Philippines, Thailand or Vietnam?

Ask questions and get advice. Disclaimer: Any advice you take here is at your own risk. We are not liable for any consequences you might incur from following advice here. Note: Before posting your question, do a search for it in the Google Search box at the top to see if it's been addressed.

Where should I narrow my search?

Philippines
61%
Thailand
17%
Vietnam
No votes
Other (please specify)
22%

Total votes: 18
pandabear
Veteran Poster

Post by pandabear »

Well, that's good news for Korea, Taiwan and Japan.

I've been in Taiwan, and I know that most Taiwanese women only want to marry Taiwanese or Chinese men.

Korean girls are very nice, but, over the past 30 years, gender-selective abortion has left a surplus of males, who are left seeking wives from Vietnam, China and the Philippines. The pickings these days may be slim.

The only thing that I really know about Japan is that it is a very expensive country.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

pandabear
Veteran Poster

Post by pandabear »

Reading, researching, and recollecting, I'm thinking that Thailand might be the best option. I've never been to Vietnam, but it looks like you can get arrested for wife-hunting. Just as a place to visit, Thailand is far superior to the Philippines. Apparently lots of Thai women would like a farang husband

http://bangkok.coconuts.co/random/mp-ur ... asier-life

Also, I think that most Thais have smaller families (compared to the Philippines), which could mean fewer inlaws hitting me up for financial support.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

Repatriate wrote:
I guess you'd be "replacing" the first wife..not sure how your kids will look at that. I have a feeling that when they get a bit older they'll put the pieces together and think you're a sleazebag though.
Obviously you've never raised children.

When I was raising 4 young children, with three in private school, and their mom staying at home, I couldn't afford much of an estate plan.

The subject once came up, about what would happen if one of us parents passed away. In unison, their mom and I said that the one who was still alive, would have to remarry. We both intuitively knew that providing a home for these precious youngsters surpassed everything in importance. And that the job we did as parents could NOT be done alone.

The tender youngsters were shocked at the idea.

I realized they needed to be introduced to the realities of life. So I told the boys, if anything ever happens to me, your mom should start seeing people and going on dates within a couple of months.

If a year goes by, I told them, and she still hasn't started dating, you boys fix her up with a date.

They nodded their assent like the young warriors they were.

"It is not good for the man to be alone. I will make a helper suitable for him."
-- The Book of Genesis, Chapter 2, Verse 18
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

pandabear wrote:
kai1275 wrote:
A music background might also imply middle-upper class and highly educated, most likely, for a young woman.

Well, yes. I know that in China, the violin has become a national obsession. Elsewhere, that would probably be the first thing to compromise on.
If you want the kind of ambitious, disciplined young lady whose parents pay for music lessons, I bet Vietnam would be a better bet than Thailand or the Philippines. (Thailand might beat Phils, not sure.)

Also for a "heathen" like you: Plenty of non-Christians in Vietnam and Thailand. Forget the Philippines.

You're not the only guy in the world who's changed over the decades. I used to like 'em tall, curvy, White, and showy, like Jessica Rabbit. Now I like 'em demure, quiet, and B-cup. Got to pick my new lady (ladies) based on who I am now, not who I was back in the day.
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

I still think China is the best place to find a wife. Thailand is a fun place, but it is a hard, hard place to find a quality lady.

Vietnam has potential, and I really must go there soon.
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.
anamericaninbangkok
Junior Poster

Post by anamericaninbangkok »

xiongmao wrote:I still think China is the best place to find a wife. Thailand is a fun place, but it is a hard, hard place to find a quality lady.

It may be difficult for you but I know many men who would disagree with you.

Have you started speaking Thai yet or at least tried to do so? Are you still just using the internet to hook up?
Falcon
Experienced Poster

Post by Falcon »

anamericaninbangkok wrote:
xiongmao wrote:I still think China is the best place to find a wife. Thailand is a fun place, but it is a hard, hard place to find a quality lady.

Have you started speaking Thai yet or at least tried to do so? Are you still just using the internet to hook up?
Unusually mellow response ... I was expecting AmericanInBangkok to say something like this:

You don't ****ing know !@#$ about $%^&. You need to get off your @#$ and start @#$% some @#$%^ and ^%$# ****!!! You post #@! on ^%#$ you don't @#$% !@#$!!!

:lol:
anamericaninbangkok
Junior Poster

Falcon wrote:

Unusually mellow response ... I was expecting AmericanInBangkok to say something like this:

You don't ****ing know !@#$ about $%^&. You need to get off your @#$ and start @#$% some @#$%^ and ^%$# ****!!! You post #@! on ^%#$ you don't @#$% !@#$!!!

I've made no secret of my feelings about him...
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

Falcon wrote:

anamericaninbangkok
Junior Poster

Jester wrote:
Falcon wrote:

If someone gets the same results and I try to help them and they don't listen, eventually I figure they just don't want help or they're stupid. If the guy wants to whine like a little bitch and complain about how the women in Thailand are so bad, nothing I can do. Can't make the horse drink.
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

Hmm, not sure who started this thread, but all I'll say is...

MYANMAR.

I am starting to think that Myanmar contains Asia's best women.
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.
pandabear
Veteran Poster

Post by pandabear »

Some of you guys are really funny.

Regarding China: I know that the protagonist of Seeking Asian Female did quite well for himself.

http://www.seekingasianfemale.com/

From my experiences in Taiwan about 30 years ago, I came to the conclusion that Chinese women are basically only interested in marrying Chinese men. Plus, China presently has a huge shortage of women, which means that the women can afford to be picky.

What Thailand seems to have going for itself: there are a variety of matchmaking agencies, usually run by an English husband/Thai wife team, where you have a decent number of available, marriage-minded women ready to go.

Browsing through their available stock: a lot of them seem to be divorced women and single moms. Given their status in Thai society

http://www.ijssh.org/papers/87-CH014.pdf

a farang would be doing them a big favor just by marrying them. However, I would prefer not to get involved with them. For one thing, given the fact the Thai women put their own children above their husbands, I wouldn't want to come between a Thai woman and her children, because I know that I'm not going to win. Moreover, a lot of them may still be very much attached to the father of the children, and may be seeking to dupe a foreign husband into supporting her boyfriend.

Which is why a full gynecological exam, and proof of virginity, would be a prudent move.

Moreover, if she has kids, it can slow down the immigration process, as the embassy will send out someone to investigate her marital status, etc.

Singapore does have a number of shops offering Vietnamese brides.

http://www.malaysia-chronicle.com/index ... z2jX3zIk9r

http://news.asiaone.com/News/The%2BNew% ... 602/2.html

The transaction seems to be about as simple as buying a puppy. But, the supply in Singapore seems quite limited, and I don't know how interested they would be in moving to the USA. The Vietnamese government seems to have come down really hard on men going to Vietnam to select a wife.

In the Philippines, people have a VERY positive attitude towards the USA. Finding someone who would want to marry me and move to the USA wouldn't be a problem.

Thais seem to prefer Englishmen.

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/2009/05 ... 103341.php

I visited Burma briefly about 30 years ago. The women seemed nice, but weren't exactly throwing themselves at foreigners.
anamericaninbangkok
Junior Poster

Burmese women are definitely not the answer and they're definitely not throwing themselves at westerners. I've been there a dozen or so times and I'm going to Yangon and either Sittwe or Mandalay or Bagan next month.

As far as the women being the best women in Asia. Best in which ways? If you want some farm girl who will be a good wife, then it's not so difficult if you speak the language. If you want a college educated woman, more difficult as many end up married right out of university and some of those that graduated may not be as traditional as the farm girl. Just like in Thailand...

Xiongmao - Burmese sometimes end up with Singaporeans, Koreans, and Chinese because they come over to start and run businesses, much more so than westerners. But...if you don't have game in Thailand, I think you'll have a hard time in Myanmar.
pandabear
Veteran Poster

Post by pandabear »

Here is a marriage agency in Mandalay

http://www.freewebs.com/mmarriageagency/index.html

I don't know if Burma is as bad as it used to be, but I suspect that there would still be insurmountable difficulties.
pandabear
Veteran Poster

Post by pandabear »

anamericaninbangkok wrote:As far as the women being the best women in Asia. Best in which ways? If you want some farm girl who will be a good wife, then it's not so difficult if you speak the language. If you want a college educated woman, more difficult as many end up married right out of university and some of those that graduated may not be as traditional as the farm girl. Just like in Thailand...
In my particular hypothetical situation: The most important thing would be to find a girl who is kind, gentle, loyal, dependable, etc. and who isn't going to screw me over or make too many demands for money for her relatives. The education level would not be that important (although I consider education to be of prime importance for my children). I probably would be better off without a high-powered professional. I certainly would not hold a college education against a potential candidate.