What is this Men Going Their Own Way thing?

Ask questions and get advice. Disclaimer: Any advice you take here is at your own risk. We are not liable for any consequences you might incur from following advice here. Note: Before posting your question, do a search for it in the Google Search box at the top to see if it's been addressed.
rudder
Junior Poster

What is this Men Going Their Own Way thing?

Post by rudder »

Men Going Their Own Way MGTOW, apparently I've been living in a cave for the past few years, because I just heard about this.

My best guess is that the whole idea is for men to willfully castrate themselves (metaphorically speaking) and attempt to avoid all interactions with single women due to an irrational fear that they will somehow marry them unwillingly and then divorce them and take their assets.

Is that a pretty good summary of what that's all about?
Repatriate
Veteran Poster

Re: What is this Men Going Their Own Way thing?

Post by Repatriate »

rudder wrote:Men Going Their Own Way MGTOW, apparently I've been living in a cave for the past few years, because I just heard about this.

My best guess is that the whole idea is for men to willfully castrate themselves (metaphorically speaking) and attempt to avoid all interactions with single women due to an irrational fear that they will somehow marry them unwillingly and then divorce them and take their assets.

Kind of but it has more to do with western men being sick of feminism and giving up and deciding to form their own sub-society and being celibate. It's basically becoming a voluntary eunuch. It's lame and the ultimate "i'm taking my ball and going home" type of response.
Teal Lantern
Veteran Poster

Post by Teal Lantern »

rudder wrote:Men Going Their Own Way MGTOW, apparently I've been living in a cave for the past few years, because I just heard about this.

It's about understanding the risks involved in modern relationships and making their best individual decision.
Plenty of MGTOWs still date or have girlfriends, despite what detractors claim.
не поглеждай назад. 8)

"Even an American judge is unlikely to award child support for imputed children." - FredOnEverything
Maverick
Junior Poster

Post by Maverick »

Teal Lantern wrote:

It's about understanding the risks involved in modern relationships and making their best individual decision.
Plenty of MGTOWs still date or have girlfriends, despite what detractors claim.
Yes, this is true.

While I'm not a member of that forum (they mostly close off membership and only have it open at certain times), there's a wealth of knowledge about the pitfalls of marriage in the western world, among other things.

While it is useful in some ways, I find that forum to be overly negative and pessimistic. Still though, it may be a good option for some guys.
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Contrarian Expatriate »

MGTOW is simply men choosing to forgo marriage and commitment to women given the legal risks and relative imbalance of power in favor of women.

It means NEVER marrying or having a child with a woman from the Anglosphere countries, and never permitting a woman to live in your household.

It does NOT mean celibacy, but some men carry on as they always have. But most men in the Anglosphere get caught up in the legal quagmire of feminist law and realize it too late.

When you build yourself up, physically, intellectually, and financially instead of investing yourself in a woman, that is MGTOW.

If you really want to understand the basis behind MGTOW, read the book The Manipulated Man, by Esther Vilar.
anamericaninbangkok
Junior Poster

Post by anamericaninbangkok »

Whether they're from the Anglosphere countries or not, there are good and bad women everywhere. Nevertheless, I still think men should go their own way.
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Contrarian Expatriate »

anamericaninbangkok wrote:Whether they're from the Anglosphere countries or not, there are good and bad women everywhere. Nevertheless, I still think men should go their own way.
My point about the Anglosphere was not about the quality of the women, it was about the nature of laws and how they adversely affect men.

I do believe that the quality of women in the Anglosphere is particularly bad, but that was not at all the point I was trying to make.
anamericaninbangkok
Junior Poster

Post by anamericaninbangkok »

Contrarian Expatriate wrote:
anamericaninbangkok wrote:Whether they're from the Anglosphere countries or not, there are good and bad women everywhere. Nevertheless, I still think men should go their own way.
My point about the Anglosphere was not about the quality of the women, it was about the nature of laws and how they adversely affect men.

I do believe that the quality of women in the Anglosphere is particularly bad, but that was not at all the point I was trying to make.
Well if you're talking purely about the laws in the U.S., men do get the raw end of the shaft, that's for sure. Not sure how on earth America became so full of pussified Manginas, but it definitely has.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on March 6th, 2020, 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Malcolm Z
Freshman Poster

Post by Malcolm Z »

The ultimate form of burnout it seems.