identify themselves as such.

They look like this:

The Amish, otoh would not be Anglos by any definition.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
Teal Lantern
Veteran Poster

Post by Teal Lantern »

ladislav wrote:The good thing about Anglos is that the educated classes will accept you professionally if you have superior skills no matter what race you are. They will work with you and elect you into the office, etc. Amazing! Socially, they don't. Unless you are very rich.

With Latin America( and the Arab world, too) , it's the other way around-- socially, acceptance is very good but once you try to move up politically or get a good job, this is where everything stands against you.

Anglo America: I don't care how high you get as long as you don't get too close.
Latin America: I don't care how close you get as long as you don't get too high.
Socially XOR Financially ...
If those are my only two choices, I'll take the being "Paulie" (or AMG) option, over getting the hug. :D

не поглеждай назад. 8)

"Even an American judge is unlikely to award child support for imputed children." - FredOnEverything